ok everyone, here are the screenshots from the thread to prove adam's trolling.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:57:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ok everyone, here are the screenshots from the thread to prove adam's trolling.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ok everyone, here are the screenshots from the thread to prove adam's trolling.  (Read 2108 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »

What's to stop him from becoming so sleep-deprived that he begins to believe it's spelled potatoe? Tongue

We doctor the potato with sleeping pills and make him eat it.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »

One clear historical example people have to keep in mind is June 2014, when Labor won the Presidency by five votes over a TPP/DR ticket, with 11 out of 40 Federalist Voters casting votes for the Laborite to be President (we didn't have anyone available to run, RL is a pain sometimes). That was one time Labor a dash for populist right and not libertarians (makes sense since the other ticket had a libertarian on it). One month later they put one of their most extreme members in charge of the Senate and nearly passed a bill nationalizing power companies. Needless to say those 11 Federalists regretted their votes. Labor was devastated in the August midterm elections, putting a coalition of Feds, DRs, and TPPers in charge of the Senate.

Weirdly enough, I was one of those 11. I don't recall why I voted the way I did, but I remember that Sirnick was pretty pissed at me and wouldn't drop the subject for quite a while.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 12:54:08 AM »

One clear historical example people have to keep in mind is June 2014, when Labor won the Presidency by five votes over a TPP/DR ticket, with 11 out of 40 Federalist Voters casting votes for the Laborite to be President (we didn't have anyone available to run, RL is a pain sometimes). That was one time Labor a dash for populist right and not libertarians (makes sense since the other ticket had a libertarian on it). One month later they put one of their most extreme members in charge of the Senate and nearly passed a bill nationalizing power companies. Needless to say those 11 Federalists regretted their votes. Labor was devastated in the August midterm elections, putting a coalition of Feds, DRs, and TPPers in charge of the Senate.

Weirdly enough, I was one of those 11. I don't recall why I voted the way I did, but I remember that Sirnick was pretty pissed at me and wouldn't drop the subject for quite a while.

I liked DemPGH a lot. I worked with him when we was VP and I was PPT. I also liked working with Windjammer for the short time that he was VP and was impressed with his work in the Midwest.

If anyone had reason to vote for DemPGH it would have been me. However, I knew that as long as TNF remained an untouchable god within labor and also remained the center of the Labor Senate caucus, putting them in charge of the Senate (by electing a Labor ticket to break the tie), meant that it would get sacrificed at the altar of Labor partisanship. They had several people far more suitable for the position, even Griffin himself at points and yet insisted on foisting a extremist into the position, a position that calls for level headed stability not wild extremism and erratic behavior.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 02:22:17 AM »

You guys didn't lose because there was no Federalist on the ticket; most people (including Federalists) don't care much for the party, obviously - SAD. The reasons for those defections (and more broadly speaking, on the right as a whole) was that Windjammer was in many ways a social conservative and was able to appeal largely to a disaffected pro-life electorate that resented the fact that the Right ran two libertarians for P/VP. That is why most right-wingers who voted for us in that contest did so, along with the fact that Jambles was arguably as good of a campaigner as I (maybe better).

One month later they put one of their most extreme members in charge of the Senate and nearly passed a bill nationalizing power companies. Needless to say those 11 Federalists regretted their votes. Labor was devastated in the August midterm elections, putting a coalition of Feds, DRs, and TPPers in charge of the Senate.

And then we swept the October regional elections to recover our regional seats while we walked over your corpses and rounded out December with all five Senate seats intact, all the while stealing your most reliable region out from under your noses. 2014 was a hell of a ride! Definitely the most volatile in both presidential and senatorial elections in recent history.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 02:24:11 AM »

This election was Atlasia version of 1980. Where the Conservatives not only captured the presidency but one house of congress too. This election hopefully means the liberal era in Atlasia is over

VERY unfortunate that you have adopted the attitude of a partisan/ideological hack, throwing the values of the Coolidge Society under the bus for Big Government Conservatism and massive military expansion in the name of victory.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 10:34:59 AM »

You guys didn't lose because there was no Federalist on the ticket; most people (including Federalists) don't care much for the party, obviously - SAD. The reasons for those defections (and more broadly speaking, on the right as a whole) was that Windjammer was in many ways a social conservative and was able to appeal largely to a disaffected pro-life electorate that resented the fact that the Right ran two libertarians for P/VP. That is why most right-wingers who voted for us in that contest did so, along with the fact that Jambles was arguably as good of a campaigner as I (maybe better).

One month later they put one of their most extreme members in charge of the Senate and nearly passed a bill nationalizing power companies. Needless to say those 11 Federalists regretted their votes. Labor was devastated in the August midterm elections, putting a coalition of Feds, DRs, and TPPers in charge of the Senate.

And then we swept the October regional elections to recover our regional seats while we walked over your corpses and rounded out December with all five Senate seats intact, all the while stealing your most reliable region out from under your noses. 2014 was a hell of a ride! Definitely the most volatile in both presidential and senatorial elections in recent history.

Labor recovered? No kidding! My point was about electoral mandates. Tongue

I found 2015 to be more fun. Especially working with a certain annoying Georgian. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 12:22:36 AM »

Wow! The more things change in this game, the more they stay the same
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: