CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:46:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags  (Read 2058 times)
EnglishPete

« on: February 24, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »

The source of the problem has been idetified

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/24/shady-left-wing-operative-kicked-out-of-cpac-for-handing-out-russian-flags/
EnglishPete

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 04:45:52 PM »

By the way, while I welcome the rise of Russiaphilia, you guys do know this was a false flag (heh pun) right? This type of stuff goes on all the time.

Good example: During the Jeb Bush campaign in the leadup to the Iowa caucus, several of the people in the frontrow started heckling him and demanded they get paid "as promised by the flier." As it turned out, these were random students hired by a Rubio organizer and given fake fliers to make it seem as if Jeb had to pay people to fill his rallies. Though initially flustered because he's Jeb Bush and he's easily flustered, he eventually figured it out and turned the tables and exposed them. He was even telling the audience how
he had organized similar acts of sabotage against Reagan in 1980.

This is a garden variety dirty trick, one of the oldest in the book. It's not even that "dirty" to be honest. Good move on the part of whoever organized this. This is the kind of stuff that I wanted to do when I wanted to go into campaigns, and it's fun enough to drag me back in.
EnglishPete

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »

By the way, while I welcome the rise of Russiaphilia, you guys do know this was a false flag (heh pun) right? This type of stuff goes on all the time.

Good example: During the Jeb Bush campaign in the leadup to the Iowa caucus, several of the people in the frontrow started heckling him and demanded they get paid "as promised by the flier." As it turned out, these were random students hired by a Rubio organizer and given fake fliers to make it seem as if Jeb had to pay people to fill his rallies. Though initially flustered because he's Jeb Bush and he's easily flustered, he eventually figured it out and turned the tables and exposed them. He was even telling the audience how
he had organized similar acts of sabotage against Reagan in 1980.

This is a garden variety dirty trick, one of the oldest in the book. It's not even that "dirty" to be honest. Good move on the part of whoever organized this. This is the kind of stuff that I wanted to do when I wanted to go into campaigns, and it's fun enough to drag me back in.

And here is one of the live action trolls in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o49aM47qlw

Watching this i have to say that's spectacularly obnoxious live action trolling, he's certainly working hard at the roll. Like you say this kind of thing has gone on since forever and is just part of how politics works.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies