Spicer: DOJ will be "taking action" against legalized pot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:25:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Spicer: DOJ will be "taking action" against legalized pot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Spicer: DOJ will be "taking action" against legalized pot  (Read 1840 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

One other thing I forgot to add, but I'll add it now because it seems relevant . . . Hillary was not entitled to votes. Stop acting like she was entitled. She didn't earn those votes. It goes the same for Ralph Nader in 2000; he earned he votes for him and Gore didn't.

I didn't say anything about that. It's just literally not true that she would've lost if Stein voters had voted for Hillary.

And I'm sure the people who voted their conscience for Nader and Stein are very happy they stopped corporate neoliberals like Gore and Clinton to get Bush and Trump instead.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 09:52:03 PM »
« Edited: February 23, 2017, 09:53:50 PM by Virginia »

It would not have swung the election.

I don't understand. I went to WI/MI/PA's pages and added Stein's percentage of the vote to Clinton's, and it put Clinton over the top in each state. Giving all Stein's votes to Clinton would have swung the election to her.

Not saying she is entitled to those votes, but what you said is false.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »

One other thing I forgot to add, but I'll add it now because it seems relevant . . . Hillary was not entitled to votes. Stop acting like she was entitled. She didn't earn those votes. It goes the same for Ralph Nader in 2000; he earned he votes for him and Gore didn't.

I didn't say anything about that. It's just literally not true that she would've lost if Stein voters had voted for Hillary.

And I'm sure the people who voted their conscience for Nader and Stein are very happy they stopped corporate neoliberals like Gore and Clinton to get Bush and Trump instead.

You're missing the point. Gore and Hillary did not earn their votes. They didn't excite their base, which you need to do in America. Nader and Stein did earn those votes.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »

I hope all those midwestern Jill Stein voters feel happy with themselves.

Why would they be happy that one of the 2 major party candidates who was too terrible to vote for won?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 10:00:55 PM »

You're missing the point. Gore and Hillary did not earn their votes. They didn't excite their base, which you need to do in America. Nader and Stein did earn those votes.

But that wasn't your point. Your point was not to blame Stein voters because it wouldn't have made a difference if they had voted for Clinton or not... when in the fact-based world we live in, it did.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 10:01:41 PM »

Yeah. Kerry was supposed to win when Gore's 48% joined Nader's 2.5% and deliver Ohio, Florida, New Hampshire, and maybe even Nevada. Kerry was supposed to win 315 votes!! He won 252. Guess what happened instead? Nader's people stayed home and some Gore voters switched over to vote for War President Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 10:27:51 PM »

But that wasn't your point. Your point was not to blame Stein voters because it wouldn't have made a difference if they had voted for Clinton or not... when in the fact-based world we live in, it did.

It's not even clear that Stein cost Hillary Michigan, and she didn't cost Hillary Wisconsin or Pennsylvania.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »

It's not even clear that Stein cost Hillary Michigan, and she didn't cost Hillary Wisconsin or Pennsylvania.

lol: https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/index.html
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 10:33:05 PM »

It would not have swung the election.
No one's entitled to votes, correct.

That being said, Stein supporters are as bad as Trump supporters in how dense they are.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 10:36:14 PM »

Let me guess, you were allocating 100% of Stein voters to Hillary?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »

Back in 2000, I voted for Nader, but even if all third parties had been purged from the ballot, it would have been Bush, not Gore who would have gotten my vote.  I definitely wasn't voting for Gore that year and Bush never managed to seal the deal with me so I voted third party as a protest against two lackluster choices.  The idea that all the voters for Stein and Nader are uberliberals who would have voted Democratic if there had been no Green Party is sheer nonsense.  Not only that, but the presence of third parties likely made it a closer election than it otherwise would have been.  Without Johnson and McMullin, Trump certainly would have gained New Hampshire and maybe Minnesota.  Trump might have even won the popular vote, and at least kept the margin in the popular vote down to the size of his inauguration crowd.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »

Back in 2000, I voted for Nader, but even if all third parties had been purged from the ballot, it would have been Bush, not Gore who would have gotten my vote.  I definitely wasn't voting for Gore that year and Bush never managed to seal the deal with me so I voted third party as a protest against two lackluster choices.  The idea that all the voters for Stein and Nader are uberliberals who would have voted Democratic if there had been no Green Party is sheer nonsense.  Not only that, but the presence of third parties likely made it a closer election than it otherwise would have been.  Without Johnson and McMullin, Trump certainly would have gained New Hampshire and maybe Minnesota.  Trump might have even won the popular vote, and at least kept the margin in the popular vote down to the size of his inauguration crowd.

Sure, not all Nader voters would've voted for Gore and not all Stein voters would've voted for Clinton. And yes, you're right about Johnson and McMullin, but I was simply responding to the idea that Stein voters didn't "make the difference", when in fact, her vote totals in the three states that mattered were greater than the D-R margin.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies