Did you *really* just delete an entire page of incriminating evidence, DFW...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:10:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Did you *really* just delete an entire page of incriminating evidence, DFW...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Did you *really* just delete an entire page of incriminating evidence, DFW...  (Read 1702 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »

...and then lock the second thread you created when I started to reply a half-hour later because you are creepily refreshing the Who's Online function every 5 seconds to see what I am doing?

(Long story short: I remarked how DFW's plans for massive expansion of the national security apparatus directly contradicts select PMs he sent to liberty-loving voters during the campaign, at which point, DFW deleted approximately 27 posts' worth of allegations to hide his wrong-doing - I'm obviously no longer on my A-game or else I would have been screencapping it as it unfolded)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:35:56 PM »

As someone who received a PM from him, I can confirm that President Griffin's allegations are true.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »

Is there any way to restore the lost posts? Contact a mod, perhaps?
I think this is technically possible but seriously, I think Dave has other more important things to do.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »

If this is true, it is highly disappointing. I thought dfw was better than this.

Though, I can't say for certain whether these disturbing allegations are true. The most I can say is that I noticed dfw had a new transition thread up this morning and the old one was nowhere to be found. the new thread said:

OK, since a former party leader decided to troll the old thread, let's try this again Cheesy

I'd hardly call what Adam says he did "trolling" if that is what he is talking about here.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »

Hmmmm...

I'm starting to question one's temperance... Tongue
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »

We can't dismiss these allegations out of hand as "trolling".
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »

Need more evidence, but this is at the very least problematic.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 08:15:13 PM »

Honestly, I wouldn't call myself as worried by his campaign, as it's not truly below other recent political campaigns. What worries me is him silencing disagreement by deleting the relevant posts that accused him. If he's willing to do that just because someone pointed out he was going against his campaign promises, the question becomes the matter of what else he is willing to do.

By the way, I did indeed get a campaign PM from him that seems to contradict his actions.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »

Kick in the butt, isn't it?
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 08:50:51 PM »

Is this an auto-coup?
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »

No, it actually is not.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:30 PM »

Considering things that Adam has marked Deeply DisturbingTM in the past, I would wager that this is a big fat load of nothing.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 09:21:53 PM »

This is stupid, you have no proof. You're just pulling stuff out of nowhere.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 09:29:05 PM »

If this evidence is so incriminating, I think we would have noticed a full page of it accumulating before it was deleted. I'm calling the bluff here.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 09:59:50 PM »

FWIW, here's a screencap of a PM I was sent by President DFWLibertyLover. Notice specifically where he mentions that he "[...]believes in a drawn back foreign policy[...]", which contradicts his actions that he has taken so far. Take of this what you will.

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »

Was anything illegal done? Is anyone actually being accused of something?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »

Nothing aside from going back on campaign promises then deleting evidence that they did.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 10:15:33 PM »

Griffin smearing an Atlasian of the center-right with incredibly convenient timing and more than evident opportunism? I am shocked, shocked, I tell you!

Quite frankly, I cannot see what promises have actually been broken, unless Griffin is suggesting because the National Security Council is being reformed the President-Elect has turned into Dick Cheney or that, because of being appointed NSA I will advise the President-Elect to invade Cuba (hint: I won't, unlike someone on this thread who once advocated to turn Iraq into a living hell).
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »

Like I said, I'm not worried about dfwlibertylover's political opinions. I'm more worried about the fact that he deleted dissent towards him.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 10:46:56 PM »

Like I said, I'm not worried about dfwlibertylover's political opinions. I'm more worried about the fact that he deleted dissent towards him.

I assume it has more to cleaning up a derailed thread than suppressing dissent. I'm not sure if I would have made the same choice, but it's hardly anything to freak out over.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 12:00:21 AM »

FWIW, here's a screencap of a PM I was sent by President DFWLibertyLover. Notice specifically where he mentions that he "[...]believes in a drawn back foreign policy[...]", which contradicts his actions that he has taken so far. Take of this what you will.

Excuse me, but how is changing the format of the NSC relevant to my foreign policy at all? I made a speech promising a drawn back foreign policy and pmed literally almost every single voter in Atlasia about my plans for a drawn back foreign policy. I have not even announced my foreign policy renegotiation agenda yet, can you people please have some patience for once, it has been 2 days.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 12:13:46 AM »

Adam Griffin is purposefully conflating game mechanics with game policy to make a claim that is blatantly false.

The NSC was created by Blair and was supported by both of us. I appointed a balanced set of advisers to it. Dfw is appointing a balanced set of advisers to it. DFW is changing the structure to have votes instead of just posting ideas and renaming the NSC Chair to a different title. other than that it is the same thing started by a Labor President, continued by me. I ran on Foreign Policy Restraint and realism, but I still listened to Blair and others whom I disagreed with. That is the point of having good counsel.

What has happened here is Griffin hates Lumines guts, and therefore anything Lumine touches, Griffin goes ape bonkers over it.

The thread was getting way off track, people insulted and PMs posted and the President-elect has the right to a transition thread not cluttered by a flame war. Perhaps locking it would have been a better course, maybe not.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 12:20:31 AM by Old School Republican »

DFW, a group called the Coolidge Group has formed to be a grassroots wing in the Federalist Party which's goal is to promote a limited government agenda and will hold federalist politicians accountable for their promises. Since you promised to cut taxes, and cut regulations this group will try to hold you accountable to those promises , so you better not abandon the promises you made on the campaign trail once you take office .
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

DFW, a group called the Coolidge Group has formed to be a grassroots wing in the Federalist Party which's goal is to promote a limited government agenda and will hold federalist politicians accountable for their promises. Since you promised to cut taxes, and cut regulations this group will try to hold you accountable to those promises , so you better not abandon the promises you made on the campaign trail once you take office .

DFW will move to keep all promises to the best of his ability. However, one must note that we do not have full control of the Congress and therefore any successes will have to be compromises with distinguished Independent Senator Siren, or the Laborites or both to get through.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »

Adam Griffin is a bully, he has bullied many people either out of the game or into submission, I do not have to have a bully on my campaign thread, I am entitled to that much.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies