CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:59:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags  (Read 2049 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »

There is a lot of debate about what happened here, but, to my knowledge, none of y'all were at CPAC.  I was, so here is what happened: a liberal operative passed out Russian flags with Trump's name on it, and conservatives (mostly) took it because they thought it was funny and wanted the souvenir (I didn't get one).  Security took them away if they were out in the open during Trump's speech.  I did not see a single person actually waving them while Trump was speaking.

Right behind me, there was actually a protest incident.  Some guy screamed "you're a fascist" at President Trump and, after he was surrounded by security, he, like child, said "and your face is covered in poop" on his way out.

I will have more about CPAC on Sunday, but I wanted to clear this up!
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 09:56:36 PM »

There is a lot of debate about what happened here, but, to my knowledge, none of y'all were at CPAC.  I was, so here is what happened: a liberal operative passed out Russian flags with Trump's name on it, and conservatives (mostly) took it because they thought it was funny and wanted the souvenir (I didn't get one).  Security took them away if they were out in the open during Trump's speech.  I did not see a single person actually waving them while Trump was speaking.

Right behind me, there was actually a protest incident.  Some guy screamed "you're a fascist" at President Trump and, after he was surrounded by security, he, like child, said "and your face is covered in poop" on his way out.

Basically what I thought, though I bet not all of them knew it was the Russian flag, just saw it was red/white/blue with "TRUMP" on it...
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »

Basically what I thought, though I bet not all of them knew it was the Russian flag, just saw it was red/white/blue with "TRUMP" on it...

Three (broad group) types of people largely attend CPAC:

50% Well-off college students usually in a CR, YAF, or TPUSA chapter
25% Rich ideological older conservatives
25% WWC conservatives
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »

No, they were pro-Trump... the people taking them were probably just ignorant

Ok. Why am I wrong? What proof do you have that this isn't the type of scandal-mongering that routinely occurs at political events on both sides? This is trick is literally as old as democracy itself.

Spelling on the flag should be:

Трамп

to be genuine.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »

Which of course begs the question - what nefarious toxin did the liberal activist use to rob the CPAC attendees of ability to recognize a Russian flag, and of the ability to think that maybe holding a strange/Russian flag on an event that was on camera might be a bad idea?
Rjjr77
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 11:43:58 AM »

Which of course begs the question - what nefarious toxin did the liberal activist use to rob the CPAC attendees of ability to recognize a Russian flag, and of the ability to think that maybe holding a strange/Russian flag on an event that was on camera might be a bad idea?

Have you ever been to a political event? People take anything that isn't nailed down
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2017, 11:50:03 AM »

Pretty broad coalition of defeated monsters you got there - the Russians and the Confederates!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 12:55:35 AM »

How many people are flag nerds?  Granted, I would expect a higher proportion at an event like CPAC than the general populace, but even so some of them would have thought it was just a coincidence that white, blue and red were in the order of the Russian flag.

If they were going to worry about flags, it would have been about the perfidious Chilean flag emoji being used as a substitute for the Texan flag in text messages!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies