Mafia-Game 4 (Day Phase 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:39:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mafia-Game 4 (Day Phase 2)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mafia-Game 4 (Day Phase 2)  (Read 1005 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »

Here is the story:

Tomhguy went for a stroll after his breakfast, as he did every day, but this walk was different this time. Nothing would be the same. When he walked, he loved to look at everything that interested him. Including an especially beautiful woman, a spilled glass of soda, and a dead body-

Wait, what was that? No! His eyes didn't fool him! Someone had taken a nice glass outside, and filled it with soda of all things! Blasphemy!

Anyway, he finished his walk and went back to his home. Then it hit him; he dropped his wallet on the way. Walking the path the took again, this time very carefully. Tomhguy couldn't find it anywhere. He called his friend Leinad, who he had seen earlier that day.

"Dude, do you know where my wallet is?" He asked.

"Yeah, you dropped it, so I picked it up and stole your money. Then I tossed on that dead body we saw." He replied.

"Thanks. Also, can I have my cash back."

"Do you have Discover Card?"

"No."

*click*

So, the now broke tomhguy now walked to the body, and there was his wallet on the body. He reached down for his wallet, and wondered about this guy. Reaching into his pocket, he took out the dead guy's wallet, and read his identification papers.

"Goldwater." They read.

Suddenly, he opened his eyes. Goldwater was still alive! Tomhguy called an ambulance, and Goldwater made it out of the hospital alive.

Turn ends in 4 days. Who attempted to kill Goldwater?
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: 0.43

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »

Is Leinad too obvious of a guess?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:43:02 PM »

Yeah, I'm not at all stupid enough to do that. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »

Yeah, Leinad might be a dirty thief, but I doubt he's a dumbass murder. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »

I see we are making good progress at looking for my attempted murderer. Wink
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »

I see we are making good progress at looking for my attempted murderer. Wink

Uh ok sure.

At this point nobody's dead, so we're pretty much at day one part two only with the added knowledge that Goldwater is completely innocent. So, I'll randomly accuse pedro (come up with a good defense) and provide some evidence against tomhguy and Leinad too.

I am pretty sure the people involved with the story are involved in Goldwater's attempted murder. Tomhguy is the most suspicious in my opinion, considering he was accusing Goldwater of being Mafia yesterday, which I found suspicious (only I can accuse Goldwater), and he also never retracted it. So I'll vote for him again: tomhguy. (Leinad is also suspicious, but he retracted it, so it's less Mafia-ish, though not by much.)

Also, if there is a cop, he should tell us his findings in the next day phase so we know who not to lynch. not today, however, as the Mafia cant kill him before he has enough info.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 08:43:02 AM »

I think everyone involved in the story is innocent, and I know I am innocent.  That leaves Mike, AZ, and Cokeland.  2 of the 3 are mafia.

Lynch Cokeland Chastain.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:31:14 AM »

Really, I'm not sure how literally we are supposed to take this story. Assuming it's 100% true, I don't think can Tomhguy be the murder, though admittedly his actions in the last day phase make me suspicious.

AZ and Cokeland have both been pretty quiet, so I'll join Pedro in voting to lynch Cokeland Chastain.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

I think everyone involved in the story is innocent, and I know I am innocent.  That leaves Mike, AZ, and Cokeland.  2 of the 3 are mafia.

Lynch Cokeland Chastain.

This takes a few very big jumps to some questionable conclusions. We know the Mafia is active at least, considering they did attempt to kill somebody, while all Cokeland has done was say two words.

Goldwater makes a good point as well about the story. It doesn't really sit well with me, but I'll unvote for now. As I said before, this is day phase one part two, so it won't be that bad if we miss a lynch. We'll have to get going in the next phase, though.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »

Mike what do you mean by
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I am going to go in a different direction and say that vote for pedro is a  mafia member based on the fact he is jumping to some fairly big conclusions without a lot of solid reasoning to back his story up. I also am not prepared to rule out anyone but Goldwater and myself at this juncture but I think the Mafia is likely a combination of vote for Pedro, Leinad, or tomhguy. Cokeland Chastain has not been online since the 17th so I don't think it is him as the Mafia did try and kill someone.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=15294

I vote to lynch: vote for pedro
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 02:35:42 PM »

Oh, I was unaware of Chastain not being online. With that in mind, I will change my vote to no lynch, since I just don't really have any evidence for any one poster in particular.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 02:56:08 PM by Governor Wells »

Mike what do you mean by
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I meant that after I accused Goldwater randomly (for no reason), it seems suspicious for people to agree that he's guilty. It looks like Mafia trying to quickly lynch an innocent to put them ahead. And is it any coincidence that both of the people who seconded my baseless suspicions of Goldwater were, if Enduro's story is to be trusted, involved with his attempted murder?

So looking at all the evidence we have so far, I'm still pretty confident with my original vote for tomhguy.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 05:56:48 PM »

Cokeland Chastain has not been online since the 17th so I don't think it is him as the Mafia did try and kill someone.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=15294

I vote to lynch: vote for pedro

Well that makes it easy.  I didn't realize Cokeland Chastain had not been online.  I stand by my percentages.

Change my vote to lynch AZ.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 09:11:00 PM »

Since there are already votes to lynch me, I assume I will be a target during the night anyway.  I might as well come clean with what I know:

I, vote for pedro, am the Sheriff.
I investigated Tomhguy and was told he is innocent.

Here are my assumptions:
Goldwater isn’t mafia if someone tried to kill him during the night.

Cokeland Chastain hasn’t been online since Feb 17th so he might be innocent.

Leinad could go either way but it just seems too obvious with the story.

If Cokeland is innocent, then AZ pointing out Cokeland’s absence wasn’t very mafia-like.  Mafia would jump on the chance to lynch a townie.  If Cokeland is guilty, then AZ’s move would make sense to protect his partner.

Or maybe it is Mike and Leinad.
  I’m assuming there are 2 mafia members.

It being a 50/50 proposition, and me being a law-abiding lawman; I'll temporarily change my vote (again Roll Eyes ) to no lynch pending further evidence.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 09:15:25 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2017, 09:18:55 PM by Governor Wells »

So tomhguy is innocent. I guess I'm not always right. Changing my vote to Leinad then. He was my other choice.

Edit: Also, if cokeland is mafia, maybe his lack of activity is why Goldwater's murder failed? Something I thought of. Cokeland seems like a decent lynch if we have a day with no leads.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 09:23:28 PM »

Also, Pedro, why do you think I'd be Mafia with Leinad of all people? And didn't you say earlier you thought everyone in Enduro's story was innocent? What made you change your mind?
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 09:31:32 PM »

Also, Pedro, why do you think I'd be Mafia with Leinad of all people? And didn't you say earlier you thought everyone in Enduro's story was innocent? What made you change your mind?

I investigated Tomhguy based on his suspicious voting day 1.  He came back as innocent.

Then the story comes out with Goldwater, Tomhguy, and Leinad all involved. 

Goldwater sure looked innocent, I knew Tomhguy was innocent, and Leinad... well just seemed too obvious.  My comment about all 3 in the story being innocent was just a guess based on what I knew about Tomhguy & Goldwater.
vote for pedro
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 09:29:42 AM »

Edit: Also, if cokeland is mafia, maybe his lack of activity is why Goldwater's murder failed? Something I thought of. Cokeland seems like a decent lynch if we have a day with no leads.

I can go along with this.  Even if he is an innocent bystander, he obviously is not insterested in helping the town by voting or telling us what he knows.  Maybe we get lucky and kill half the mafia.

Lynch Cokeland.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 04:10:58 PM »

It doesn't look like today is going to have a successful lynch, which is surprising since we have almost two pages worth of evidence and three confirmed innocents. Since I know I'm innocent, that leaves three possible Mafia. And I have some analysis to get to when I can post from a better location.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:43 PM »

...Enduro? You there?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 01:45:51 PM »

Yes, sorry about that. I would like to tell y'all that someone died, but there is another tie. As such, no lynch is the winner. (Poor guy got killed twice, what did no lynch do to you?)

Send me your night turn orders.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies