Bill O’Reilly Says We Don’t Have A Free Press Because It’s Too Liberal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:47:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill O’Reilly Says We Don’t Have A Free Press Because It’s Too Liberal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bill O’Reilly Says We Don’t Have A Free Press Because It’s Too Liberal  (Read 1683 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2017, 10:15:46 AM »

Bill O'Reilly is a mentally defunct human flotsam who spouts whatever the Trump line is on Fox News and Stormfront. This applies to Sean Hannity too.  He's merely one of the goons.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »

We can always bring back the Fairness Doctrine.

Yeah, but then oafs like Bill O'Reilly would s--t their pants when the oppressive government is shutting down their freedom of speech.

It appears that is what they want.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »

Who on Fox News is liberal other than that obnoxious fat guy who faces off against 4 conservatives on one of their fair and balanced talk shows?

Juan Williams, Shepard Smith, Greta van Susteren (she has left, I understand), Geraldo Rivera (even if he says he is a Republican).  Plus, Tucker Carlson brings on a bunch of left-wing guests to debate them.

Juan Williams is scared of Muslims and both of his sons are Republican campaign operatives.

GVS is now on MSNBC (Much to the chagrin of my grandmother)

Geraldo, as you say, says he's a Republican and I fully believe him.

Tucker Carlson brings liberals on to yell at them and blindside them by not letting them prep for the "debate"

Who on Fox News is liberal other than that obnoxious fat guy who faces off against 4 conservatives on one of their fair and balanced talk shows?
Dennis Kucinich, Alan Colmes (on radio), Shep Smith, Chris Wallace and Juan Williams, among others.

Kucinich and Colmes are treated as "token liberals" who are mainly there to look weak/stupid.

Smith might be a Democrat, but most of his coverage is by-the-numbers and has no sign of bias one way or the other.

Chris Wallace is a conservative, just a more mild mannered one. 

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »

i respected papa bear in the past....

at times he was a nice antagonist for jon stewart.....great chemistry and at least some honesty.

he can't adapt to the times and also a personal friend to the president.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »

Juan Williams, Shepard Smith, Greta van Susteren (she has left, I understand), Geraldo Rivera (even if he says he is a Republican).  Plus, Tucker Carlson brings on a bunch of left-wing guests to debate them.

Juan Williams is scared of Muslims and both of his sons are Republican campaign operatives.

GVS is now on MSNBC (Much to the chagrin of my grandmother)

Geraldo, as you say, says he's a Republican and I fully believe him.

Tucker Carlson brings liberals on to yell at them and blindside them by not letting them prep for the "debate"

Dennis Kucinich, Alan Colmes (on radio), Shep Smith, Chris Wallace and Juan Williams, among others.

Kucinich and Colmes are treated as "token liberals" who are mainly there to look weak/stupid.

Smith might be a Democrat, but most of his coverage is by-the-numbers and has no sign of bias one way or the other.

Chris Wallace is a conservative, just a more mild mannered one. 

I love how Al Franken labeled the show HANITY & colmes
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »

more important, wallace is a real journalist.

even more so than kelly - i loved kelly for her shtick but baier and even more wallace are even less entertain-y.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 03:15:54 PM by Ronnie »

Juan Williams, Shepard Smith, Greta van Susteren (she has left, I understand), Geraldo Rivera (even if he says he is a Republican).  Plus, Tucker Carlson brings on a bunch of left-wing guests to debate them.

I don't remember ever seeing Tucker Carlson having an honest debate with anyone.  Rather, he takes the Fox modus operandi of obnoxiously berating and assassinating the character of liberal guests, and heightens it to an exaggerated degree.
elcorazon

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:47 PM »

lol
Kucinich is a nut. Wallace is right of center. Juan is pretty centrist and Colmes is ineffectual. If that's your list you're proving point that Fox is not fair and balanced.

MSNBC has more conservatives on than that (Scarborough, Van Susteren, Nicole Wallace, Kristol)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 03:20:10 PM »

plz, don't put tucker carlson on the same level as even o'reilly.

o'reilly guests only get shout down but can more or less state their case.

tucker carlson invites people just to shame and blame them in a clever way and gets angry as hell if they are able to fight back. (see the teen vogue lady)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »

In other news, Bill O'Reilly has always been a moron.

tide comes in, tide goes out

YOOOOOOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2017, 08:56:52 PM »

Germany has only two fully-fledged 24-hour news channels in the mold of CNN etc. Those two channels are n-tv and N24.

[...]

I would criticize both channels for being fairly low-brow though. This is marked by their excessive use of more or less trashy pseudo-documentary infotainment to fill up their programming.

For instance, both are often mocked for being "the Hitler channels" due their frequent re-runs of documentaries about Hitler's mental state, Hitler's sex life, Hitler's childhood, and Hitler's pets.

So in other words, they're the German version of the History Channel. 😝
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »

The question I always ask of conservatives who make this claim:

Why hasn't the free market "solved" this problem?

If people demand more conservative media, why isn't there more of it?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies