Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:13:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 203386 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »
« edited: March 22, 2019, 07:51:13 AM by UWS »

INDIANA PRIMARY, 2016

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

« Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the Indiana primary. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and we can project that Donald Trump is leading in most of Indiana's western counties. »

Indiana Republican primary (25 % reported) - 57 delegates

Donald Trump : 39 %
Ted Cruz : 31 %
Marco Rubio : 27 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, it's a close race between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. »

Indiana Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 92 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Bernie Sanders : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 15 pm and we can project that Donald Trump wins most of Indiana's center counties, except for the Marion County (home to Indianapolis) and the Boone County both counties won by Marco Rubio. »

Indiana Republican primary (50 % reported) - 57 delegates

Donald Trump : 41 %
Ted Cruz : 30 %
Marco Rubio : 29 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Bernie Sanders is surrounding the Marion County won by Hillary Clinton. »

Indiana Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 92 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Bernie Sanders : 48 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can see that all the three Republican presidential candidates are sharing dominance in northeastern Indiana. Marco Rubio wins the Allen County (home to Fort Wayne). »

Indiana Republican primary (75 % reported) - 57 delegates

Donald Trump : 40 %
Marco Rubio : 30 %
Ted Cruz : 30 %

Indiana Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 92 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 49 %
Hillary Clinton : 47 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 45 pm and we can project that Donald Trump wins the Indiana Republican primary. So Ted Cruz has failed his last chance to surge and even got edged by Marco Rubio for second place in Indiana. »

Indiana Republican primary (100 % reported) - 57 delegates

Donald Trump : 41 % ✔ - 57 delegates
Marco Rubio : 30 % - 0 delegate
Ted Cruz : 29 % - 0 delegate

DONALD TRUMP WINS THE INDIANA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders wins Indiana. »

Indiana Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 92 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 52 % ✔ - 48 delegates
Hillary Clinton : 48 % - 44 delegates

BERNIE SANDERS WINS THE INDIANA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Anderson Cooper : « Wolf, I just learned that Ted Cruz drops out of the race after his loss in the Indiana primary. »

TED CRUZ DROPS OUT OF THE RACE

Wolf Blitzer : « So all the anti-Trump Republican primary voters are likely to go to Marco Rubio. Maybe tommorow the newspapers will say that despite losing this contest, Marco Rubio is the real winner of the Indiana primary, but we will see it in the next few weeks, especially in Nebraska, a rather conservative state who was favored to Cruz. We'll see you next week in the coverage of the primaries and caucuses in Nebraska, West Virginia and Guam. Have a good night. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:12 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:36:35 AM by UWS »

Republican Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Marco Rubio : 1033 delegates, 36.94 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 605 delegates, 28.68 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 360 delegates, 20.54 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 1.95 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.51 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.24 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.12 % of the vote
Rand Paul : 1 delegate, 0.08 % of the vote
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate, 0.04 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.15 % of the vote
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate, 0.04 % of the vote
Rick Santorum : 0 delegate, 0.02 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total
1237 delegates needed to win the nomination

Democratic Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Hillary Clinton : 2020 delegates, 45.67 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 1566 delegates, 38.39 % of the vote
Martin O'Malley : 0 delegate, 0.02 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
2382 delegates needed to win the nomination
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 06:22:28 PM by UWS »

CNN
Indiana Republican primary exit polls

Men (53 %)               Women (47 %)

Cruz                  27 %                          27 %
Rubio                25 %                            29 %
Trump               48 %                            44 %

18-29 (12 %)              30-44 (26 %)         45-64 (45 %)         65 and older (17 %)

Cruz                  23 %                            30 %                      28 %                     33 %
Rubio               34 %                             29 %                      22 %                      21 %
Trump               43 %                          41 %                       50 %                      46 %

Race

White (94 %)              Non-white (6 %)      
Cruz                  31 %                             n/a                                                                    
Rubio                22 %                          n/a                                            
Trump              47 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (33 %)       Somewhat conservative (44 %)         Moderate (23 %)        
Cruz                  40 %                           25 %                                               15 %                            
Rubio                25 %                           35 %                                                   39 %                    
Trump              35 %                       40 %                                                  46 %

Most important issue

Immigration (11 %)         Economy/Jobs (40 %)         Terrorism (18 %)        Govt. spending (28 %)

Cruz                  25 %                          21 %                           21 %                      40 %
Rubio                 9 %                             35 %                        37 %                      33 %
Trump                66 %                            44 %                         42 %                       27 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (10 %)          Shares my values (32 %)    Tells it like it is (22 %)  Can bring change (33 %)

Cruz                  24 %                           36 %                                        7 %                        17 %
Rubio                40 %                           46 %                                      11 %                         24 %  
Trump              36 %                            18 %                                     82 %                         59 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 07:53:37 AM by UWS »

Ted Cruz drops out of the race and endorses Marco Rubio

From the beginning, I said that I would continue on as long as there was a viable path to victory. Tonight, I'm sorry to say it appears that path has been foreclosed. Together, we left it all the field in Indiana. We gave it everything we've got but the voters chose another path. And so with a heavy heart but with boundless optimisim for the long term future of our nation, we are suspending our campaign. But hear me now our fight for liberty is not over.

[APPLAUSE]

I am not suspending our fight to defend the Constitution, to defend the Judeo-Christian values that built America.

[APPLAUSE]

Our movement will continue and I give you my word that I will continue this fight with all my strength and all of my ability.

[APPLAUSE]

Our fight for America's cause is not over because right now the race for the Republican nomination is between Donald Trump, a populist liberal, and Marco Rubio, a conservative Republican.

I can't afford to endorse a liberal like Donald Trump who will take away our people's Second Amendment rights, who will do nothing to stop abortion and make sure that unborn children will earn the right to live and who will withdraw America from NATO, which will hand a victory to ISIS, to international radical Islamic terrorism, to Iran and to Vladimir Putin, thus reinforcing international terrorism, allow Iran to get nuclear weapons and increase tyranny around the world. My friends, time has come for a conservative voice and that's why I endorse my friend Senator Marco Rubio, the only remaining real conservative in this race.

[APPLAUSE]

Marco Rubio will defend the Constitution of the United States. He will not allow abortion in any circumstance. He will restore integrity. He will balance the budget. He will promote free market policies to ensure massive economic growth and to bring prosperity back to America. He will modernize our military, he will reinforce our alliances and he will defeat ISIS and Vladimir Putin's expansionist agenda.

[APPLAUSE]

As he demonstrated throughout his career in the Senate, Marco has all the required experience to accomplish all of these goals. That's why, with great enthusiasm, I endorse Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States of America. I will help him to win the Republican nomination and I will help him to beat Hillary Clinton in the general election.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.

[APPLAUSE]

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2017, 05:24:47 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2018, 01:32:25 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's speech after the Indiana primary

Rally's opening music theme : John Williams' Raiders' March (Indiana Jones music theme) since the primary was held in Indiana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bTpp8PQSog

Thank you Indiana.

The road to the nomination is now not long.

We just learned that Ted Cruz has announced that he suspended his campaign. I congratulate him for the campaign he led for the conservative cause and for America's cause. I thank him for all he did for our country. And I am proud to have received his endorsement. Our party is united

As Ted said, I am the only remaining conservative in this race. We need a conservative to lead our party and to win the White House. That way, we will be able to establish our agenda that will promote free market, create jobs, restaure our manufacturing industry through tax cuts for manufacturing companies. We will defend American values. We will reinforce and modernize our military and we will defeat ISIS.

Donald Trump is not a real conservative. He will not be able to accomplish these goals. He doesn't have the experience to do all these things. He doesn't know how the economy works : he opposes free market, embraces populism and considers taxing the American people to pay his wall if Mexico refuses to do it. He will be unable to defeat terrorism since he wants to withdraw us from NATO in addition of encouraging terrorist propaganda with his controversial comments on Muslims. Donald Trump is not a champion of American values : he has contempt for the Constitution of the United States since he doesn't understand and doesn't respect the right of to speak and the freedom of press both defended by the First Amendment. In the past, he was in favor of stricter gun control, which is in violation of the Second Amendment.

So folks, if you want to put America on the right direction for a better and brighter future through permanent economic prosperity, international security and protection of American values, then I am your leader.

Now, it's Go West, young man! We will win Nebraska, Oregon, the Washington state, South Dakota, Montana, New Mexico and California, all states that will determine the outcome of this race for the Republican nomination. We will win.

Thank you, God bless you, God bless Indiana and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2017, 05:38:51 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2018, 12:19:32 PM by UWS »

New polls

After Ted Cruz dropped out of the race and endorsed Marco Rubio, the Florida Senator, now the clear frontrunner of the Republican race, made massive progress in the polls by getting most of Cruz's former supporters, which could help him to win the Republican nomination. So we can say that Senator Rubio is the real winner of the Indiana primary. Right now, he leads Donald Trump in the national polls with 58 % of the voting intentions over Trump's 39 %. He makes the best performance in general election polls against Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, which is another factor of Rubio's superiority over Trump.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Undecided : 3 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 40 %
Undecided : 11 %

Nebraska polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 56 %
Donald Trump : 38 %
Undecided : 6 %

West Virginia polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 47 %
Donald Trump : 47 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 45 %
Hillary Clinton : 37 %
Undecided : 18 %

Oregon polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 60 %
Donald Trump : 37 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 37 %
Bernie Sanders : 36 %
Undecided : 27 %

Kentucky polls

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 43 %
Bernie Sanders : 38 %
Undecided : 19 %

Washington polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 61 %
Donald Trump : 36 %

General election polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 51 %

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Donald Trump: 41 %

Bernie Sanders vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 50 %
Bernie Sanders : 47 %

Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump

Bernie Sanders : 51 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #181 on: March 31, 2017, 06:25:32 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 08:25:29 AM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

After Ted Cruz dropped out of the race for the Republican nomination, Marco Rubio, now the clear Republican frontrunner, has received many major endorsements. In addition of Cruz's endorsement, the Florida Senator is endorsed by Carly Fiorina and former Texas Governor Rick Perry, both former rivals for the nomination. Ahead of the Republican primaries in Nebraska and West Virginia, Rubio also received endorsements from West Virginia Senator Shelley Moore Capito and Nebraska Senators Ben Sasse and Deb Fischer.

Two-man race in the Republican race

After Ted Cruz's withdrawal, the race for the Republican presidential nomination has become a two-man race between Marco Rubio and Donald Trump. This is the first two-man race in a Republican primary race since 1980. The West seems to be the key to the nomination since Rubio will need more than California to get to 1237 delegates, while Donald Trump will need all of them if no only California to have a chance to win the nomination in a brokered convention.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #182 on: March 31, 2017, 07:54:37 AM »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule

May 4, 2016
-Flight to Omaha, Nebraska
-Foreign policy speech at Offut Air Force Base in Omaha, NE
-Health care policy speech at Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE
-Infrastructure and economic policy speech at Union Pacific Railroad headquarters in Omaha, NE
-Fundraising dinner with the voters and the donors at the Godfather's Pizza headquarters in Omaha, NE
-Agriculture policy speech in Omaha, NE, alongside Ben Sasse
-Rally at the CenturyLink Center Omaha in Omaha, NE
-Barnstorm in Florence, NE
-Bus trip to Bellevue, NE
-Barnstorm in Bellevue, NE

May 5, 2016
-Bus trip to Lincoln, NE
-Abortion policy speech in Lincoln, NE
-Gun policy speech in Lincoln, NE
-Energy policy speech in Lincoln, NE
-Foreign policy speech at Lincoln Air National Guard Base in Lincoln, NE
-Manufacturing policy speech at Duncan Aviation headquarters in Lincoln, NE
-Meet with college voters at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, NE
-Rally at the Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE, alongside Ted Cruz
-Bus trip to Grand Island, NE
-Barnsotrm in Grand Island, NE

May 6, 2016
-Bus trip to Charleston, West Virginia
-Energy policy at Appalachian Power headquarters in Charleston, WV
-Rally at the Appalachian Power Park in Charleston, WV
-Meet with the voters and the voters at Charleston Town Center, WV
-Barnstorm in Charleston, WV
-Bus trip to Huntington, WV
-Meet with college voters at Marshall university in Huntington, WV
-Trade policy speech at the Port of Huntington Tri-State in Huntington, WV
-Energy policy speech in Huntington, WV
-Foreign policy speech and Veteran policy speech at Memorial Arch in Huntington, WV

May 7, 2016
-Bus trip to Parkersburg, WV
-Energy policy speech at the Oil and Gas Museum in Parkersburg, WV
-Speech at the Sumnerite African-American History Museum in Parkersburg, WV
-Barnstorm in Parkersburg, WV
-Bus trip to Vienna, WV
-Meet with college voters at Ohio Valley University in Vienna, WV
-Bus trip to Wheeling, WV
-Town hall meeting at Capitol Theatre Wheeling in Wheeling, WV
-Energy policy speech in Wheeling, WV
-Barnstorm in Wheeling, WV

May 8, 2016
-Bus trip to Morgantown, WV
-Meet with college voters at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV
-Economic policy speech in Morgantown, WV
-Energy policy speech in Morgantown, WV
-Bus trip to Fairmont, WV
-Coal policy speech in Fairmont, WV
-Meet with college voters at Fairmont State Universit in Fairmont, WV
-Barnstorm in Fairmont, WV
-Bus trip to Weirton, WV
-Manufacturing policy speech in Weirton, WV
-Energy policy speech in Weirton, WV, in favor of Rubio's proposed Transcontinental pipeline from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles
-Flight to Kearney, NE
-Economic policy speech at Clarcor facility in Kearney, NE

May 9, 2016
-Bus trip to Fremont, NE
-Agriculture policy speech in Fremont, NE
-Bus trip to Norfolk, NE
-Barnstorm in Norfolk, NE
-Bus trip to North Platte, NE
-Barnstorm in North Platte, NE
-Bus trip to Columbus, NE
-Economic policy speech at Lincoln Highway Garage in Columbus, NE
-Infrastructure policy speech in Columbus, NE

May 10, 2016
-Bus trip to Omaha, NE
-Manufacturing policy speech at Veyance Technologies Inc. facility in Omaha, NE
-Watch the coverage of the Republican primaries in Nebraska and West Virginia at the Hotel Deco XV in Omaha, NE
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 08:24:54 AM by UWS »

The Washington Post

Political Geography: Tales from the campaign trail

Nebraska

Donald Trump focused his efforts on rural and disfavored areas in Nebraska in an effort to win among rural and evangelical voters, a task that seems difficult for the real estate mogul since Cruz former supporters shifted their support to Rubio after Cruz's withdrawal.
↓↘

Marco Rubio focused mostly on eastern Nebraska, a more urban, more populated and more moderate region in which Barack Obama did well in 2008, thus allowing to win one great elector in Nebraska's second Congressional District on Election Day. Since many Cruz former supporters gave their support to Rubio, the Florida Senator could also perform well in Nebraska's more conservative and rural counties in the center and the West.

West Virginia

Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are hoping to do well in West Virginia's western counties, where many coal jobs were lost since the 1970s. They both promote energy independence through encouraging oil and gas drilling, coal mining, etc. Marco Rubio promised proposed TransAmerica pipeline (that would go from Philadelphia to Los Angeles) would pass by West Virginia, which could help him to win among local coal workers.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2017, 06:54:20 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 12:36:27 AM by UWS »

WEST VIRGINIA, NEBRASKA AND GUAM PRIMARIES AND CAUCUSES, 2016

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we are covering the primaries in Nebraska, West Virginia and Guam. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 pm. Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are battling for supremacy in the southern counties. »

West Virginia Republican caucuses (25 % reported) - 34 delegates

Marco Rubio : 47 %
Donald Trump : 44 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democrat side, Bernie Sanders is leading largely after sweeping the region I just mentionned.

West Virginia Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 37 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 47 %[/b]
Hillary Clinton : 36 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 15 pm and Marco Rubio wins most of West Virginia's center counties as well as the Kanawha county (Charleston's location) and the Cabell county (Huntington's location). »

West Virginia Republican caucuses (50 % reported) - 34 delegates

Donald Trump : 45 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Bernie Sanders narrowly wins these two counties, thus increasing his lead.

West Virginia Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 37 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 51 %[/b]
Hillary Clinton : 39 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and Marco Rubio dominates in the western counties, including in the Wood county (Parkersburg's location) while Donald Trump wins the Ohio county (Wheeling's location). »

West Virginia Republican caucuses (75 % reported) - 34 delegates

Donald Trump : 45 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Bernie Sanders narrowly wins these two counties, thus increasing his lead.

West Virginia Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 37 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 55 %[/b]
Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 45 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio wins the West Virginia Republican primary. »

West Virginia Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 34 delegates

Marco Rubio : 54 % ✔ - 34 delegates
Donald Trump : 46 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE WEST VIRGINIA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, we can project that Bernie Sanders will win the West Virginia Democratic primary. His victory must be due to his clear determination to fight fossil energy and to invest in renewable energies. »

West Virginia Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 37 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 58 % ✔ - 21 delegates
Hillary Clinton : 42 % - 16 delegates

BERNIE SANDERS WINS THE WEST VIRGINIA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 pm and Marco Rubio wins most of Nebraska's center counties. »

Nebraska Republican primary (25 % reported) - 36 delegates

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Donald Trump : 42 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 15 pm and Marco Rubio sweeps most of Nebraska's eastern counties, including the Douglas County (home to Omaha) and the Lancaster County (home to Lincoln). »

Nebraska Republican primary (50 % reported) - 36 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 30 pm. Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are sharing supremacy in western Nebraska. »

Nebraska Republican primary (75 % reported) - 36 delegates

Marco Rubio : 59 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 45 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio will win the Nebraska Republican primary. »

Nebraska Republican primary (100 % reported) - 36 delegates

Marco Rubio : 62 % ✔ - 36 delegates
Donald Trump : 38 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE NEBRASKA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 pm and we can project that Hillary Clinton wins the Guam Democratic caucuses. »

Guam Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 12 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 60 % ✔ - 9 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 40 % - 3 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE GUAM DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « Next week, we'll see you as we will be covering the Oregon primary as well Kentucky Democratic primary. Good night. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2017, 07:10:26 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:37:02 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 1103 delegates, 37.8 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 605 delegates, 29.23 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 360 delegates, 19.7 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 1.87 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.49 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.23 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.12 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.15 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 2045 delegates, 45.9 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 1590 delegates, 38.85 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2017, 07:44:59 AM by UWS »

CNN
West Virginia Republican primary exit polls

Men (51 %)               Women (49 %)

Rubio                45 %                            56 %
Trump               55 %                            44 %

18-29 (17 %)              30-44 (26 %)         45-64 (40 %)         65 and older (17 %)

Rubio                60 %                             59 %              46 %                      39 %
Trump              40 %                          41 %                        54 %                      61 %

Race

White (97 %)              Non-white (3 %)                                        
Rubio                48 %                          n/a                                            
Trump              52 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (40 %)       Somewhat conservative (39 %)         Moderate (21 %)        
Rubio            55 %                           59 %                                             67 %                    
Trump              45 %                            41 %                                                  33 %

Most important issue

Immigration (9 %)         Economy/Jobs (56 %)         Terrorism (13 %)        Govt. spending (19 %)

Rubio                 n/a                             57 %                        n/a                      62 %
Trump                n/a                            43 %                         n/a                       38 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (8 %)          Shares my values (30 %)    Tells it like it is (23 %)  Can bring change (36 %)

Rubio                n/a                           70 %                             18 %                           21 %  
Trump              n/a                            30 %                                     82 %                         79 %

CNN
Nebraska Republican primary exit polls

Men (53 %)               Women (47 %)

Rubio                64 %                            68 %
Trump               36 %                            32 %

18-29 (8 %)              30-44 (14 %)         45-64 (40 %)         65 and older (37 %)

Rubio                n/a                             68 %             74 %                      69 %
Trump              n/a                          32 %                        26 %                      31 %

Race

White (95 %)              Non-white (5 %)                                       
Rubio                70 %                           n/a                                             
Trump              30 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (34 %)       Somewhat conservative (45 %)         Moderate (21 %)         
Rubio            71 %                           74 %                                             77 %                     
Trump              29 %                            26 %                                                  23 %

Most important issue

Immigration (16 %)         Economy/Jobs (32 %)         Terrorism (19 %)        Govt. spending (29 %)

Rubio                 19 %                             61 %                        69 %                      59 %
Trump                81 %                            39 %                         31                       41 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (11 %)          Shares my values (30 %)    Tells it like it is (28 %)  Can bring change (29 %)

Rubio                75 %                           79 %                             16 %                           36 % 
Trump              25 %                            21 %                                     84 %                         64 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2017, 05:41:02 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 08:36:39 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Omaha, Nebraska

Thank you Nebraska, thank you West Virginia.

We made a step closer to the nomination we now need only less than 200 delegates to reach the finish line.

I'm proud to see our party uniting against insanity, intolerance and hatred. I'm proud to see our party selecting the path to victory. I'm proud to see our party uniting to start the real campaign against Hillary Clinton as we will be offering an alternative to corruption, insecurity, division, big government and weakness. This alternative will lead us to a new American century through energy independence, stronger American competition in the world economy, education reform, balanced budget, small business championing and stronger US military to fight terrorism and tyranny.

Let's go to Oregon to bring this message, to unite this party and to clear this path to prosperity, security and national unity.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »

New polls

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 41 %
Undecided : 12 %

Oregon polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 62 %
Undecided : 2 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 48 %
Bernie Sanders : 33 %

Kentucky polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 38 %

Washington polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 63 %
Undecided : 1 %

General election polls

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Hillary Clinton : 45 %

Hillary Clinton : 51 %
Donald Trump: 40 %

Marco Rubio : 49 %

Bernie Sanders : 52 %
Donald Trump : 37 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2017, 02:29:11 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 10:11:03 AM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

Senator Marco Rubio received many new endorsements, including former President George W. Bush, Texas Senator John Cornyn, former US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, South Dakota Senator John Thune as well as actor and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzennegger.

Former Speaker of the House John Boehner is still in reflection on who he would endorse between Marco Rubio and Donald Trump.

Brawl between Rubio and Trump on immigration

Yesterday, during a rally in Portland, Oregon, Donald Trump accused his rival Marco Rubio of encouraging amnesty for illegal immigrants by suggesting that we should allow children of illegals to pay in-state college tuition.

Senator Rubio, the Republican frontrunner for his party's presidential nomination, striked back :

« It's clear that Donald Trump is ready to say or do anything to win the nomination and the presidency, even through lies, bullying, cheating or insults now that he can't get to 1237. Three months ago, he accused Ted Cruz of cheating during the Iowa caucuses, so that's funny that Donald Trump has become himself the cheater. Saying that allowing college tuitions for children of illegal immigrants provides amnesty is absolutely not true. Because it will make sure that illegal immigrant families pay taxes and it will give their kids a chance to learn English, which will facilitate their integration to our society, and to earn the opportunity to earn a high-quality education. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2017, 02:30:43 PM »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule

May 11, 2016
-Flight to Eugene, Oregon
-Meet with college voters at the University of Oregon in Eugene, OR
-Fundraising event at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts in Eugene, OR
-Town hall meeting at the Eugene Public Library in Eugene, OR
-Rally at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, OR
-Barnstorm in Eugene, OR
-Bus trip to Salem, OR

May 12, 2016
-Immigration policy speech in Salem, OR
-Free trade policy speech in Salem, OR
-Size of government policy speech in Salem, OR
-Speech at the Mark Hatfield Library in Salem, OR
-Meet with college voters at Willamette University in Salem, OR
-Bus trip to Portland, OR

May 13, 2016
-Foreign policy speech at the Military Processing Station in Portland, OR
-Immigration policy speech in Portland, OR
-Speech at the Hispanic Metropolitan Chamber in Portland, OR
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of Portland in Portland, OR
-Manufacturing policy speech in Oregon Steel Mills headquarters in Portland, OR
-Economic policy speech at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland, OR
-Supper with the voters at Widmer Brewing Company headquarters in Portland, OR
-Rally at Providence Park in Portland, OR

May 14, 2016
-Rally at the Moda Center in Portland, OR
-Economic policy speech at Schnitzer Steel Industries headquarters in Portland, OR
-Meet with college voters at Portland State University in Portland, OR
-Infrastructure policy speech in Portland, OR
-Bus trip to Gresham, OR
-Barnstorm in Gresham, OR

May 15, 2016   
-Bus trip to Hillsboro, OR
-Immigration policy speech in Hillsboro, OR
-Economic policy speech at Intel facility in Hillsboro, OR
-Economic policy speech in Nike facility in Hillsboro, OR
-Manufacturing policy speech at Qorvo facility in Hillsboro, OR
-Innovation policy speech at RadiSys Corporation headquarters in Hillsboro, OR
-Foreign policy speech in Hillsboro, OR
-Rally at Ron Tonkin Field in Hillsboro, OR

May 16, 2016   
-Bus trip to Beaverton, OR
-Barnstorm in Beaverton, OR
-Bus trip to Bend, OR
-Town hall meeting in Tower Theatre in Bend, OR
-Barnstorm in Bend, OR
-Rally at Vince Genna Stadium in Bend, OR
-Bus trip to Medford, OR
-Barnstorm in Medford, OR

May 17, 2016   
-Bus trip to Springfield, OR
-Barnstorm in Springfield, OR
-Bus trip to Corvallis, OR
-Barnstorm in Corvallis, OR
-Bus trip to Portland, OR
-Barnstorm in Portland, OR
-Fundraising event in Portland, OR
-Watch the coverage of the Oregon Republican primary at the Heathman Hotel in Portland, OR
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2019, 10:12:29 AM by UWS »

The Washington Post

Political Geography: Tales from the campaign trail

Oregon

The issue of the Oregon Republican primary seems to depend on who will do well in western counties that are more urban, especially in Portland, Salem and Eugene, though the eastern part of Oregon, where most of the voters are conservative, could also make the difference. That's why Marco Rubio and Donald Trump focused their efforts in these regions.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #192 on: April 04, 2017, 05:37:19 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 01:06:43 AM by UWS »

OREGON AND KENTUCKY PRIMARIES, 2016

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we cover the Republican and Democratic primaries in Oregon as well as the Democratic primary in Kentucky. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are sharing dominance in Oregon's eastern counties but Rubio is on the lead. »

Oregon Republican primary (25 % reported) - 28 delegates

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Donald Trump : 32 %      

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders imposes his supremacy in eastern Oregon. »

Oregon Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 74 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 51 %
Hillary Clinton : 40 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 15 pm and Marco Rubio wins most of Oregon's western counties, including the Multnomah County (home to Portland and Gresham) and the Marion County (home to Salem). »

Oregon Republican primary (50 % reported) - 28 delegates

Donald Trump : 34 %      

Wolf Blitzer : « Bernie Sanders is accomplishing the same performance. »

Oregon Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 74 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 53 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 30 pm. Marco Rubio dominates in Oregon's southwestern counties, including in the Lane County (home to Eugene). »

Oregon Republican primary (75 % reported) - 28 delegates

Marco Rubio : 62 %
Donald Trump : 35 %      

Oregon Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 74 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 55 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 45 pm. The Oregon Republicans will go to Marco Rubio. »

Oregon Republican primary (100 % reported) - 28 delegates

Marco Rubio : 65 % ✔ - 20 delegates
Donald Trump : 35 % - 8 delegates

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE OREGON REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : «  We can project that Bernie Sanders wins the Oregon Democratic primary. »

Oregon Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 74 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 56 % ✔ - 41 delegates
Hillary Clinton : 44 % - 33 delegates

BERNIE SANDERS WINS THE OREGON DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Let's turn our attention to Kentucky where we can see a close race between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders as 50 % of the local vote is reported. Clinton won the Jefferson County (home to Louisville) and the Jefferson County (home to Lexington) while Bernie Sanders wins in most rural counties, especially in eastern and western Kentucky. »

Kentucky Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 60 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 pm and Hillary Clinton is making progress after narrowly edging Bernie Sanders in the Franklin County (home to Frankfort). »

Kentucky Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 60 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 : 15 pm and we can project that Hillary Clinton wins the Kentucky Democratic primary. »

Kentucky Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 60 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 52 % ✔ -  31 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 48 % - 29 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE KENTUCKY DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Next week, we'll be covering the Washington Republican primary. Good night ladies and gentlemen. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #193 on: April 04, 2017, 07:17:10 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:38:01 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 1123 delegates, 38.34 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 613 delegates, 29.34 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 360 delegates, 19.31 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 1.83 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.48 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.23 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.11 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.14 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 2109 delegates, 44.15 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 1660 delegates, 37.82 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #194 on: April 04, 2017, 09:01:35 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 01:11:29 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Portland, Oregon

Tonight the people of Oregon are sending a loud and clear message, we will decide the next President of the United States, not the mainstream media. It's time to take our country back.

I thank President Bush as well as Secretary Rice and Governor Schwarzenegger for their endorsements. Their support will help us to win the California primary, the contest that will determine who will be the nominee of this great party. We will win.

For now let's go to the Washington state to bring our message for a more prosperous, safer and more united America, all elements of a New American Century.

Thank you. God bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »

Oh how I wish this actually happened in real life
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: April 04, 2017, 09:14:15 PM »

Oh how I wish this actually happened in real life

Thanks.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #197 on: April 04, 2017, 09:29:38 PM »

New polls

Now that Donald Trump is mathematically eliminated and can't get 1237 delegates, many undecided Republican primary voters who don't want their national convention in Cleveland to be brokered decided to throw their support to Marco Rubio who has the best chance of becoming the Republican nominee.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 60 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 44 %
Bernie Sanders : 42 %
Undecided : 14 %

Washington polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 63 %

California polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Undecided : 5 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 46 %
Bernie Sanders : 44 %
Undecided : 10 %

New Mexico polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 67 %
Donald Trump : 31 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Bernie Sanders : 28 %

Montana polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 53 %
Undecided : 7 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 55 %

South Dakota polls

Republicans

Democrats

New Jersey polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 54 %
Marco Rubio : 40 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 54 %
Bernie Sanders : 40 %

General election polls

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Hillary Clinton : 44 %

Donald Trump: 40 %

Bernie Sanders : 48 %

Bernie Sanders : 53 %
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #198 on: April 04, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »

It's a great timeline but I was also commenting on the fact that how I wished we had presidnet rubio instead of president trump
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2017, 05:25:53 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 08:37:08 AM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

Marco Rubio received important endorsements that could boost him in the California Republican primary and propel him to the Republican nomination : Michael Reagan, political commentator and son of former President Ronald Reagan, and Kevin McCarthy, the House Majority Leader.

« Like my father did during his presidency, Marco Rubio will defend conservative principles and promote free market, thus making America prosperous. He will keep our country safe and defeat the forces of evil. » said Mr. Reagan during his statement explaining why he endorsed the Florida Senator.

Rubio is also endorsed by former Speaker of the House John Boehner.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies