Breitbart: Riots erupt in Sweden's capital just days after Trump comments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Breitbart: Riots erupt in Sweden's capital just days after Trump comments
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breitbart: Riots erupt in Sweden's capital just days after Trump comments  (Read 1602 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:28:39 AM »

It's actually the Washington Post:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/21/riots-erupt-in-swedens-capital-just-days-after-trump-comments/?utm_term=.07c28da048dc

Somewhere in the corner of a dark room, there is an Alt-Righter with a button that enables him to generate a 'riot' anywhere in the world.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:02:31 AM »

Somewhere in the corner of a dark room, there is an Alt-Righter with a button that enables him to generate a 'riot' anywhere in the world.

It's called "meme magic", bro.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:40:08 AM »

The police firing with intention to hit is pretty unusual in Sweden but these types of incidents with gangs threatening and attacking police in immigrant areas happens fairly often.

Trump's a buffoon obviously, but there are certainly issues with immigration and integration in Sweden.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:14:51 PM »

Plus, it was announced today that Sweden's population increased by 144.000 people last year (+1.5%) - the biggest increase since 1861.

http://www.scb.se/en/finding-statistics/statistics-by-subject-area/population/population-composition/population-statistics/pong/statistical-news/population-and-population-changes-in-sweden-2016

23% of Sweden is now foreign-born (= population with a migration background):

http://www.scb.se/en/finding-statistics/statistics-by-subject-area/population/population-composition/population-statistics/pong/tables-and-graphs/yearly-statistics--the-whole-country/summary-of-population-statistics

For Austria, this number is 25%.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:11:26 PM »

Legitimately interesting in hearing a SJW justification for this crap.

People came to Sweden in the last 5 years. Given free housing, free services. Don't get jobs. Their neighborhoods are entirely made of their own people.

What possible justification do they have for rioting?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 01:27:35 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2017, 01:30:11 PM by Simfan34 »

Legitimately interesting in hearing a SJW justification for this crap.

People came to Sweden in the last 5 years. Given free housing, free services. Don't get jobs. Their neighborhoods are entirely made of their own people.

What possible justification do they have for rioting?

All there is denialism and "contextualization". Trump had no business, as a head of state talking about a friendly country, saying what he did (e.g. we wouldn't like it if European leaders starting talking about "police brutality" in the US), but he's not terribly wrong-- the situation in Sweden is near shambolic. They admitted as much when the government reversed course in 2015.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 10:16:08 PM »

Sweden is in big, big trouble.  It was shameful the way the left tried to deny it this week and attack the messenger.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 11:26:11 AM »

I know it's not a particularly popular idea among the Swedish establishment, but any immigrant who violates the law (save for minor ones like parking and traffick violations, etc) and can be safely deported to their home country should be. No one's entitled to live in Sweden. The Swedes have been incredibly generous and helpful to refugees and immigrants, although there have been obvious struggles with integration that often go both ways, but there's no reason in such a tolerant society people don't follow the old rule: when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 02:13:45 PM »

I know it's not a particularly popular idea among the Swedish establishment, but any immigrant who violates the law (save for minor ones like parking and traffick violations, etc) and can be safely deported to their home country should be. No one's entitled to live in Sweden. The Swedes have been incredibly generous and helpful to refugees and immigrants, although there have been obvious struggles with integration that often go both ways, but there's no reason in such a tolerant society people don't follow the old rule: when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

That would be a step in the right direction and I am pleased to see you suggest it, but it may be too little too late. The Swedes have taken in far too many migrants and failed to establish proper standards for conduct. This is a band-aid on what has become a gaping, gangrenous wound. Besides, as you allude to it is unlikely to be implemented anyway. I don't really know what can be done up there.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

Wouldn't this count as a remarkably peaceful night in Baltimore?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »

Of course it's in Rinkeby. Rinkeby and Rosengården are pretty much the two places this kind of sh**t always happen in Sweden. Of course the Swedes have been smart with Rinkeby, it's geographic isolated so when this kind of sh**t happens it doesn't effect the Swedish Gutmenschen. Rosengaard on the other hand are placed in the middle of Malmö. Which are why it's no surprise the SD does better in Malmö.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »

Oh cool you know Duncan too?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 06:54:14 PM »

I note tumbleweed in response to this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »

There aren't riots every night in Baltimore. The crickets you hear are in response to another attempt at whataboutery.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »

There aren't riots every night in Baltimore. The crickets you hear are in response to another attempt at whataboutery.

Please tell me this is ironic? Trump's tweet, what started this discussion, was whataboutery...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 12:59:05 AM »

I'm pretty sure that a few murders, a dozen stabbings and tens of physical assaults are vastly less peaceful than some kids committing vandalism...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 12:29:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure that a few murders, a dozen stabbings and tens of physical assaults are vastly less peaceful than some kids committing vandalism...

Exactly. The insistence of certain right-wing Americans that it is the great cities of other Western countries that are horrifying violent dystopias, sharply divided on ethnic lines and featuring may genuine No Go Zones is um... interesting.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

Exactly. The insistence of certain right-wing Americans that it is the great cities of other Western countries that are horrifying violent dystopias, sharply divided on ethnic lines and featuring may genuine No Go Zones is um... interesting.

Uhhh.. I don't think Donald Trump, or any other right wing American has been shy to talk about the dangerous and violent situations in America's inner cities.  In fact he is criticized for doing so. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »

Is there a major urban city in the world in which any of those things aren't a problem? I got mugged at gun point right here in Tallahassee and this is literally God's Country. And burning down stores owned by "the man" aren't "petty acts of vandalism."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies