Labor Winter Convention 2017-Welcome to Baltimore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Winter Convention 2017-Welcome to Baltimore
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Labor Winter Convention 2017-Welcome to Baltimore  (Read 7355 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2017, 08:46:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

God, I'd hope not. I am glad you enjoy my qualities (glad things have changed in eyes regarding Lumine's game that I am not longer "screwing up" China).

You are going to have to clarify what "efficient campaigning" is, because sending PM's to everyone and their mother no matter their political affiliation is the very antonym of "efficiency". I would argue that I was too efficient, ignoring key voters in the pursuit of voters I felt were going to be swing or expanding our base, and we had great successes there. I am not going to argue with you on the idea that I didn't campaign to everyone, I didn't and that was a mistake I openly admit.

I am actually laughing a bit at the idea that leaders of the Labor party met in "closed doors" to replace me on the ticket, whether it happened or not, I really don't care. The smart thing to do would've been to confront me on this, and tell me what I could be doing better, instead of supposedly meeting behind my back with the goal of finding a better candidate.

Going back a bit to what you said on the demographic "advantage", or the so-called "20 vote majority". Yes we have more votes, but when you factor that with the HIGH amount of Federalist leaning indies, along with the Federalists that we have in our own party (Purple heart Santander), this is not a majority, nor even a plurality. I messaged about 80 people, you were not on that list, as my "efficiency" assumed you were all set to go for voting.

If there is one thing I have most definitely learned - Never Assume.

I mean I think the better thing to do is to reference what I said earlier, tell the candidate to make a change, instead of letting them fail on their own and say "we told you so", "we should've replaced you". That is pretty darn idiotic.

I don't feel I am a bad campaigner, nor inefficient in my PMing. I lost. DFW stayed up long hours and won the election, and that's that. So, we can Monday night quarterback all we want, but is really stating for the entire Labor party that I "suck" and am extremely bad at campaigning assisting the goal of attempting to push Atlasia to a new generation of active, engaged folk? No.

This will be my last PM for, as someone who has a bit of a temper at times this riled me a bit, so I am going to cool them down a bit. Anyways, I look forward to some constructive criticism.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »

I should have swung the gavel when I announced Denver.

The by-laws have already been decided, and if Windjammer wants to get his amendment to the by-laws done it has to be done through special convention, and regardless after Truman went through a great hassle to get the new by-laws I'd rather not throw a new, vague amendment in. I've Pm'd Windjammer about it. I know emotions were bound to run high after the election defeat, but this isn't the place to have these discussions

I also reject the motion from Santander, as there are no grounds to expel Windjammer.

As I said earlier I'm going to open a new convention thread to deal with the Party policy platform, and allow us to get to work on that
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies