The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Kalwejt Foundation for the Promotion of Atlas Hilarity  (Read 212312 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: March 11, 2017, 08:18:24 PM »

As we've learned from someone, being a Muslim is a huge bonus in a Democratic primary:

This thread is stupid but she could absolutely be a serious candidate for president. Not in 2020 but maybe in 2024 after she actually wins an office. Being a Muslim is like +20 bonus points in a Democratic primary. The problem is though there aren't a lot of Muslim politicians, as there just aren't a lot of Muslims, and most of the ones we do have are too fresh off the boat to be taken seriously as politicians. As soon as someone comes along who is Muslim, can speak good English, and hasn't said anything more than vaguely pro-terrorism, the Democrats will beg them to run for president.

So might any candidates try to take advantage of this by converting to Islam? Like by this logic, if say Cory Booker became a Muslim, he'd basically lock the nomination up. 20 bonus points would be hard to top.

You and Famous Mortimer are my two biggest critics. I'm glad to see infighting among my Atlas enemies. Divide et impera.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »

Legitimate question: can you explain what Gamergate was to me in extremely simple terms and how I would have completely missed its existence in 2014?  And why should I care about it today?  Anything I read about it just confuses me more.

I would say:

January 20, 1969-January 21, 1973- The repudiation of cultural liberalism in the 1968 elections (combined with lowering taxes) until the day before the fateful day where the country turned for the worse.

I know, it was tragic that President Johnson died on January 22, 1973.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »

Wow! Two of my posts in a row here! Great honer!
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:54:30 PM »

This response to that:
^You've got New Hampshire wrong, Bush won it in 2000
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »

1. Big money has been tried and it hasn't worked for the Democrats. Hillary got WAY more money than Trump and still lost. Democrats have lost seats they shouldn't be losing. Take 0 corporate money and maybe people won't think you're a sellout or some establishment shill. Maybe you'll get a bit less money, but then what do you do? Go all over the place talking about how your opponent takes big money donations (as Republicans tend to do), and about how your average donation is twenny seven dollahs.

Lol. That doesn't work as well as you think it does. Most voters really don't care. Again, not everyone sees everything in the same way that you do. The attack ads airing all over the state are much more
effective then the target of said ads speaking in random bars or wherever

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Most of those people, while not well off, aren't actually starving. They're often just rich enough to be primarily concerned with social issues. Those who are are often less interested in programs to help the poor and more interested in making themselves well-off enough to not need it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Roll Eyes Why do I even argue with you...
The idea that WV's and working class people, can't be persuaded to vote for left-wing parties, and left-wingers if there was a candidate that spoke to their concerns and to their ideals is ridiculous.

http://forsetti.tumblr.com/post/153181757500/on-rural-america-understanding-isnt-the-problem

Someone who has a lot more experience with white rural america then you.

So.... To summarize, Christianity is bad and the upper education system has no liberal bias, just a facts bias.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »

...Eisenhower to the left of Carter? Reagan to the left of both Bushes? Nixon to the left of and more libertarian than Ford?!

I mean, once you realize that Rutherford B. Hayes is the exact center of the political spectrum, it all makes sense.

CC: Good Post Thread & One-Liners
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »
« Edited: June 11, 2017, 02:02:20 PM by TexasGurl »

Yes... Those two are the predominant examples of pre-2000 European society.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »

I want Rudy to beat Hillary in 2006 for Senate and then run and become President in 2008 and 2012.

Follow that up with Jeb Bush in 2016 and 2020 and I'll be a happy man!

HELL NO! It'd make things so much worse in strip clubs. Tipping with coins just doesn't work. Plus, what are the strippers going to do with them? You can't wrap coins around your thigh with a garter. BAD BAD BAD idea.

I'm getting the sense that your entire political philosophy is based upon what will maximize your enjoyment of strip clubs and not much else.

Not my ENTIRE philosophy, but it plays a role no doubt.

But come on, can you explain why this is a good idea considering the effect on strip clubs, which you support the right to exist?

You know... the fact that you only give out ones is just a sign of how f***ing cheap you are.

I sometimes give out 2 or 3 of them. All the bigger bills I use for lapdances. I'm quite generous when it comes to buying those. I'll probably even get one of those $200 ones at Choice when I get my $1700 tax return back.

(Left of the Dial is BRTD.)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »

Unfortunately, the alt-left of Michael Moore, Lyndon LaRouche, and Howard Zinn is more popular among the Democratic mainstream than most Republicans. That will likely mean that Maduro beats out Trump with Atlas's Democrats.
Let's not pretend Howard Zinn is an actual historian. He clearly had an extremely radical agenda, and the fact that people like Shadows and other staunch Sanders supporters keep quoting him is certainly comparable to the alt-right of Milo and Richard Spencer.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »

Unfortunately, the alt-left of Michael Moore, Lyndon LaRouche, and Howard Zinn is more popular among the Democratic mainstream than most Republicans. That will likely mean that Maduro beats out Trump with Atlas's Democrats.
Let's not pretend Howard Zinn is an actual historian. He clearly had an extremely radical agenda, and the fact that people like Shadows and other staunch Sanders supporters keep quoting him is certainly comparable to the alt-right of Milo and Richard Spencer.

Zinn is a legit historian.

Thank you for posting directly into the thread.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »

He's not good looking or charismatic, and I'm pretty sure he's dumb(as in, unable to speak).
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 03:02:01 AM »

I expected some hysterical responses to my post calling for the election of Moore along with some name calling. That is even though you do not knowing anything about me.  So I will let you know more about me than you probably want to know. This should possibly be posted on another thread, but I am posting here as I have been personally called names on this thread like confederate

I was born in 1944 in Michigan. I became active in the Republican Party in 1959.  I moved to Memphis, TN in 1975 and to the delta of Arkansas in 1978.  At that time the city I moved to  was 70% white and the fastest growing city in Arkansas.  It has not grown since then because of the Carter hyper inflation and dismal economy.  Also businesses were moving out of downtown Memphis on the river.  Businesses moved further east in Tennessee and South into Mississippi.  The Mississippi River is a barrier. Today my city is 65% black.

The demographic changes have caused the Methodist church I attend to suffer a significant decline in membership.  I am proposing to other members that our next pastor should be black.
I know that will cause some members to leave.  But I believe it is the only way forward.  I guess that makes me a confederate.

Since I became active in the Republican Party in 1959 I have supported the following candidates in the primaries Goldwater in 64, Nixon in 68, Ford in 76, Reagan in 80 after New Hampshire, Bush in 88 and 92, Alexander in 96, Bush in 00, McCain in 08 against our own former Governor Huckabee,  Romney in 12, and Rubio and then Kasich in 16.  I think that makes me pretty much a mainstream Republican.  

Be warned I am generally a yellow dog Republican.

Locally I am known as generally a “red Republican.” That is like a “red Tory” in Great Britain or Canada.  But I am not that “red.”  In Michigan I would be a moderate conservative. . I do love Atlas’ proper use of Party colors.

I was a never Trumper till after the the Indiana primary.  I decided then that after being subjected to the Clintons through two years of Bill as Attorney General of Arkansas, 12 years of Bill as Governor, 8 years of Bill as President, and 6 years of Hillary as Secretary of State I had had quite enough of the the Clintons.  I became a Never Hillaryer.  Every time my wife and I see Hillary on TV we are thankful we made that decision.

With respect to the Alabama Senate race I wish Brooks had won, though he is a foolish member of the Freedom Caucus.  I considered that Strange had made a dirty dirty deal.  I considered Moore a jerk.  

However due to the fact that both Parties have come to the point of being unable to work together and Jones is a left winger rather than a blue dog,  I will not give up any Senate or House seat without a fight.  If I see away for a another Republican to get on the ballot or that a right-in could win, I would switch my support.

I am late in posting this statement due to the fact my wife and I took the black director/pastor of the local Christian mission in the area to dinner at an iconic restaurant in our county.  More evidence I am a Confederate.

I will never post anything this long again on a single non individual topic thread. It is just to give you some knowledge of me.

No one ever really says “my white pastor”. Isn’t that interesting?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »

I'm like 99% sure Greedo isn't actually a teenager and is just trolling you all.

I'm 99 percent sure he isn't actually a teenager, but I don't think he's trolling.
I’m definitely 16 especially since I was born in 2001.

WHAT IF HE WAS BORN ON DECEMBER 1 2001 THEN HE'D ONLY BE 15 INSTEAD OF 16 THINK ABOUT IT

WELL BASICALLY THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »

How many people have fond memories of the booming "Ford recovery"? They were living through the worst economy since the Depression, and conditions would remain poor for much of the next decade, until sustained GDP growth resumed in the years following the Reagan recovery.
1. Appeal to the credibility of the recollection of the masses.

No, nobody mentions that Ford’s entire campaign was that he’d created millions of jobs; that he’d reduced inflation from 12% to 5%, unemployment from 10% to 6%, turned a -1% GDP growth into a 5.5% GDP growth; that goes against the prevailing dichotomy of the entire 1970s as a failed decade, to have a brief recovery period. He did this by reducing taxes and raising spending during a time of great economic crisis, and managed to do so thanks to a bipartisan Congressional effort.

Those numbers are better than even Reagan’s or Clinton’s. Ford was defeated because a humble Baptist peanut farmer was seen as better than four more years of any Republican.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 09:03:49 AM »

You know what they say about jokes: If you need to explain it, especially with a paragraph filled with numbers and phrases like "prevailing dichotomy," then it must be really funny.
Thanks bud.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 07:55:27 PM »

Latino and Black men who are not paying their child support, would think twice about birth control.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 05:10:44 PM »

What are you talking about? They don't let you write NYT columns if you're actually capable of predicting political trends.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2020, 04:29:07 PM »

This is kind of stupid, but right now I am imagining hypothetical-S019 entering a debate about abortion and saying "hrumph if we just banned sex, there would never be abortions again"

Or, you know we stop pandering to the right on every single social issue in existence. The southern deplorables can cry all they want that we both made the nation safer and allowed women the same freedom to make healthcare decisions as men have. Their sexism and reactionary views should not be holding us back from progress.
You telling me trans men have easier times getting abortions than cis women?
Also wish I could make a healthcare decision
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 06:24:45 PM »

Yes, our dreams can be premonitions about the future, due to fact space and time and the future are different once you get outside our atmosphere and get into space itself.

That's why Reincarnation is believable now, we can come back in another form

What a load of BS.

Don't you dare speak to OC like that! He's trying to share his deep wisdom with you and this is how you respond, SMH.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies