Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:26:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread  (Read 28833 times)
The Arizonan
United States

« on: March 14, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »

How did the constituent know about Jackie Speier? She's somewhat obscure.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »

When I went to a Bobby Scott town hall a few years ago, they didn't even check any of my IDs.

What happens if you are stationed or going to college in Ryan Costello's district but you don't actually live there? Do they make you leave?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »

I went to a town hall in Scottsdale held by my congressman David Schweikert in which he discussed healthcare and it was underwhelming except for the one heckler who kept asking him questions.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:19:56 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2017, 01:21:52 AM by The Arizonan »

I went to a town hall in Scottsdale held by my congressman David Schweikert in which he discussed healthcare and it was underwhelming except for the one heckler who kept asking him questions.

Bravo for Schweikert for holding a town hall meeting.  NY-2 Congressman Peter King refuses to hold one and when protesters appeared outside his home he whined on Facebook about it.  Like a b****.

Is Peter King the Islamophobic congressman from Long Island?

Congressman Trent Franks from Glendale, AZ is also holding one in July and I intend on showing up.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »

How really 'libertarian' is Schweikert compared to Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash who are the libertarian inclined members of Congress I notice most often?

He was on NPR after the Scalise shooting saying he was originally scheduled to be there but slept in.

He identified as conservative libertarian - but I looked at his record and I don't see him really standing out on this like those three do or even Mike Lee from Utah who I'd say is less libertarian inclined than those 3.

Amash chairs the House Liberty Caucus but aside from Massie and maybe Brat I don't see a lot of liberty bonafides from many of the others except in isolation and they seem identical to the Freedom Caucus.

What are your thoughts on Schweikert and his libertarian claims?

I honestly don't know too much about Schweikert, but I don't think he's a real libertarian.

As of now, I'm vacationing in Washington, D.C. before I go back to Phoenix. Yesterday, I went into his office just to get a green pass into the House Gallery inside the Capitol. A few minutes after walking into his office, he walked in and I got to shake his hand.

On another note, I got to see the Democratic senators give a speech on the steps outside in front of the Senate chamber in person. I've never seen so many senators in real life.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:19:10 AM »

Recently, I went to a town hall/BBQ held by congressman Trent Franks at the First Methodist Church in Glendale, Arizona. There weren't any protestors there and it was primarily Republicans attending the event. I was probably the closest thing to a protestor there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies