ok everyone, here are the screenshots from the thread to prove adam's trolling.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:36:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ok everyone, here are the screenshots from the thread to prove adam's trolling.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ok everyone, here are the screenshots from the thread to prove adam's trolling.  (Read 2103 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2017, 01:25:40 AM »

Now do you see why I deleted this stupidity? I admit that his spin machine is impressive and that he has succesfully conned some people into believing that I am lying about something totally unrelated, but here's the pudding and the proof for all to see, I have a right to keep trolling off of my threads and so I did it, here you go:

I think there might be 3 more idiotic posts after that before I finally got fed up and deleted the entire thread, tired of Adam's trolling. so there you see the supposedly "incriminating info" it was stupid of me to ever respond to him.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 01:30:59 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2017, 01:33:22 AM by President North Carolina Yankee »

After Dfw deleted the thread, I still had it on a tab and screen capped it at his request. The rather obvious Windows XP taskbar should be a dead give way. Tongue

This was everything that was remaining in the thread before it was removed completely.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:54:16 AM »

I'm actually glad the posts have been saved. They shouldn't have been deleted in the first place, and it shouldn't have taken somebody else to salvage them from your aftermath. People can finally read the dialogue - as should have been the case the entire time. Thankfully, Yankee's ancient desktop takes about a day to close out a window: otherwise, we might have never seen them again!

I'm not sure what you think you're "proving" regarding me "trolling". I definitely have a sense of humor regarding most things and so it was only natural for me to open with jokes about your hypocrisy before delving into the real subject at hand. You're right that you have left off a couple of the last posts that you deleted, including the one where I mentioned that the first person in question to send me the PM requested that I not release it publicly.

At any rate, such is irrelevant: I see that others have already started coming forward and were more than willing to corroborate my initial claims. I'm sure there are many others out there who may or may not be willing to share similar, relevant customizations from you about what you consider to be the "truth" regarding your campaign strategy and foreign policy.

There has been a lot of recent turnover in this game, I will admit, but one thing has been historically true: Atlasian libertarians consider me an ally and protector of their interests - and for good reason. In all of my national contests, I have always done amazingly well with libertarian voters - especially for someone considered to be a "hard leftist" in this game - precisely because they know that I have never tolerated heavy-handed authoritarianism in our foreign policy. When in office, I have consistently stood against warhawk plans and strategies, whether that be with my vote, my veto or my exaggerated rhetoric to prove a point (queue Yankee's "turn the Middle East into a sheet of glass" quote).

I'm not sure who all is or is not libertarian among our newer citizens, but I do hope that they will proceed with caution if they did in fact vote for you, and keep a careful eye on your future plans regarding our freedoms and liberties. I, for one, will continue my years-long tradition of standing up to and opposing massive expansions in the MIC and aggressive posturing on the foreign stage, regardless of what you, my Party, or anyone else thinks.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:55:12 AM »

Also, get a screencapture browser add-on, Yankee, Jesus
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »

Actually it was NeverAGain's Google Doc for the House Rules that saved the tab. It had opened on the other side of that, separated from the other Atlasia tab(s) and therefore I did not see it, until two hours later.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »

I can tell you for sure that dfw shares a generally libertarian foreign policy, and I am convinced from my extensive conversations with him that we'll see the vast majority of his foreign policy decisions taking us in that direction.

Now, for everyone trying to keep up with this: what we're seeing here is a conflation of policy and game mechanics. Also, of course, we are seeing a notorious mountain factory eagerly receiving new molehills, and lots of newer people being Deeply Disturbed because they're unaware that this is all politics. Adam is trying to drive dfw insane, and craft the narrative that dfw is a terrible President before he's even sworn in. It's fairly simple. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 04:09:43 AM »

Speaking of politics...

Adam Griffin is purposefully conflating game mechanics with game policy

what we're seeing here is a conflation of policy and game mechanics.

Please cc me on the next round of political talking points you guys send out!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 08:19:03 AM »

Well don't you think it's a bit early considering I haven't actually done anything fp wise yet? You will see that I am going to stick to my word, as I have all along, on foreign policy.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 10:09:34 AM »

Griff, give it a rest. Please.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:56:45 AM »

President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 11:00:10 AM »

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 11:40:17 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »

President Elect DFW deserves the common courtesy of beginning his administration without having to deal with the unjustified sniping from the sidelines by Griffin.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 11:51:06 PM »

sniping from the sidelines is what presidencies are all about Tongue
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »

But there's a difference between legitimate sniping and trolling.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 12:56:42 AM »

Eh, it seemed like the best way to phrase it and I was too tired to paraphrase. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 01:16:45 AM »

I refuse to "go along to get along" on important matters such as these; perhaps I am the product of a bygone era where strong ethical standards for our Presidents, clear consistency among candidates between their public/private statements and a clear delineation of ideologies and parties were the norm. VERY SAD to see my Party lose its backbone - especially on foreign policy. No wonder we don't win anymore! With regard to this particular subject, however:

I, for one, will continue my years-long tradition of standing up to and opposing massive expansions in the MIC and aggressive posturing on the foreign stage, regardless of what you, my Party, or anyone else thinks.

Griffin winning the South? He couldn't beat JCL there, so I highly doubt Cris loses it considering it is more conservative now then it was in February. Of course it is also more Libertarian and Griffin has a long history of winning over libertarians.

As Senator, I will introduce legislation that ensures cross-regional cooperation on the matter can occur, that regions and the federal government have access to the intelligence resources that they need, and will do so in a libertarian-friendly way that ensures our civil liberties are not encroached upon.

I could go on and on, but this issue is a serious issue for me and I will be a needle in the eye of anyone who tries to erode our civil liberties - as I always have been.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 02:33:04 AM »

I refuse to "go along to get along" on important matters such as these; perhaps I am the product of a bygone era where strong ethical standards for our Presidents, clear consistency among candidates between their public/private statements and a clear delineation of ideologies and parties were the norm. VERY SAD to see my Party lose its backbone - especially on foreign policy. No wonder we don't win anymore! With regard to this particular subject, however:

I, for one, will continue my years-long tradition of standing up to and opposing massive expansions in the MIC and aggressive posturing on the foreign stage, regardless of what you, my Party, or anyone else thinks.

Griffin winning the South? He couldn't beat JCL there, so I highly doubt Cris loses it considering it is more conservative now then it was in February. Of course it is also more Libertarian and Griffin has a long history of winning over libertarians.

As Senator, I will introduce legislation that ensures cross-regional cooperation on the matter can occur, that regions and the federal government have access to the intelligence resources that they need, and will do so in a libertarian-friendly way that ensures our civil liberties are not encroached upon.

I could go on and on, but this issue is a serious issue for me and I will be a needle in the eye of anyone who tries to erode our civil liberties - as I always have been.

This election was Atlasia version of 1980. Where the Conservatives not only captured the presidency but one house of congress too. This election hopefully means the liberal era in Atlasia is over
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 02:41:57 AM »

This election was Atlasia version of 1980. Where the Conservatives not only captured the presidency but one house of congress too. This election hopefully means the liberal era in Atlasia is over

beep boop
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 04:31:53 AM »

Even when Labor had two Senate seats, and a minority in the House we banned capital punishment/passed the LGBTQ+ civil rights bill so I doubt we're gonna see the end of the liberal era
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 06:25:52 AM »

beep boop

Can we please not do this? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 06:47:38 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 07:03:39 AM by President North Carolina Yankee »

Atlasia politics will likely never be as conservative as RL, because we are internet based. All this discussion of Libertarians voting emphasizes that point. There are far more libertarians and far less social conservatives, so the right is by that score much less conservative socially than in real life. But it goes beyond just that. The lack of a solidly conservative base of similar size, means that there is a large population of moderates who each want their own thing emphasized.

Dfw's entire margin of victory was made up by defecting laborites and far left indies who had grown weary of Labor for whatever reason (Al, Hashemite etc). Dfw promised a reduction in regulations and the deficit, and a drawn back foreign policy, but also healthcare containing a sliding scale subsidy and infrastructure rebuilding. Activity was another big draw to voters, as dfw has been active consistently throughout his entire eight months in the game as Southern Delegate, House Member, Senator and Governor. 

As for the House, voters who voted to put me in the House included RL liberals/Democrats like Mr. X, TexasGurl and Miles. The same is true for Ted and for Potus. Our Coalitions were very diverse ideologically and we would have never won the House without that cross-over pull. My campaign was center-right populist pledging action on infrastructure, reinstating a modernized Glass-Steagal while simplifying other regulations and removing many and passing Scott's or a similar healthcare bill.

This election is more like a reverse 1992 than a 1980. Which considering dfw's youth, Bill Clinton is another rather apt comparison, though JFK is better when you consider (ironically) the relative experience and older age of the VP.

One clear historical example people have to keep in mind is June 2014, when Labor won the Presidency by five votes over a TPP/DR ticket, with 11 out of 40 Federalist Voters casting votes for the Laborite to be President (we didn't have anyone available to run, RL is a pain sometimes). That was one time Labor a dash for populist right and not libertarians (makes sense since the other ticket had a libertarian on it). One month later they put one of their most extreme members in charge of the Senate and nearly passed a bill nationalizing power companies. Needless to say those 11 Federalists regretted their votes. Labor was devastated in the August midterm elections, putting a coalition of Feds, DRs, and TPPers in charge of the Senate.

We will pass many conservative things, but we will also honor the promises we campaigned on, especially to those voters who decided the election.

Now that doesn't mean it always has to be this way. Building up a larger conservative vote, would pull the spectrum more towards the right, and one of the reasons I am pushing for the caucuses to organize is so they can play a role in organizing and recruiting new people into the party and holding civic events, and other actions as well as playing a role in the platform process and having influence in the House Conference through the caucuses nominating priority candidates for their members to focus on in elections.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 07:23:38 AM »

Yankee you're pretty much begging me to put the Bentsen quote in there
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »

Yankee you're pretty much begging me to put the Bentsen quote in there

Dfw is not Dan Quayle Tongue
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 08:32:23 AM »

What's to stop him from becoming so sleep-deprived that he begins to believe it's spelled potatoe? Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies