The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:47:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 86
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 212094 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »

Well, he didn't live as long as Barbara Bush who is ageless, so long Adam West, hero.

Cross-post: The Da-Jon Gallery of Posts that Really Make You Think
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »

On a related note, I'm curious if there are glory holes for women

on the streetz i hear they're called vaginas
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #302 on: June 11, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2017, 02:01:58 PM by TexasGurl »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #303 on: June 11, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2017, 02:02:20 PM by TexasGurl »

Yes... Those two are the predominant examples of pre-2000 European society.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #304 on: June 11, 2017, 04:17:16 PM »

A bit of meta-comedy: I laughed at TG's extremely thorough obliteration of Naso's comment.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #305 on: June 11, 2017, 04:20:01 PM »

And now, thanks to some external assistance, Naso made his most substantive and least idiotic post so far.

I don't recognize this place anymore.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #306 on: June 11, 2017, 04:46:21 PM »

Can somebody please PM me what reaganfan said lol
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #307 on: June 11, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »

Can somebody please PM me what reaganfan said lol

Done
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »

Me too?  I've seen this comment in a couple of places and can't help my curiosity!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2017, 05:28:41 PM »

what the Hell?  That was a brilliant post deconstructive of xenophobia!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2017, 09:05:01 PM »

So what if he did? Trump could have pardoned him if he wanted to.

Which, if he were planning on doing the whole time, shows how stupid Trump is for creating this entire debacle.
Incompetence without malice is justified.

Is that Trump's new campaign slogan?

Keep making jokes while President Trump stuffs the courts with conservatives.

https://www.courthousenews.com/trump-taps-11-latest-round-judicial-nominations/

How many electoral votes does Norway have again?

How endowed were you as a baby again?
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »

Context:

cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2017, 10:45:18 PM »

Mississippi and Georgia being a shade lighter is the best part.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #313 on: June 12, 2017, 07:49:10 AM »

Well, he didn't live as long as Barbara Bush who is ageless, so long Adam West, hero.

If Barbara Bush is ageless, then I don't want to live past 60.

I suspect you aren't the only one who hopes you don't live past 60. 😸
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #314 on: June 12, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »

What happened to the rumors about Haslam and Corker switching?

That would make very a boring version of Freaky Friday.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2017, 12:14:52 PM »

Context:

Torie won't endanger the peace process unless one of the factions there starts badmouthing Hudson.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »

In 2017, a team of deeply pious moderators conducted a radical experiment on a hidden subboard. The mods had theorized that a poster without access to any senses or ways to perceive stimuli would be able to perceive the presence of Dave.

They believed that the five senses clouded our awareness of eternity, and without them, a human could actually establish contact with Dave by thought. An elderly poster who claimed to have “nothing left to live for” was the only test subject to volunteer. To purge him of all his senses, the mods performed a complex operation in which every sensory nerve connection to the brain was surgically severed. Although the test subject retained full muscular function, he could not see, hear, taste, smell, or feel. With no possible way to communicate with or even sense the outside world, he was alone with his thoughts.

Mods monitored him as he spoke aloud about his state of mind in jumbled, slurred sentences that he couldn’t even hear. After four days, the man claimed to be hearing hushed, unintelligible voices in his head. Assuming it was an onset of psychosis, the scientists paid little attention to the man’s concerns.

Two days later, the man cried that he could hear his banned buddy speaking with him, and even more, he could communicate back. The mods were intrigued, but were not convinced until the subject started naming dead relatives of the mods. He repeated personal information to the mods that only their dead spouses and parents would have known. At this point, a sizable portion of mods left the subboard.

After a week of conversing with the deceased through his thoughts, the poster became distressed, saying the voices were overwhelming. In every waking moment, his consciousness was bombarded by hundreds of voices that refused to leave him alone. He frequently threw himself against the wall, trying to elicit a pain response. He begged the mods for temporary ban, so he could escape the voices by being off-line. This tactic worked for three days, until he started having severe RL terrors. The subject repeatedly said that he could see and hear the deceased in his dreams.

Only a day later, the subject began to scream and claw at his non-functional eyes, hoping to sense something in the physical world. The hysterical subject now said the voices of the dead were deafening and hostile, speaking of hell and the end of the world. At one point, he yelled “No heaven, no forgiveness” for five hours straight. He continually begged to be killed, but the mods were convinced that he was close to establishing contact with Dave

After another day, the subject could no longer form coherent sentences. Seemingly mad, he started to bite off chunks of flesh from his arm. The mods rushed into the test subboard and restrained him to a table so he could not kill himself. After a few hours of being tied down, the subject halted his struggling and screaming. He stared blankly at the ceiling as teardrops silently streaked across his face. For two weeks, the subject had to be manually rehydrated due to the constant crying. Eventually, he turned his head and, despite his blindness, made focused eye contact with a mod for the first time in the study.

He whispered “I have spoken with Dave, and He has abandoned us” and his account deleted.

There was no apparent cause of deletion.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2017, 03:45:56 PM »

Next thread must be named for Morden

One would expect that the forum’s opinion of Reaganfan would depend on whether they remember Ronald Wilson Reagan himself.  In the 1980s, American homes were, on a weekly basis, tuned into television programming such as “The A-Team”.  The protagonists of this show were people who could do jobs that the government was incapable of doing, and the government was always trying to stop them.  This fit the bill for the Reagan Era’s anti-government conservatism.  This was normal when one was living under the post-World War II cloud of communism.

Obviously, much has changed since then.  But the seeds of cultural decay actually began even before the 80s, when the good old days of the 1950s were replaced by the disillusionment of the radical 1960s and 1970s...all the while the Soviet Union was showing off its military strength. As this was happening, the 20 year old guy firing at German soldiers on French beaches was suddenly a 56 year old American who saw a likable but incompetent President fumbling the ball with the Soviets, having American hostages in Iran, and watching the country they had fought for radically change before their eyes. They were fed up. It didn't matter how likable President Carter was. It didn't matter how good of a speech he might give. The foreign policy failures and the economic recession were simply unacceptable.  Nowadays, when women and blacks constitute a solid majority of America, a Republican winning the popular vote is almost unthinkable.  But in 1980 America, figures such as Archie Bunker still had cultural currency, and so Reagan won a landslide beyond what any of the cultural elites of then or now could have imagined.

Unfortunately, this wouldn’t last.  Women, blacks, and even gays are now the majority.  And so we have an attempt by liberals to make it seem that if someone is a conservative or a member of the Republican Party, that the person should be considered either homophobic, racist, sexist or bigoted. This is due to the overwhelming facts about why certain voting blocs vote a certain way.

Now, before we go any further, let’s agree on two rules:

1. You cannot say that I am "generalizing" or "stereotyping". I'll let you in on a secret...nearly all of America is one big generalization. Generalizing is by far a foundational element of logic and human reasoning.

2. Everything can be interpreted as racist, due in part (funnily enough) because of generalizing. You can say, "I miss 50s music." Does that mean you wish Jim Crow Laws were still in existence? Of course not.

Now, with those ideas in mind, let's look at men vs. women. YES, you do have exceptions where there are men who vote liberal, women who vote conservative. This is clear. See Rule #1 about generalizations.

I remember watching interviews back in the 2012 election campaign, where reporters walk around college campuses or a neighborhood or wherever, and ask the men and women who they may consider voting for and why. Men, regardless of who they claimed they were voting for, seemed more issue oriented. "Ahh gas prices, etc”. "Obama killed Bin Laden, he's got my vote!" etc. Women on the other hand, seemed more emotion oriented. "Yeah I don't think he's done a good job on the economy...but I feel as though he is trying his hardest“. That's what nailed it for me.

To quote a film line from Sean Connery, the ultra tough-guy male, James Bond himself, “Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!” It's true that for the most part men couldn’t care less about emotion when it comes to voting. That's why so many men (a majority) voted for John McCain the same day virtually the entire world was gasping over the election of the first black President of the United States. They weren't voting based on race. They're not racist. They weren't voting based on the eccentricity of the moment or emotion. They voted on the issues. Women tend to vote on emotion.

Think of the general way dating is perceived. If a woman tells another girl that a guy just got out of jail, and he's a perceived a ”Bad Boy", chances are she will look at that as a positive. It's a turn on. It's dangerous.

If a man tells another man, "That girl just got out of jail, she's a bad girl, etc” chances are the guys will say, "Keep me the hell away from that crazy girl".

While that's a generalization, it's quite obvious the "bad" image appeals to women while men typically will tell each other, "Stay away from her, dude...she's bad news".

Then you end up with having many women think they can change the way a man is. Or they try and ameliorate and rectify a negative situation. "He only hits me because he loves me". That real emotion driven, "We may have 8% unemployment, but he's trying“. Men on the other hand are more likely to say, "I want results!"

That's why we have such a huge gender gap. Emotion. Democrats LOVE to drive voter emotion. I'll never forget my grandmother near tears because she read some pamphlet in the mail that said if George Bush is elected President in 2000, her social security would be gone on day 1 of his administration. Of course, George Bush defeated Al Gore in 2000, and my grandmother still has her Social Security, assuming that she’s still alive. It's the politics of fear. Often Democrats say Republicans are the party of fear, but it's actually the other way around.

Now, let’s talk about women and political knowledge.  The other day, I asked my sister if she could name all of the members of the A-Team, and who was president when they went on their first mission.  She said she thought the A-Team was the one with the talking car, and asked if the president at the time was Bill Clinton.  Exasperated, I asked her how she will feel when Red China beats us to Mars because too many of today’s youth don’t even know the answers to such basic popular culture questions.  I asked her how she would feel if the Chinese broadcast their Mars landing, and pre-empted her favorite television programming.  She said “I guess that would suck.”  Can you believe that she gave such a simple five word answer, with one of those words being “suck”?

So that’s why I don’t think Reaganfan will be seen as a Freedom Fighter here until America’s demographic trends are reversed, and Dirk Benedict is back on television.

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2017, 06:46:15 PM »

Another reason why if I was raised Muslim I would no doubt convert.

Oh yes, just as there's no doubt whatsoever that if you were born a Polynesian tribesman ca. 1340, you'd still find your way to a Minneapolis studio apartment.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=266257
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #320 on: June 13, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »

How does he plan to fund this? Are we suppose to expect the deficit hawks in the freedom caucus to pass this? Are Democrats gonna even entertain the notion of working with a Republican President after seeing how their last two Presidents were treated by the opposition Party?

Bush was treated worst easily by far . It was just that unlike clinton and obama, Bush held on to both houses of congress for the first 6 years of his president.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »

I bring them to my mom every week...

That answer could be duplicated by about 85% of the posters here, if they're honest.

It's unfair to assume that a person doesn't wash his or her bedsheets whether or not they live at home.

We shouldn't be making assumptions about people we've never met in person just because they're Atlas users.

It's a reply based on rock solid demographics, AZ......
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2017, 02:38:27 PM »

"Is Kamala Harris hot?"

It tends to be hot and humid in DC this time of year, but she's probably in a building with air conditioning right now, so probably not too hot.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #324 on: June 14, 2017, 02:49:06 PM »

Morden's on the roll

Does Dave personally approve every new registration to the forum?  If so, then I guess it's the one way in which he's still participating.  Maybe the way to get his attention then is to encourage friends and family to register new accounts on the forum with usernames that are actually coded messages, like "Dave, please check your emails, thanks, Morden".

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies