Anti-Vaccine Parents Feel Empowered by Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:00:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-Vaccine Parents Feel Empowered by Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If you knew your school allowed kids with anti-vaccine parents to attend, would you go there?
Republican: Yes

Republican: No

Democrat: Yes

Democrat: No

independent/third party: Yes

independent/third party: No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Anti-Vaccine Parents Feel Empowered by Donald Trump  (Read 768 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »

Would you knowingly attend a school that had unvaccinated kids, or if you are a working adult, would you allow your children to attend it? 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WashPost
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:47:48 PM »

Of course, morons who made the unfortunate mistake of reproduction are taking their cue from the moron-in-chief. "Personal beliefs" = / = your right to cause a mass pandemic because you're dumber than a bag of rocks and the design error sex is that it's too easy to do.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 05:06:18 PM »

Thankfully I live in an enlightened progressive state where students must be vaccinated to attend public or private schools, no "religious" or "philosophical" exceptions whatsoever.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

People who refuse to vaccinate their children are putting the public health at risk and should be treated accordingly.

If you don't vaccinate your kids, you shouldn't get to send your kids to a public school.  You should be paying substantially increased health insurance premiums.

Raising the likelihood of a disease outbreak is not your "right".  It is, however, a selfish indulgence of the misinformed.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 05:09:16 PM »

Vaccination is a net good for society. I will say, I don't understand how so many lefties here can support a ban on parents choosing which public schools their children attend because it undermines community schools, but then vote in this poll that theyd support school choice to avoid "those people". Especially when "those people" dont stop you from vaccinating your kid first. If my kid has been vaccinated against the measels should I really fear for her safety in public school because some other kid who wasnt so lucky is hypothetically allowed in rather than being denied an education?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »

Vaccination is a net good for society. I will say, I don't understand how so many lefties here can support a ban on parents choosing which public schools their children attend because it undermines community schools, but then vote in this poll that theyd support school choice to avoid "those people". Especially when "those people" dont stop you from vaccinating your kid first. If my kid has been vaccinated against the measels should I really fear for her safety in public school because some other kid who wasnt so lucky is hypothetically allowed in rather than being denied an education?

Because a very small percentage of people are allergic to the vaccines and just have to take their chances. Those unlucky people should not have their lives put at risk because some gullible alt-right armchair scientist is too stupid to realize that anti-vaccine hysteria is a hoax.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:18:17 PM »

For those who do not want to vaccinate their children, they can choose private school, although there are probably strict rules about vaccinations in private schools as well.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 05:26:58 PM »

Because a very small percentage of people are allergic to the vaccines and just have to take their chances. Those unlucky people should not have their lives put at risk because some gullible alt-right armchair scientist is too stupid to realize that anti-vaccine hysteria is a hoax.

Yes.  Some people are allergic to vaccines and some get Guillaume barre syndrome. Very few but that is exactly why not everyone should be forced to be vaccinated. Plus a lot of left wing armchair scientists in Oregon and California aboid them too. This isn't really a partisan issue its an autonomy issue.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 05:55:27 PM »

Would you knowingly attend a school that had unvaccinated kids, or if you are a working adult, would you allow your children to attend it? 

yes.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »

It's pretty telling these people would apparently rather potentially kill their kids through neglect than have the stigma of metal disorder ruin their little bubble. I'm increasingly convinced the sociopathy rate is vastly underestimated throughout the world.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 06:16:06 PM »

Yes, but I wouldn't be happy about it, and I'd make my unhappiness well-known. Also, if my child had a condition that precluded them from getting vaccines themself, than definitely not.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »

There's not actually much of a partisan tinge to the matter (although perhaps that will change with Trump). Anti-vaccine hysteria has defied typical ideological divisions and is a bipartisan delusion for the minority who peddle it.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 07:14:34 PM »

People who refuse to vaccinate their children because they think it causes autism are freaking awful. There, I said it.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »

Yay under trump we can neglect our children even more...
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »

Anti-vaxxers are awful. My in-laws are anti-vaxxers. My husband got his vaccines as soon as he turned 18 and moved away. I think almost all his siblings have gotten their vaccines now, too, other than the one still living at home. Their parents were anti-vax before the autism news, but that only fed their fears and gave them more ammunition. It makes me so angry, and if/when my husband and I have children, I will gladly proclaim their vaccination dates.

That said, I would still allow my children to attend with non-vaccinated students. It's not the children's fault, and there are always people who can't for legitimate medical reasons. I think by the time I am a parent, things will have swung back around and this weirdo anti-vax bubble will have popped.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

It's pretty telling these people would apparently rather potentially kill their kids through neglect than have the stigma of metal disorder ruin their little bubble. I'm increasingly convinced the sociopathy rate is vastly underestimated throughout the world.

Unfortunately, you don't need to be mentally ill to hate disabled people.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 07:47:35 PM »

If my kid has been vaccinated against the measels should I really fear for her safety in public school because some other kid who wasnt so lucky is hypothetically allowed in rather than being denied an education?
Yes. Vaccines are not 100% effective. The success of vaccination lies with the fact that even with only 90% effectiveness it can break the chain of transmission.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies