Adam Ruins Everything
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:56:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Adam Ruins Everything
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Adam Ruins Everything  (Read 1998 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 22, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »

Anyone else like this show? It's basically the only thing worth watching on TruTV.

I like how it basically is "all liberal, all the time" but manages to not come across as hackish.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »

I love this show. Hardly call it liberal in any sense of course....
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »

Anyone else like this show? It's basically the only thing worth watching on TruTV next to Impractical Jokers.

I like how it basically is "all liberal, all the time" but manages to not come across as hackish.

FTFY.  But yes, it's a good show.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 11:54:29 PM »

It is a great show, and I'm hoping that he continues to expose the greed and manipulation done by large companies. I'm hoping he can "ruin" education soon, since a lot of people don't understand education anywhere near as well as they think they do.

The one thing about it that kind of gets me, though, is how easily the characters on the show are convinced by his arguments, statistics, and the experts he calls in. I think a lot of real people would just continuously deny his points, claim that his statistics and experts must be fake, and remain convinced that they're right and he's wrong.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 12:01:37 AM »

For once, I am agreed with BRTD.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »

The one thing about it that kind of gets me, though, is how easily the characters on the show are convinced by his arguments, statistics, and the experts he calls in. I think a lot of real people would just continuously deny his points, claim that his statistics and experts must be fake, and remain convinced that they're right and he's wrong.

I think that's the point, though. They're not going to spend their time projecting the hypothetical arguments from stubborn folks. The point is to make it seem like Adam's argument is logical and easy to accept (which, usually, they are.)

I love the show. It's one of the few shows that I actually go out of my way to watch, rather than just watching it if it's on.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »

This is actually a great representation of the Liberal delusion that all you need to rectify people's beliefs is to throw muh facts and figures at them and expect people to just accept them. That's a big part of the reason why we all failed to understand the T***p phenomenon, with no amount of "debunking" having any effect on his supporters.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 12:05:42 AM »

This is actually a great representation of the Liberal delusion that all you need to rectify people's beliefs is to throw muh facts and figures at them and expect people to just accept them. That's a big part of the reason why we all failed to understand the T***p phenomenon, with no amount of "debunking" having any effect on his supporters.

Have you even watched the show?
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:18 AM »

-This is why you should have understood why his supporters supported him. It was mostly "he's a businessman; he knows how to create jobs and stand up for America". Simple enough.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:30 AM »

Have you even watched the show?

A couple episodes. It's all right.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 12:27:20 AM »

I love how it's liberal propaganda, but well disguised liberal propaganda. A lot of the episodes are basically just comedy sketch versions of John Oliver monologues.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »

I got pretty into it a while ago, but I think it's kinda turned me off since.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 05:09:03 AM »

I thought you were about to complain about Adam Griffin.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »

I haven't watched it, but the concept strikes me as that of some smarmy millennial who says "well, actually" and revels at his superior knowledge compared to that of the common prole.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 12:15:33 PM »

I haven't watched it, but the concept strikes me as that of some smarmy millennial who says "well, actually" and revels at his superior knowledge compared to that of the common prole.

Sound like BRTD would love.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 01:30:41 PM »

Is this like Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t for liberals?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 02:14:28 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 02:16:53 PM »

I also thought this.  I was ready to get out my markers and tagboard to make pro-Adam signs for the protest.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 02:23:48 PM »

I also thought this.  I was ready to get out my markers and tagboard to make pro-Adam signs for the protest.

^^^^^
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 02:53:00 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »

The most overtly political episodes were the ones on prison and immigration. The last one even directly attacked the Trump Wall.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 06:49:27 PM »

Good show, although it's more about busting misconceptions than liberalism.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 06:57:38 PM »

Is this like Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t for liberals?
I've only seen a bit of it, but yes.  Shows that legitimately try and separate fact from fiction in an entertaining way are, of course, Freedom Shows.

(which is why I find it silly that people complain about the politics of P and T's BS or Adam's show.  Who cares if they have a political bent or not (everybody does), if they are actually putting truth out there, it shouldn't matter....and I can guarantee you that both shows have made errors.  But that doesn't mean they should be ignored, they should be listened to with a skeptical ear....like EVERYthing else in the world.)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 06:58:54 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 07:00:57 PM by Goldwater »

I haven't seen it, but it sounds like it could be interesting, despite BRTD's determination to make it sound as awful as possible.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies