Marine Le Pen refuses to wear headscarf for meeting with Lebanon's Grand Mufti (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:00:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Marine Le Pen refuses to wear headscarf for meeting with Lebanon's Grand Mufti (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marine Le Pen refuses to wear headscarf for meeting with Lebanon's Grand Mufti  (Read 1781 times)
Hifly
hifly15

« on: February 21, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

Reminds me of the German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen, who visited Saudi-Arabia in December and was asked to wear a headscarf when meeting with the Saudi men.

After which she replied: "I will certainly not wear a headscarf plus I'll choose my own clothing."

https://www.welt.de/icon/article160241319/Ich-setze-mir-kein-Kopftuch-auf-und-trage-Hosen.html

Stunt.

Should women be allowed to wear what they want?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:50:05 PM »

Reminds me of the German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen, who visited Saudi-Arabia in December and was asked to wear a headscarf when meeting with the Saudi men.

After which she replied: "I will certainly not wear a headscarf plus I'll choose my own clothing."

https://www.welt.de/icon/article160241319/Ich-setze-mir-kein-Kopftuch-auf-und-trage-Hosen.html

Stunt.

This isn't the issue here.

Contrary to what Tender wrote above, von der Leyen was in fact *not* asked to wear a headscarve by the Saudis. However, she did gave an interview saying: ""I will certainly not wear a headscarf plus I'll choose my own clothing."

Also what CrabCake said.

Should women be allowed to wear what they choose in the presence of foreign dignitaries?
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »

Stunt.

This isn't the issue here.

Contrary to what Tender wrote above, von der Leyen was in fact *not* asked to wear a headscarve by the Saudis. However, she did gave an interview saying: ""I will certainly not wear a headscarf plus I'll choose my own clothing."

Also what CrabCake said.

Should women be allowed to wear what they choose in the presence of foreign dignitaries?

Nice try. Now take your strawman elsewhere, please.

I'll take that as a no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies