what is the lowest hourly wage for which youd work? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:19:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  what is the lowest hourly wage for which youd work? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what is the lowest hourly wage for which youd work?  (Read 2900 times)
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 26, 2005, 01:44:57 PM »

I'm currently working for $5.50 an hour --- granted, I get tips and bring home a good deal of cash every night Tongue

After graduation, I wouldn't work for less than $15/hr (unless the situation called for it) to start out, and hopefully make my way up the ladder depending on what career path I choose.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 03:10:06 PM »

It depends on the situation.  If I'm down and out, I'd work for free provided the people give me food and shelter.  Otherwise, after I graduate?  I won't consider offers under $100K.

YOu'll have to pay for my jaw surgery after this.
Two of my friends started, out of university, with $220K and $250K respectively.  One in Dubai, and one in the United States.  They're both actuaries.  I'm now rather agitated.  I'm very competitive and I'll be rather annoyed if I don't start up there. :/

What field are you going into, Rich?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 03:31:44 PM »

I don't intend to work during high school or possibly even college.  I'll make up to 10 times more once I get my degree.  There's no point in getting a little money while messing up my academics.

Ah, so you are going to spend college homeless and starving.
How else? Cheesy

I suppose one could take the route of living at home and being fat, but that's no fun.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 10:12:58 PM »

It depends on the situation.  If I'm down and out, I'd work for free provided the people give me food and shelter.  Otherwise, after I graduate?  I won't consider offers under $100K.

YOu'll have to pay for my jaw surgery after this.
Two of my friends started, out of university, with $220K and $250K respectively.  One in Dubai, and one in the United States.  They're both actuaries.  I'm now rather agitated.  I'm very competitive and I'll be rather annoyed if I don't start up there. :/

What field are you going into, Rich?

Actuary

Fascinating -- I wouldn't have pinned that for you.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:30:31 PM »

I'm graduating with a degree in math (statistics).  I enjoy math and I like keeping up to date with current affairs, which is basically waht an actuary does.

Why do you not think of me as an actuary?  I'm rather curious.

I really can't say.  You seem like you'd be quite apt in a literary field -- but that's not where the money is. And it's full of liberals.

I could picture you being involved in computer science, etc, but yeah, when I think about it, actuary does seem to fit you pretty well.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 10:50:40 PM »

I plan on writing novels as a hobby.  Mainly fantasy.  English was my best subject at school, after Math.  I speak 6 or 7 languages, so yeah, I'm interested in the arts too.  Arts and math, guys and girls, left or right handed, whatever.  I'm balanced. Smiley

That's pretty cool. I plan on one day getting a book of my poetry published --- not an easy task (nor something someone on the Atlas would expect from me) but maybe one day.

One of my heroes, CS Lewis, started writing poetry around age 15, and there's even a book of it. Not bad stuff.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies