Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:58:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread  (Read 28817 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 21, 2017, 08:27:15 PM »

You mean the "so called angry crowds" https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/834181712783560705?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:43:49 AM »

I'm sorry but allow me to be a little bitter an say we're the f**k were all these people in November >(
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:16:15 AM »

Joe Barton tells a audience member to "shut up" https://www.google.com/amp/www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-joe-barton-tells-constituent-to-shut-up-in-heated-town-hall/amp/
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »

When these lefty rentamob types talk about "hoping to have a chance to express their concerns" what they mean is that instead of asking questions to hear what his answer would be they wanted to take up as much time as they ranting at and hectoring him.  Now the Congressman is a big boy and he has to expect to put up with a certain amount of that as part of his job.

Calling all the people who show up and get angry/ask tough questions fake/rented/whatever isn't really accurate. I'm sure lots of activists do troll around, but if you think people aren't worried about the healthcare debate, among other things, you're kidding yourself. Not everyone is cool with the conservative/Trump agenda.

However he also has to have consideration for constituents of his who have come to hear what he has to say on a variety of issues and not have to put up with spending half the time there not hearing what he has to say but listening to hectoring predicable rants from assorted lefties wanting to speak their brains to a captive audience. Trott was perfectly correct to keep these people from disrupting the meeting.

The point of this was to question whether he was actually doing what you just said. You're deferring completely to Trott, as if everything he did was genuine and ok. Activists going there to disrupt may be wrong, but so is having a Town Hall where the only people there are people you hand picked to throw you softball questions in an attempt to make it look like you had a calm, meaningful town hall, when in reality all you did was stage a mock TH.

I'm not sure that's exactly what Trott did, but he did seem to heavily manage this. To act like he was hearing the real concerns of all his constituents here is probably a stretch.

So checking a list and only allowing in actual registered voters from his district is somehow a bad thing?  I'm glad the paid protesters were left out in the cold.

They let in this deranged loon in the pussy hat.  The audience got to listen to her insane screaming through the whole event.  She has never voted for him and never will. 

Yeah letting a deranged loon in a funny hat heckle a politician they didn't vote for at a town hall sucks..........I'll give you 3 tries to figure out what I'm alluding too
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:07:54 AM »

I'll grant you that most of these protestors will not be paid to be their. Those organising and directing the protests will be paid of course but most of the rest will be the kind of people who engage in this kind of anti-social 'activism' for a hobby.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I notice that those who engage in this kind of behaviour will frequently claim to be the voice of 'the people'. They are not, they represent themselves. The purpose of a townhall meeting is to allow constituents who want to learn his views on various issues to ask him questions, express their concerns and to hear what he has to say in response. The purpose is not to allow organised groups of far left activists to disrupt and hijack the event and turn it in to their own event.

Other people don't show up to these events so they can spend their time listening to loudmouth leftists rant and speak their brainz. If they had wanted to do that they could have just stayed at home and watched TV. As I said the Congressman is a big boy and part of his job is putting up with being heckled by these kind of people. However he has a responsibility to the majority of his constituents not to allow this kind of people wreck his townhalls for everybody else.

I love how the right hates free speech. Sad! Triggered People!
Freedom of speech is fundamentally about the freedom to listen. Left wing activists have the freedom to speak and to give others the opportunity to chose to listen to what they have to say. However freedom of speech doesn't mean that others are obliged to listen to what you have to say. Many may chose to listen to what someone else has to say instead.

That isn't good enough for these left wing 'activists'. It isn't enough that they have plenty of platforms that give people the opportunity to listen to them if they want to. Because that means that many millions of people will chose to ignore what they have to say and go listen to what someone else, for example a Republican Congressman, has to say instead. These foaming at the mouth 'activists'  hate this, which is why they like to do things like this, shouting their opponents down and forcing an unwilling audience to listen to what is on their brainz rather than listen to the speaker they chose to listen to.

It is this that lies at the heart of these far leftist's hatred of free speech.
Again I love how you hypocrites are ripping on liberal activists while describing exactly how the TEA party acted
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »

Just so we are clear the tea party people are getting on protestors for organzing ahead of time to make noise at town halls. If irony were strawberries we'd be all drinking smoothies right now
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »

Doug LaMalfa of California 1st district walked off the stage after being booed http://www.mediaite.com/online/the-immaturity-is-astounding-gop-rep-walks-off-town-hall-stage-as-constituents-rage/
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »

Perez BTFO:

New DNC Chair Tom Perez Booed At Reboot Tour

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/17/new-dnc-chair-tom-perez-booed-at-dnc-reboot-tour/#ixzz4ecZTNDeL
I f**king hate Bernie fans sometimes an I say this as a Bernie fan
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »

I do think that unabashed, undiluted leftism might be the antidote to Trumpism, but progressives and so-called "corporate" types will just need to learn to coexist for the time being, since neither is going anywhere.  Incessant infighting on fairly trivial things like the DNC chair (who is pretty damn progressive in his own right) only empowers the opposition when we really can't afford to do such a thing.  Primary challenges are good, but the left needs to rally around whoever the Dems nominate in races up and down the ballot.
THANK YOU
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 07:06:46 AM »

I do think that unabashed, undiluted leftism might be the antidote to Trumpism, but progressives and so-called "corporate" types will just need to learn to coexist for the time being, since neither is going anywhere.  Incessant infighting on fairly trivial things like the DNC chair (who is pretty damn progressive in his own right) only empowers the opposition when we really can't afford to do such a thing.  Primary challenges are good, but the left needs to rally around whoever the Dems nominate in races up and down the ballot.
THANK YOU

This is where I get hung up. If Ellison and Perez are both progressive, then why did Obama want Perez to run in the first place?

And didn't he say whe wouldn't get rid of corporate donatikns as long as the Republicans have them? That doesn't seem very progressive. Not to mention his support of TPP, which is not progressive.
Because Obama wanted a friend so he could play a bigger role in shaping the party
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »

Just when you think the bar can't get any lower, Rep. Tom Garrett said this at a town hall:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/332715-gop-rep-trump-small-potatoes-compared-to-nazi-germany

Oh good grief
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 07:35:02 PM »

Epic rant by constituent against Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ). Yes, the same Tom who created the infamous MacArthur Amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TDkgIEn5Ac
............damn son
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »

Darrell Issa is on the roof of his office building, hiding from a mob of protestors outside the doors.

Lol what a cuck
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies