Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:04:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 203439 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »

Trump wins NY
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2017, 11:24:05 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2019, 04:22:52 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule

April 6, 2016
-Flight to Denver, Colorado
-Energy policy speech at the Noble Energy facility in Denver, CO
-Speech at Denver Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Denver, CO, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters and to reiterate Senator Rubio's economic proposals for the Hispanic community
-Dinner with the voters at Chipotle Mexican Grill in Denver, CO
-Fundraising event at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House in Denver, CO

April 7, 2016
-Speech at the Latin American Educational Foundation headquarters in Denver, Colorado, in an effort to attract the Hispanic vote
-Energy policy speech at Anadarko Petroleum Coroporation facility in Denver, CO
-Fundraising event at the Pepsi Center in Denver, CO
-Foreign policy speech at Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, CO
-Small government policy speech at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, CO
-Meet with college voters at the University of Colorado Denver in Denver, CO
-Dinner with the voters at Qdoba Mexican Eats headquarters in Denver, CO
-Rally at the Denver Performing Arts Complex in Denver, CO
-Speech at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, CO
-Rally at Coors Field in Denver, CO, alongside Colorado Senator Cory Gardner who praises Marco Rubio's presidential agenda :

Marco is the best candidate to take on Hillary Clinton. He lived the American Dream and will make the Republican Party competitive again among Hispanics and all other ethnic minorities by doing what Donald Trump can't do : attracting ethnic minorities, thus leading us to victory on November. He will do so by promising to fix our broken immigration system and offering them school choice and giving them access to a better education. Like Senator Rubio said, free trade with Latin America will help our Hispanic business owners to innovate, to grow and expand their businesses and to create jobs by becoming top importers, exporters, translators and executives managing such commercial and cultural exchanges thanks to their fluency in Spanish. That' how he will be able to expand GOP's support among Hispanics and young people. It will also allow us to counter China's trading power and to remain the first worldwide economic power since Latin America's economy is as big as China's.

Marco has the right experience and background to grow our economy due to his experience of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. His foreign policy experience due to his membership in the U.S. Senate Committees on Foreign Relations and in the Select Committee of Intelligence will keep us safe. He will use all the necessary arsenal and reinforce and expand our alliances to defeat international terrorism and promote international freedom, democracy, justice and peace.

I’m proud to endorse my friend Senator Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States of America and our leader for the 21st Century, a New American Century.

April 8, 2016
-Barnstorm in Golden, CO
-Health care policy speech at St. Anthony Hospital in Lakewood, CO
-Meet with college voters at Colorado Christian University in Lakewood, CO
-Fundraising supper with voters at Casa Bonita in Lakewood, CO
-Town hall meeting with voters at Lakewood Civic Center in Lakewood, CO
-Bus trip to Colorado Springs, CO

April 9, 2016
-Space policy speech at Space Foundation in Colorado Springs, CO
-Social and familiarity policy speech at Focus on the Family headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO
-Speech at the United States Olympic Committee headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO, where the Florida Senator gives a speech that shows optimism about the 2024 Summer Olympic Games that could be held in Los Angeles.
-Foreign policy speech at the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO
-Fundraising dinner with the voters and the donors at Antlers Hotel in Colorado Springs, CO
-Bus trip to Aurora, CO
-National defense policy speech at Buckley Air Force Base in Aurora, CO
-Barnstorm in Aurora, CO
-Supper with the voters at the Radisson Hoyel Denver Southeast in Aurora, CO
-Flight to New York City, New York
-Rally with supporters at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, NY, to watch the coverage of the Colorado Republican caucuses
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 05:31:06 PM by UWS »

COLORADO AND WYOMING CAUCUSES, 2016

CNN America's Choice theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uvpd4myQXs

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we are covering the Colorado Republican caucuses. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 pm. Senator Marco Rubio dominates largely in the state's center counties, including in Denver, Boulder, the Jefferson county (Lakewood's county) and the Arapohoe county (Aurora's location). This is due to his strong support among Hispanics and to Colorado Senator Cory Gardner's endorsement. »

Colorado Republican caucuses (25 % reported) - 37 delegates

Marco Rubio : 53 %
Ted Cruz : 24 %
Donald Trump : 18 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 15 pm and we project that Marco Rubio wins most of Colorado's eastern counties, including Yuma. Ted Cruz wins in most of Colorado's southwestern counties. »

Colorado Republican caucuses (50 % reported) - 37 delegates

Marco Rubio : 55 %
Ted Cruz : 25 %
Donald Trump : 16 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Now is 8 : 30 pm. While sharing Colorado's northwestern counties, Marco Rubio leads in El Paso county (Colorado Springs' location) and dominates in the southeastern counties as well as in Alamosa and Pueblo. »

Colorado Republican caucuses (75 % reported) - 37 delegates

Marco Rubio : 58 %
Ted Cruz : 25 %
Donald Trump : 15 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 45 pm and we can project that Senator Marco Rubio will win the Colorado Republican caucuses. »

Colorado Republican caucuses (100 % reported) - 37 delegates

Marco Rubio : 58 % ✔ - 34 delegates
Ted Cruz : 27 % - 3 delegates
Donald Trump : 15 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE COLORADO REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, we can already project that Bernie Sanders will win the Wyoming Democratic caucuses. »

Wyoming Democratic caucuses (100 % reported) - 96 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 59 % ✔ - 11 delegates
Hillary Clinton : 41 % - 7 delegates

BERNIE SANDERS WINS THE WYOMING DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Wolf Blitzer : « We'll see you in 10 days for the coverage of the New York primary. Good night, ladies and gentlemen. »

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2017, 12:06:33 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:34:09 AM by UWS »

Republican Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Marco Rubio : 909 delegates, 36.38 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 408 delegates, 25.91 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 357 delegates, 21.46 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 2.29 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.60 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.29 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.14 % of the vote
Rand Paul : 1 delegate, 0.1 % of the vote
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate, 0.05 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.18 % of the vote
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate, 0.05 % of the vote
Rick Santorum : 0 delegate, 0.02 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total
1237 delegates needed to win the nomination

Democratic Presidential Primaries - Map and Delegates Count

Hillary Clinton : 1493 delegates, 43.34 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 1246 delegates, 37.71 % of the vote
Martin O'Malley : 0 delegate, 0.02 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
2382 delegates needed to win the nomination
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2017, 12:32:26 PM »

New polls

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 50 %
Donald Trump : 31 %
Ted Cruz : 19 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 44 %
Hillary Clinton : 43 %
Undecided : 13 %

New York polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 55 %
Marco Rubio : 27 %
Ted Cruz : 12 %
Undecided : 6 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 57 %
Bernie Sanders : 40 %
Undecided : 3 %

Pennsylvania polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 40 %
Donald Trump : 38 %
Ted Cruz : 22 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 49 %
Bernie Sanders : 38 %

Maryland polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 42 %
Donald Trump : 29 %
Ted Cruz : 18 %
Undecided : 11 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 58 %
Bernie Sanders : 36 %

Connecticut polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 49 %
Marco Rubio : 29 %
Ted Cruz : 17 %
Undecided : 5 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 43 %
Undecided : 8 %

Delaware polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 52 %
Marco Rubio : 24 %
Ted Cruz : 15 %
Undecided : 9 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 45 %
Undecided : 17 %

Rhode Island polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 38 %
Donald Trump : 30 %
Ted Cruz : 14 %
Undecided : 18 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 34 %
Undecided : 23 %

General election polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Hillary Clinton : 48 %

Hillary Clinton vs Ted Cruz

Hillary Clinton : 46 %
Ted Cruz : 40 %

Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Donald Trump: 40 %

Bernie Sanders vs Marco Rubio

Bernie Sanders : 49 %

Bernie Sanders vs Ted Cruz

Bernie Sanders : 51 %
Ted Cruz : 39 %

Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump

Bernie Sanders : 53 %
Donald Trump : 39 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2018, 02:52:42 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

Hillary Clinton strikes back

While she's catched by Bernie Sanders in the popular vote count, Hillary Clinton decided, in a desperate attempt to boost her campaign and to win enough delegates to clinch the Democratic nomination, to attack Bernie Sanders on immigration.

In fact, she attacked the Vermont Senator for voting against the 2007 comprehensive immigration reform bill that would have given illegal immigrants a path to citizenship. The former Secretary of State even claimed that « we don't need another anti-immigration candidate to lead this nation. » Clinton reiterated this offensive in an attack ad against Sanders and during the final Democratic presidential primary debate on April 14 in New York City, New York. Her campaign hopes that these efforts would help her to win among minorities during the next crucial primaries in New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Delaware, which would quickly propel her to the 2382 delegate threshold to clinch the Democratic nomination.

Sanders hit back :

« That's another fear-mongering lie from the establishment. Saying that I'm anti-immigrant is simply not true. The reason why I voted against the 2007 bill is because it was a bad bill, opposed by many. With regard to that 2007 immigration bill, as you may know, LULAC, the major Hispanic organization in his country, also opposed that bill as did many other Latino organizations. You know, I think it's very hard to make the case that Ted Kennedy, Barack Obama, me, La Raza, United Farmworkers, Dolores Huerta, leaders of the Latino community, would have supported a bill that actually promoted modern slavery. That was one of the many excuses used not to vote for the 2007 bill. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »
« Edited: June 12, 2019, 10:51:08 PM by UWS »

April 10, 2016
-Energy policy speech at the Mobile headquarters in New York City, NY
-Economic policy speech in the Chrysler Building in New York City, NY
-Fundraising event at the Rockefeller Center in New York City, NY
-Immigration policy speech at Boricua College in New York City, NY, in order to woo the Puerto Ricans and Hispanics of any race
-Dinner with the voters at the Subway facility in New York City, NY
-Economic policy speech at the Westfield World Trade Center in New York City, NY
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the National September 11 Memorial & Museum in New York City, NY
-Speech in front of the Statue of Liberty in New York City, NY
-Fundraising event at the New York Mercantile Exchange in New York City, NY
-Fundraising supper at the Pasty's Italian Restaurant in New York City, NY

April 11, 2016
-Rally at the Central Park in New York City, NY
-Fundraising event at the Unisphere in New York City, NY
-Foreign policy speech in front of the headquarters of the United Nations in New York City, NY
-Barnstorm at Times Square in New York City, NY
-Rally at Citi Field in New York City, NY
-Fundraising event at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City, NY
-Infrastructure policy speech in New York City, NY

April 12, 2016
-Breakfast with voters at the Plaza Hotel in New York City, NY
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of New York and New Jersey in New York City, NY
-Rally at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY
-Barnstorm at Broadway in New York City, NY
-Economic policy speech in New York City, NY, in which Rubio describes the Big Apple as a great symbol of free market and of America's economic superpower
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at the One World Trade Center in New York City, NY
-Dinner with voters at Joe’s Shanghai in New York City, NY
-Meet with voters at Columbia University in New York City, NY
-Speech at One Astor Plaza in New York City, NY
-Town hall meeting at Apollo Theater in New York City, NY

April 13, 2016
-Barnstorm at Silicon Alley in New York City, NY, where Senator Rubio expresses his enthusiasm about Silicon Alley's contribution to economic growth
-Breakfast with the voters at the Best Bagel & Coffee in New York City, NY
-Interview with NBC News in New York City, NY, when Senator Rubio is asked about Ted Cruz's controversial comments on New York values :

Well, he didn't say that when he was raising money here. He only says that when he's outside of New York. That is political calculation. Ted has shown a propensity : throughout his career in the U.S. Senate, to take one position in front of one audience and then change his position in front of another. So he raises money in New York and then criticizes New York values.

I think we’re all Americans. I’m campaigning on behalf of American values. I believe the New York values are the values shared by all the American people, from the North East, from the South, from the Midwest and from the West. The New York values are opportunity, freedom, free enterprise, search of happiness, inclusiveness, security, integrity and justice. These are not only New York values. These are American values and I will defend them as President of the United States of America.

April 14, 2016
-During a show with Jimmy Fallon, Senator Rubio has a phone call during which he's interviewed with by a parodied and mocked version of Donald Trump played by Fallon, just like Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz did before him :

Marco Rubio : Hello?

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Hello Marco, you're speaking to Donald Trump.

Marco Rubio : Hello Donald.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Are you watching the Democratic debate between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders.

Marco Rubio : Yeah.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : How does it look like?

Marco Rubio : Well Donald, it prepares me for the great clash. I can't wait to face Hillary Clinton on the debate stage this fall. When it comes to what it looks like it's incredible how Clinton is ready to say or do anything to get elected, especially on immigration, foreign policy and a lot of things.

[Laughs from the audience]

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Yeah , this is incredible that she flip flops on everything and goes this way, that way over and over again. Do you think we should call her Lyin' Hillary?

Marco Rubio : I think that maybe you should have nicknamed her like that since the beginning of the campaign.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Next question. Just like former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, New York is my home state. And just like Rudy Giuliani in 2008, I was the Republican frontrunner for a while before being surpassed by a Senator. Do you think I'm about to suffer the same fate as Rudy Giuliani?

Marco Rubio : I'm afraid the answer may be yes, Donald.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Many are questioning my conservative faith, saying that I'm too liberal? What's your advice about it?

Marco Rubio : Well Donald, look at the top right edge of the map of the United States : you are too close to Hillary Clinton.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Next question? Many polls showed that I'm performing very badly among women. So why would you do better than me among women?

Marco Rubio : Unlike you, Donald, I didn't skip the Republican debate in Iowa and you know why, because I have respect for Megyn Kelly. And I didn't threat to spill the beans on the wife of anybody.

Marco Rubio : In addition, our nominee could face the first woman to be nominated by the Democrats, so we have to do better among women and I'm offering a positive agenda for them. And remember, Donald, in 2011, I saved Nancy Reagan from fall.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Next question : the New York primary will be held in five days. Remember during one of our debates, Ted lectured me on New York values and that's why he's polling very badly in the polls published in New York. New York doesn't seem to like him. What do you think of New York?

Marco Rubio : New York is one of the greatest and most wonderful cities in the world. It's a symbol of America's power and it's a symbol of the American Dream.  It's also the city where I proposed to Jeanette at the top of the Empire State Building.

The New York values are the values shared by all the American people, all across this great and beautiful country. The New York values are opportunity, freedom, free enterprise, search of happiness, inclusiveness, security, integrity and justice. By the way, the Statue of Liberty shows a great example since it's holding the Constitution of the United States that defends freedom of press, right to self-defence and many other rights that make America special. These are not only New York values. These are American values and all these values made America great and must keep making America great.

Jimmy Fallon as Donald Trump : Okay, so I wish you good luck in making America great again.

Marco Rubio : Thank you, Donald.

April 15, 2016
-Bus trip to West Point, NY
-Foreign policy speech at the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY
-Bus trip to Albany, NY
-Immigration policy speech in Albany, NY
-Economic policy speech at the Tech Valley in Albany, NY
-Fundraising event at the One Commerce Plaza in Albany, NY
-Foreign policy speech in Albany, NY, where Senator Rubio slams Hillary Clinton for her « terrible foreign policy record » and shows himself as a clear alternative to make America safe
-Meet with college voters at the State University of New York at Albany in Albany, NY
-Meet with voters and donors at the Empire State Plaza in Albany, NY
-Speech at the Irish American Heritage Museum in Albany, NY
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of Albany-Rensselaer in Albany, NY
-Speech at the First Church in Albany, NY
-Barnstorm at Lincoln Park in Albany, NY
-Rally at the Palace Theatre in Albany, NY

April 16, 2016
-Bus trip to Rochester, NY
-Manufacturing policy speech at Gleason Corporation headquarters in Rochester, NY
-Meet with college voters at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY
-Fundraising event at the Little Theatre in Rochester, NY
-Rally at Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY
-Free trade policy speech the Port of Rochester in Rochester, NY
-Infrastructure policy speech in Rochester, NY
-Bus trip to Penfield, NY
-Barnstorm in Penfield, NY
-Economic policy speech at Paychex headquarters in Penfield, NY

April 17, 2016
-Bus trip to Buffalo, NY
-Economic policy speech at Tonawanda Engine in Buffalo, NY
-Rally at the New Era Field in Buffalo, NY
-Supper with the voters at Cantina Loco in Buffalo, NY
-Foreign policy speech at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park in Buffalo, NY
-Speech at the McKinley Monument in Buffalo, NY
-Speech at the African Cultural Center in Buffalo, NY, in an effort to attract African American voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Buffalo in Buffalo, NY
-Bus trip to New York City, NY

April 18, 2016
-Meet with college voters at Fordham University in New York City, NY
-Rally at the Yankee Stadium in New York City, NY
-Foreign policy speech at the SUNY Maritime College in New York City, NY
-Veteran policy speech at Soldiers' and Sailors' Arch in New York City, NY
-Barnstorm at Bushwick in New York City, NY, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Town hall meeting at the Brooklyn Museum in New York City, NY
-Rally at Barclays Center in New York City, NY
-Economic policy speech at the NYC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in New York City, NY, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters

April 19, 2016
-Meet with college voters at the New York University in New York City, NY
-Speech at the Butler Library in New York City, NY
-Speech at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, NY
-Flight to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
-Rally with supporters at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to watch the coverage of the New York primary
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2017, 06:19:29 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 04:34:40 PM by UWS »

The Washington Post

Political Geography: Tales from the campaign trail

New York

Home sweet home
Donald Trump is favored to win his home state of New York where he is born and where he built the Trump Tower.

The South
Even though the New York state is likely to be won by Donald Trump, Marco Rubio hopes to have his share of delegates in this primary. The Florida Senator focused most of his efforts on New York City, where he could get important support from minority voters. His foreign policy experience could favor him in the Orange County (home to West Point) due to connections with military recruits and personnel.

Not welcomed
Partly due to his controversial comments on « New York Values », Ted Cruz is not polling well in New York. Right now, he's focusing more on the next primaries in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Connecticut.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2017, 06:44:05 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 05:32:11 PM by UWS »

NEW YORK PRIMARY, 2016

« Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Wolf Blitzer in the CNN Election Center. Welcome to the coverage of the New York primary. »

Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and we can project that Donald Trump unsurprisingly leads in his home state of New York. He sweeps all of the state's center counties and he's leading in the Bronx and in Brooklyn. »

New York Republican primary (25 % reported) - 95 delegates

Marco Rubio : 25 %

Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton is, as expected, leading by a lot in her home state of New York (where she was Senator from 2001 to 2009), winning most of New York City's boroughs. »

New York Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 291 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Bernie Sanders : 37 %

Blitzer : « It's 8 : 15 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio wins in Manhattan and in the Orange County while Donald Trump wins all of New York's northern counties. »

New York Republican primary (50 % reported) - 95 delegates

Donald Trump : 54 %
Marco Rubio : 28 %

Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton maintains her lead by winning the Albany County (home to Albany), though Bernie Sanders dominates in New York's northern counties. »

New York Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 291 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 55 %
Bernie Sanders : 39 %

Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can see that Marco Rubio narrowly wins the Albany County (home to Albany) while Donald Trump wins all of New York City'S boroughs except for Manhattan (won by Marco Rubio). We can also report that Donald Trump wins most of New York's western counties, including the Erie County (home to Buffalo) while Rubio narrowly wins the Monroe County (home to Rochester). »

New York Republican primary (75 % reported) - 95 delegates

Donald Trump : 58 %
Ted Cruz : 13 %

Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are sharing dominance in the west of the New York state but Clinton won the Monroe County and the Erie County. »

New York Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 291 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 41 %

Blitzer : « It's 8 : 45 pm and we can project that Donald Trump unsurprisingly wins his home state of New York. »

New York Republican primary (100 % reported) - 95 delegates

Donald Trump : 57 % ✔ - 80 delegates
Marco Rubio : 30 % - 15 delegates
Ted Cruz : 13 % - 0 delegate

DONALD TRUMP WINS THE NEW YORK REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton easily wins her home state of New York. »

New York Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 291 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 60 % ✔ - 185 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 40 % - 106 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE NEW YORK DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Blitzer : « We'll see you in one week for the coverage of the primaries in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island. Good night. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2017, 07:10:39 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:34:41 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 924 delegates, 36.22 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 488 delegates, 26.66 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 357 delegates, 21.25 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 2.24 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.59 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.28 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.14 % of the vote
Rand Paul : 1 delegate, 0.09 % of the vote
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate, 0.04 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.18 % of the vote
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate, 0.04 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 1678 delegates, 43.77 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 1352 delegates, 37.77 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »

CNN
New York Republican primary exit polls

Men (56 %)               Women (44 %)

Cruz                  14 %                          15 %
Rubio                26 %                            32 %
Trump               60 %                            53 %

18-29 (10 %)              30-44 (14 %)         45-64 (46 %)         65 and older (30 %)

Cruz                  n/a                            18 %                      12 %                     13 %
Rubio               n/a                             34 %                      24 %                      25 %
Trump                n/a                          48 %                       64 %                      62 %

Race

White (91 %)              Non-white (9 %)       
Cruz                  15 %                             n/a                                                                   
Rubio                27 %                          n/a                                             
Trump              58 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (24 %)       Somewhat conservative (47 %)         Moderate (29 %)         
Cruz                  24 %                           10 %                                               9 %                           
Rubio                16 %                           27 %                                                   48 %                     
Trump              60 %                       63 %                                                  43 %

Most important issue

Immigration (9 %)         Economy/Jobs (36 %)         Terrorism (23 %)        Govt. spending (28 %)

Cruz                  n/a                          10 %                           12 %                       15 %
Rubio                 n/a                             39 %                        29 %                      31 %
Trump                n/a                            51 %                         59 %                       54 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (11 %)          Shares my values (26 %)    Tells it like it is (26 %)  Can bring change (35 %)

Cruz                  n/a                           25 %                                        1 %                        10 %
Rubio                n/a                            51 %                                      14 %                         20 %
Trump              n/a                            24 %                                     85 %                         70 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2017, 07:40:00 AM »

Marco Rubio's speech after the New York primary

Thank you New York.

I love New York. This one of the most wonderful and greatest cities in the world. This city is a symbol of America's greatness. This city is a symbol of freedom : the Statue of Liberty is a gift given to us by France 100 years after helping us to defeat one of the most powerful empires of the world in order to make the United States of America a free and fair country. This statue is holding the Constitution of the United States, a supreme law that must always be protected.

New York is a symbol of opportunity because in America, todo es possible. I experienced it as a son of immigrants. Even though they were living paycheck to paycheck, my parents were socially successful thanks to their hard-working, allowing them to make their children's lives better than their's.

The 9/11 terrorist attacks were an offensive against the American Dream, but it unified our country against a common enemy : terrorism. So New York is also a symbol of solidarity. We will keep fighting radical Islamic terrorism and we will defeat it, which requires a stronger modernized US military, stronger security measures and stronger alliances and partnerships around the world. That's exactly the agenda I will follow as President of the United States to make our country safe and to make the world peaceful.

We will not surrender. We will win.

Thank you. God bless you all. God bless New York and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »

New polls

After their victories in their home state of New York, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton boosted their campaigns. The next primaries that will be held in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island seem to be among the toughest contests for all the presidential candidates.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 48 %
Donald Trump : 34 %
Undecided : 1 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 48 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %
Undecided : 10 %

Pennsylvania polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 39 %
Marco Rubio : 36 %
Ted Cruz : 23 %
Undecided : 2 %

Democrats

Maryland polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 41 %
Undecided : 12 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 32 %

Connecticut polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 51 %
Marco Rubio : 30 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 51 %
Bernie Sanders : 42 %
Undecided : 7 %

Delaware polls

Republicans

Donald Trump : 54 %
Marco Rubio : 26 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 37 %
Undecided : 14 %

Rhode Island polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 39 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 45 %
Undecided : 17 %

General election polls

Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Marco Rubio : 49 %

Hillary Clinton : 47 %
Ted Cruz : 38 %

Donald Trump: 41 %

Marco Rubio : 52 %
Bernie Sanders : 47 %

Bernie Sanders : 50 %
Ted Cruz : 38 %

Bernie Sanders : 52 %
Donald Trump : 40 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2017, 08:31:01 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2019, 05:34:33 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

Ahead of the April 26 primaries, Marco Rubio is endorsed by former Virginia Democratic Senator and former Democratic presidential candidate Jim Webb. Here are some quotes of Jim Webb's announcement :

« For a long time, I was a Republican before becoming a Democrat. I was the U.S. Secretary of the Navy during Ronald Reagan's presidency. Ronald Reagan increased defense spending, which helped us to reinforce our military and to win the Cold War against USSR.

But Hillary Clinton represents the status quo, even on foreign policy, so she will pursue Obama's foreign policy that allowed ISIS to rise and Russia to invade Ukraine and to reinforce its hold on Syria. And Bernie Sanders will dramastically cut in military spending, which will make the international situation much worse through a stronger terrorist threat and stronger tyranny.

So, even though I'm a Democrat, I endorse Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States because he is the only one who will be able to keep us safe. He has the best foreign policy experience to keep us safe, to reinforce our alliances, to defeat international terrorism and international tyranny. »

Donald Trump is endorsed by former professional boxer and close friend Mike Tyson.

Some Cruz supporters consider voting for Rubio to stop Trump

Ahead of the primary in their state of Pennsylvania, a lot of Cruz supporters are considering using tactical voting by voting for Marco Rubio in order to stop Donald Trump from winning the Pennsylvania primary.

Here are testimonies from a few Cruz supporters in Pennsylvania :

« Ted Cruz is my favorite candidate : he's a constitutional conservative who always defended our values, especially the Second Amendment, the defense of unborn children and union between a man and woman.

But right now, he doesn't have a path to victory in the Pennsylvania primary and he doesn't have a decent chance to win the Republican nomination. You see : Cruz is trailing Marco Rubio and Donald Trump in Pennsylvania with only 23 % of the voting intentions while Rubio has 36 % and Trump 39 %.

But I don't want Donald Trump to be our nominee beause he's a bully, he doesn't have any integrity, he doesn't share our conservative values, he's insulting a lot of minorities and he will lead our party to a third consecutive defeat on November. If the Democrats win, we will suffer another four years like the last eight years that gave us weak economic growth and stronger terrorist threat.

So even though I'm a Cruz supporter, my family and I decided that we will vote for Marco Rubio on Tuesday in order to stop Donald Trump from winning the Pennsylvania primary. After all Rubio is my second choice and he has the required experience to bring a better future for America. It's no wonder that his campaign slogan is New American Century. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2017, 07:09:00 AM »
« Edited: March 26, 2019, 07:55:23 AM by UWS »

April 20, 2016
-Economic policy speech at the United States Steel Corporation headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA
-Agriculture policy speech at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens in Pittsburgh, PA
-Speech at Benedum Center in Pittsburgh, PA
-Innovation and economic policy speech at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA
-Rally at the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh, PA
-Meet with college voters at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA
-Energy policy speech at Consol Energy in favor of the construction of the proposed TransAmerica Energy Pipeline from Pennsylvania to California
-Bus trip to Harrisburg, PA
-Speech at the Latino Connection in Harrisburg, PA, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Economic policy speech at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Harrisburg, PA
-National unity speech at the Holocaust Memorial for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, PA
-Fundraising event at Hilton Harrisburg and Towers in Harrisburg, PA
-Speech at FNB Field in Harrisburg, PA
-Speech at the African American Chamber-Commerce in Harrisburg, PA, in an effort to attract African-American voters
-Meet with college voters at the University of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg, PA, where Senator Rubio manages to recruit young volunteers and supporters among college voters, including young Hispanics and Asian voters as well as a few African-Americans.
-Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad titled « Together » that narrates Rubio's plan to restore national security and fight terrorism. The ad stars a bear (to represent terrorists or a rogue state) hunting a herd of bisons (to represent the United States and its allies and partners) who are holding together to protect each other against the bear. The ad airs in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

« Together » advertisement narration :

In the Great Plains, there is a bear plaguing a herd of bisons, the same way terrorists are plaguing innocent people.

When the bear charges a lone prey, this bison is on its own just like these innocent people who are defenceless against terrorist attacks.

But when bisons regroup and hold together, the bear doesn't stand a chance and is forced to retreat just like terrorists won't stand a chance against stronger military coalitions between America and its allies.

United we stand, divided we fall.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

April 21, 2016
-Barnstorm in Hershey, PA
-Rally at Giant Center in Hershey, PA
-Economic policy speech at the Hershey Company headquarters in Hershey, PA
-Bus trip to Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Barnstorm in Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Rally at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre, PA
-Bus trip to Scranton, PA
-Energy policy speech in Scranton, PA
-Meet with college voters at the University of Scranton in Scranton, PA
-Fundraising policy speech at Albright Memorial Library in Scranton, PA
-Bus trip to Reading, PA
-Manufacturing policy speech at Carpenter Technology Corporation headquarters in Reading, PA
-Economic policy speech at Penske Truck Leasing headquarters in Reading, PA
-Economic policy speech at the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Reading, PA
-Bus trip to Lebanon, PA
-Barnstorm in Lebanon, PA
-Bus trip to Lancaster, PA
-Supper with the voters at the Gran Sabor Latino Restaurant in Lancaster, PA
-Economic policy speech at Armstrong World Industries headquarters in Lancaster, PA
-Barnstorm in Lancaster, PA
-Bus trip to Allentown, PA
-Immigration policy speech in Allentown, PA
-Fundraising event at the Allentown Art Museum in Allentown, PA
-Rally at the Nineteenth Street Theater in Allentown, PA
-Energy policy speech at Air Products and Chemicals headquarters in Allentown, PA
-Economic policy speech at PPL Corporation headquarters in Allentown, PA

April 22, 2016
-Bus trip to Bethlehem, PA
-Fundraising event at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem in Bethlehem, PA
-Meet with college voters at Leigh University in Bethlehem, PA
-Manufacturing policy speech in Bethlehem, PA
-Bus trip to Easton, PA
-Barnstorm in Easton, PA
-Bus trip to Philadelphia, PA
-Breakfast with voters at the Italian Market in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
-Energy policy speech at Sunoco headquarters in Philadelphia, PA
-Freedom policy speech at the Independence Hall in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech before the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, PA
-Sylvester Stallone stumps for Marco Rubio at the Rocky Statue in Philadelphia, PA
-Fundraising event at the Philadelphia Museum of Art in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA
-Meet with college voters at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA
-Barnstorm at the Philadelphia Chinatown in Philadelphia, PA, in an effort to attract Asian-American voters
-Rally at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, PA
-Constitution and civil rights defense policy speech at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, PA
-Economic policy speech at the Merchants’ Exchange Building in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech before the Washington Monument at Eakins Oval in Philadelphia, PA
-Build campaign infrastructure in Pennsylvania
-Supper with the voters at Pat’s King of Steaks in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech at the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia, PA
-Meet with college voters at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech at Girard Fountain Park in Philadelphia, PA
-Economic policy speech at the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Philadelphia, PA, where Rubio gives a speech in which he claims the beneficial economic effects of immigration reform, school choice and free trade with Latin America for the Hispanic community
-Meet with college voters at La Salle University in Philadelphia, PA

April 23, 2016
-Flight to Frederick, Maryland
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Detrick in Frederick, MD
-Immigration in Frederick, MD
-Town hall meeting at C. Burr Artz Public Library in Frederick, MD
-Bus trip to Gaithersburg, MD
-Barnstorm in Gaithersburg, MD
-Bus trip to National Harbor, MD
-Dinner with the voters at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants in National Harbor, MD
-Speech at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD
-Barnstorm in National Harbor, MD
-Bus trip to Annapolis, MD
-Foreign policy speech at the Maryland World War II Memorial in Annapolis, MD
-Foreign policy speech at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD
-Rally at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD
-Bus trip to Baltimore, MD

April 24, 2016
-Energy policy speech at Constellation Energy headquarters in Baltimore, MD
-Economic policy speech at the Baltimore World Trade Center in Baltimore, MD
-Meet with college at Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD, in an effort to attract African American voters
-Free trade policy speech at the Port of Baltimore in Baltimore, MD
-Foreign policy speech at the USCGC Taney in Baltimore, MD
-Rally at Baltimore Visitor Center in Baltimore, MD
-Veteran policy speech at the Washington Monument in Baltimore, MD
-Rally at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore, MD
-Meet with college voters at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD
-Flight to Warwick, Rhode Island
-Barnstorm in Warwick, RI
-Bus trip to Cranston, RI
-Barnstorm in Cranston, RI

April 25, 2016
-Bus trip to Providence, RI
-Meet with college voters at Brown University in Providence, RI
-Health care policy speech at the Roger Williams Medical Center in Providence, RI
-Fundraising event at the Providence Performing Arts Center in Providence, RI
-Rally at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, RI
-Infrastructure policy speech at Providence station in Providence, RI
-Immigration policy speech in Providence, RI
-Economic policy speech at the Hispanic Chamber in Providence, RI, in an effort to attract Hispanic voters
-Foreign policy speech in Providence, RI
-Bus trip to Pawtucket, RI
-Barnstorm in Pawtucket, RI
-Flight to Philadelphia, PA

April 26, 2016
-Speech ahead of the statue of Benjamin Franklin in Philadelphia, PA
-Rally at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA
-Economic policy speech at Philadelphia Stock Exchange in Philadelphia, PA
-Economic policy speech at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
-Speech about freedom at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia, PA, where Marco Rubio speaks about the importance of defending the Constitution of the United States
-Rally with supporters at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel in Philadelphia, PA, to watch the coverage of the primaries in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2017, 07:48:47 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 04:35:19 PM by UWS »

The Washington Post

Pennsylvania

Donald Trump hopes to do well among moderate voters and blue collar workers in eastern Pennsylvania. In addition, the real estate mogul could benefit from Pennsylvania's neighborhood with his home state of New York and from the his connections with Pennsylvania since he studied at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.

If Ted Cruz wants to win the Pennsylvania primary, he needs to perform well in this state's center counties, a region where voters tend to be more conservative. But there's an obstacle in this region for Cruz since many of his supporters in Pennsylvania are considering voting for Marco Rubio to make sure that Donald Trump loses the primary.

↖↗

Marco Rubio needs to do well in both eastern and western Pennsylvania to win this primary. He could be favored in the West due to his promise to increase oil driling, including in this region and to build a pipeline from Pittsburgh to Los Angeles. Plus, John Kasich, who was born in McKees Rock, PA, which is very close to Pittsburgh, campaigned for Rubio in Pennsylvania. Rubio hopes that his strong support among minority voters and moderates in eastern Pennsylvania will help him to prevail.

Maryland

Ted Cruz hopes that his victory at the Conservative Political Action Conference on March (when he got 40 % in the straw poll over Marco Rubio's 30 %) held in National Harbor, Maryland, could help him to win the Maryland primary.

The moderate vote and the military vote
Southern Maryland is mostly inhabited by moderate voters, which could give Marco Rubio an advantage. But he's not alone in the hunt of moderate voters since Donald Trump is also competing among this group. This region is also filled with voters who are either in or connected to the military, which could give Rubio, a hawkish neoconservative who has run on his national security credentials, a big edge. He'll tap the large concentration of active or former military personnel in Annapolis, in South Maryland and elsewhere.

Connecticut

Donald Trump is running ahead in the Connecticut polls. He could benefit from Connecticut's proximity with New York City, where he was born, grew up and built the Trump Tower, though this proximity might favor Marco Rubio as well since he made a strong performance in the New York primary in which he got 30 % of the vote.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2017, 08:52:58 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2019, 11:26:29 PM by UWS »

PENNSYLVANIA, MARYLAND, DELAWARE, CONNECTICUT AND RHODE ISLAND PRIMARIES, 2016
PART 1

Wolf Blitzer : « Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I'm Wolf Blitzer from the CNN Election Center and tonight we are covering the Republican and Democratic primaries in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island. »

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 pm and Florida Senator Marco Rubio wins most of Pennsylvania's western counties, including the Allegheny County (Pittsburgh's location). He is sharing dominance in northern Pennsylvania. »

Pennsylvania Republican primary (25 % reported) - 71 delegates

Marco Rubio : 43 %
Donald Trump : 37 %      
Ted Cruz : 20 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton dominates in western and northern Pennsylvania. »

Pennsylvania Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 208 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 54 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 15 pm and Marco Rubio sweeps most of Pennsylvania's eastern counties, including the Philadelphia County (where Philadelphia is located), the Lehigh County (Allentown's location) and the Dauphin County (Harrisburg's location) where he benefits from massive minority and moderate support. »

Pennsylvania Republican primary (50 % reported) - 71 delegates

Marco Rubio : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's the same for Hillary Clinton on the Democratic side. »

Pennsylvania Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 208 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 30 pm and we can report that Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are sharing supremacy in Pennsylvania's center region. In fact, Senator Rubio is performing better than expected in this region that tends to be more conservative and Ted Cruz has failed to do well in these counties. I think that means that Cruz supporters in this region decided to vote for Marco Rubio in order to stop Donald Trump from winning Pennsylvania. »

Pennsylvania Republican primary (75 % reported) - 71 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « Bernie Sanders dominates in center Pennsylvania. »

Pennsylvania Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 208 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 8 : 45 pm and we can project that Senator Marco Rubio will win in the Pennsylvania primary. »

Pennsylvania Republican primary (100 % reported) - 71 delegates

Marco Rubio : 49 % ✔ - 59 delegates
Donald Trump : 35 % - 9 delegates      
Ted Cruz : 16 % - 3 delegates

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE PENNSYLVANIA REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton wins the Pennsylvania Democratic primary. »

Pennsylvania Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 208 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 59 % ✔ -  125 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 41 % - 83 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE PENNSYLVANIA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Let's turn our attention to Maryland. Marco Rubio dominates Maryland's southern counties, including the Anne Arundel County (home to Annapolis) as well as the two counties bordering Washington D.C. : the Prince George's County and the Montgomery County (home to Geithersburg). »

Maryland Republican primary (25 % reported) - 38 delegates

Marco Rubio : 46 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton has a commanding lead over Bernie Sanders in this region. »

Maryland Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 120 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 34 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 pm and Marco Rubio sweeps all of Maryland's center counties, including the Baltimore City County (home to Baltimore) and the Frederick County (home to Frederick). »

Maryland Republican primary (50 % reported) - 38 delegates

Donald Trump : 32 %      
Ted Cruz : 16 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton is making a similar performance in center Maryland. »

Maryland Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 120 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 63 %
Bernie Sanders : 32 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 15 pm. We can see that Marco Rubio and Donald Trump are battling for dominance in Maryland's western and eastern counties. »

Maryland Republican primary (75 % reported) - 38 delegates

Donald Trump : 33 %      

Maryland Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 120 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 66 %
Bernie Sanders : 30 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 30 pm. We can project that Senator Marco Rubio is the winner of the Maryland Republican primary and wins all the 38 delegates. »

Maryland Republican primary (100 % reported) - 38 delegates

Marco Rubio : 53 % ✔ - 38 delegates
Donald Trump : 32 % - 0 delegate      
Ted Cruz : 15 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE MARYLAND REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, we can declare Hillary Clinton the winner of the Maryland Democratic primary. »

Maryland Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 120 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 69 % ✔ -  85 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 31 % - 35 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE MARYLAND DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Let's look at Vice-President Joe Biden's home state of Delaware. Donald Trump is leading in the New Castle County (home to Wilmington). »

Delaware Republican primary (25 % reported) - 16 delegates

Donald Trump : 48 %
Marco Rubio : 30 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton wins the New Castle County. »

Delaware Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 32 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 41 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 9 : 45 pm and Donald Trump wins the Kent County (home to Dover). »

Delaware Republican primary (50 % reported) - 16 delegates

Donald Trump : 51 %
Marco Rubio : 32 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's the same for Hillary Clinton for the Democrats. »

Delaware Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 32 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 pm and Donald Trump wins the Sussex County. »

Delaware Republican primary (75 % reported) - 16 delegates

Marco Rubio : 33 %

Delaware Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 32 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 59 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 15 pm and we can project that Donald Trump wins the Delaware Republican primary and all the 16 delegates. »

Delaware Republican primary (100 % reported) - 16 delegates

Donald Trump : 52 % ✔ - 16 delegates
Marco Rubio : 34 % - 0 delegate
Ted Cruz : 14 % - 0 delegate

DONALD TRUMP WINS THE DELAWARE REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton triumphs in the Delaware Democratic primary. »

Delaware Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 32 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 62 % ✔ - 24 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 38 % - 8 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE DELAWARE DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2017, 09:09:54 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2019, 09:04:38 AM by UWS »

PENNSYLVANIA, MARYLAND, DELAWARE, CONNECTICUT AND RHODE ISLAND PRIMARIES, 2016
PART 2

Wolf Blitzer : « In Connecticut, Donald Trump sweeps most of the southern counties due to their proximity with his birthplace of New York City. »

Connecticut Republican primary (25 % reported) - 28 delegates

Donald Trump : 50 %
Marco Rubio : 32 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, Hillary Clinton dominates in Connecticut's southern counties for a similar factor as Donald Trump. »

Connecticut Democratic primary (25 % reported) - 71 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 30 pm and Marco Rubio wins the New Haven County (home to New Haven) while Donald Trump dominates in Connecticut's western counties. »

Connecticut Republican primary (50 % reported) - 28 delegates

Marco Rubio : 34 %

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are battling for supremacy in the western counties. »

Connecticut Democratic primary (50 % reported) - 71 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 52 %
Bernie Sanders : 44 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 10 : 45 pm and Marco Rubio wins the Hartford County (home to Hartford) as well as most of its neighboring counties while Donald Trump dominates in Connecticut's western counties. »

Connecticut Republican primary (75 % reported) - 28 delegates

Donald Trump : 53 %
Marco Rubio : 36 %
Ted Cruz : 11 %

Connecticut Democratic primary (75 % reported) - 71 delegates

Bernie Sanders : 45 %

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 pm and we can project that Donald Trump wins the Connecticut Republican primary and all the 28 delegates. »

Connecticut Republican primary (100 % reported) - 28 delegates

Donald Trump : 54 % ✔ - 28 delegates
Marco Rubio : 35 % - 0 delegate
Ted Cruz : 11 % - 0 delegate

DONALD TRUMP WINS THE CONNECTICUT REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « We can also project that Hillary Clinton vanquished Bernie Sanders in the Connecticut Democratic primary. »

Connecticut Democratic primary (100 % reported) - 71 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 56 % ✔ - 46 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 44 % - 25 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE CONNECTICUT DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « And finally the Rhode Island primary. Already 75 % of the vote is reported in both sides. Marco Rubio is leading Donald Trump after coming to the top in the Providence County (home to Providence, Pawtuteck and Cranston), the Kent County (home to Warwick) and the Newport County while Donald Trump won the Washington County. »

Rhode Island Republican primary (75 % reported) - 19 delegates

Marco Rubio : 49 %
Donald Trump : 41 %
Ted Cruz : 10 %

Wolf Blitzer : « On the Democratic side, it's a close race between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. »

Rhode Island Democratic primary (75 % reported) 33 delegates

Wolf Blitzer : « It's 11 : 15 pm and we can project that Marco Rubio wins the Rhode Island Republican primary. »

Rhode Island Republican primary (100 % reported) - 19 delegates

Marco Rubio : 50 % ✔ - 12 delegates
Donald Trump : 41 % - 7 delegates
Ted Cruz : 9 % - 0 delegate

MARCO RUBIO WINS THE RHODE ISLAND REPUBLICAN PRIMARY

United States Senate portrait, 2011 (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Marco_Rubio#/media/File:Marco_Rubio,_Official_Portrait,_112th_Congress.jpg)

Wolf Blitzer : « Hillary Clinton narrowly beats Bernie Sanders in the Rhode Island Democratic primary. »

Rhode Island Democratic primary (100 % reported) 33 delegates

Hillary Clinton : 52 % ✔ - 18 delegates
Bernie Sanders : 48 % - 15 delegates

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE RHODE ISLAND DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY

Wolf Blitzer : « So it seems that Marco Rubio is well positioned to pass the 1237 delegate threshold to win the Republican nomination : he now has 1033 delegates and needs only 204 more delegates. It seems that his rivals' only path to the Republican nomination is a brokered convention by doing very well in the next primaries. »

Anderson Cooper : « That's right and it seems that the primaries that will determine the outcome of the Republican primary race are Indiana, a state that will hold its primary next week, and California. »

John King : « Many analysts are estimating that Indiana is Ted Cruz's last chance to boost his campaign after he got crushed in all of today's primaries as well as in Wisconsin, Colorado and New York this month. Without a victory in Indiana, I think he will definitely be mathematically eliminated and that there won't be any path for him. »

Wolf Blitzer : « And California, on June 6, will award all of its 172 delegates to the winner of this primary. If Rubio wins it, he's likely to be the nominee. If he doesn't, the Republican National Convention in Cleveland is definitely going to be brokered. »

Anderson Cooper : « We'll need to observe very carefully the Indiana primary because if Cruz loses the Indiana primary and drops out of the race, his supporters might be divided between Marco Rubio and Donald Trump since Trump is sharing Cruz's views on immigration, especially, but Cruz supporters might turn to Rubio because many of them don't see Donald Trump as a real conservative. »

Wolf Blitzer : « We'll see it and it's going to be very interesting. Thank you ladies and gentlemen for watching the coverage of the Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island primaries. We'll see you next week for the coverage of the Indiana primary. Good night. »
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2017, 10:04:50 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2019, 11:36:03 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio : 1033 delegates, 37.09 % of the vote
Donald Trump : 548 delegates, 28.42 % of the vote
Ted Cruz : 360 delegates, 20.35 % of the vote
Ben Carson : 7 delegates, 1.99 % of the vote
Jeb Bush : 4 delegates, 0.52 % of the vote
John Kasich : 1 delegate, 0.25 % of the vote
Carly Fiorina : 1 delegate, 0.12 % of the vote
Rand Paul : 1 delegate, 0.08 % of the vote
Mike Huckabee : 1 delegate, 0.04 % of the vote
Chris Christie : 0 delegate, 0.16 % of the vote
Jim Gilmore : 0 delegate, 0.04 % of the vote

2472 delegates in total

Hillary Clinton : 1976 delegates, 45.61 % of the vote
Bernie Sanders : 1518 delegates, 38.07 % of the vote

4763 delegates in total
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2017, 05:53:03 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2019, 11:58:51 PM by UWS »

CNN
Pennsylvania Republican primary exit polls

Men (53 %)               Women (47 %)

Cruz                  19 %                          18 %
Rubio                47 %                            51 %
Trump               34 %                            31 %

18-29 (10 %)              30-44 (18 %)         45-64 (42 %)         65 and older (30 %)

Cruz                  15 %                            19 %                      18 %                     11 %
Rubio               53 %                             44 %                      45 %                      34 %
Trump                32 %                          37 %                       37 %                      55 %

Race

White (94 %)              Non-white (6 %)      
Cruz                  17 %                             n/a                                                                    
Rubio                41 %                          n/a                                            
Trump              42 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (30 %)       Somewhat conservative (43 %)         Moderate (27 %)        
Cruz                  22 %                           15 %                                               10 %                            
Rubio                34 %                            51 %                                                  51 %                    
Trump              44 %                       34 %                                                  39 %

Most important issue

Immigration (9 %)         Economy/Jobs (36 %)         Terrorism (23 %)        Govt. spending (28 %)

Cruz                  15 %                          16 %                           20 %                       20 %
Rubio                 12 %                           54 %                        57 %                      50 %
Trump                73 %                            30 %                         23 %                       30 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (11 %)          Shares my values (26 %)    Tells it like it is (26 %)  Can bring change (35 %)

Cruz                  17 %                           17 %                                        2 %                        10 %
Rubio                57 %                            60 %                                      11 %                         20 %
Trump              26 %                            23 %                                     87 %                         70 %

CNN
Maryland Republican primary exit polls

Men (52 %)               Women (48 %)

Cruz                  14 %                          16 %
Rubio                55 %                            50 %
Trump               31 %                            34 %

18-29 (12 %)              30-44 (18 %)         45-64 (51 %)         65 and older (18 %)

Cruz                  30 %                            17 %                      15 %                     15 %
Rubio               49 %                             48 %                      51 %                      37 %
Trump                21 %                          35 %                       34 %                      48 %

Race

White (91 %)              Non-white (9 %)      
Cruz                  17 %                             n/a                                                                    
Rubio                52 %                          n/a                                            
Trump              31 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (28 %)       Somewhat conservative (47 %)         Moderate (25 %)        
Cruz                  37 %                           19 %                                               10 %                            
Rubio                19 %                            45 %                                                  55 %                    
Trump              34 %                       36 %                                                  35 %

Most important issue

Immigration (14 %)         Economy/Jobs (38 %)         Terrorism (21 %)        Govt. spending (25 %)

Cruz                  15 %                          13 %                           14 %                       17 %
Rubio                 13 %                           57 %                        58 %                      52 %
Trump                73 %                            30 %                         28 %                       31 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (12 %)          Shares my values (35 %)    Tells it like it is (19 %)  Can bring change (32 %)
Cruz                  17 %                           30 %                                        4 %                        7 %
Rubio                52 %                            45 %                                      10 %                         21 %
Trump              31 %                            25 %                                     86 %                         72 %

CNN
Connecticut Republican primary exit polls

Men (57 %)               Women (43 %)

Cruz                  10 %                          16 %
Rubio                30 %                            50 %
Trump               60 %                            34 %

18-29 (8 %)              30-44 (15 %)         45-64 (50 %)         65 and older (26 %)

Cruz                  n/a                            15 %                      10 %                     6 %
Rubio                 n/a                             29 %                      32 %                      34 %
Trump                n/a                          56 %                       58 %                      60 %

Race

White (92 %)              Non-white (8 %)      
Cruz                  11 %                             n/a                                                                    
Rubio                33 %                          n/a                                            
Trump              56 %                               n/a

Ideology

Very conservative (24 %)       Somewhat conservative (46 %)         Moderate (30 %)        
Cruz                  28 %                           9 %                                               4 %                            
Rubio                17 %                            24 %                                                  50 %                    
Trump              55 %                       67 %                                                  46 %

Most important issue

Immigration (12 %)         Economy/Jobs (46 %)         Terrorism (17 %)        Govt. spending (23 %)

Cruz                  8 %                          6 %                           10 %                       19 %
Rubio                 10 %                           40 %                        35 %                      38 %
Trump                82 %                            54 %                         55 %                       43 %

Top candidate quality

Electability (12 %)          Shares my values (35 %)    Tells it like it is (19 %)  Can bring change (32 %)
Cruz                  6 %                           27 %                                        3 %                        7 %
Rubio               42 %                            51 %                                      10 %                         20 %
Trump               52 %                            22 %                                     87 %                         73 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: March 29, 2017, 05:52:04 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2019, 09:10:39 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's victory speech in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Thank you Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

Here we are, in Philadelphia, the birthplace of our nation. 240 years ago, in a time of war against tyranny, our Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence, which gave birth to a free country called the United States of America. We were tired of unfair taxation, we were tired of oppression.

We successfully fought against British troops and with the help of our allies, especially France, we defeated one of this time's most powerful empires and we obtained and defended our independence. Then, we adopted the Constitution of the United States that created the democratic republic of the United States and defends fundamental rights such as the freedom of speech, freedom of press, freedom of religion, the right to wear a gun for self-defense, etc.

Fifteen years ago, on September 11 2001, the United States of America suffered the worst attack in their history. The World Trade Center came down, another plane hit the Pentagon and Flight 93's target was either the White House or the Capitol. But Flight 93's passengers sacrificed their lives in order to stop another terrorist attack from being committed by revolting against the terrorists controlling the plane and by making this plane crash in Shanksville, Pennsylvania , thus saving many lives as well as the American democracy.

But after 9/11, we striked back by declaring war on terrorism, by strengthening our security measures, by reinforcing our military and our partnerships with our allies and by intervening militarily in Afghanistan, thus toppling the tyrannical Taliban regime and destroying Al Qaida's bases. Then, our brave soldiers killed Osama Bin Laden, the responsible of 9/11 attacks. While Bin Laden's death is one of our greatest victories against terrorism, the job is not yet completed. We have to keep fighting terrorism through security, stronger military and stronger alliances. We will also do this by securing strategic zones and by making sure that the state sponsors of terrorism like Syria and Iran will never ever get nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction. That way, we can prevent another 9/11 from happening. That's what we're going to do when I'm President of the United States.

United we stand, divided we fall. Thanks to strength, solidarity and collaboration, we will defeat ISIS, Al Qaida and international terrorism for the sake of security, freedom, justice, democracy and peace.

Thank you, God bless you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #171 on: March 29, 2017, 06:09:22 AM »

New polls

Once again, Marco Rubio reinforced his status as the Republican frontrunner after winning Pennsylvania, Maryland and Rhode Island. He now needs only 204 more delegates to win in order to become the Republican presidential nominee.

Ted Cruz is intensely focusing all of his efforts on the Indiana primary, a contest that seems to be Cruz's last chance.

Nationwide polls

Republicans

Democrats

Indiana polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 31 %
Marco Rubio : 27 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 46 %
Undecided : 4 %

Nebraska polls

Republicans

Ted Cruz : 37 %
Donald Trump : 32 %

West Virginia polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 31 %
Ted Cruz : 20 %
Undecided : 9 %

Democrats

Bernie Sanders : 45 %
Hillary Clinton : 37 %
Undecided : 18 %

Oregon polls

Republicans

Marco Rubio : 45 %
Donald Trump : 31 %
Ted Cruz : 18 %

Democrats

Hillary Clinton : 37 %
Bernie Sanders : 36 %
Undecided : 27 %

Kentucky polls

Democrats

Undecided : 19 %

Washington polls

Republicans

Undecided : 5 %

General election polls

Hillary Clinton : 48 %

Hillary Clinton : 47 %
Ted Cruz : 37 %

Donald Trump: 42 %

Bernie Sanders : 48 %

Ted Cruz : 36 %

Bernie Sanders : 51 %
Donald Trump : 41 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2017, 07:05:25 AM »
« Edited: April 26, 2019, 10:24:49 AM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

New endorsements

Ahead of the crucial primary in Indiana, Ted Cruz is endorsed by Indiana Governor Mike Pence, which could give the Texas Senator an edge in Indiana. Pence described Senator Cruz as a « principled conservative who will defend our freedom and stand on American values. »

Next day, Florida Senator Marco Rubio also received a major endorsement : former Indiana Senator and former Vice-President of the United States Dan Quayle. He described Rubio as the « best Republican presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan to unite the conservative movement and the most qualified candidate to make this economy working again and to fight terrorism just like Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush fought communism. »

Trump's new strategy : taking all the evangelical vote

Donald Trump and his campaign team elaborated a plan to win the nomination : taking all the evangelical vote. So he needs to eliminate Ted Cruz, which could be done by winning the Indiana primary. He targeted Cruz by claiming that  « evangelicals like Donald Trump because they hate liars like Lyin' Ted. He holds the Bible high, puts it down and then he lies. »

On May 3, just before the Indiana primary, Trump even accused Rafael Cruz, Cruz's father, of allegedly being involved in the Assassination of John F. Kennedy, claiming that he fraternized with Lee Harvey Oswald, based on a National Enquirer story.

Ted Cruz selects Carly Fiorina as his running mate

Just after the April 26 primaries, Ted Cruz, who is mathematically eliminated, made a surprising move by selecting Carly Fiorina, former Hewlett-Packard CEO and former presidential candidate, as his running mate in an effort to boost his derailed campaign. He hopes that Fiorina's business experience will boost his economic credentials and clearly reiterate Cruz's agenda to bring jobs back.

« Carly Fiorina understands the economy and knows how to create jobs. Together, Carly Fiorina and I will bring prosperity back to America. », the Texas Senator said.

Fiorina's vice-presidential candidacy might help Ted Cruz to win the California primary on June 6 due to Fiorina's connections in San Francisco and to the fact that Hewlett-Packard is located in Silicon Valley, which would ensure a brokered convention. But Cruz has to win the Indiana primary first.

Ted Cruz's last hope :  a brokered convention

Fighting for survival, Ted Cruz admits that he's mathematically eliminated, but he claims that « nobody is going to get to 1237. Nor Marco Rubio, nor Donald Trump, nor me. We're working hard in Indiana, we're going to win it and thanks to Carly Fiorina's help, we will win California and all the 172 delegates, which will give us a decent path to the nomination. », the Texas Senator said.

Ted Cruz heckled by Trump supporters in Marion, Indiana

On May 2, while campaigning in Marion, Indiana, Ted Cruz is heckled by angry Trump supporters. Here are the reports from an exchange between Cruz and one of Trump's harsh supporters :

Cruz : I think anyone who wants to be President owes to the people of the state and come in front of you and ask for your support. And I'm running to be everyone's President, those who vote for me and those...

Trump supporter : We don't want you.

Cruz : You're entitled to have that view, sir, and I will respect...

Trump supporter : Do the math. You know you wanted Carson to drop out it's your turn. Take your own words. Time to drop out, sir.

Cruz : When Donald doesn't get to 1237, will you ask him to drop out?

Trump supporter : Donald is definitely going to get to 1237, he's going to get more than 1237.

Cruz : No, no he's not. But let me ask you something, sir. What do you like about Donald?

Trump supporter : Everything.

Cruz : Give me one.

Trump supporter : The wall. That's the main thing immigration.

Cruz : Hold a second. Do you know on the wall that Donald told the New York Times editorial board he's not gonna build the wall and is not gonna deport anyone?

Trump supporter : You're lying. ONCE AGAIN LYIN' TED!

Cruz : Well, sir you know actually, civilized people don't just scream and yell at each other. I'm not yelling at you.

Trump supporter : And I'm not lying to anybody.

[...]

Trump supporter : What are you gonna do about our Second Amendment?

Cruz : Ok. Great question. I have defended the Second Amendment in front of the Supreme Court of the United States. Do you know that Donald Trump supported Bill Clinton's national ban on some of the most popular firearms in America. You can read his book where he said « I hate guns ». I have defended the Second Amendment in my whole life while Donald Trump is a New York liberal who will take away your Second Amendment rights.

And I appreciate you're being out for speaking. If I were Donald Trump, I wouldn't have come and talk to you. I wouldn't have shown you that respect. In fact, you know what I would have done? I would have told the folks over there « Go over and punch those guys in the face! » That's what Donald does to protesters. I think a candidate who's campaigning to work for you...

Trump supporter : You're lying like you always do.

Cruz : Ok stop. What word did I say was a lie?

Trump supporter : About Donald telling people to punch people.

Cruz : Ok let me ask you, sir, just go home and Google « Donald punch in the face protesters ».

[...]

Cruz : Sir, America is a better country...

Trump supporter : Without you.

Cruz : Thank you for those kind settlements, I have shown you respect the entire time. And a question that everyone here should ask.

Another Trump supporter : Are you Canadian?

[...]

Cruz : In America, we are a nation that is better than anger and insults and cursing and rage. And I believe the people of Indiana have a common sense good judgement

Crowd of Trump supporters : Vote Trump! Everybody vote Trump! Vote Trump! Vote Trump! Vote Trump! Lose Cruz! Lose Cruz!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »
« Edited: July 24, 2019, 08:59:30 AM by UWS »

April 27, 2016
-Flight to Indianapolis, Indiana
-Manufacturing policy speech at Allison Transmission headquarters in Indianapolis, IN
-Agriculture policy speech in Indianapolis, IN
-Foreign policy speech at State Soldiers and Sailors Monument in Indianapolis, IN
-Rally at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN
-Meet with college voters at Butler University in Indianapolis, IN
-Fundraising event at Indianapolis Public Library in Indianapolis, IN
-National defense policy speech at the Indiana World War Memorial Military Museum in Indianapolis, IN
-Energy policy speech at Perry K. Generating Station in Indianapolis, IN
-Energy policy speech at Indianapolis Power & Light Company headquarters in Indianapolis, IN
-Bus trip to Evansville, IN

April 28, 2016
-Advertisement filming in Evansville, IN
-In an effort to question Ted Cruz's conservative credentials, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an attack ad against Cruz for his support to John Roberts' nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States in 2005 while Roberts twice approved Obamacare. The ad titled « Permanency » airs in Indiana, Nebraska, West Virginia and California.

« Permanency » advertisement narration :

Narrator : Ted Cruz pretends to be the most conservative candidate running for President.

This is a falseness.

In 2005, Cruz approved John Roberts' nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States.

John Roberts approved Obamacare not only once but twice, which made Obamacare permanent, complicated the American people's access to health care and increased regulations on small businesses.

Donald Trump's quote from the 9th Republican debate : Ted Cruz wanted John Roberts. Ted Cruz wanted John Roberts to be on the United States Supreme Court. They pushed him, he twice approved Obamacare.

Ted Cruz's quote from the 9th Republican debate : I did not nominate John Roberts. I would not have nominated John Roberts.

Narrator : If Ted Cruz denies the facts, that's a reason why many people call him Lyin' Ted. He cannot be trusTED.

We need a leader with trusted leadership and who will repeal and replace Obamacare once and for all. This leader is Marco Rubio.

I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.

April 29, 2016
-Energy policy speech in Evansville, IN
-Rally at the Ford Center in Evansville, IN
-Town hall meeting at the Willard Library in Evansville, IN
-Rally at the Metro Sports Center in Evansville, IN, where Rubio kept his cool even when a Trump protester infiltrated the crowd :

Rubio : It's good to have a Trump supporter who comes in and disrupts. One of the basic things that Donald Trump doesn't understand and doesn't respect is that the first amendment gives everyone the right to speak, but it doesn't give you the right to disrupt.

He is lucky that this was not a Trump rally because if it was, I would be encouraging people to get this protester out of here or to punch him in the face in exchange of paying legal fees. Do you want a bully like Donald Trump to power in this country?

Crowd : No.

Rubio : Instead, I'm encouraging you to treat this protester respectfully. I respect this guy's right to have his view, you know why because America is better than insanity and anger. I'm running to be President for all the American people whether you vote for me or not. And I will protect your rights and our freedom.

Crowd : APPLAUSE

-Manufacturing policy speech at Berry Plastics headquarters in Evansville, IN

April 30, 2016
-Bus trip to South Bend, IN
-Economic policy speech at AM General headquarters in South Bend, IN
-Meet with college voters at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN
-Innovation policy speech at Union Station in South Bend, IN
-Town hall meeting at Morris Performing Arts Center in South Bend, IN
-Rally at the Cove in South Bend, IN

May 1, 2016
-Bus trip to Marion, IN
-Dinner with the voters at Hong Kong Restaurant in Marion, IN
-Manufacturing engineering policy speech at AA Auto Glass facility in Marion, IN
-Meet with college voters at Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, IN
-Rally at the YMCA Memorial Coliseum in Marion, IN
-Bus trip to Fairmount, IN
-Barnstorm in Fairmount, IN
-Bus trip to Fort Wayne, IN

May 2, 2016
-Economic policy speech at Steel Dynamics headquarters in Fort Wayne, IN
-Rally at the Embassy Theatre in Fort Wayne, IN
-Rally at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, IN
-Foreign policy speech at Fort Wayne Air National Guard Station in Fort Wayne, IN
-Economic policy speech at International Business College in Fort Wayne, IN
-Meet with college voters at the University of Saint Francis in Fort Wayne, IN
-Speech at Pennsylvania Railroad Station in Fort Wayne, IN
-Speech at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Fort Wayne, IN
-Bus trip to Elkhart, IN

May 3, 2016
-Agriculture policy speech in Elkhart, IN
-Economic policy speech in Elkhart, IN
-Barnstorm in Elkhart, IN
-Bus trip to Indianapolis, IN
-Rally at Depew Memorial Fountain in Indianapolis, IN
-Barnstorm in Indianapolis, IN
-Watch the coverage of the Indiana primary at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel in Indianapolis, IN
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2017, 10:59:04 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 04:36:00 PM by UWS »

The Washington Post

Indiana

As Indiana seems to be Ted Cruz's last chance to relaunch his dying campaign, he's playing survival in the Hoosier state. He needs to win big in Indiana's eastern counties, including the Allen County (home to Fort Wayne), a region that tends to be more conservative.

Donald Trump focused his efforts on western Indiana and the counties neighboring the Marion County (home to Indianapolis), all regions that suffered the loss of manufacturing and where Trump hopes to do well among evangelical voters.
↓↘
↖↑↗

Marco Rubio targeted Indiana's urban and rural regions. His campaign and the super PAC backing his campaign have flooded the airwaves for throughout the week with ads questioning Cruz's conservative credentials.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies