NBC/SurveyMonkey: Most Americans (but not young Repubs) think Russia unfriendly (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:09:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NBC/SurveyMonkey: Most Americans (but not young Repubs) think Russia unfriendly (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/SurveyMonkey: Most Americans (but not young Repubs) think Russia unfriendly  (Read 2920 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 22, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »

Young republicans are Generation alt right confirmed.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 03:18:12 PM »

Would you say the same to JFK in regards to Cuba and Vietnam? Russia has no imperial attitude. It simply has its own version of the Monroe Doctrine. Russia only goes against the rules of the game if the West encourages such rule-breaking to Russia's detriment.

i think the US has made big mistakes with its handling of cuba and vietnam, yes.

and ofc, there is no other imperial country left in the world, besides russia and iran. the US was thinking like that a few decades ago, but a lot has changed singe the 1950ies.

otherwise i can accept your point - it really is a monroe doctrin.

i just can't accept the talking points, that this is about russia's own security.....it's about russia's influence/"interests" of the current russian government........you lose power, if a state is free to make its own decisions and russia wants thise states to be dependent ..plain and simple.

normally, this would be just an academical debate....but since russia also tries to secure its influence through undermining the EU, i can't tolerate or respect this behaviour.

Russia isn't imperialistic as much as it is 4-chany.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:27:13 PM »

Russia isn't imperialistic as much as it is 4-chany.

this is correct.

russia is trolling the F out of everything.

it's milo as president of a global superpower.

And its just as bad as imperialism if not worse. Its imperial nihilism if anything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies