The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 85
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 209812 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 25, 2017, 06:25:08 PM »

Topic: "Will Kennedy retire Monday?"

Booker will unify the Dems and win WI and VA and Kamela Harris will defer to him.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #351 on: June 25, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »

Context:

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #352 on: June 26, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »

DUP makes deal with the Conservatives.
The UK is officially f[inks]ed

On the bright side, we now have a terrific excuse to sh**tpost for the next x number of months or years.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2017, 12:46:51 PM »

LOL, ranking 5 different Mitt Romneys made me LOL pretty hard.

FF.

1. 1994
2. 2002
3. 2016
4. 2012
5. 2008
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »

I'd like to ask for this thread to be locked and new one, named for someone far more deserving, created. It was nice, but time to move on.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2017, 04:02:32 PM »

I'd like to ask for this thread to be locked and new one, named for someone far more deserving, created.

Ahem:

Next thread must be named for Morden

I accept your nomination.  Tongue
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2017, 04:07:07 PM »

Sadly Mitch will be 80 by then and the average life expectancy of a turtle is 100
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #357 on: June 27, 2017, 11:55:38 AM »

Dear Mr Allah,

I am writing to inform you that upon examining your religion, I have sadly concluded that many facets remain unworkable to fit around my personal life. Please gracefully accept these humble suggestions to change the religion a bit:

1) update the hajj calander so that one can fix a festival schedule around it. Plus, have you considered a tie-in with Ingress? Think about it.

2) please clarify that under the rules of hijab, women are not obligated to cover - nay, encouraged to reveal - their feet? (I agree that it must be haram for men to cover their feet)

3) why were the Catholics allowed to stay in Iberia?

Yours sincerely
BRTD
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #358 on: June 27, 2017, 04:13:40 PM »

Tough call. He's a conservative so absolutely but he's also a colourful people which means definitionally it is impossible for him to be racist because he lacks the mystical privilege power required to transmute racial discrimination into racism. So im going to say no, but with the added caveat that its ok to call him racial slurs like "uncle tom" because he forfeited his blackness by having his own opinion. We need diversity of colours not diversity of thought.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #359 on: June 28, 2017, 01:19:13 AM »

Tough call. He's a conservative so absolutely but he's also a colourful people which means definitionally it is impossible for him to be racist because he lacks the mystical privilege power required to transmute racial discrimination into racism. So im going to say no, but with the added caveat that its ok to call him racial slurs like "uncle tom" because he forfeited his blackness by having his own opinion. We need diversity of colours not diversity of thought.

I'll admit this made me chuckle.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #360 on: June 28, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »

Obvious FF, and certainly better than most of his detractors. Pretty amusing how he manages to get under RINO Tom's skin.

LOL?  When he talks shlt and I respond, that doesn't mean he "got under my skin," though I know you *populists* stick together. Wink

I was exaggerating a bit, but yes, I do enjoy your little feud. Whenever one of you posts something, I know EXACTLY what the other one's immediate response will look like. Wink

Atlas needs stability, or it will crumble.

Finally saying something conservative!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2017, 01:43:19 PM »

Possibly best thread title ever

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267583.0
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #362 on: June 29, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #363 on: June 30, 2017, 11:01:42 AM »

Unfortunately, the alt-left of Michael Moore, Lyndon LaRouche, and Howard Zinn is more popular among the Democratic mainstream than most Republicans. That will likely mean that Maduro beats out Trump with Atlas's Democrats.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: June 30, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »

Unfortunately, the alt-left of Michael Moore, Lyndon LaRouche, and Howard Zinn is more popular among the Democratic mainstream than most Republicans. That will likely mean that Maduro beats out Trump with Atlas's Democrats.
Let's not pretend Howard Zinn is an actual historian. He clearly had an extremely radical agenda, and the fact that people like Shadows and other staunch Sanders supporters keep quoting him is certainly comparable to the alt-right of Milo and Richard Spencer.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #365 on: June 30, 2017, 05:31:45 PM »

Let's not pretend Howard Zinn is an actual historian. He clearly had an extremely radical agenda, and the fact that people like Shadows and other staunch Sanders supporters keep quoting him is certainly comparable to the alt-right of Milo and Richard Spencer.
no thank's
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #366 on: June 30, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »

μᾶζαΔΔΙΙΙ       
YaBB God
★★★★★

Re: μᾶζαΔΔΙΙΙ ἄρχων
« on: 335 BC at 12:31:59 am »

My stance on social issues is an overall centrist approach. While I prefer the ekklesia to ensure liberty and then stay out of it to save time and drachma, I still have my own opinions on the matter and hence my actions may reflect that. I refer to slaves by the natural condition of "property" assigned to them at birth. With all due respect to all those on the other side of the matter, I don't buy the whole "equality" thing. Nor do I buy that slaves can become citizens by "purchasing" their freedom, I think that is a lot of phony information. The only exception I make if for those who are slaves by law only, as I think they deserve the dignity of being referred to as human beings.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #367 on: July 01, 2017, 12:02:23 AM »

Yes, Zinn is shoddy and agenda-driven in his history writing. But that makes him comparable to Jonah Goldberg, not Richard Spencer.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #368 on: July 01, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »

I always make sure my bank is pressurized before making a withdrawal at high altitude.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: July 01, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2017, 02:34:56 PM by shua »

Yes, Zinn is shoddy and agenda-driven in his history writing. But that makes him comparable to Jonah Goldberg, not Richard Spencer.

It's not especially fair to compare someone who was an academic historian, albeit one whose personal project was oriented around retelling American history as a morality tale, to an un-credentialed editorialist who has written a couple of potboilers posing as political non-fiction to get in on the vast right-wing publishing grift. (Can you imagine anyone like Eric Foner writing an admiring obituary for Jonah Goldberg?)

Zinn's work is also impossible to separate from how history is taught in the United States and I don't think you can read it without thinking of it as a response to the parade of decontextualized facts, great men, and unerring optimism and progress to which students in most primary and secondary school classrooms are subject.

Of course it's a response to something.  That doesn't make it good history. Note I didn't say anything about Jonah Goldberg's credentials or whether historians with leftist sympathies have nice things to say about him.

but I realized this discussion is in the funny posts thread and it isn't very funny anymore.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #370 on: July 01, 2017, 04:42:44 PM »

The National Enquirer is one of the last reliable sources of news in this country.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #371 on: July 01, 2017, 08:19:56 PM »

I always use ze/zim/zer/zis/zer/zers pronoun for Zr. BRTD. I'm glad to know know I don't have to do that for zer anymore.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #372 on: July 02, 2017, 01:39:43 AM »

but I realized this discussion is in the funny posts thread and it isn't very funny anymore.

Interruptions might be a concern if more than a negligible portion of posts made in this thread were funny in the first place.

I think that you would be hard pressed to find any historian who believes that Jonah Goldberg's is making a positive contribution - or even an honest attempt at one - to the public's understanding of history or politics.

I believe those historians who have some nice things to say about Zinn's work generally do so because of it's promoting among the public the interest of certain kinds of history, not the understanding of that history.   I find it much more difficult myself to be so sanguine about the distortions promoted by this work in its influence on the public understanding of history.  The fact that he was an academic historian only makes these distortions the more jarring.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #373 on: July 02, 2017, 07:57:02 PM »

Better without context:

^Now I'm imagining an invasion of German lesbians in the Deep South.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #374 on: July 03, 2017, 12:34:48 AM »

I know this is old but.

Sorry buddy...I dont trust the FAKE NEWS mainstream media...until InfoWars or Alex Jones says its true...I dont believe it.

This argument is patented by Republicans and only can by used by Blue avatars.
Your post is reported to the Mods.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies