Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:32:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread  (Read 28812 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« on: February 22, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »

Isn't he the one who got elected basically on a platform of "Eric Cantor is aloof and doesn't spend enough time talking to his constituents"?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:30:46 PM »

Lol. I love it - and I'm probably much closer to generic Bernie candidate than Joe Manchin.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »

Interesting.  Democrats hosted another "empty chair" town hall this morning, this time protesting Dianne Feinstein:

https://twitter.com/Indivisible510/status/835915157637218304

It's the first time so far I've seen protestors attempting to pressure a centrist Democrat to heed their concerns.  This movement may be adopting the contours of the tea party, in the sense of trying to compel representatives to tow more closely to protestors' ideological agenda, by threatening to support primary challengers if they do not comply.

I saw a Facebook post that they were doing one of these for Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell, but I think it kind of fell flat since they scheduled it to happen during the DNC vote, so nobody really blamed them for not being there.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »

Well I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I used the eleventy billion dollar checks Deep State sent me through their ACLU front group to build a 50-foot tall tower out of ivory so that I could stand on the roof and tolerantly look down on all those suckers who work for a living.  But I only make fun of the white ones!  I don't see color Smiley  

I think I'll use the check I get for protesting Trumpcare in Chaffetz's district tomorrow to buy a bunch of Mexican flags and tell the students in the upper-level college course I teach (Hist #666) at The Atheist Institute for Islamic Studies to pledge allegiance to Mexico by each burning a bible in order to enrich their understanding of the joys of living what we NYT guest columnists like to call "the unpatriotic life."  Even before the checks, I'd already been living high on the hog after receiving tenure for publishing pretentious coffee table books.  If you haven't already, I'd advise purchasing a few to keep on display during cocktail parties next to your Secretly Conservative Black Friend™  

Perhaps you've even heard of some of my most celebrated works such as Confessions of a Self-Hating White Man: My Dream of a Post-White America, Blame America First: A Francophile's Answer to Patriotism, Girl Power: Putting Men in the Kitchen Where We Belong, Re$i$tance i$ Futile: The Ca$e for One Global Government, Self-Deportation: A Final Solution to the Appalachian Problem,  Take Their Money and Run: The Enlightened Liberal's Guide to Wealth Redistribution, and Don't Audit the Fed: If You Have to Ask, It's Because You Don't Need to Know.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to drive around in a limousine for an hour and pretend to care about poor people.  Of course, I don't actually drive myself anywhere; like any good liberal, I hired an illegal immigrant to do that for me.  How else am I supposed to sip my latte and eat tofu while listening to an audiobook of The Communist Manifesto when I'm on my way to a wedding between an 18 year old quad-gender polygamist and a humanoid entity self-identifying as a transgender female giraffe.  I have to pick up the wedding cake from an evangelical bakery! Smiley Smiley

Indeed. I'd really love some directions of how I go about getting paid for my protests. Are there ads on Craigslist or something?
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 11:35:46 PM »

Did anyone watch Flake's town hall? It was brutal.

What happened?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies