CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:45:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC scrambles to control damage after attendees wave Russian flags  (Read 2060 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 24, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »

No, they were pro-Trump... the people taking them were probably just ignorant

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »

No, they were pro-Trump... the people taking them were probably just ignorant

Ok. Why am I wrong? What proof do you have that this isn't the type of scandal-mongering that routinely occurs at political events on both sides? This is trick is literally as old as democracy itself.

I was responding to this post:
You people realize these were anti-Trump and anti-Russia flags, right???

I don't know what your post was about, I didn't read it.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 09:56:36 PM »

There is a lot of debate about what happened here, but, to my knowledge, none of y'all were at CPAC.  I was, so here is what happened: a liberal operative passed out Russian flags with Trump's name on it, and conservatives (mostly) took it because they thought it was funny and wanted the souvenir (I didn't get one).  Security took them away if they were out in the open during Trump's speech.  I did not see a single person actually waving them while Trump was speaking.

Right behind me, there was actually a protest incident.  Some guy screamed "you're a fascist" at President Trump and, after he was surrounded by security, he, like child, said "and your face is covered in poop" on his way out.

I will have more about CPAC on Sunday, but I wanted to clear this up!
Basically what I thought, though I bet not all of them knew it was the Russian flag, just saw it was red/white/blue with "TRUMP" on it...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies