NBC/SurveyMonkey: Most Americans (but not young Repubs) think Russia unfriendly (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:24:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NBC/SurveyMonkey: Most Americans (but not young Repubs) think Russia unfriendly (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/SurveyMonkey: Most Americans (but not young Repubs) think Russia unfriendly  (Read 2940 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« on: February 22, 2017, 01:47:25 PM »

Wow! I thought young Republicans were terrible! This is awesome! This might be becoming a tolerable party after all!!!

Those Democrat numbers are frightening.

Confused Democrat; you're confused, there's no good reason America should be unfriendly with Russia.

Russophobia does not work on people immune to the propagandists spreading it. Thus, Democrat opposition to the Iraq War.

Are young Democrats more likely to support the Iraq War than young Republicans? Somebody's gotta check up on that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_support_for_Iraq_during_the_Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_war
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Eharding

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

this is whataboutism as usual.

if russia wouldn't try so hard to be our enemy, it really would be nice to cooperate on a closer level but as long as the global right-wing russian empire of influence and control is spreading, there won't be any closer partnership.

-So it was Russia that overthrew Ukraine's government, supported al-Qaeda in Syria, propagandizes its citizens to hate itself, saber-rattled around Cuba, and placed the completely unjustifiable sanctions on it on itself?
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »

So it was Russia that overthrew Ukraine's government, supported al-Qaeda in Syria, propagandizes its citizens to hate itself, saber-rattled around Cuba, and placed the completely unjustifiable sanctions on it on itself?

well... Newton's Law III: To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction.

the core of the problem, cut down through the BS, is:

russia can't accept that the former sovjet republics are now independent....it can't accept its own history....that's the main reason why stalin is becoming more popular each year once again.

if russia would have accepted in 2004, that the ukraine is now an independent nation....and would't have threatened it to change its stand on the association agreement with the EU....all of this would never have happened.

i never ever claim, that the US is blameless how things played down in africa and asia but russia is even more of a traditional empire, not accepting gray or independent nations to exist peacefully in its neighbourhood.

all those border countries want to join NATO not because they are bribed but because it's the only way to be free and safe.

russia must follow the path of respect and friendship - otherwise this is going to go on forever.

-No; Russia can't accept blatant violations of the rules of the game in the former Soviet Republics (e.g., Georgia's invasion of South Ossetia and Abhazia, the coup in Ukraine). If it finds the Western nations are perfectly willing to support any and all violations of the rules of the game as long as Russia's territorial integrity is threatened by them, it will continue to counter such subversion with all necessary means.
Eharding

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »

-No; Russia can't accept blatant violations of the rules of the game in the former Soviet Republics (e.g., Georgia's invasion of South Ossetia and Abhazia, the coup in Ukraine). If it finds the Western nations are perfectly willing to support any and all violations of the rules of the game as long as Russia's territorial integrity is threatened by them, it will continue to counter such subversion with all necessary means.

this is NOT russia's territory - period.

which just underlines my point.

russia is russia is russia.

the other countries are NOT RUSSIA and russia can threaten those countries or try to convince them through friendship and respect...the putin way is the way of ruin.

as i said.....bush was an idiot regarding the rocket shield but the imperial attitude of russia and its global war for illiberalism and 18th century values must be opposed by all liberty-loving democrats.

-Would you say the same to JFK in regards to Cuba and Vietnam? Russia has no imperial attitude. It simply has its own version of the Monroe Doctrine. Russia only goes against the rules of the game if the West encourages such rule-breaking to Russia's detriment.

There is no convincing wolves.
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »

Americans are immersed in propaganda to a far greater extent than Russians.
Eharding

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »

All the Republicans saying Russia isn't bad now are the ones fully agreeing with Romney in 2012 when he said the same thing. Guess they have to listen to the strong man and not think for themselves.

-I did not support Romney in 2012, and thought his remark on Russia was obviously false and inane; I gave the thumbs-up to Obama's skewering of him.

I think for myself. Most Democrats clearly don't.
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 06:19:23 PM »

All the Republicans saying Russia isn't bad now are the ones fully agreeing with Romney in 2012 when he said the same thing. Guess they have to listen to the strong man and not think for themselves.

-I did not support Romney in 2012, and thought his remark on Russia was obviously false and inane; I gave the thumbs-up to Obama's skewering of him.

I think for myself. Most Democrats clearly don't.

You're listening to Trump and the party line now. Romney was right, given the chance Putin would kill us al.

-Putin's been in power since 2000. Why hasn't he? Hitler was in power for 12 years.

I see you're one of those Romney-Hillary hacks. Not a fan.
Eharding

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »

i can easily say in public that i have underestimated putin's killing instincts and his imperial attitude before 2013 and thought hillary/obama's reset would have been a good idea.

you have seen how hillary and obama paid for trying to play nice with putin - and as an US citizen i would absolutely feel like apologizing to mitt.

-Russia has no imperial attitude, it just has an attitude of opposition to the U.S.'s very real imperial attitude.
Eharding

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 06:29:31 PM »

Russia has no imperial attitude, it just has an attitude of opposition to the U.S.'s very real imperial attitude.

the biggest benefactor of foreign value-driven US interactions are always third nations, cause - as your hero trump pointed out so often - the USA aren't annexing "the oil".

the US is in decline, while russia's stealth imperial global empire is trying to undermine each and every one liberal democracy in this world.

i would love Mir but the price putin wishes for is too high...liberty mustn't die.

-Move to Libya, rebel-held Syria or western Ukraine already. There, you can experience your liberty unfiltered.
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 06:44:39 PM »

Move to Libya, rebel-held Syria or western Ukraine already. There, you can experience your liberty unfiltered.

western ukraine really deserves to be part of that list.....

.... and ofc ukraine and syria would be more peaceful now without russia's meddling.

-Yeah; the conquests of Idlib and northeastern Latakia by the rebels and Qaryatayn by ISIS were oh-so-peaceful.
Eharding

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 12:12:54 AM »

i can easily say in public that i have underestimated putin's killing instincts and his imperial attitude before 2013 and thought hillary/obama's reset would have been a good idea.

you have seen how hillary and obama paid for trying to play nice with putin - and as an US citizen i would absolutely feel like apologizing to mitt.

-Russia has no imperial attitude, it just has an attitude of opposition to the U.S.'s very real imperial attitude.

Yes, no imperial ambition but it would take over al of Eastern Europe and all of its former territory in Central Asia if left to its own ambitions. Then proceed to make Western Europe vassel states.

You'be clearly bought Russia's propaganda or just don't care because they're not Americans. Not impressed with your fascist support.

-If Russia wanted to take over Central Asia, why didn't it do so a decade ago? Noone's stopping it. I'm sure a lot of Russians in northern Kazahstan would be grateful.

Again, Russia has no imperial attitude. Only a strong opposition to the U.S.'s very real imperial attitude.

Truly, your remarks are inane. Typical Romney-Hillary voter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies