Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:18:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 203864 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »

UWS, nice timeline, but why is hillary winning virginia in this scenario, and why is PA so much closer than other comparable states?
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2017, 09:45:07 PM »

UWS, nice timeline, but why is hillary winning virginia in this scenario, and why is PA so much closer than other comparable states?

Hillary is winning Virginia because of Tim Kaine (who is Senator of Virginia) and for Pennsylvania I forgot to change the poll standings.

Thanks.

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2017, 07:44:45 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:15:49 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New Jersey is now a battleground state

Due to Marco Rubio's strong standing in the polls and to the growing terrorist threat, thus making foreign policy/terrorism the main issue of this election, New Jersey has become a new battleground state after not voting Republican since 1988. In fact, according to a new poll, Hillary Clinton is leading Marco Rubio in New Jersey by only one percentage point (48 % for Clinton and 47 % for Rubio). It is also due to the fact that Rubio is doing well among Hispanics, a group that is representing 17.7 % of New Jersey.

We can also hear another factor of Rubio's success in New Jersey from an Independent voter who decided to vote for the Florida Senator.

Reporter : While New Jersey usually votes Democrat strongly in presidential elections, Senator Rubio seems to be doing well here and could become the first Republican to win New Jersey since 1988. We wanted to know the factor of this progress with an explanation from an Independent voter. So why do you think Marco Rubio is doing so well in such a blue state like New Jersey?

Voter : Well, we have to understand that under Governor Chris Christie, New Jersey suffered corruption due to the Bridgegate in 2013.

And right now, we've got Hillary Clinton who is bringing much more baggage, who is also a corrupted politician since she let 4 U.S. ambassadors die in Benghazi in 2012 and lied about their deaths. Her campaign is receiving money from foreign governments, she used a private email server as Secretary of State and she deleted 30 000 emails in order to hide the truth from the American people, which is allowing our nation's foes to hijack these emails to put lives in danger around the world. So if Hillary Clinton is elected, corruption will be permanent in the White House and New Jersey is tired of corruption.

That's why me, my family and my friends decided to vote for Marco Rubio. He is the only one who can restore integrity and restore our trust in our government. He will keep us safe against ISIS and international terrorism thanks to a stronger military, stronger homeland security and stronger alliances. I think that's why New Jersey is now a toss-up and could vote Rubio in November.

Vladimir Putin expresses concerns about the outcome of the U.S. presidential election

No matter who wins the U.S. presidential election on November 8, Russian president Vladimir Putin is expressing concerns about the eventuality of both a Clinton presidency or a Rubio presidency.

His concerns are due, notably, to his bad relations with Clinton and to Rubio's strongly hawkish foreign policy agenda that would expand NATO (especially with the integration of Ukraine, Montenegro and Georgia in NATO), increase military support to Ukraine in order to defeat the local pro-Russian rebellion and to end Russia's occupation of Crimea and would help moderate Syrian rebels to overthrow Bachar el-Assad after the annihilation of ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2017, 08:20:05 AM »

Yay for battleground NJ!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »

Rubio/Haley 2016
A New American Century

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule

October 5, 2016
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Economic policy speech in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Henderson, Nevada
-Small government policy speech in Henderson, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Boulder City, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Mesquite, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Paradise, Nevada
-Fundraising event at Wynn Resorts in Paradise, Nevada
-Meet with voters in Reno, Nevada
-Speech at the Latino Business Chamber of Commerce in Reno, Nevada in an effort to win among Hispanic voters for the National Hispanic Heritage Month (that is from September 15 to October 15)

October 6, 2016
-Flight to Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Meet with voters in Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Foreign policy speech at Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Rally with voters at Isotopes Park in Albuquerque, New Mexico
-Speech in Spanish at the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico in an effort to win among undecided Hispanic voters
-Meet with voters in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
-Energy policy speech in Rio Rancho, New Mexico
-Meet with voters in Santa Fe, New Mexico
-Free trade policy speech in Santa Fe, New Mexico
-Immigration policy speech in Santa Fe, New Mexico
-School choice policy speech in Santa Fe, New Mexico
-Meet with voters in Las Cruces, New Mexico

October 7, 2016
-Flight to Des Moines, Iowa
-Meet with voters in Des Moines, North English, Le Mars, Sioux City, Davenport, Cedar Rapids and Ames, Iowa

October 8, 2016
-Marco Rubio makes debate practices with Mitt Romney ahead of the second presidential debate

October 9, 2016
-Debate preparations with Mitt Romney
-Flight to St. Louis, Missouri
-Marco Rubio debates with Hillary Clinton during the second presidential debate at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri

Nikki Haley's campaign schedule
October 5-9, 2016
-Haley campaigns for Rubio in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa and New Hampshire
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2017, 09:48:24 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:28:55 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign ads (from late September to early October)

1. Victory through carefulness

In an effort to win among voters who selected foreign policy as the most important issue, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad narrating Marco Rubio's plan to arm the right groups in the Middle East in order to fight ISIS.

The ad airs in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada.

Victory through Carefulness advertisement narration

Narrator : While America and its allies are fighting ISIS in Syria and Iraq, the Obama administration is arming Syrian rebel groups in an effort to intensify our fight against radical Islamic terrorism in the Middle East.

But there are some of these groups that we know nothing about and have ties with radical Islamic terrorist groups such as ISIS, Al Qaeda, Al Nosra, etc. in addition of fighting for them. And yet, the Obama administration blindly keeps arming these rebels, which risks of giving the upper hand to terrorists and of making Syria a safe haven for terrorism. These are policies that Hillary Clinton seeks to pursue.

Marco Rubio has a better plan to fight jihadism. In addition of providing the Kurds in weapons, he will put in place background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them, which will help us to learn more about these rebels and to determine which of them are fighting for terrorist groups and don't deserve weapons and which rebels are really fighting ISIS and need to be materially supported. That way, we will deprive terrorists of weapons and support only anti-ISIS forces, which will get us as many anti-jihadist forces as possible. That will be a great step to our victory against ISIS as well as to peace, freedom, security and stability in the Middle East.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

2. Todos Somos Americanos

In an effort to attract Hispanic voters, their fellow Hispanic Marco Rubio enjoys the National Hispanic Heritage Month (set from September 15 to October 15 annually) to broadcast an ad in Spanish praising Hispanics' cultural heritage and their contribution to America's diversity and developement.

The ad airs in Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada

Todos Somos Americanos advertisement narration

Los Estados Unidos de América es un gran pais. Gracias a las personas que vienen de todas partes del mundo, contribuyendo a nuestra economia y comunidad. Nuestras culturas tienen mucho en comun.

Para mi la cultura hispana es muy importante y positiva. Nuestros valores son muy parecidos. Los hispanos contribuyen cada dia mas a nuestra cultura, son parte integral del sueno americano. Por esos motivos y mas, yo los invito que celevren el mes de la herencia hispana, porque Todos Somos Americanos!

Soy Marco Rubio y appruebo este mensaje.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2017, 07:23:23 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:49:13 PM by UWS »

Second Presidential Debate

Date : October 9, 2016

Place : Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri

Moderators : Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz

Podium order :

Rubio       Clinton

Martha Raddatz : Good evening. I'm Martha Raddatz from ABC News.

Anderson Cooper : And I'm Anderson Cooper from CNN. We want to welcome you to Washington University in St. Louis for the second presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Marco Rubio sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Tonight’s debate is a town hall format which gives voters the chance to directly ask the candidates questions. Martha and I will ask follow-up questions but the night really belongs to the people in this room and to people across the country who have submitted questions online.

Martha Raddatz : The people you see on this stage were chosen by the Gallup organization, they are all from the St. Louis area and told Gallup they haven’t committed to a candidate. Each of them came here with questions they wanted to ask and we saw those questions for the first time this morning. Anderson and I and our team from ABC and CNN are the only ones who have seen them. Both candidates will have two minutes to answer each audience and online question we hope to get to as many questions as we can. So we’ve asked the audience here not to slow things down with any applause, except for now.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Republican nominee for President, Marco Rubio, and the Democratic nominee for President, Hillary Clinton.

[APPLAUSE FROM THE AUDIENCE AS MARCO RUBIO AND HILLARY CLINTON ARRIVE ON THE DEBATE STAGE, SHAKE HANDS AND SIT ON THEIR CHAIRS]

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2017, 08:03:30 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:51:48 PM by UWS »

Second Presidential Debate, Part 1

Cooper : Thank you very much for being here. We're going to begin with a question from one of the members in our town hall. Each of you will have two minutes to respond to this question. Secretary Clinton, you won the coin toss, so you'll go first. Our first question comes from Carl Johnson.

Question : Thank you, and good evening. As a coal miner, I'm worrying about our energy industry's decline due to what many people call as Obama's « war on coal » when regulations on coal industry killed jobs in the energy industry and brought some of these jobs overseas. What is your plan to ensure a clean energy policy while making sure that coal miners like me will have jobs?

Clinton : Thank you for the question Carl. Some would say there's a "war on coal" going on. This isn't entirely true. No one wants to see coal miners deprived of their livelyhoods, but the fact remains our coal, as well as our other fossil fuel reserves, aren't going to last forever. People need to prepare for the future, be it in another industry, such as the service or tourism industries, going to, or back to school, to get a job in another industry, such as finance, or politics. The future of our economy lies in renewable energies. Our environmental interests don't rule out our economic interests. What we have to do is to invest into the development of renewable energies, especially wind, solar, hydroelectricity, etc. That's how we can create jobs without killing the environment.

Raddatz : Your response, Senator Rubio.

Rubio : Your future is bright, Carl. Just like America's future is bright. But that requires taking the right decisions on how to manage the economy as well as our energy policy.

Our coal industry is declining since over 40 years. Coal is responsible for more than 760 000 American jobs. Yet, the Obama administration thinks « a war on coal is exactly what's needed. » This war on American energy means fewer jobs and higher prices. It means that our people, including middle class people will be deprived of their livelihoods. If I'm elected President, we will finally put an end to the War on Coal, we will reduce taxes and abolish regulations on coal industry, which will bring coal jobs back to America, create more jobs, help us developing technologies that will produce clean coal and facilitate America's path to energy independence. And to facilitate coal's transportation from mines to markets, we will approve the construction of more coal pipelines. There is one thing that my opponent doesn't understand : coal actually produces renewable energy because it is burned for the production of electricity and heat and is the largest source of energy for the generation of electricity worldwide.

As Secretary Clinton said, one thing doesn't rule out another, but unlike her plan, my plan will make sure that we will invest in renewable energies with a part of revenues from oil drilling, not taxpayers' money, not your money. We can increase oil drilling while protecting the environment. We can exploit the Arctic's oil reserves without risking of hurting the environment. By increasing oil drilling, exploitation and production, we not only create jobs but also get revenues, which a part will be invested into the development of renewable energies to pursue further job creation and to improve our ecological footprint.

Norway is among the largest oil and natural gas producers in Europe. And yet Norway is classified among the most ecological countries in the world due to its abundant hydraulic energy and due to the priority this country is giving to energy research in order to develop the necessary technologies for energy exploitation, for energy efficiency, for hydrogen and for CO2 capture and storage.

So by following Norway's example, we can encourage oil production, get America to energy independence, invest into the development of renewable energies, protect the environment and ensure America's prosperity as well as America's Energy Revolution.

Secretary Clinton would rather keep handing money to terrorists through our dependence on foreign energy due to our oil imports from unstable coutries in throes of terrorism, which will increase terrorist groups' ability to organize and commit terrorist attacks against us and our allies. We can't let that happen. Getting to energy independence and taking advantage of our own sources of energy will not only create jobs and make this economy stronger but also reinforce our nation's security by depriving terrorists of revenues from our energy dependence.

Cooper : The next question comes from Ken Karpowicz.

Question : Thank you. Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, it is not affordable. Premiums have gone up. Deductibles have gone up. Copays have gone up. Prescriptions have gone up. And the coverage has gone down. What will you do to bring the cost down and make coverage better?

Rubio : Well, as you said, premiums and costs are too high. It is unacceptable that the government takes taxpayers' money to bail out insurance companies. These bailouts are done at taxpayers' expense, at the middle class' expense. That's why Obamacare is restricting the American people's access to healthcare.

Obamacare is the problem of all this mess in addition of being of one of the most job-killing policies ever put in place by the Obama administration. Obamacare is the reason why so many people are losing their coverage because it cut millions of dollars in Medicare, which is harming our seniors by depriving them of their coverage. My mother is on Medicare and Social Security. I am against anything that is bad for my mother and for every single American.

As President, I will establish an advanceable, refundable tax credit that can be used by every single American to buy health insurance. The value of these credits should increase every year and we should put the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to make certain that it will make the level of the credits fair within a decade. This will prevent large-scale disruptions and reform a provision in our tax code that has increased up health costs, hurting those who are self-employed and preventing Americans from having truly portable health insurance plans that travel with them regardless of where they work.

I'm going to reform insurance regulations to reduce costs, promote innovation and protect the vulnerable. Those with pre-existing conditions should have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. Our people should be able to buy coverage across state lines so they can seek out affordable coverage regardless of where they live. And consumer-centered products like Health Savings Accounts should be encouraged and expanded. There is no single reason to ask  taxpayers to bail out an insurance company that loses money, as is currently the case under Obamacare. My efforts in the Senate to defund Obamacare saved taxpayers 2.5 billion dollars that would have otherwise been used to bailout these insurance companies.

And I will fight to save and strengthen Medicare and Medicaid by placing them on fiscally-sustainable paths. Without reforms, these programs will eventually run out of money. We must move Medicaid into a per-capita block grant system, preserving funding for its recipients while freeing states from Washington mandates. While current seniors on Medicare, like my mother, should see no changes to the program, future generations should be transitioned into a premium support system. A premium support model will empower seniors with choice and market competition just like Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D already do.

Cooper : Secretary Clinton, two minutes.

Clinton : I'm going to fix the Affordable Care Act, because I agree with you. Premiums have gotten too high. Copays, deductibles, prescription drug costs, and I've laid out a series of actions that we can take to try to get those costs down.

But here's what I don't want people to forget when we're talking about reining in the costs, which has to be the highest priority of the next president, when the Affordable Care Act passed, it wasn't just that 20 million got insurance who didn't have it before. But that in and of itself was a good thing. I meet these people all the time, and they tell me what a difference having that insurance meant to them and their families.

But everybody else, the 170 million of us who get health insurance through our employees got big benefits. Number one, insurance companies can't deny you coverage because of a pre-existing condition. Number two, no lifetime limits, which is a big deal if you have serious health problems.

Number three, women can't be charged more than men for our health insurance, which is the way it used to be before the Affordable Care Act. Number four, if you're under 26, and your parents have a policy, you can be on that policy until the age of 26, something that didn't happen before.

So I want very much to save what works and is good about the Affordable Care Act. But we've got to get costs down. We've got to provide additional help to small businesses so that they can afford to provide health insurance. But if we repeal it, as Senator Rubio has proposing, and start over again, all of those benefits I just mentioned are lost to everybody, not just people who get their health insurance on the exchange. And then we would have to start all over again. Right now, we are at 90 percent health insurance coverage. That's the highest we've ever been in our country.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2017, 10:52:20 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:52:06 PM by UWS »

Second Presidential Debate, Part 2

Raddatz : We now go to Gorbah Hamed with a question for both candidates.

Question : Hi. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the United States, and I'm one of them. You've mentioned working with Muslim nations, but with Islamophobia on the rise, how will you help people like me deal with the consequences of being labeled as a threat to the country after the election is over?

Raddatz : Secretary Clinton, you're first.

Clinton : Well, thank you for asking your question. And I've heard this question from a lot of Muslim-Americans across our country, because, unfortunately, there's been a lot of very divisive, dark things said about Muslims.

I want to say just a couple of things. First, we've had Muslims in America since George Washington. And we've had many successful Muslims. We just lost a particular well-known one with Muhammad Ali.

We need American Muslims to be part of our eyes and ears on our front lines. I've worked with a lot of different Muslim groups around America. I've met with a lot of them, and I've heard how important it is for them to feel that they are wanted and included and part of our country, part of our homeland security, and that's what I want to see.

It's also important I intend to defeat ISIS, to do so in a coalition with majority Muslim nations. Unlike what Republicans say, we are not at war against Islam. And it is a mistake and it plays into the hands of the terrorists to act as though we are. So I want a country where citizens like you and your family are just as welcome as anyone else.

Raddatz : Senator Rubio.

Rubio : Well, Gorbah, you got it right about Islamophobia, and that's a shame.

What Secretary Clinton said is just not true. We have never ever said or thought that all Muslims are the enemy. We have never said or thought that most of Muslims are the enemy. We said that the enemy is only the dangerous and extremist minority called radical Islamic terrorism. And yet, Secretary Clinton, just like President Obama, won't use the term "radical Islamic terrorism." We need to define our enemies properly and see the connections between them so we can distinguish them from good Muslims, find radical Islamic terrorists and catch them. Because radical Islamic terrorists are killing more Muslims than anyone else in the world.

These are the same extremists who attacked us in San Bernardino and Orlando, attacked our allies in Paris, Nice and Brussels and killed 3000 Americans on 9/11. So we need to go after them if we want to prevent further radical Islamic terrorist attacks against us and our allies. That requires increasing the FBI's counter-terrorism budget and our budget and defense, reinforcing and modernizing our homeland security and our military, expanding our alliances, striking Islamic extremist terrorists on their territory through military strength and arming the right groups through background checks on them.

It also includes working together with Muslims, who are not radicals. We need to work with Muslim nations like Jordan, the Saudis, the Gulf kingdoms, Egypt and Turkey in order to defeat ISIS, Al Qaida and all other jihadist groups. It will take a Sunni Arab movement to defeat them. And so I think you can be correct without meaning to be politically correct. We are going to have to work with people of the Muslim faith even as Islam itself faces a serious crisis within it of radicalization.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #384 on: August 15, 2017, 12:20:05 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:52:46 PM by UWS »

Second Presidential Debate, Part 3

Raddatz : The heart-breaking video of a 5-year-old Syrian boy named Omran sitting in an ambulance after being pulled from the rubble after an air strike in Aleppo focused the world's attention on the horrors of the war in Syria, with 136 million views on Facebook alone.

But there are much worse images coming out of Aleppo every day now, where in the past few weeks alone, 400 people have been killed, at least 100 of them children. Just days ago, the State Department called for a war crimes investigation of the Syrian regime of Bashar al-Assad and its ally, Russia, for their bombardment of Aleppo.

So this next question comes through social media through Facebook. Diane from Pennsylvania asks, if you were president, what would you do about Syria and the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo? Secretary Clinton, we will begin with your two minutes.

Clinton : The situation in Syria is catastrophic. And every day that goes by, we see the results of the regime by Assad in partnership with the Iranians on the ground, the Russians in the air, bombarding places, in particular Aleppo, where there are hundreds of thousands of people, probably about 250,000 still left. And there is a determined effort by the Russian air force to destroy Aleppo in order to eliminate the last of the Syrian rebels who are really holding out against the Assad regime.

Russia hasn't paid any attention to ISIS. They're interested in keeping Assad in power. So I, when I was secretary of state, advocated and I advocate today a no-fly zone and safe zones. We need some leverage with the Russians, because they are not going to come to the negotiating table for a diplomatic resolution, unless there is some leverage over them. And we have to work more closely with our partners and allies on the ground.

But I want to emphasize that what is at stake here is the ambitions and the aggressiveness of Russia. Russia has decided that it's all in, in Syria. And they've also decided who they want to see become president of the United States, too, and it's not me. I've stood up to Russia. I've taken on Putin and others, and I would do that as president.

I think wherever we can cooperate with Russia, that's fine. And I did as secretary of state. That's how we got a treaty reducing nuclear weapons. So I would go to the negotiating table with more leverage than we have now. But I do support the effort to investigate for crimes, war crimes committed by the Syrians and the Russians and try to hold them accountable.

I would not use American ground forces in Syria. I think that would be a very serious mistake. I don't think American troops should be holding territory, which is what they would have to do as an occupying force. I don't think that is a smart strategy. I do think the use of special forces, which we're using, the use of enablers and trainers in Iraq, which has had some positive effects, are very much in our interests, and so I do support what is happening.

I hope by the time I am president that we will have pushed ISIS out of Iraq. I do think that there is a good chance that we can take Mosul. I would go after Baghdadi. I would specifically target Baghdadi, because I think our targeting of Al Qaida leaders—and I was involved in a lot of those operations, highly classified ones—made a difference. So I think that could help. I would also consider arming the Kurds. The Kurds have been our best partners in Syria, as well as Iraq. And I know there's a lot of concern about that in some circles, but I think they should have the equipment they need so that Kurdish and Arab fighters on the ground are the principal way that we take Raqqa after pushing ISIS out of Iraq.

Cooper : Senator Rubio.

Rubio : This situation we are seeing in Syria is terrible and unacceptable. This situation is due to the failed Obama/Clinton foreign policy leadership that drastically cut in our military and in defense spending and reduced our military at its smallest size since World War I. We need to reverse this tendency. We got ISIS because the Obama administration withdrew our troops from Iraq too early, so it created a vacuum that allowed ISIS to rise, to conquer a massive territory and to kill innocent people around the world. Tht mistake demonstrated the need of a stronger American leadership and involvement.

When I'm president, we will reinforce and modernize our military, increase our defense budget, reinforce our alliances, strike ISIS on its territory through all the necessary military strength and arsenal. That way, we will surround terrorists and give them the choice to either surrender or die. That's how we're going to find Baghdadi and catch him.

But Vladimir Putin has done nothing but complicating the situation in Syria. He has no interest in defeating ISIS and restoring security. By supporting the Assad regime for economic and strategic purposes, Russia is putting its own interests ahead of stability and security in the Middle East, thus allowing permanent tyranny, chaos and instability in Syria and making our fight against ISIS harder, which is allowing bloodbaths. That's why we need to remove Assad from power after we have defeated ISIS. We're going to establish penalties and sanctions on nations, persons or companies assisting the Assad regime in acquiring chemical and missile technology or all other types of weapons of mass destruction, which will prevent Assad from orchestrating further massacres killing innocent people and help moderate Syrian rebels to defeat Assad's armies, to topple Assad, to restore democracy, justice and integrity in Syria and to give Syria back to the Syrian people. Thanks to the establishment of a democratic government in Syria, the Syrian people will regain trust in their government. And it's also through trust to a more integrate and democratic government that the fight against terrorism will be successful.

And take a look at Egypt. Since the overthrow of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi on July 3, 2013, Egypt has seen shocking levels of repression. On August 14, 2013, it witnessed the worst mass killing in its modern history, with at least 800 killed in mere hours when security forces violently dispersed two pro-Morsi sit-ins in Cairo. From July 2013 to May 2014, over 30 000 people were arrested or detained. This repression that targeted opposition activists made the resort to violence and terror more likely among some Egyptians. So ISIS fighters in Egypt are seizing on the wave of Islamist anger and anti-military sentiment to radicalize and recruit people and intensify their terrorist attacks. It will happen the same in Syria as long as Assad is in power. That's why we need regime change in Syria.

Now, Secretary Clinton is advocating arming Syrian rebels in order to fight ISIS, which I totally agree, but there are some of these rebels we don't know who they are and could have ties with jihadist groups and be fighting for them. In addition of arming the Kurds, I will, as President, establish background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them, which will help us to learn more about them, to arm the right rebels and to deprive terrorists of weapons. As long as we don't know who they are, they will not be provided. That way, we will get a greater number of anti-terrorist forces and we will make sure these rebels will topple Assad and take the responsibility of handling Syria's security. That's how we're going to have a safer, freer, more stabilized and peaceful Middle East.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2017, 12:46:44 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:53:34 PM by UWS »

Second Presidential Debate, Part 4

Cooper : We have another audience question. Beth Miller has a question for both candidates.

Question : Good evening. Perhaps the most important aspect of this election is the Supreme Court justice. What would you prioritize as the most important aspect of selecting a Supreme Court justice?

Clinton : This is one of the most important issues in this election. I want to appoint Supreme Court justices who understand the way the world really works, who have real-life experience, who have not just been in a big law firm and maybe clerked for a judge and then gotten on the bench, but, you know, maybe they tried some more cases, they actually understand what people are up against.

Because I think the current court has gone in the wrong direction. And so I would want to see the Supreme Court reverse Citizens United and get dark, unaccountable money out of our politics.

I would like the Supreme Court to understand that voting rights are still a big problem in many parts of our country, that we don't always do everything we can to make it possible for people of color and older people and young people to be able to exercise their franchise. I want a Supreme Court that will stick with Roe v. Wade and a woman's right to choose, and I want a Supreme Court that will stick with marriage equality, all things that Senator Rubio opposes.

I want a Supreme Court that doesn't always side with corporate interests. I want a Supreme Court that understands because you're wealthy and you can give more money to something doesn't mean you have any more rights or should have any more rights than anybody else.

So I have very clear views about what I want to see to kind of change the balance on the Supreme Court. And I regret deeply that the Senate has not done its job and they have not permitted a vote on the person that President Obama, a highly qualified person, they've not given him a vote to be able to be have the full complement of nine Supreme Court justices. I think that was a dereliction of duty.

I hope that they will see their way to doing it, but if I am so fortunate enough as to be president, I will immediately move to make sure that we fill that, we have nine justices that get to work on behalf of our people.

Rubio : Well first of all, on the money, what you just heard from Secretary Clinton is double talk since she is receiving money from special interests, from oil industry and from foreign governments in order to fund her campaign.

When it comes to the Constitution, I do respect our people's rights. We must also give unborn children the right to live, which is being taken away by abortions. I will appoint a constitutional nominee who will protect unborn children's right to live and I will promote adoption instead of abortion because it will allow women who don't want to have a baby not to have one and also give this child the chance to live, to be raised and to be loved. Unlike Secretary Clinton, I will protect the Second Amendment because stricter gun control won't change anything since criminals and terrorists are taking guns in the black market and can still kill people with any other type of weapons like axes, knives, trucks, etc. So I will allow my Attorney General to delay the transfer of firearms to suspected criminals and terrorists, which will prevent massacres and terrorist attacks on our national territory without violating the Second Amendment and the right to self-defense, a policy that Secretary Clinton as well as the Democrats in the Senate are opposing. The Supreme Court Justice will appoint will protect freedom of press, freedom of speech, freedom of religion and all of our constitutional rights.

Raddatz : Thanks to both of you.

Cooper : We want to thank both the candidates. We want to thank the university here. This concludes the town hall meeting. Our thanks to the candidates, the commission, Washington University, and to everybody who watched.

Raddatz : Please tune in on October 19th for the final presidential debate that will take place at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Good night, everyone.

[APPLAUSE FROM THE AUDIENCE AS MARCO RUBIO AND HILLARY CLINTON RISE UP AND SHAKE HANDS]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2017, 03:56:51 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2018, 05:04:35 PM by UWS »

Who Won the Second Presidential Debate?

CNN/ORC poll :
Marco Rubio : 61 %
Hillary Clinton : 35 %
Tied/Unsure : 4 %

Politico/Morning Consult poll :
Marco Rubio : 62 %
Hillary Clinton : 31 %
Tied/Unsure : 7 %

Reuters/Ipsos poll :
Marco Rubio : 59 %
Hillary Clinton : 34 %
Tied/Unsure : 7 %

NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll :
Marco Rubio : 60 %
Hillary Clinton : 35 %
Tied/Unsure : 5 %

Gallup poll :
Marco Rubio : 57 %
Hillary Clinton : 37 %
Tied/Unsure : 6 %

Fox News poll :
Marco Rubio : 70 %
Hillary Clinton : 25 %
Tied/Unsure : 5 %

ABC News/Washington Post poll :
Marco Rubio : 64 %
Hillary Clinton : 33 %
Tied/Unsure : 3 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #387 on: August 15, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »

New polls

After Rubio scored another big victory over Clinton during the second presidential debate, he maintains his lead in the polls. The two candidates are even tied in the traditionally Democratic state of New Jersey (49 % to 49 %). We'll have to see the issue of the third and final presidential debate between Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton that will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada on October 19. Who knows, we could once again having an October surprise that could influence the issue of this presidential election.

General election polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 52 %
Hillary Clinton : 44 %
Undecided : 4 %

Statewide opinion polls

Ohio

Marco Rubio : 56 %
Hillary Clinton : 43 %
Undecided : 1 %

Florida

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Hillary Clinton : 40 %
Undecided : 2 %

North Carolina

Marco Rubio : 54 %
Hillary Clinton : 44 %

Virginia

Hillary Clinton : 51 %
Marco Rubio : 48 %

Pennsylvania

Hillary Clinton : 47 %

New Hampshire

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Hillary Clinton : 48 %

Michigan

Hillary Clinton : 47 %

Wisconsin

Marco Rubio : 54 %
Hillary Clinton : 45 %

Minnesota

Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Marco Rubio : 49 %

Iowa

Hillary Clinton : 42 %

Colorado

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %
Undecided : 3 %

Nevada

Hillary Clinton : 43 %

New Mexico

Marco Rubio : 50 %
Hillary Clinton : 48 %

New Jersey

Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Marco Rubio : 49 %

Maine

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Marco Rubio : 46 %

Oregon

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Marco Rubio : 45 %

Electoral College map

Marco Rubio : 320 great electors
Hillary Clinton : 172 great electors
Toss-ups : 46 great electors
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #388 on: August 21, 2017, 10:35:38 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 12:55:39 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

Inflamed Fight in St. Louis

According to all the media and most of the T.V. watchers, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, the Republican presidential nominee, performed better than his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.

During the town-hall debate in St. Louis, Missouri, the two candidates clashed mostly on healthcare, energy and foreign policy. The Florida Senator successfully rebuked Hillary Clinton's accusations claiming that Republicans see all the Muslims as the enemy by responding that the only Muslims that are America's enemies is the « dangerous extremist minority called radical Islamic terrorists » in addition of slamming the former Secretary of State for not using that term to define terrorists. He also scored points during the debate by arguing that encouraging oil drilling and renewable energy without hurting the environment is possible, citing Norway's example, and by warning that keeping Bashar al-Assad in power in Syria will contribute to further terrorist threat because of the Syrian regime's brutal repressions that will « push many people there to radicalization and encourage them to convert to radical Islamic terrorism », a similar situation that happened in Egypt after the overthrow of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi. Several undecided voters watching that debate thought that Rubio demonstrated better foreign policy judgement than Clinton for calling for background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them in order to avoid unwillingly arming terrorists pretending to be moderate rebels. But pundits also thought Clinton's debate performance improved a little since the first debate.

Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton are preparring to fight ahead of the third and final presidential debate that will be set in Las Vegas on October 19 2016.

The Battle of Mosul begins

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announces the start of the Battle of Mosul, backed by the U.S.-led coalition, to retake ISIL-held Mosul, the self-declared caliphate's capital in Iraq. So if the city is taken by the Iraqi forces, ISIS will be much more aweaken and disorganized and local ISIS fighters' connections with Syria are likely to be cut.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2017, 08:40:08 PM »

On the campaign trail

Inflamed Fight in St. Louis

According to all the media and most of the T.V. watchers, Florida Senator Marco Rubio, the Republican presidential nominee, performed better than his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.

During the town-hall debate in St. Louis, Missouri, the two candidates clashed mostly on healthcare, energy and foreign policy. The Florida Senator successfully rebuked Hillary Clinton's accusations claiming that Republicans see all the Muslims as the enemy by responding that the only Muslims that are America's enemies is the « dangerous extremist minority called radical Islamic terrorists » in addition of slamming the former Secretary of State for not using that term to define terrorists. He also scored points during the debate by arguing that encouraging oil drilling and renewable energy without hurting the environment is possible, citing Norway's example, and by warning that keeping Bashar al-Assad in power in Syria will contribute to further terrorist threat because of the Syrian regime's brutal repressions that will « push many people there to radicalization and encourage them to convert to radical Islamic terrorism », a similar situation that happened in Egypt after the overthrow of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Mohamed Morsi. Several undecided voters watching that debate thought that Rubio demonstrated better foreign policy judgement than Clinton for calling for background checks on Syrian rebels before arming them in order to avoid unwillingly arming terrorists pretending to be moderate rebels. But pundits also thought Clinton's debate performance improved a little since the first debate.

Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton are preparring to fight ahead of the third and final presidential debate that will be set in Las Vegas on October 19 2016.

The Battle of Mosul begins

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi announces the start of the Battle of Mosul, backed by the U.S.-led coalition, to retake ISIL-held Mosul, the self-declared caliphate's capital in Iraq. So if the city is taken by the Iraqi forces, ISIS will be much more aweaken and disorganized and local ISIS fighters' connections with Syria are likely to be cut.
So assuming that the Hillary emails gets reopened then Rubio should be able to win
Delaware,New Jersey,Virginia,Oregon,Washington,Connecticut and maybe 2 out of these Illinois,Massachusetts,Rhodeisland,Hawaii,California and New York
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #390 on: August 24, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »

Bump
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2017, 07:52:49 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 01:03:57 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

October 10-11, 2016
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

October 12, 2016
-Campaign in New Mexico
-Speech in Albuquerque, New Mexico in an effort to attract undecided Hispanic voters :

Nosotros somos en un momento crítico en el todo el pueblo estadounidense, incluida la comunidad latina, tiene una opción que tomar. Esta elección apunta usted y al futuro de los Estados Unidos. El pueblo estadounidense merece más.

As a son of Cuban immigrants, I understand the struggles of the Hispanic community better than any other of the candidates running in this presidential race. For Americans of Hispanic descent, the main issue is the economy as well as economic empowerment and the possibility to accomplish the American Dream. When I was a young boy, my parents worked every single day to work to give me and my siblings opportunities that they didn't have. There's only one economic system in the world that that's possible in time and again and that's the American free enterprise system. Meanwhile, the Democrats led by Hillary Clinton are trying to dismantle the American free enterprise system, the only system in the world where parents like mine, who work hard and play by the rules, can give their children the opportunities they themselves did not have. Big government policies as well as higher taxes and regulations will not only kill jobs all across the country but also make the American Dream impossible for Hispanics. That dream will be possible for them again if we cut taxes and regulations for all the American people, including the middle class and the Hispanic community, and reduce the size of government, which will reinforce their purchasing power, help them to find a good-paying job and to fulfill all their dreams through their hard work.

Tenemos que dar a los hispanos un justo camino a la ciudadanía mediante reforma migratoria y mayor protección de nuestras fronteras.

As President of the United States, I will promote school choice, which will give positive results to Hispanics : lower education costs for families, including immigrant families living paycheck to paycheck, production of higher outcomes, in contrast to public education. It allow parents guide their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and grant them better education elsewhere. It will expand opportunities for low-income students—notably minorities—to attend high-quality schools that would otherwise be accessible only to high-income families, thus giving them a fair chance of success and an easier path to the workforce.

Al promover el libre comercio con América Latina, vamos a dar a nuestros negocios, incluyendo las pequeñas empresas hispanas en los Estados Unidos gracias a las oportunidades de idiomas y su fluidez en español e inglés, nuevas oportunidades para innovar, para aumentar su competitividad, para llegar a nuevos consumidores, dando a tener acceso a los productos estadounidenses, para crear puestos de trabajo en nuestro país y garantizar su expansión. Gracias a su bilingüismo, los hispanos será dominante entre los importadores, los exportadores, los traductores y los ejecutivos que garanticen un intercambio, cultural y comercial. Y como he dicho, nuestra capacidad de innovación y la competencia proviene de nuestros mercados abiertos, así como nuestra constante búsqueda de nuevos mercados.

Barack Obama's foreign policy towards Cuba won't solve anything. That means that tyranny on the land of my ancestors will be permanent. Lifting the embargo like this will allow the Castro regime to earn more capitals that will be used to strengthen its power and to promote communism in Cuba instead of enriching the Cuban people and to give them a chance to find a job, to live free and to accomplish their dreams. More people will be put in jail for speaking their mind and the Castro regime will hand America's foes a big favor and a big advantage.

Here are the conditions of a good deal : Cuba has free elections and freedom of press, stops putting people in jail for speaking out, kicks out the Russians from Lourdes, kicks out the Chinese listening station in Berupal, stops helping North Korea evading U.N sanctions, takes all those refugees of America justice. Then we can have a good relationship with Cuba. That's a good deal.

Nos tiene detras. Nosotros  no os abandonara. Cuando Cuba estara libre nuestras relaciones con Cuba sera mas fuerte y el pueble cubano van a ganar una socieda justa asi como unas oportunidades justas de prospera. Los Estados Unidos y Cuba estas estara  entre los mejores asociados trabajando con toda su energia para combatir la corupcion y delincuencia organizada, consolidar la democracia y libertad y restaurar seguridad y prosperidad en el continente americano.

Venezuela is led by Nicolas Maduro, a dictator who is not only diminishing freedom and democracy and freedom in this country, but is also encouraging corruption in addition of giving a favor to America's enemies, including radical Islamic terrorists. Ramon Rodriguez Chacin asked General Marcos Ferreira to allow militants from Columbia, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda to cross borders into Venezuela and that in a three year timeframe, 2,520 Colombians and 279 "Syrians" became citizens of Venezuela, which is allowing terrorists to be on the run and is putting lives in danger. The Venezuelan government has allegedly had a long-term relationship with Hezbollah. In 2006, following the 2006 Lebanon War, Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah thanked Chavez for his support. Chávez also allowed members of Hezbollah to stay in Venezuela and allegedly used Venezuelan embassies in the Middle East to launder money. Nicolas Maduro has continued the relationship with Hezbollah and members of his government provided Financial aid to Hezbollah, which is increasing this terrorist group's ability to commit attacks against us and our allies while the Venezuelan people is struggling economically and socially mostly because of the local economic downturn in which consumer prices rose 800 %, the economy contracted by 18.6 % and access to food has drastically declined. Under my presidential leadership, reinforced sanctions on this corrupt regime will make sure that Venezuela will finally reclaim democracy and have once again trust in its government. Venezuela will never be a safe haven for terrorists. This future democratic government will work hard to put Venezuela back on track, to create jobs for the Venezuelan people and to restore integrity.

Amigos, gracias al libre mercado y a la libertad empresarial, 8 de noviembre 2016 constituirá un nuevo amanecer para todos el pueblo americano, incluso los hispanos. América será el mejor lugar del mundo para abrir un nuevo negocio, para prosperar y para cumplir todo lo que habría sido impossible extranjero. Yo comprende esto como hijo de immigrantes, como hijo de uno barman y una casero. Mis political exterior va a restablecer la seguridad a través de todo el continente americano y asegúrese de que sus colegas hispanos aquí y en el exterior vivirán libres y próspero.

Mis eleccion a la Presidencia de los Estados Unidos de America el 8 de noviembre de 2016 signifique el inicio de un Nuevo Siglo Americano para un futuro más brillante, prosperidad, igual y seguro.

Gracias, amigos. Que Dios bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2017, 07:55:51 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2018, 05:07:08 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

October 13, 2016
-Flight to Jackson Township, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Jackson Township, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Medina, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Economic policy speech in Medina, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Brunswick, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Manufacturing policy speech in Brunswick, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Canton, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Trade policy speech in Canton, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Tax policy speech in Canton, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Louisville, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Alliance, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Akron, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Speech ahead of undecided voters at a Rob Portman's senate re-election rally at InfoCision Stadium in Akron, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence :

Like always, Ohio has an important role in this election in both the presidential campaign and the Senate campaign. Here in Ohio, my friend Rob Portman is running against former Ohio governor Ted Strickland who has a terrible record on jobs and China.

[Crowd boos]

Just like Hillary Clinton, Strickland will promote the big government policies of the last eight years that will kill American jobs, keep our country from clinching energy independence and send American manufacturing jobs overseas.

During his governorship (2006-2010), Ted Strickland's support to Barack Obama's War on Coal, his tax increase policies and his populist policies imposed while trade/transportation/utilities is Ohio's largest sector (19.4 % of Ohio's workforce) cost Ohio more than 350 000 jobs. In addition, Strickland drained rainy day fund. The Buckeye state's unemployment rate soared to a 25-year high and Ohio was ranked 48th in terms of job creation. After Ohio fired him in 2010, Strickland turned his back on Appalachia and moved to Washington D.C. for his $250 000 dream job. In fact, he said, I quote, « I had a job last year that was a dream job and paid me more money than I've ever made in my life. » Strickland's dream job was lobbying for a liberal special interest group that supports job-killing regulations, Obamacare and the War on Coal.

[Crowd boos]

That's why he lost the support of Appalachia, the NRA, Ohio coal miners, United Mine Workers and Teamsters. That's why all of these groups, including labor unions like United Mine Workers and Teamsters, all endorsed Rob Portman because he stood up to special interests and fought hard for Ohio workers and he will keep doing it if you re-elect him to the Senate.

[Crowd applauds]

In Washington, Ted Strickland supported giving Most-Favored-Nation trade status to China and voted against enforcing our trade laws when China cheats.

Just like Hillary Clinton, Ted Strickland can't be trusted on jobs and on the economy in general. They don't understand the economy. They don't understand that free enterprise is the right solution to create jobs, not the government. But Rob has fought back against China's cheating policies such as curb currency manipulation, leveling the playing field on trade so Ohio workers, including you, can compete and win. That's why we have to mobilize and to come out and vote in order to defeat Hillary Clinton in the presidential election and Ted Strickland in the Senate election here in Ohio because if I'm elected President of the United States, we will keep putting your interests and your jobs first and Rob will keep fighting for you by passing my policies that will cut taxes and regulations, get us to energy independence by ending the War on Coal and promoting oil production that will create jobs and get us the necessary revenues to invest in the development of renewable energies, make us competitive in the world economy through lower tariffs, the continuation of our quest for open markets, tax cuts for our manufacturing industry and reduction of our corporate tax rate, balance the budget and champion small business (where most of the jobs are created). America will be prosperous and will reach full-employment and opportunity will be given for every single American.

So if you're looking for a team that will stand up to special interests, fight for America's workers and make economic growth its priority, chose our team.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

-Economic policy speech at GOJO Industries headquarters in Akron, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Meet with voters in Youngstown, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
-Manufacturing policy speech at Republic Steel headquarters in Youngstown, Ohio with Rob Portman and Mike Pence
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2017, 07:57:32 AM »
« Edited: February 17, 2021, 10:49:37 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 3

October 14, 2016
-Meet with voters in Brook Park, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Manufacturing policy speech at Cleveland Engine in Brook Park, Ohio with John Kasich and Josh Mandel
-Meet with voters in Vermilion, Ohio
-Trade policy speech in Vermilion, Ohio
-Meet with voters in Cleveland, Ohio
-Economic policy speech in Cleveland, Ohio :

In addition of being noted as our nation's industrial capital, Ohio was ranked in the top 10 states for best business climate by Site Selection magazine, based on a business-activity database, in 2013. It was also among the top 3 states for the 2013 Governor's Cup award from the magazine, based on business growth and economic development. That is mostly due to the fact that the Buckeye State is ranked third among the top 5 states with the lowest tax rate and Ohio's is at 4.4 %. Furthermore, the U.S. News and World Report ranked the Ohio State University of Columbus # 10 for awarding degrees to Fortune 500 CEOs.

So Ohio is a great symbol of America's prosperity coming from free enterprise and free market as well as ingenuity, hard-work and entrepreneurship of the American people. Prosperity does not come from big government policies. But unfortunately, over the last eight years, due to tax increases and regulation increases promoted by Barack Obama and supported by Hillary Clinton, government has got bigger and bigger and is still getting bigger today, which increased taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, which weakened our economy, killed jobs and offshored American businesses overseas. That's why we are living the weakest recovery in our history. We have a 40 % corporate tax rate, which makes the United States the nation with the highest corporate tax rate among developed countries, which makes America a harder place to do business, while Singapore has a 17 % corporate tax rate and South Korea's is at 24 %.

Ohio represents a great example of the importance of making America the best place in the world to do business, which requires fully utilizing our energy resources, bringing our debt under control, repealing and replacing Obamacare, making higher education faster and easier to access, reducing the cost of doing business in America and cutting taxes and regulations on the American people and on business owners, which will bring a stronger purchasing power to our people and increase our businesses' ability to grow, to expand, to produce, to sell, to hire people and to create jobs. And by reducing our corporate tax rate to 20 %, we will make American businesses much more competitive in the world economy, which will ensure job creation here in the United States.

These are all things we will do when I become President of the United States. I have the right experience to boost job creation in America and to lead this country to permanent prosperity due to my membership in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and in the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

That is how we will ensure a new American prosperity for the sake of a stronger economy and the restoration of the American Dream.

-Meet with voters in Elyria, Ohio
-Economic policy speech in Elyria, Ohio
-Meet with voters in North Ridgeville, Ohio

October 15, 2016
-Flight to Milwaukee, Wisconsin
-Economic policy speech at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
-Speech at the African American Chamber- Commerce in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
-Meet with voters in Appleton, Wisconsin
-Rally with voters at Miller Park in Appleton, Wisconsin
-Foreign policy speech with undecided voters at Appleton War Memorial in Appleton, Wisconsin with Ron Johnson :

Here in Wisconsin, my friend Senator Ron Johnson's seat is up for re-election. He is running against Russ Feingold, a man who, even after 9/11, was the only Senator to vote against giving law enforcement the tools they need to help stop international terror.

[Crowd boos]

During his 18 year Senate career, Russ Feingold also voted against authorizing our military 11 separate times. Now he's asking Wisconsinites to give him a fourth term just as Hillary Clinton is asking America to give her Obama's third term. The world is simply too dangerous to elect either of them. Over the last year, the world has suffered six major terrorist attacks, including two in Paris, one in Belgium and three here in the United States (Garland, San Bernardino and Orlando). Time for action is now. Instead, America needs strong leadership that will secure our borders, reinforce our military, defeat ISIS and destroy radical Islamic terrorism wherever they hide. While Ron Johnson and I fought in the Senate to give America the necessary tools to fight radical Islamic terrorism by supporting laws that would reinforce the military and our alliances, that would give us the necessary information that will help us to stop terrorist attacks from being committed, that would keep ISIS out of our territory, allow the Attorney General to delay transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists and that would stop state sponsors of terrorism from getting the necessary money to support terrorism. And we will pursue that leadership if I'm elected President of the United States and if you re-elect Ron Johnson for a second term. We also have to defend and reinforce our majority in the Congress. Because with a Rubio administration and a Republican congress, we will make and keep America safe through a stronger and modernized military, stronger alliances, stronger sanctions that will stop Iran from having the capitals to support terrorism and pursue the development of its military nuclear program. That's how we're going to achieve peace through strength.

[Crowd applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

-Energy policy speech at Miller Electric headquarters in Appleton, Wisconsin
-Economic policy speech at Pierce Manufacturing headquarters in Appleton, Wisconsin
-Rally at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium in Appleton, Wisconsin
-Meet with voters in Green Bay, Wisconsin
-Rally at Neuroscience Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Ron Johnson and Stephen Pearcy
-Economic policy speech in Schneider National headquarters in Green Bay, Wisconsin
-Rally with voters at the Meyer Theatre in Green Bay, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Scott Walker, Ron Johnson

October 16, 2016
-Campaign in Florida where Senator Rubio speaks on behalf of Carolos Lopez-Cantera, the Republican senatorial candidate for his Senate seat, and speaks out against Patrick Murphy, the Democratic senatorial candidate, calling him an ineffective legislator with no accomplishments and slamming him on supporting Hillary Clinton's dangerous and weak foreign policy

October 17, 2016
-Married on October 17th 1998, Marco Rubio and his wife Jeanette celebrate their 18th wedding anniversary with their four children

October 18, 2016
-Debate preparations with Mitt Romney ahead of the third and final presidential debate

October 19, 2016
-Flight to Las Vegas, Nevada
-Marco Rubio debates with Hillary Clinton during the third and final presidential debate at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, Nevada
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »

Wow, my sister got married in the same church...
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »

Wow, my sister got married in the same church...

Very interesting.

Smiley
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #396 on: August 28, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2019, 04:28:30 PM by UWS »

Third Presidential Debate

Date : October 19, 2016

Place : University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada

Moderators : Chris Wallace

Podium order :

Clinton             Rubio

Chris Wallace: Good evening from the Thomas and Mack Center at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I'm Chris Wallace of Fox News, and I welcome you to the third and final of the 2016 presidential debates between Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Senator Marco Rubio.

This debate is sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates. The commission has designed the format: Six roughly 15-minute segments with two-minute answers to the first question, then open discussion for the rest of each segment. Both campaigns have agreed to those rules.

For the record, I decided the topics and the questions in each topic. None of those questions has been shared with the commission or the two candidates. The audience here in the hall has promised to remain silent. No cheers, boos, or other interruptions so we and you can focus on what the candidates have to say.

No noise, except right now, as we welcome the Democratic nominee for President, Secretary Clinton, and the Republican nominee for President, Senator Rubio.

[APPLAUSE FROM THE AUDIENCE AS MARCO RUBIO AND HILLARY CLINTON ARRIVE ON THE DEBATE STAGE, SHAKE HANDS AND GET BEHIND THEIR DEBATE PODIUMS]

Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2017, 03:59:34 PM »

Bump
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2017, 10:16:13 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 01:26:53 PM by UWS »

Third Presidential Debate, Part 1

Wallace : Secretary Clinton, Senator Rubio, welcome. Let's get right to it. The first topic is foreign policy. The Iraqi offensive to take back Mosul has begun. If they are successful in pushing ISIS out of that city and out of all of Iraq, the question then becomes, what happens the day after? And that's something that whichever of you ends up—whoever of you ends up as president is going to have to confront. Will you put U.S. troops into that vacuum to make sure that ISIS doesn't come back or isn't replaced by something even worse? Secretary Clinton, you go first in this segment. You have two minutes.

Clinton : Well, I am encouraged that there is an effort led by the Iraqi army, supported by Kurdish forces, and also given the help and advice from the number of special forces and other Americans on the ground. But I will not support putting American soldiers into Iraq as an occupying force. I don't think that is in our interest, and I don't think that would be smart to do. In fact, Chris, I think that would be a big red flag waving for ISIS to reconstitute itself.

The goal here is to take back Mosul. It's going to be a hard fight. I've got no illusions about that. And then continue to press into Syria to begin to take back and move on Raqqa, which is the ISIS headquarters.

I am hopeful that the hard work that American military advisers have done will pay off and that we will see a real—a really successful military operation. But we know we've got lots of work to do. Syria will remain a hotbed of terrorism as long as the civil war, aided and abetted by the Iranians and the Russians, continue.

So I have said, look, we need to keep our eye on ISIS. That's why I want to have an intelligence surge that protects us here at home, why we have to go after them from the air, on the ground, online, why we have to make sure here at home we don't let terrorists buy weapons. If you're too dangerous to fly, you're too dangerous to buy a gun.

And I'm going to continue to push for a no-fly zone and safe havens within Syria not only to help protect the Syrians and prevent the constant outflow of refugees, but to, frankly, gain some leverage on both the Syrian government and the Russians so that perhaps we can have the kind of serious negotiation necessary to bring the conflict to an end and go forward on a political track.

Wallace : Senator Rubio, same question. If we are able to push ISIS out of Mosul and out of Iraq, will—would you be willing to put U.S. troops in there to prevent their return or something else?

Rubio : Well first of all, it's really amazing to be back here in Las Vegas. I spent six years as a child growing not far from where we stand tonight. I use to sit on the porch of our home and listen to my grandfather tell stories as he smoked one of three daily cigars. One of the things my grandfather instilled in me, was that I was really blessed because I was a citizen of the greatest country in the history of our mankind.

Now let's come to your question, Chris. As we've seen in 2011 our troops' early withdrawal, which Secretary Clinton supported, while our job to train Iraqi troops and to make sure they take full responsibility of Iraq's security was not yet completed created a vacuum and allowed ISIS to rise, to conquer a large territory and to commit terrorist attacks around the world, including in Garland, San Bernardino, Orlando, Paris, Nice and Brussels. If we don't take real action against ISIS, Iraq will be once again a safe haven for terrorism like in the past when Saddam Hussein gave sanctuary to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad terrorist who was involved in the millennium plot, a terrorist attempt to commit bombing attacks against tourist sites in Jordan as well as against the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and the USS The Sullivans in the context of millennium celebrations. There is a saying that "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". Secretary Clinton's weak foreign policy will move us backwards.

So we need to have the courage to take real action against ISIS. What is required to accomplish this goal is to increase our defense budget in order to reinforce and modernize our military. We have to strengthen and extend our alliances in the region, to send all the necessary military arsenal and troops in Iraq and Syria in order to fight ISIS by striking them on their territory and freeing these territories from their occupation. We also need to deprive ISIS of its oil refineries by securing them and give them back to the people of Iraq and Syria, which will deprive ISIS of the money they need to organize and prepare terrorist attacks and we must arm the right groups in the Middle East (including the Peshmerga) through background checks. That way, terrorists who are pretending to be mainstream Syrian rebels, for example, will not get weapons. If you're too dangerous to be armed, you will not get weapons. That's how we're going to find and capture or kill Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and defeat ISIS.

Under my leadership, our troops will complete their duty to train Iraqi forces and make sure that the Iraqi army will be fully prepared to ensure its country's security, to fight terrorism and to prevent any ISIS-like force to emerge.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #399 on: September 02, 2017, 01:27:40 AM »

Rubio is an awful debater, not sure how he'd be winning them by so much
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies