Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:57:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 201992 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2017, 07:11:05 AM »
« edited: May 20, 2019, 09:25:04 AM by UWS »

Twelvth Republican presidential primary debate
Part 1

Date : March 10, 2016

Place : University of Miami in Miami, Florida

Host : CNN

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

Moderators :  Jake Tapper, Dana Bash and James Dinan

Podium order based on the candidates' standing in the polls :

Cruz    Rubio   Trump

Jake Tapper : If elected, will you support free trade deals even if it means the inevitable loss of U.S. jobs?

Marco Rubio : No, I support free trade deals that are good for America. We're 5 percent of the world's population. If all we do is sell things to each other, we can only sell to 5 percent of the people on earth. We have to have access to the hundreds of millions of people in the world today who can afford to buy things.

The problem is we're a low-tariff country. To import something into the United States is not very expensive, but many of these countries we can't export to because their tariffs are too high. And so I am in favor of deals that allow us to bring down those tariffs so that America can sell things to all these people around the world.

There are good trade deals and there are bad ones. So for example, here in Florida, we have benefited from the free trade deal with Colombia. It's allowed flower exporters to come into the United States but it's created jobs for hundreds of people who are now delivering those flowers and working in that industry. We have a surplus with Colombia. Even if India is not a member of TPP, Florida’s $1 billion annual exports to India represent a reason why trade ties with India’s and Asia's large and growing markets matter to Americans.

On the other hand, you've seen trade deals like in Mexico that have been less than promising in some aspects, better in others. Bottom line is I believe that America, if given access to foreign markets, our workers are the most productive in the world, our people are the most innovative on this planet. If it is a free and fair trade deal, we can compete against anyone in the world, and we need to in the 21st century.

[...]

Jake Tapper : Mr. Trump, let me start with you. Last night, you told CNN quote, "Islam hates us?" Did you mean all 1.6 billion Muslims.

Donald Trump : I mean a lot of them.
Jake Tapper : Do you want to clarify the comment at all?

Donald Trump : Well, you know, I've been watching the debate today. And they're talking about radical Islamic terrorism or radical Islam. But I will tell you this. There's something going on that maybe you don't know about, maybe a lot of other people don't know about, but there's tremendous hatred. And I will stick with exactly what I said to Anderson Cooper.

James Dinan : Senator Rubio, your supporter Republican Senator Jeff Flake said in response to that comment, Republicans are better than this. Do you agree?

Marco Rubio : Well, let me say, I know that a lot of people find appeal in the things Donald says cause he says what people wish they could say. The problem is, presidents can't just say anything they want. It has consequences, here and around the world. And so let me give you one. Two days ago, I met this extraordinary couple who were on furlough because they are missionaries in Bangladesh. It's a very tough place to be a missionary. It's Muslim. And their safety and security very much relies upon friendly Muslims that live along side them, that may not convert, but protect them and certainly look out for them. And their mission field really are Muslims that are looking to convert to Christianity as well. And they tell me that today they have a very hostile environment in which to operate in because the news is coming out that in America, leading political figures are saying that America doesn't like Muslims. So this is a real impact. There's no doubt that radical Islam is a danger in the world.

I can also tell you if you go to any national cemetery, especially Arlington, you're going to see crescent moons there. If you go anywhere in the world you're going see American men and women serving us in uniform that are Muslims.

(APPLAUSE)

And they love America. And as far as I know, no one on this stage has served in uniform in the United States military. Anyone out there that has the uniform of the United States on and is willing to die for this country is someone that loves America. No matter what their religious background may be.

(APPLAUSE)

Donald Trump : Marco talks about consequences. Well, we've had a lot of consequences, including airplanes flying into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and could have been the White House. There have been a lot of problems.

Now you can say what you want, and you can be politically correct if you want. I don't want to be so politically correct. I like to solve problems. We have a serious, serious problem of hate. There is tremendous hate. There is tremendous hate. Where large portions of a group of people, Islam, large portions want to use very, very harsh means. Let me go a step further. Women are treated horribly. You know that. You do know that. Women are treated horribly, and other things are happening that are very, very bad. Now I will say this, there is tremendous hatred. The question was asked, what do you think? I said, there is hatred. Now it would be very easy for me to say something differently. And everybody would say, oh, isn't that wonderful. We better solve the problem before it's too late.

Marco Rubio : Well, here we go. See, I'm not interested in being politically correct. I'm not interested in being politically correct. I'm interested in being correct.

(APPLAUSE)

And in order to be correct on this issue, here's the bottom line. We do work. There is - Islam has a major problem on its hands. It has a significant percentage of its adherents, particular in the Sunni faith but also in the Shia, who have been radicalized. And are willing to fly planes into a building and kill innocent people.

There is no doubt about that. It is also true if you look around the world at the challenges we face, we are going to have to work together with other - with Muslims, who do not - who are not radicals. We're going to have to work with the Jordanian kingdom.
We're going to have to work with the Saudis. We're going to have to work with the Gulf kingdoms. We're going to have to work with the Egyptians to defeat, for example, ISIS.

It will take a Sunni Arab movement to defeat them. And so I think you can be correct without meaning to be politically correct. We are going to have to work with people of the Muslim faith even as Islam itself faces a serious crisis within it of radicalization.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:26:19 AM by UWS »

Part 2

Cruz    Rubio   Trump

Jake Tapper : Mr. Trump, I want to ask you about something else you've said during the course of this campaign. You said that the U.S. has to, quote, "take out" the families of terrorists. When it was pointed out that targeting civilians is against the Geneva Conventions, you said, quote, "So they can kill us, but we can't kill them?"

It is against federal, military and international law to target civilians. So how will you order the military to target the families of suspected terrorists, while also abiding by the law?

Donald Trump : Let me go back to the other just for a second. In large mosques, all over the Middle East, you have people chanting "death to the USA." Now, that does not sound like a friendly act to me.

As far as the families are concerned, and as far as the law is concerned, we have a law - this all started with your question on water boarding. We have a law that doesn't allow right now water boarding. They have no laws. They have no rules. They have no regulations. They chop off heads. They drown 40, 50, 60 people at a time in big steel cages, pull them up an hour later, everyone dead. And we're working on a different set of parameters.

Now, we have to obey the laws. Have to obey the laws. But we have to expand those laws, because we have to be able to fight on at least somewhat of an equal footing or we will never ever knock out ISIS and all of the others that are so bad.

We better expand our laws or we're being a bunch of suckers, and they are laughing at us. They are laughing at us, believe me.

Jake Tapper : Senator Rubio, would you as president pursue a policy of targeting the families of suspected terrorists?

Marco Rubio : No, of course not. And we don't have to in order to defeat terrorists. The way you defeat terrorists is pretty straightforward. It's difficult to do, but it has to be done. When I'm president of the United States, the best intelligence agencies in the world that right now have been hamstrung. They're going to be expanded. And the best intelligence agencies in the world are going to find terrorists.

And then the best military in the world, which needs to be rebuilt because - because Barack Obama is gutting our military. He's going to leave us with the smallest Army since the end of World War II, and the smallest Navy in a century, and the smallest Air Force we've ever had.

We are going to rebuild that military and that military is going to find the terrorists and destroy them. And if we capture any of these terrorists alive, they're not going to have the right to remain silent. And they're not going to go to a courtroom in Manhattan. They're going to go to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and we will find out everything they know and we'll do so legally.

Jake Tapper : Senator Cruz, you've talked about changing the rules of engagement in battle against ISIS. Would that include targeting the families of suspected terrorists?

Ted Cruz : No, of course not. We've never targeted innocent civilians and we're not going to start now. But listen, Jake, I understand. People are scared and for seven years, we've faced terrorist attacks and President Obama lectures Americans on Islamophobia. That is maddening.
But the answer is not simply to yell, "China bad, Muslims bad." You've got to understand the nature of the threats we're facing and how you deal with them. And yes, it is true there are millions of radical Islamic terrorists who seek to kill us. We need a president, commander in chief focused on fighting them.

And I'll tell you, frankly one concern I have with Donald is that although his language is quite incendiary, when you look at his substantive policies on Iran, he has said he would not rip up this Iranian nuclear deal. I think that's a mistake.

The Ayatollah Khomeini wants nuclear weapons to murder us. I'll give you another example, dealing with Islamic radical terrorism. On Israel, Donald has said he wants to be neutral between Israel and the Palestinians.

As president, I will not be neutral. And let me say this week, a Texan, Taylor Force. He was an Eagle Scout, he was a West Point graduate, he was an Army veteran. He was murdered by a Palestinian terrorist this week in Israel, and I don't think we need a commander in chief who is neutral between the Palestinian terrorists and one of our strongest allies in the world, the nation of Israel.

Jake Tapper : Senator Rubio, according to a V.A. study, of the 22 veterans who commit suicide every day, 17 of them have no connection to the V.A. The V.A. believes that this lack of connection is one of the reasons for this tragically high suicide rate.

What specifically would you do as president to make sure that veterans in crisis are able to get the help they need?

Marco Rubio : Well, first let me say that one out of four calls to our office is about a veteran here in Florida that's struggling with the V.A. my brother is a veteran. He's struggling with the V.A.
The other day, we heard this horrible story. It was a headline in USA Today, and it said, "Calls to the V.A. Suicide Hotline Went to Voicemail." Well, about a few days ago, we now found out that one of the gentlemen - one of the veterans who left a voicemail committed suicide. And they happened to call him back the day after he died.

People need to be held accountable for this. One of the things I'm proudest of is that in my time in the U.S. Senate working with Jeff Miller here from Florida in a bipartisan way, and I'll give him credit - Bernie Sanders was a part of this - we passed a V.A. accountability bill. And what it did is it created now a law that gives the V.A. secretary, because of the law I passed, it gives the V.A. secretary the power to fire people that aren't doing a good job.

Senior executives should be held accountable if the V.A. outreach isn't working. The problem is no one's being held accountable. Even after we passed that law, no one's been fired for no outreach. No one's been fired for calls going to the voicemail. No one's been disciplined. No one's been demoted.

When I'm president of the United States, if you work at the V.A. and you are not doing a good job, you will be fired from your job at the V.A.

(APPLAUSE)
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2017, 07:28:46 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2019, 09:28:01 AM by UWS »

Part 3

Cruz    Rubio   Trump

Dana Bash : Senator Rubio, Donald Trump agrees with President Obama in his decision to reengage diplomatically in Cuba. The majority of Americans seem to agree with that as well. So why are President Obama, Donald Trump and the majority of Americans wrong?

Marco Rubio : Well, I would love the relationship between Cuba and the United States to change. But it will require Cuba to change, at least its government. Today, it has not. The fact of the matter is that after these changes were made - after these changes were made, there are now millions and hundreds of millions of dollars that will flow to the Castro regime.

It will now allow them to become set permanent and in stone. They will now be able to carry out a transition where the military continues to run the country there. They'll put a puppet figure forward as their new president. And nothing will change for the Cuban people.

There has not been a single democratic opening; not a single change on the island in human rights. In fact, things are worse than they were before this opening. The only thing that's changed as a result of this opening is that now the Cuban government has more sources of money from which to build out their repressive apparatus and maintain themselves there permanently.

And we asked nothing in return. Compare that to the changes that were required in Burma. And by no means is Burma a perfect country. But at least when there was a democratic opening to Burma, they were required to make some democratic openings. When there was a diplomatic opening, it required democratic opening. And today, the former minority party is now the majority party in their legislative body.

He asked nothing in return and we are getting nothing in return. And Cuba and its regime remains an anti-American communist dictatorship, helped North Korea evade U.N. sanctions. It's harboring fugitives of American justice, including people stealing our Medicare money and moving back to Cuba, all in exchange for nothing.

(APPLAUSE)

Dana Bash : Mr. Trump, you said the concept of opening Cuba is fine. You said the concept of opening Cuba is fine. Why do you agree with President Obama and disagree with what Senator Rubio just said?

Donald Trump : Well, I don't really agree with President Obama. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. What I want is I want a much better deal to be made because right now, Cuba is making - as usual with our country, we don't make good deal. We don't have our right people negotiating, we have people that don't have a clue.

As an example, I heard recently where the threat was made that they want reparations for years of abuse by the United States, and nobody's talking about it and they'll end up signing a deal and then we'll get sued for $400 billion or $1 trillion.

All that stuff has to be agreed to now. We don't want to get sued after the deal is made. So I don't agree with President Obama, I do agree something should be - should take place. After 50 years, it's enough time, folks. But we have to make a good deal and we have to get rid of all the litigation that's going to happen.

This was just a little story but it was a big story to me because I said oh, here we go, we make a deal, then get sued for a tremendous amount of money for reparations. So I want to do something, but it's got to be done intelligently. We have to make good deal.

I would want to make a good deal, I would want to make a strong, solid, good deal because right now, everything is in Cuba's favor. Right now, everything, every single aspect of this deal is in Cuba's favor. It the same way as the Iran deal. We never walked - we never - all we do is keep giving. We give and give and give.

Dana Bash : But Mr. Trump, just to be clear, there is an embassy that you would have to decide whether it would be open or whether you would close it. Which would it be? In Havana.

Donald Trump : I would probably have the embassy closed until such time as a really good deal was made and struck by the United States.

Marco Rubio : All right, first of all, the embassy is the former consulate. It's the same building. So it could just go back to being called a consulate. We don't have to close it that way. Second of all, I don't know where Cuba is going to use, but if they sue us in a court in Miami, they're going to lose.

Third, on the issue of a good deal, I know what the good deal. I'll tell you what the good deal now, it's already codified. Here's a good deal - Cuba has free elections, Cuba stops putting people in jail for speaking out, Cuba has freedom of the press, Cuba kicks out the Russians from Lourdes (ph) and kicks out the Chinese listening station in Berupal (ph) Cuba stops helping North Korea evade U.N. sanctions, Cuba takes all of those fugitives of America justice, including that cop killer from New Jersey, and send her back to the United States and to jail where she belongs. And you know what? Then we can have a relationship with Cuba. That's a good deal.

Dana Bash : Thank you, Senator Rubio. Senator Cruz, if you become president, would you reverse course and once again break diplomatic relations with Cuba?

Ted Cruz : Yes, I would. And you know, I think this exchange actually highlights a real choice for Republican primary voters. When it comes to foreign policy, do you want to continue on the same basic trajectory as the last seven years of the Obama foreign policy? When it comes to these deals, Cuba and Iran, they were negotiated by Hillary Clinton and John Kerry.

There's a real difference between us. Donald supported Hillary Clinton and gave her two checks her a presidential campaign in 2008. Donald supported John Kerry over George W. Bush in 2004. And what he said right now is that he agrees in principle with what Hillary Clinton and John Kerry are doing. The only thing Donald thinks is that they should negotiate a little bit better deals, they should be more effective. I have a fundamental disagreement and I think most Republicans and most Americans do, that we shouldn't be allowing billions of dollars to go to nations that hate us to go to Cuba, to go to Iran and to let them use those billions of dollars to try to murder us.

[...]

Marco Rubio : It's great to be here, back at home in Miami. It's hard to believe that just two decades ago, my father was just a bartender working in the city. And now his son stands on this stage, here, as a candidate for the highest office in the land. My parents never wanted me to go into politics or in particular or anything else. They just wanted me to have the opportunity to live out all the dreams they once had for themselves. And that was possible because America is a special country.

But that was not an accident. America is great because each generation before us did what needed to be done. They solved their problems, they confronted their challenges. They embraced their opportunities. And for over two centuries, each generation has left the next better off.

And now the moment has arrived for our generation to do our part. And I'm telling you tonight, if you vote for me, here in Florida and everywhere across this country on Tuesday, when I'm elected president, this generation will do it's part.

We will do whatever it takes to ensure that our children inherit from us, what we inherited from our parents, the single greatest nation in the history of all of mankind.

Who won the debate
Marco Rubio : 46 %
Ted Cruz : 29 %
Donald Trump : 25 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2017, 07:38:43 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 04:34:49 PM by UWS »

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES, 2016

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we are covering the Republican caucuses in the U.S. Virgin Islands. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and Marco Rubio is largely leading in the U.S. Virgin Islands. »

U.S. Virgin Islands Republican caucuses (50 % reported) - 9 delegates

Marco Rubio : 60 %
Donald Trump : 17 %      
Ted Cruz : 11 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 pm and Marco Rubio wins the the U.S. Virgin Islands caucuses and all the 9 delegates. »

U.S. Virgin Islands Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 9 delegates

Marco Rubio : 64 % ✔ - 9 delegates
Donald Trump : 21 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 15 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « We'll see you the day after tomorrow for the coverage of the Republican caucuses in Wyoming, Washington D.C. and Guam and the Democratic caucuses in Northern Marianas. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2017, 07:41:03 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:28:06 AM by UWS »

Republican Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Marco Rubio : 439 delegates
Donald Trump : 324 delegates
Ted Cruz : 273 delegates
Ben Carson : 7 delegates
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates
John Kasich : 1 delegate
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate
Rand Paul : 1 delegate
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate
Chris Christie : 0 delegate
Rick Santorum : 0 delegate
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate

2472 delegates in total
1237 delegates needed to win the nomination

Democratic Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Hillary Clinton : 861 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 639 delegates
Martin O'Malley : 0 delegate

4763 delegates in total
2382 delegates needed to win the nomination
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2017, 07:58:21 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 04:35:09 PM by UWS »

WYOMING, WASHINGTON D.C., GUAM AND NORTHERN MARIANAS CAUCUSES, 2016

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we are covering the Republican caucuses in the Wyoming, Washington D.C. and Guam as well as the Democratic caucuses in Northern Mariana Islands. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and Marco Rubio the leader in the Washington D.C. contest. »

Washington D.C. Republican caucuses (50 % reported) - 19 delegates

Marco Rubio : 75 %
Donald Trump : 13 %      
Ted Cruz : 6 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and Marco Rubio wins the Washington D.C. caucuses and all the 19 delegates. »

Washington D.C. Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 19 delegates

Marco Rubio : 79 % ✔ - 19 delegates
Donald Trump : 14 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 7 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE WASHINGTON D.C. REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Anderson Cooper : « It's 10 : 30 pm and Ted Cruz largely leads in Wyoming. »

Wyoming Republican caucuses (75 % reported) - 29 delegates

Ted Cruz : 63 %
Marco Rubio : 16 %
Donald Trump : 5 %      

John King : « It's 10 : 45 pm and Ted Cruz wins the Wyoming caucuses. »

Wyoming Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 29 delegates

Ted Cruz : 69 % ✔ - 22 delegates
Marco Rubio : 23 % - 5 delegates
Donald Trump : 8 % - 2 delegates   

TED CRUZ WINS THE WYOMING REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 : 15 pm and we are able to make two projections : Marco Rubio is the winner in the Guam Republican caucuses and wins all the 9 delegates. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton wins the Northern Mariana Islands Democratic caucuses. »

Guam Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 9 delegates

Marco Rubio : 73 % ✔ - 9 delegates
Donald Trump : 15 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 12 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE GUAM REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Northern Mariana Islands Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 11 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 65,6 % ✔ - 7 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 34,4 % - 4 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « We'll see you, ladies and gentlemen, in three days for the coverage of mini Super Tuesday, a crucial contest where many important winner-take-all states will be voting : Florida (Marco Rubio's home state) and Ohio. Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina and the Northern Mariana Republicans will also be voting this day. For now, have a good night. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2017, 08:19:56 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:28:28 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 472 delegates
Donald Trump : 326 delegates
Ted Cruz : 295 delegates
Ben Carson : 7 delegates
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates
John Kasich : 1 delegate
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate
Rand Paul : 1 delegate
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate
Chris Christie : 0 delegate
Rick Santorum : 0 delegate
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 868 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 643 delegates
Martin O'Malley : 0 delegate

4763 delegates in total
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2017, 09:30:56 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 04:29:44 PM by UWS »

The Washington Post
Mini Super Tuesday

Political Geography: Tales from the campaign trail

Florida

Donald Trump focused most of his efforts in northern Florida. He could also benefit from the fact that he has a residence in Florida, a state he calls his « second home state ».
↑↗

Home state advantage
Marco Rubio is likely to take advantage at the fact that Florida is his home state, a state he represents at the United States Senate. Rubio, a Cuban-American, has strong Hispanic and Cuban-American support in Florida, which could favor him, especially in Center and Southern Florida, including in the Miami, Tampa and Orlando regions.

Nowhere man

Standing in a distant third in the Florida polls, Ted Cruz focused most of his efforts in the more conservative states voting on mini Super Tuesday such as Missouri and North Carolina and on Illinois and Ohio as well.

Ohio

↙↓↘
↖↑

Ohio looks like a showdown between Marco Rubio and Donald Trump. Rubio focused his efforts in the urban regions where he could benefit from the fiscal conservative vote, especially in Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati. He also campaigned in Ohio's eastern counties where a great part of the economy is based on oďl and gas drilling. But the state's blue-collar demographics favor Trump, who has been preaching a message of economic populism. Since the Buckeye State will be a key battleground in the general election, whoever carries the primary will be able to claim that he is the strongest candidate to face Hillary Clinton in the fall.

Illinois

The Cook County and the Collar Counties
Republican voters in Cook County are moderate on social issues. They are business-oriented and more affluent than the state as a whole. Republican votes will emanate from communities like Evanston, where many residents work in Chicago’s financial markets (Evanston is also the home of Northwestern University), and Schaumburg, which has the state’s second largest tax base after Chicago. Schaumburg is home to a number of corporations, including Motorola and Sears, both of which have their headquarters there. The “collar counties” — DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will — resemble the suburban parts of Cook County and should also be strong areas for Marco Rubio. Republican voters in these densely packed suburban counties are generally well educated and well off. For the most part, this is the Chamber of Commerce wing of the party, focused on the economy, taxes and business regulations. In 2008 and 2012, about a third of the primary electorate came from the collar counties. All these factors could help Rubio to win the Illinois primary.

The South
Counties in the south, like Effingham County, have large numbers of evangelical Christian voters, a group that could favor Donald Trump and Ted Cruz though Trump could be helped by economic populists.

Missouri

Though he didn't campaign in Missouri, Marco Rubio hopes to have his share of delegates in Missouri. He could be helped by the moderate population in Kansas City and St. Louis, both cities inhabited by an important population of non-white voters, especially Hispanics.
↓↘

↖↑↗

Competition for evangelical support
Ted Cruz has emerged as a favorite of Christian conservatives and hopes that his regional roots and religious focus will play well in Missouri though cautionary tale for his campaign came in Iowa (where he finished second behind Marco Rubio) and in South Carolina (where he finished third behind Donald Trump and Marco Rubio). Donald Trump could benefit from blue-collar conservative support due to his populist message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2019, 06:41:22 PM by UWS »

MINI SUPER TUESDAY, 2016
PART 1

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we are covering Mini Super Tuesday's developping results. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and Florida Senator Marco Rubio wins most of Florida's center counties. So Marco Rubio is leading in his home state of Florida. »

Florida Republican primary (25 % reported) - 99 delegates

Marco Rubio : 42 %
Donald Trump : 33 %      
Ted Cruz : 15 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton leads by a lot. »

Florida Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 246 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 56 %
Bernie Sanders : 29 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 15 pm and Marco Rubio all of Florida's southern counties, including the Miami-Dade county (home to Miami), where Senator Rubio was born 45 years ago. This is due to his strong support among Hispanics. »

Florida Republican primary (50 % reported) - 99 delegates

Marco Rubio : 45 %
Donald Trump : 32 %      
Ted Cruz : 16 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's the same for Hillary Clinton. »

Florida Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 246 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 59 %
Bernie Sanders : 30 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can report that Marco Rubio wins the Central Florida counties, including the Hillsborough county (Tampa's location) and the Orange county (home to Orlando) while he shares dominance in northern Florida with Donald Trump. »

Florida Republican primary (75 % reported) - 99 delegates

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Donald Trump : 34 %      
Ted Cruz : 17 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton is battling for supremacy in northern Florida with Bernie Sanders while she sweeps the same two counties I just mentionned. »

Florida Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 246 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 62 %
Bernie Sanders : 32 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 45 pm and we can project that Senator Marco Rubio will win in his home state of Florida and all the 99 delegates. Big win for Marco Rubio. »

Florida Republican primary (100 % reported) - 99 delegates

Marco Rubio : 52 % ✔ - 99 delegates
Donald Trump : 31 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 17 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE FLORIDA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton is the winner. »

Florida Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 246 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 66 % ✔ -  162 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 34 % - 84 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE FLORIDA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Let's go to Ohio. Marco Rubio is leading in most of Ohio's northern counties, including the Cuyahoga county (home to Cleveland) and the Lucas county (Toledo's location). It seems that Rubio benefits from Ohio Governor John Kasich's endorsement and from the fact he's the Republican who's making the strongest performance against Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in the national polls. »

Ohio Republican primary (25 % reported) - 66 delegates

Marco Rubio : 41 %
Donald Trump : 35 %      
Ted Cruz : 18 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton dominates in northern Ohio. »

Ohio Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 160 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Bernie Sanders : 36 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 pm and Marco Rubio sweeps most Ohio's northeastern counties and most of central Ohio, including the Franklin county (home to Columbus). »

Ohio Republican primary (50 % reported) - 66 delegates

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Ted Cruz : 19 %

Ohio Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 160 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Bernie Sanders : 38 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 15 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are sharing dominance in southern Ohio, though Rubio triumphs in the Hamilton county (Cincinnati's location). »

Ohio Republican primary (75 % reported) - 66 delegates

Marco Rubio : 49 %
Ted Cruz : 16 %

Wolf Blitzer : « We can see the same tendency between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders for the Democrats. »

Ohio Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 160 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 56 %
Bernie Sanders : 41 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 30 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio will win the Ohio primary and all the 66 delegates. »

Ohio Republican primary (100 % reported) - 66 delegates

Marco Rubio : 51 % ✔ - 66 delegates
Donald Trump : 35 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 14 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE OHIO REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « For the Democrats, Hillary Clinton repeats her  success in Ohio in 2008 by winning again the Ohio Democratic primary. »

Ohio Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 160 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 56 % ✔ -  90 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 44 % - 70 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE OHIO DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Let's turn our attention to the Illinois primary. Marco Rubio is leading in Illinois, but he's battling for supremacy in the center counties, though he leads in the Sangamon county (Springfield's location). »

Illinois Republican primary (25 % reported) - 69 delegates

Marco Rubio : 38 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton is disputing dominance in center counties. »

Illinois Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 183 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 44 %
Bernie Sanders : 40 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 45 pm and Marco Rubio sweeps most of Illinois' northeastern counties, especially the collar counties and the Cook county (home to Chicago). »

Illinois Republican primary (50 % reported) - 69 delegates

Marco Rubio : 44 %
Donald Trump : 36 %      

Wolf Blitzer : « The same for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary. »

Illinois Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 183 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 47 %
Bernie Sanders : 42 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 pm. While Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are sharing dominance in southern Illinois, Marco Rubio wins the Winnebago county (Rockford's location). »

Illinois Republican primary (75 % reported) - 69 delegates

Marco Rubio : 46 %
Ted Cruz : 20 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Bernie Sanders is making progress in Illinois due to his strong showing in the southern counties. »

Illinois Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 183 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Bernie Sanders : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Now is 10 : 15 pm. Senator Rubio is the winner of the Illinois Republican primary. »

Illinois Republican primary (100 % reported) - 69 delegates

Marco Rubio : 45 % ✔ - 54 delegates
Donald Trump : 35 % - 9 delegates      
Ted Cruz : 20 % - 6 delegates

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE ILLINOIS REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton wins the primary in President Barack Obama's home state of Illinois. »

Illinois Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 183 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 53 % ✔ -  105 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 47 % - 78 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE ILLINOIS DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2017, 02:33:18 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2017, 04:31:05 PM by UWS »

MINI SUPER TUESDAY, 2016
PART 2

Anderson Cooper : « We now have reports in Missouri. It's a tie between Mr. Trump and Senator Cruz. »

Missouri Republican primary (25 % reported) - 52 delegates

Ted Cruz : 34 %
Marco Rubio : 16 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's also a dead heat battle between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. »

Missouri Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 84 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 40 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 30 pm. Ted Cruz is narrowly leading Donald Trump in Missouri after winning in the Cole county (home to Jefferson City). Marco Rubio is getting closer to the 20 % threshold he needs tohave his share of delegates in Missouri after topping the Republican field in St. Louis City county (St. Louis' location). »

Missouri Republican primary (50 % reported) - 52 delegates

Ted Cruz : 38 %
Donald Trump : 36 %
Marco Rubio : 19 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Clinton and Sanders are fighting for supremacy in center counties, though the Vermont Senator has won the Cole county. »

Missouri Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 84 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 43 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 45 pm. Donald Trump retakes the lead over Ted Cruz in Missouri after affirming his dominance in the state's northern and southern counties. Marco Rubio wins the Jackson county (Kansas City's location). »

Missouri Republican primary (75 % reported) - 52 delegates

Donald Trump : 41 %      
Ted Cruz : 38 %
Marco Rubio : 21 %

Missouri Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 84 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 47 %
Bernie Sanders : 45 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 pm. Donald Trump wins the Missouri primary. »

Missouri Republican primary (100 % reported) - 52 delegates

Donald Trump : 42 % ✔ - 32 delegates      
Ted Cruz : 36 % - 10 delegates
Marco Rubio : 22 % - 10 delegates

DONALD TRUMP WINS THE MISSOURI REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Missouri is going to be won by Hillary Clinton by only two percentage points. »

Missouri Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 84 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 51 % ✔ - 43 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 49 % - 41 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE MISSOURI DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

John King : « In North Carolina, Donald Trump is narrowly leading while Ted Cruz won in Raleigh and Marco Rubio won the Mecklenburg county (home to Charlotte) and all the neighboring counties. »

North Carolina Republican primary (75 % reported) - 72 delegates

Donald Trump : 41 %      
Ted Cruz : 37 %
Marco Rubio : 22 %

John King : « Hillary Clinton leads in North Carolina's southern, center and northern counties while Bernie Sanders does the same for western counties. »

North Carolina Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 120 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 55 %
Bernie Sanders : 42 %

Wolf Blitzer : « 11 : 15 pm. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the winners of the North Carolina primary. »

North Carolina Republican primary (100 % reported) - 72 delegates

Donald Trump : 41 % ✔ - 30 delegates      
Ted Cruz : 35 % - 27 delegates
Marco Rubio : 24 % - 15 delegates

DONALD TRUMP WINS THE NORTH CAROLINA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

North Carolina Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 120 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 56 % ✔ - 67 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 44 % - 53 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « And already another projection for the Northern Mariana Islands Republican caucuses : Senator Marco Rubio is the winner and wins all the 9 delegates»

Northern Mariana Islands Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 9 delegates

Marco Rubio : 77 % ✔ - 9 delegates
Donald Trump : 13 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 10 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE NORTHERN MARIANA ISLANDS REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « So there's no doubt about it :  Marco Rubio is the biggest winner of the mini Super Tuesday. His victories tonight propelled him above 700 delegates so he needs at least 500 more delegates to win the Republican nomination. These victories are likely to make Senator Rubio the frontrunner of the Republican primary race. »

Anderson Cooper : « We'll see it in the next few days. On the Democratic side, this was a big night for Hillary Clinton. She won every contest and has at least 1000 delegates. »

John King : « But she can savour these victories for now, but late March and early April risk to be hard for Hillary Clinton because many western states (Utah, Idaho, Alaska, Washington, etc.) might favor Bernie Sanders since these states are mostly inhabited by white populations. »

Anderson Cooper :  « So here's what Sanders might be telling himself : Go West, old man! »

John King : « (Laughs) That's right, because he passed the age where he can be described as young. »

Wolf Blitzer : « So, we'll see you in a week for the coverage of the primaries and caucuses Arizona, Utah, Idaho and the American Samoa. Have a good night. »

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2017, 02:36:07 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2017, 02:59:29 PM by Jaguar4life »

You know I would love to see a Rubio vs Sanders matchup.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2017, 02:47:30 PM »

You should show the running popular vote count in the GOP.  If the Trump popular vote ends up being ahead of Rubio but in a brokered convention Rubio is nominated then that would give Trump the main excuse to run as a third party candidate.

But all things equal this scenario is pretty much the scenario I was hoping for as a Rubio partisan the night before IA caucus. 
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2017, 02:49:02 PM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:29:03 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 725 delegates, 41.1 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 397 delegates, 30.04 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 338 delegates, 22.42 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 2.7 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.71 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.34 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.17 % of the vote
Rand Paul : 1 delegate, 0.11 % of the vote
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate, 0.05 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.21 % of the vote
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate, 0.05 % of the vote
Rick Santorum : 0 delegate, 0.02 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 1335 delegates, 53.88 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 969 delegates, 46.08 % of the vote
Martin O'Malley : 0 delegate, 0.03 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2017, 03:16:38 PM »

I expect a close race between Trump and Rubio.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »

Trump has no chance from here on out
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2017, 08:15:14 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2019, 10:04:56 PM by UWS »

CNN
Florida Republican primary exit polls

Men (51 %)               Women (49 %)

Cruz                  14 %                          13 %
Rubio                57 %                            59 %
Trump               30 %[/b]                            28 %

18-29 (9 %)              30-44 (15 %)         45-64 (41 %)         65 and older (34 %)

Cruz                  17 %                           18 %                      15 %                     10 %
Rubio               57 %                            52 %                      52 %                      55 %
Trump                26 %                            30 %                       33 %                      35 %

Race

White (80 %)                   Hispanic (17 %)                 Other non-white (3 %)      
Cruz                  24 %                             12 %                                   n/a                                
Rubio                40 %                    66 %                                   n/a          
Trump              36 %                               22 %                                   n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (35 %)       Somewhat conservative (36 %)         Moderate (29 %)        
Cruz                  22 %                           9 %                                               8 %                            
Rubio                44 %                           59 %                                                   69 %                      
Trump               34 %                       32 %                                                  23 %

Most important issue

Immigration (10 %)         Economy/Jobs (56 %)         Terrorism (17 %)        Govt. spending (19 %)

Cruz                  n/a                           11 %                           10 %                       14 %
Rubio                 n/a                             59 %                        61 %                      56 %
Trump                n/a                            30 %                         29 %                       30 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (40 %)          Shares my values (14 %)    Tells it like it is (17 %)  Can bring change (29 %)

Cruz                  6 %                           22 %                                        14 %                        12 %
Rubio                68 %                            50 %                                      41 %                         55 %
Trump               31 %                            28 %                                     45 %                         33 %

CNN
Ohio Republican primary exit polls

Men (51 %)               Women (49 %)

Cruz                  12 %                          14 %
Rubio                49 %                            54 %
Trump               39 %                            32 %

18-29 (12 %)              30-44 (18 %)         45-64 (48 %)         65 and older (23 %)

Cruz                  17 %                           12 %                      14 %                     10 %
Rubio               59 %                            52 %                      48 %                      53 %
Trump                24 %                            36 %                       38 %                      37 %

Race

White (94 %)                       Non-white (6 %)                    
Cruz                  13 %                                      12 %                                                                
Rubio                50 %                                       60 %                                              
Trump              37 %                                       28 %

Ideology

Very conservative (31 %)       Somewhat conservative (42 %)         Moderate (25 %)        
Cruz                  26 %                                 10 %                                                  4 %                            
Rubio                37 %                               52 %                                                  65 %
Trump               37 %                               38 %                                                  31 %

Most important issue

Immigration (7 %)         Economy/Jobs (39 %)         Terrorism (32 %)        Govt. spending (29 %)

Cruz                  14 %                           11 %                           12 %                       17 %
Rubio                17 %                            56 %                        53 %                      51 %
Trump               69 %                            33 %                         35 %                      32 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (10 %)          Shares my values (37 %)    Tells it like it is (17 %) Can bring change (33 %)

Cruz                  14 %                           22 %                                        2 %                        9 %
Rubio                54 %                       69 %                                      20 %                         45 %
Trump               32 %                            9 %                                     78 %                         46 %

CNN
Illinois Republican primary exit polls

Men (50 %)               Women (50 %)

Cruz                  24 %                          24 %
Rubio               37 %                            45 %
Trump                39 %                            31 %

18-29 (12 %)              30-44 (19 %)         45-64 (44 %)         65 and older (24 %)

Cruz                  25 %                           28 %                      32 %                     29 %
Rubio               47 %                            46 %                      29 %                      28 %
Trump                28 %                            26 %                       43 %                      43 %

Race

White (92 %)                       Non-white (8 %)                    
Cruz                  30 %                                      n/a                                                                
Rubio                35 %                                   n/a                                              
Trump              35 %                                      n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (26 %)       Somewhat conservative (46 %)         Moderate (25 %)        
Cruz                  49 %                                 29 %                                                  15 %                            
Rubio                14 %                               31 %                                                  50 %
Trump               37 %                               40 %                                                  35 %

Most important issue

Immigration (9 %)         Economy/Jobs (40 %)         Terrorism (16 %)        Govt. spending (32 %)

Cruz                  21 %                           23 %                           28 %                       17 %
Rubio                10 %                            44 %                        40 %                      51 %
Trump               69 %                            33 %                         32 %                      32 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (11 %)          Shares my values (38 %)    Tells it like it is (17 %) Can bring change (31 %)

Cruz                  14 %                           14 %                                        11 %                        26 %
Rubio                 53 %                       45 %                                      18 %                         24 %
Trump               33 %                            41 %                                     70 %                         46 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »

CNN
Missouri Republican primary exit polls

Men (52 %)               Women (48 %)

Cruz                  39 %                          43 %
Rubio               16 %                            19 %
Trump                45 %                  38 %

18-29 (13 %)              30-44 (19 %)         45-64 (45 %)         65 and older (23 %)

Cruz                  48 %                           48 %                      39 %                     34 %
Rubio               13 %                            19 %[/b]                      20 %                      16 %
Trump                39 %                            33 %                       41 %                      50 %

Race

White (93 %)                       Non-white (7 %)                    
Cruz                  40 %                                      n/a                                                                
Rubio                17 %                                   n/a                                              
Trump              43 %                                      n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (40 %)       Somewhat conservative (39 %)         Moderate (19 %)        
Cruz                  55 %                                 38 %                                                  24 %                            
Rubio                8 %                               19 %                                                  34 %
Trump               37 %                               43 %                                                  43 %

Most important issue

Immigration (11 %)         Economy/Jobs (34 %)         Terrorism (21 %)        Govt. spending (32 %)

Cruz                  31 %                           37 %                           38 %                       53 %
Rubio                5 %                            21 %                        23 %                      15 %
Trump               64 %                            42 %                         39 %                      32 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (10 %)          Shares my values (38 %)    Tells it like it is (20 %) Can bring change (31 %)

Cruz                  36 %                           62 %                                        11 %                        38 %
Rubio                21 %                       26 %                                      7 %                         14 %
Trump               43 %                            12 %                                     82 %                         48 %

CNN
North Carolina Republican primary exit polls

Men (50 %)               Women (50 %)

Cruz                  37 %                          39 %
Rubio               19 %                            25 %
Trump                44 %                  36 %

18-29 (13 %)              30-44 (20 %)         45-64 (41 %)         65 and older (25 %)

Cruz                  43 %                           43 %                      37 %                     32 %
Rubio               27 %                            20 %[/b]                      17 %                      26 %
Trump                30 %                            37 %                       46 %                      42 %

Race

White (94 %)                       Non-white (6 %)                    
Cruz                  38 %                                      n/a                                                                
Rubio                21 %                                   n/a                                              
Trump              41 %                                      n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (37 %)       Somewhat conservative (42 %)         Moderate (19 %)        
Cruz                  54 %                                 32 %                                                  20 %                            
Rubio                12 %                               22 %                                                  40 %
Trump               34 %                               46 %                                                  40 %

Most important issue

Immigration (8 %)         Economy/Jobs (39 %)         Terrorism (22 %)        Govt. spending (28 %)

Cruz                  31 %                           33 %                           44 %                       44 %
Rubio                10 %                            26 %                        21 %                      21 %
Trump               59 %                            41 %                         35 %                      35 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (10 %)          Shares my values (39 %)    Tells it like it is (17 %) Can bring change (32 %)

Cruz                  37 %                           58 %                                        11 %                        38 %
Rubio                24 %                       32 %                                      8 %                         17 %
Trump               39 %                            10 %                                     81 %                         56 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2017, 08:52:19 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 04:48:16 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Miami, Florida

Thank you. Thank you so very much.

This is a great victory and a great night for America, because our party is uniting toward our campaign in order to start the work and to start the campaign to win in November, to beat Hillary Clinton, to get America back to work through smaller government, tax cuts for all the people, energy independence, free trade, education reform, budget balance, infrastructure development and businesses' promotion. After we win on November, America and the rest of the world will be safer through a stronger and modernized U.S. military, stronger alliances and stronger international freedom in order to fight and destroy international terrorism, to defeat tyranny for the sake of democracy and to restore international territorial integrity.

Bienvenida en el siglo XXI, un Nuevo Siglo Americano para todos los estadounidenses por la prosperidad, por la segurida, por la justicia, por la unidad nacional.

Six years ago, the Deepwater Horizon crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, not far away from here, hurt oil industry as well as our whole economy. Then Barack Obama's taxes and regulations on energy industry made this economic situation worse and made us much more dependent on foreign oil, including from countries in throes of terrorism, thus, sometimes, unwillingly funding terrorist groups. We need to relaunch oil production by doubling permits on federal lands, approve the Keystone XL pipeline, drill in ANWR, build the TransAmerica Energy pipeline and another one from Alaska to Canada and exploit oil resources in the North Pole through the use of underwater tankers. That way, we will get energy independence through energy revolution that will make us the world energy superpower, bring massive job creation, boost our automotive industry and give us the necessary revenues to develop renewable energies to create jobs. That's how we'll grow our economy while preserving the environment. Free trade with Latin America will reinforce our relations with this region's nations, ensure economic growth through free market, reduced tariffs  and lower costs of trading. I believe it will make a contribution to Cuba's democratization through free market promotion just as it did for Indonesia two decades ago. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. Along with the Trans-Pacific Partnsership, It will also help us to keep our status as the first economic power in the world since Latin America's economy is as powerful as China's, which will keep our trade power stronger than China's. By cutting taxes for all the American people and for business owners, by reducing the cost of doing business in America and by developping infratructure through a part of future budget surplus, America will remain the best place in the world to open a business, which will reinforce the American people's purchasing power, increase wages, reduce the deficit, reinforce production and consumption, create jobs, and bring creative innovation.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders want to close Guantanamo that is located  in Cuba, not away from here in Florida, which will decrease our national security. We can't afford to risk allowing terrorists to escape and to kill more Americans. Too much Americans are murdered since too long by coward terrorists. When I'm president, our security measures will be increased, our defense budget will be increased, our military will be reinforced and modernized, our alliances will be consolidated and expanded. Terrorism will be defeated thanks to strong military coalitions, strong military force and effective intelligence operations. Diplomatic and economic sanctions as well as the my co-sponsored Bipartisan Counterterrorist Coalition Act will make sure that Iran will never ever get any nuclear weapons, that it will instead use its nuclear energy for its economic growth and that Israel as well as all the Middle East will remain stable, safe and free.

Time has come for a real conservative voice that will lead us to victory on November.

Thank you. Que Dios los bendiga a todos y Que Dios Bendiga los Estados Unidos de America.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2017, 09:17:13 PM »

Trump only won NC by 4 in real life.. how does he win it by more when he is doing worse in this timeline?? Sorry you got NC all wrong, Rubio would win it with Cruz coming in a close second.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2017, 09:41:37 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2017, 09:51:19 PM by UWS »

Trump only won NC by 4 in real life.. how does he win it by more when he is doing worse in this timeline?? Sorry you got NC all wrong, Rubio would win it with Cruz coming in a close second.

It's because Rubio focused more time and efforts on Florida, Ohio and Illinois than North Carolina. It was a matter of time because he had to win these three crucial primaries, which two of them were big winner-take-all contests.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2017, 09:47:46 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2017, 10:23:21 PM by UWS »

New polls

Due to his recent victories on mini Super Tuesday, Florida Senator Marco Rubio is now the frontrunner for the Republican nomination for President of the United States. He's now leading in Arizona and Utah, both states that will be voting next week on March 22. On the Democratic side, according to recent polls, Bernie Sanders can hope to form a Western bloc in order to stop Hillary Clinton from winning the Democratic nomination, whether it's by getting to 2382 delegates or through a brokered convention.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 47 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Undecided : 11 %

Arizona polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Ted Cruz : 20 %
Undecided : 9 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 24 %
Undecided : 26 %

Utah polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 41 %
 Ted Cruz : 27 %
Donald Trump : 21 %
Undecided : 11 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 52 %
Undecided : 4 %

Idaho polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 47 %
Hillary Clinton : 45 %
Undecided : 8 %

Alaska polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 48 %
Hillary Clinton : 34 %
Undecided : 18 %

Washington polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 49 %
Hillary Clinton : 43 %
Undecided : 8 %

Hawaii polls

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 48 %
Hillary Clinton : 46 %
Undecided : 6 %

North Dakota polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 58 %
Marco Rubio : 23 %
Donald Trump : 14 %
Undecided : 5 %

Wisconsin polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 36 %
Donald Trump : 32 %
Undecided : 14 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 44 %
Undecided : 6 %

General election polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 51 %

Hillary Clinton vs Ted Cruz

Ted Cruz : 41 %

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Hillary Clinton : 46 %
Donald Trump: 39 %

Bernie Sanders vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 52 %
Bernie Sanders : 47 %

Bernie Sanders vs Ted Cruz

Bernie Sanders : 50 %
Ted Cruz : 39 %

Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump

Bernie Sanders : 52 %
Donald Trump : 38 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2018, 09:39:56 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

Senator Marco Rubio, the Republican frontrunner, has scored new major endorsements, especially from Arizona Senator John McCain, the 2008 Republican presidential nominee. McCain, a former POW in Vietnam and expert on foreign affairs stated that the Rubio is « the most qualified candidate to be commander-in-chief. Among all the Republican candidates, he has the best experience to keep our country safe, to fight terrorism and to restore democracy in the world. »

Here are the endorsements Rubio scored in Utah : Utah Senators Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee who described the Florida Senator as the most fiscally responsible conservative in the race. CIA agent Evan McMullin gave his endorsement to Rubio and even criticized Donald Trump's extremist views. In the eventuality that Trump wins the Republican nomination, McMullin considers a third-party candidacy.

A 13th Republican debate to be held in Salt Lake City

Since the Republican nomination is far from being granted to him, Donald Trump accepted to participate at the 13th Republican presidential primary debate that is scheduled on March 21 in Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah. This debate will be hosted by Fox News and moderated by Chris Wallace, Megyn Kelly and Bret Baier.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2017, 07:42:55 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2019, 07:56:36 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule

March 16, 2016
-Flight to Phoenix, Arizona
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Foreign policy speech at the Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix, AZ, alongside Senator John McCain
-Economic policy speech at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, AZ
-Speech at the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Phoenix, AZ
-Fundraising event at the Orpheum Theater in Phoenix, AZ
-Speech at the Arizona Science Center in Phoenix, AZ
-Rally at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ
-Supper with the voters at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix, AZ
-Fundraising breakfast at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix, AZ
-Meet with voters and donors at the Phoenix Community College in Phoenix, AZ
-Speech at the Phoenix Art Museum in Phoenix, AZ
-Rally at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix, AZ
-Debate preparation

March 17, 2016
-Speech at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum at the Arizona State Fairgrounds in Phoenix, AZ
-Rally with voters at Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, AZ
-Speech at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral in Phoenix, AZ
-Dinner with the voters at Garcia's in Phoenix, AZ
-Foreign policy speech at Raytheon Missile Systems facility in Tucson, AZ
-Economic policy speech at Universal Avionics headquarters in Tucson, AZ
-Speech at the Jewish History Museum in Tucson, AZ
-Energy policy speech at Global Solar Energy headquarters in Tucson, AZ
-Speech at the Cathedral of Saint Augustine in Tucson, AZ
-Barnstorm in Nogales, AZ
-Barnstorm in Bisbee, AZ
-Barnstorm in El Mirage, AZ
-Advertisement filming
-Barnstorm in Casa Grande, AZ
-Infrastructure policy speech at Arizona Railway Museum in Chandler, AZ
-Economic policy speech at the Intel facility in Chandler, AZ
-Debate preparation

March 18, 2016
-Advertisement filming
-Speech at the Liberty Market in Gilbert, AZ
-Barnstorm in Gilbert, AZ
-Meet with college voters at the Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ
-Rally at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, AZ
-Energy policy speech at the Salt River Project headquarters in Tempe, AZ
-Foreign policy speech at the Marine Corps Air Station Yuma in Yuma, AZ
-Barnstorm in Yuma, AZ
-Immigration policy speech at Scottsdale Stadium in Scottsdale, AZ
-Supper with the voters at Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale, AZ
-Breakfast with the voters at Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale, AZ
-Speech on the American Dream at Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art in Scottsdale, Arizona
-Counterterrorist policy speech at General Dynamics Mission Systems facility in Scottsdale, AZ
-Fundraising event at Hassayampa Hotel in Prescott, AZ
-Barnstorm in Prescott, AZ
-Immigration policy speech at Coconino Community College in Flagstaff, AZ
-Barnstorm in Flagstaff, AZ
-Barnstorm in Lake Havasu, AZ
-Fundraising event at Desert Ridge Marketplace in Phoenix, AZ

March 19, 2016
-Flight to Salt Lake City, Utah
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Meet with college voters at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, UT
-Energy policy speech at Sinclair Oil Corporation headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT
-Economic policy speech at Huntsman Corporation headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT
-Fundraising event at Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City, UT
-Town-hall meeting at the Salt Lake City Public Library in Salt Lake City, UT
-Rally at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, UT
-Speech at the Salt Lake Temple in Salt Lake City, UT
-Speech at the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Salt Lake City, UT
-Bus trip to West Valley City, UT
-Immigration policy speech in West Valley City, UT
-Rally at the Maverick Center in West Valley City, UT
-Debate preparation

March 20, 2016
-Bus trip to West Jordan, UT
-Barnstorm in West Jordan, UT
-Bus trip to Provo, UT
-Economic policy speech at Nu Skin Enterprises headquarters in Provo, UT
-Meet with college voters at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT
-Speech at the Provo Utah Temple in Provo, UT
-Rally at Peaks Ice Arena in Provo, UT
-Debate preparation
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an attack ad against Donald Trump on the War on Terror issue accusing the real estate developer of being a part of the problem by insulting Muslims, seeking to kill the wives and children of jihadists (which is a war crime), seeking to ban Muslims and wanting to force them to wear a yellow badge like the Jews were forced to wear a yellow star under Adolf Hitler's dictatorship, which, according to Rubio, encourages jihadist propaganda. The ad titled « Part of the Problem » airs in Arizona and Utah

« Part of the Problem » advertisement narration :

Donald Trump is unqualified to be commander-in-chief. He doesn't understand what it takes to defeat terrorism. If he's elected, he will do nothing but complicating our crusade against terrorism. In fact he is himself a part of the problem. He wants to ban Muslims out of the United States, he's multiplying insults against this community and wants to force Muslims to wear a yellow badge to identify them.

In addition, he plans to order our soldiers to kill families (including women and children) of terrorists, which is not only a war crime but will also encourage some Muslims to reclaim vengence, push them to radicalization and contribute to more terrorist attacks against the United States.

Trump's plan will be ineffective and will only encourage terrorist propaganda. We can't afford a leader like Donald Trump to allow more terrorist threat and further terrorist attacks against us.

Marco Rubio understands it. That's why he will be President of all the American people and work with everyone, including Muslims, to defeat jihadism.

Marco Rubio's statement during the 12th Republican presidential primary debate :

« If you look around the world at the challenges we face, we are going to have to work together with other - with Muslims, who are not radicals. We're going to have to work with the Jordanian kingdom.We're going to have to work with the Saudis. We're going to have to work with the Gulf kingdoms. We're going to have to work with the Egyptians to defeat, for example, ISIS. It will take a Sunni Arab movement to defeat them. And so I think you can be correct without meaning to be politically correct. We are going to have to work with people of the Muslim faith even as Islam itself faces a serious crisis within it of radicalization. »

That's how we're going to defeat jihadism.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

March 21, 2016
-Bus trip to Salt Lake City, UT
-Debate preparation for all afternoon
-Infrastructure policy speech at the Salt Lake City Union Pacific Depot in Salt Lake City, UT
-Marco Rubio debates with Donald Trump and Ted Cruz at Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, UT

March 22, 2016
-Rally at Rio Tinto Stadium in Salt Lake City, UT
-Foreign policy speech in Salt Lake City, UT
-Size of government policy speech in Salt Lake City, UT
-Speech at Vivint Smart Home Arena in Salt Lake City, UT, where Senator Rubio expresses his optimism about Los Angeles' candidacy for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games
-Flight to Phoenix, AZ
-Economic policy speech at Hispanic Marketing Group headquarters in Phoenix, AZ, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Rally with supporters at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix, AZ, to watch the development of the results of the primaries and caucuses in Arizona and Utah
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2017, 10:41:37 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2019, 07:59:01 AM by UWS »

13th and final Republican presidential debate
Part 1

Date : March 21, 2016

Place : Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah

Host : Fox News

Moderators :  Chris Wallace, Megyn Kelly and Bret Baier

Trump    Rubio   Cruz

Chris Wallace : China once adopted the one-child policy before increasing the limit number of children per family at two. These policies have been criticized for violating a human right of determining the size of one's own family. Do you believe it would be a reason why abortion should not be tolerated in the United States?

Marco Rubio : I do. Allowing abortion restricts the right for unborn children to live as well as the human right of determining the size of one's own family, like you just said Chris. Everybody, whether or not they are yet eligible to vote, has the right to live. And like I said, if we tolerate abortion, future generations are likely to look back at this history of our country and call us barbarians for murdering millions of babies who we never gave them a chance to live.

This is not only a social issue. It's also an economic issue. By the way, Chris, one of the main reasons why the Glorious Thirty (1945-1972) was so prosperous was the great number of young baby boomers who were ready to integrate the workforce. Today, it's exactly the opposite :  many baby boomers are going to entitlement, thus hurting our workforce and slowing our GDP and our economy. So we need younger people to replace them and we can't do it if we kill these young people before they are born. If we want longer term economic growth and prosperity, we need to fight abortion in order to let future generations live and make sure that our workforce will get stronger and stronger, making our economy growing again.

[...]

Megyn Kelly : Mr. Trump, you said that Mexico will pay for the building of your planned wall on the US-Mexico borders no matter what. How do you plan to do that?

Donald Trump : Like you said, Mexico is going to pay, believe me. If Mexico fails to show respect for us, I will raise tariffs and taxes on imported products from Mexico, which will force them to pay or help us getting the necessary revenues to build that great wall to protect our country against illegal immigration and drug dealers.

Megyn Kelly : Senator Rubio, you claimed that the wall that Mr. Trump plans to build won't be enough to stop illegal immigration and that Trump's plan is the contrast of fiscal conservatism and responsibility. Can you explain that?

Marco Rubio : Well, Megyn, I will give you an example of this matter of fact. Approximately 40 % of undocumented immigrants came by air, not through our borders with Mexico. So Donald has picked the wrong target.

Of course, we have to reinforce security in our borders, but the construction of such a wall will cost American taxpayers billions and billions of dollars. Who knows if Donald's plan B for funding the construction of his wall is to tax the American people, which will decrease their purchasing power. This is not fiscal responsibility. How is this conservative to spend taxpayers' money to build a wall that won't be enough to stop illegal immigration?

Donald's plan risks of restricting our exchanges with Mexico, especially in the trade sector. Texas, for example, has an economy mostly based on trade with Mexico. Oil and chicken are among the main products that Texas exports to Mexico and with Donald's agenda, our country and our businesses will be less competitive in North America's economy, which will destroy opportunities to create jobs in America through lower tariffs that reduce the cost of trading. Populism is not a conservative value. We need to be the party that defends free market, free enterprise, fiscal responsibility, all policies that will bring the American people to prosperity.

(APPLAUSE)

[...]

Bret Baier : Mr. Trump, according to recent polls, you are the only Republican candidate on this stage who risks to lose Utah, a Republican stronghold, against Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. How do you plan to make sure that Utah will not change allegiance if you're the Republican nominee?

Donald Trump : You know Utah is a great and beautiful state. The establishment has a hold on Utah and the establishment hates me, I think that's why I'm in risk of losing Utah. But let me tell you, I will win Utah on Election Day anyway because Utah is a very proud conservative state. So is there a single one resident in Utah that would want Hillary Clinton, a liberal and a corrupted liar who's running for Barack Obama's third term, and Bernie Sanders, a socialist who will kill our economy through extremely big government policies that will tax and regulate the American people and our businesses and make us deeply dependent on foreign energy? Both of them will take away our people's right to wear a gun, which will violate the Second Amendment. If Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders win, our people will be in a big fat mess like hell, believe me. I won't allow it and that's why Utah voters should vote for me as the Republican nominee this fall.

Bret Baier : Senator Rubio, why is Trump trailing Clinton and Sanders in Utah, according to you?

Marco Rubio : Because Donald insulted Mormons and their faith. Almost all Utah voters are Mormon and that's why Donald risks of losing this conservative state if he's the nominee. And you know, I was myself a Mormon as a young boy when me and my family lived in Las Vegas before converting to Christianity.

Donald doesn't understand the Constitution of the United States, especially our First Amendment. By speaking against Mormons with such lack of respect, he attacked the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States that defends freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble and the right to petition. We don't need a nominee that doesn't respect these fundamental rights. We need a nominee that will defend American values. That's what will bring the conservative movement and the American people together and that's how we're going to beat Hillary Clinton.

(APPLAUSE)

Bret Baier : Thank you Senator Rubio. Senator Cruz, your response please.

Ted Cruz : Well, Marco is right. Donald is not a champion of American values. He's not a champion of conservative faith. Donald supported Bill Clinton's Assault Weapons Ban, which violated the Second Amendment of the United States that protects the right to wear guns for self-defense. In his book, Donald even said « I agree with Bill Clinton. I hate guns. » On abortion, Donald supports federal tax payer funding for Planned Parenthood. We have to remain a pro-life party. We can't allow unborn babies to be killed.

That's why Utah voters don't like Donald. That's why he's trailing Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in Utah polls, because he's not a real conservative. If we nominate a false conservative like Donald, conservative voters, including those in Utah, will stay home instead of going to the polls on November and we will lose again. That's exactly why we lost in 2008 and 2012 because we nominated moderate Republicans. We need to nominate a real conservative who defends values that will encourage all conservatives across this country, including here in Utah, to go to the polls, which will lead us to victory. I seek to be such Republican nominee.

Chris Wallace : Mr. Trump. Arizona will also hold its primary tomorrow alongside Utah. Arizona is represented to the United States Senate by John McCain, a Vietnam veteran who was captured in Vietnam and received war hero status. Last summer, you questioned Senator McCain's war hero status. Why Senator McCain doesn't deserve this status?

Donald Trump : Because we don't become a war hero by being captured by the enemy. With all due respect, Senator McCain is a loser : he was captured in Vietnam, he was tortured and that's why he's against torture, a method that helped us fighting terrorism. And finally, he lost the 2008 presidential election to Barack Obama. If he won in 2008, we would not have been in this mess that America is actually living.

(BOOS)

Chris Wallace : Senator Rubio, you want to respond?

Marco Rubio : Absolutely. Senator McCain is a friend of mine. I am proud of his courage, his great service to our country and his record. And I am proud to be endorsed by John McCain. And that's absolutely irresponsible to question John McCain's war hero status because he deserves this status and you know why, because of the missions he accomplished in Vietnam and because when he was captured by Vietcongs, he refused early release. Because if he accepted it, it would have encouraged communist propaganda. This is putting country first. We are a nation that shows great respect and gratitude to our men and women in uniform for their service and that's why I co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America. We can't let veterans on their own and we have to keep our faith on our men and women in uniform. If I'm the nominee, we will keep defending our veterans' honor.

(APPLAUSE)

Chris Wallace : Recently, Russia withdrew its troops from Syria. How do you think will it affect the situation in Syria?

Marco Rubio : It means that our fight against ISIS will be much more easy. The reason why it's actually difficult is because Syria is led by a dictatorial regime led by Bachar el-Assad who is slaying his own people and is defended by Russia for economic purposes. Without Russia's military support, Assad is on his own, which will make it easier for Syrian rebels to topple him and to restore democracy, justice, integrity and freedom in Syria. Such regime change in Syria will help us and our allies to accomplish our fight against ISIS because Syria will be given back to the Syrian people and Syrians will have trust in their government again thanks to stronger freedom, integrity and justice. That way, Syria will not only be free but also safe. And by working with Syria, we will defeat ISIS and other jihadist groups.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2017, 10:42:26 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2019, 07:59:51 AM by UWS »

13th and final Republican presidential debate
Part 2

Date : March 21, 2016

Place : Salt Palace in Salt Lake City, Utah

Host : Fox News

Moderators :  Chris Wallace, Megyn Kelly and Bret Baier

Trump    Rubio   Cruz

Chris Wallace : Why are you the one person on this stage that is most likely to defeat Hillary Clinton?

Ted Cruz : I'm the strongest defender of the Constitution of the United States running this election. I'm the strongest defender of conservative faith and American values while Donald is embracing New York values, which are liberal values, and Marco is embracing amnesty. So if you nominate me, a proud conservative Republican, we will bring all conservatives together, which we failed to do in the previous two presidential elections. All conservatives will go to the polls and we will win.

Donald Trump : We have these two guys : Marco and Ted, who both represent the establishment just like Hillary Clinton represents the establishment of the Democratic Party. We need a nominee who is outside the establishment. The people is feeling betrayed by the establishment who failed to reduce taxes and who support free trade agreements that brought American jobs overseas. Unlike Hillary Clinton and these two guys alongside of me, I speak straight and that's why in every single exit poll in every state that voted in the primaries, I'm in the top by a big fat margin among voters who want a candidate who tells things like they are. So if I'm the nominee, more voters will come to the Republican Party, believe me, and the silent majority will have its right to speak. That's how I will beat Hillary Clinton.

Marco Rubio : I'm the son of Cuban immigrants that came here in America for economic opportunities and that could never come back to Cuba because of Castro's tyranny. Though they struggled to adapt in this new society, they were successful and they made sure that their children's' lives would be more successful than theirs. I understand the concerns of the Hispanic community because I lived the American Dream. We need to reform our immigration system to reinforce security in our borders, to make our country more inclusive and to give immigrants a fair chance to earn American citizenship, to earn higher education if they need it and to prosper by experiencing the American Dream on the land of opportunity. Free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. That's how I will be able to expand our party's support among Hispanics and young people.

I'm seating in the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and on the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. Unlike Hillary Clinton, I know what it takes to create jobs and to make America working again. My economic plan will not only boost job creation and bring prosperity back to America but will also bring all the American people together thanks to bipartisan elements, which will help our party to expand its support among the American people.

I have the best foreign policy experience to counter Hillary Clinton's disastrous record that gave us further growing of international terrorism, that allowed Russia to keep threatening international peace and that got Iran closer from getting nuclear weapons. By promoting peace through strength thanks to an increase of our military presence in strategic areas and to the creation of intergovernmental military alliances, we will deter Iran and North Korea from pursuing the development of their nuclear programs and fight radical Islamic terrorism more effectively. By increasing military spending and sending all the necessary troops and arsenal in the Middle East, America and its allies will be able to defeat terrorism all across this region for the sake of international security, freedom and peace. That's my agenda, because that's the right way to fight terrorism. This is such clear and strong foreign policy judgement that will help me to beat Hillary Clinton and make America safe.

Who won the debate?
Marco Rubio : 53 %
Ted Cruz : 30 %
Donald Trump : 17 %
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies