Iowa is Rubio Country (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:35:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204128 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: March 19, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »

Trump has no chance from here on out
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »

Oh how I wish this actually happened in real life
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »

It's a great timeline but I was also commenting on the fact that how I wished we had presidnet rubio instead of president trump
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »

Cali is not winner take all : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016#/media/File%3ADelegate_Allocation_Rules_by_State_and_Territory%2C_2016_(Republican_Party).svg
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 01:57:39 PM »

List of potential running mates

For Marco Rubio

John Kasich

Pros : Can help winning Ohio (the most crucial battleground state); Can help winning Pennsylvania (since Kasich was born near Pittsburgh); One of the most popular governors in America; Has one of the best records in terms of job creation as Governor; Can attract independent voters; Executive and legislative experience (since he was Congressman for 18 years and Governor for 6 years)

Cons : Too moderate?; Ties with Wall Street

Nikki Haley

Pros : Woman; Asian American; Can attract African American voters (due to her decision to remove the confederate flag from the South Carolina Capitol after the massive shooting in Charleston in 2015); Executive experience as Governor; Business experience (since she worked for Exotica International and was among the board of directors of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce before being named to the board of directors of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners); Conservative enough (which could help Rubio to do well among rural voters, including Trump supporters)

Cons : Short political experience; South Carolina is already guaranteed to the Republicans

Tim Scott

Pros : African American; Record on improving veterans' living conditions

Cons : South Carolina is not a battleground state

Mike Pence

Pros : Conservative enough; Legislative and executive experience

Cons : Too conservative?; Indiana is already favored to the Republicans

Dave Brat

Pros : Conservative enough; Economic knowledge (due to his past career as an economist and an economics teacher); Legislative experience; Can help winning Virginia

Cons : Too conservative?; Different stances on immigration

Ted Cruz

Pros : Can attract conservatives; Latino; Constitution champion

Cons : Too conservative?; Too controversial; Rivalry during the GOP primaries; Texas is already a Republican stronghold; Not a natural-born U.S. Citizen

Jeff Sessions

Pros : Can attract conservatives; Can bring Trump supporters

Cons : Too conservative?; Disagreements on some immigration issues; Racist controversies; Alabama is not a battleground state

Rand Paul

Pros : Can attract Libertarian voters; Conservative enough

Cons : Isolationist views; Kentucky is not a battleground state; Running for re-election in the Senate

Chris Christie

Pros : Moderate; Can attract Independent voters; Can make New Jersey competitive?; Can help winning Pennsylvania (due to New Jersey's proximity with Philadelphia); Executive experience; Can attract Trump supporters

Cons : Too moderate?; Indicted into scandals such as Bridgegate; Can he really help in New Jersey; One of the most unpopular governors; Too similar personality as Donald Trump

Brian Sandoval

Pros : Moderate; Hispanic; Can attract Independent voters; Can help winning Nevada; Executive experience

Cons : Too moderate?

Joni Ernst

Pros : Woman; Conservative enough; Military resume; Foreign policy experience; Can help winning Iowa

Cons : Short political experience

Rick Snyder

Pros : Moderate; Can bring Independent voters; Executive experience; Can help winning Michigan; Business experience

Cons : Too moderate?; Controversy about Flint's Toxic River

Susana Martinez

Pros : Woman; Hispanic; Executive experience; Can help winning New Mexico

Cons : No foreign policy experience

Rudy Giuliani

Pros : Moderate; Can attract Independent voters; Can emphasize Rubio's campaign on foreign policy issues due to recent growing terrorist threat

Cons : Too moderate?; The New York state is already guaranteed to Democrats

Condoleezza Rice

Pros : Woman; African-American; Moderate; Can attract Independent voters; Foreign policy experience; More approval for Rice's job as Secretary of State than Hillary Clinton

Cons : Too moderate (especially on abortion); Not married; Too close to the Bush Administration

Ginni Rometty

Pros : Woman; Business experience (as CEO of IBM); Does not hold any political office (which could bring change)

Cons : No political experience

James Mattis

Pros : Military resume; Foreign policy experience; Does not hold any political office (which could bring change)

Cons : No political experience

Scott Walker should be on this list
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 10:00:37 PM »

when will Kasich speak , he is the host of the convention
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 01:38:21 PM »

Also if a GOP candidate is leading by 9 points Oregon becomes a tossup and arguably lean GOP .
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 03:06:52 AM »

will you do the election night coverage with state by state calls, or just a summary of the results
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 03:05:19 PM »

- President Rubio has had a Record-Breaking Year on his Job Approvals as well as accomplishing 3-Times as much what President Obama had in his first year.
- Unlike President Obama President Rubio isn't just talking "Change"; He is producing "Change"
- Ed Gillespie winning in VA is only the second time that the Party who controls the WH has won that Governorship.
- The National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee has done an excellent Job recruiting Candidates notably Governors like Kasich in Ohio, Scott in Florida, Martinez in New Mexico and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Maj. Leader McConnell might be busy with the Committeeships come January 2019.
- What happens with Flake, Corker? Will they now stay in the Senate or will they still retire? Will Governor Sandoval primary Senator Heller?
- I expect Congresswoman Ann Wagner to run in Missouri against McCaskill and maybe fmr. ND Governor Jack Darymple against Heitkamp.
-Hopefully Orrin Hatch retires. We can do better than him.

I love this Timeline and can't wait for 2018. Good Luck President Rubio.

Thank you so much.

And yes Senators Flake and Corker will run for re-election.

Did you support Rubio IRL
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »

- President Rubio has had a Record-Breaking Year on his Job Approvals as well as accomplishing 3-Times as much what President Obama had in his first year.
- Unlike President Obama President Rubio isn't just talking "Change"; He is producing "Change"
- Ed Gillespie winning in VA is only the second time that the Party who controls the WH has won that Governorship.
- The National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee has done an excellent Job recruiting Candidates notably Governors like Kasich in Ohio, Scott in Florida, Martinez in New Mexico and Scott Walker in Wisconsin. Maj. Leader McConnell might be busy with the Committeeships come January 2019.
- What happens with Flake, Corker? Will they now stay in the Senate or will they still retire? Will Governor Sandoval primary Senator Heller?
- I expect Congresswoman Ann Wagner to run in Missouri against McCaskill and maybe fmr. ND Governor Jack Darymple against Heitkamp.
-Hopefully Orrin Hatch retires. We can do better than him.

I love this Timeline and can't wait for 2018. Good Luck President Rubio.

Thank you so much.

And yes Senators Flake and Corker will run for re-election.

Did you support Rubio IRL

Yes

IRL do you think he would have been as  great of a president as the one in this timeline(In this timeline he might be even better than Reagan ) .

Anyway this is a pretty great timeline
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 02:25:55 PM »

UWS,
How about the House of Representatives? Safe bet the Republicans retained it but what are the margin. Given how this Night is unfolding I would not be shocked if Debbie Wasserman-Schultz loses her Seat in South Florida. Republicans will very likely have the biggest House Majority since WWII with 250+ Seats.

I think Republicans will pick up a Governor Seat in Colorado and retain their Seats in Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada. Democrats will take California and Oregon.

I would say 265-270 seats
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 06:27:38 PM »

If Republicans are getting 67 seats in the Senate , the certainly should have 275-280 seats in the House.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

At the rate this is going, Republicans could soon start passing Constitutional amendments along party lines.

Not yet as they dont have close to 290 seats in the House , and they likely wont get it .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »

At the rate this is going, Republicans could soon start passing Constitutional amendments along party lines.

Not yet as they dont have close to 290 seats in the House , and they likely wont get it .

Honestly, in a scenario where the GOP is winning Senate races in California and New Mexico, I'd expect them to hit 290 in the House. And while there's no indication here about state legislatures, if the governorships are any indication, the GOP could be on their way to controlling 3/4 of states by 2020.

Agreed but they have only hit 262 in this Timeline.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 06:45:32 PM »

Prediction: The heavy-hitters of the Democrats won't run, and they'll nominate a sacrificial lamb to lose to Rubio.

Question: How has former Rubio opponent Hillary Clinton viewed Rubio's presidency? She strikes me as the type to admit when her former opponent is doing something right, (pretty much only with regards to Rubio's foreign policy but still I'm curious)

That may very well be Sanders as 2020 would be the last possible chance he has of running for President so he may be one of the heavy hitters to run . This also benefits the Democratic Establishment as well , as if Sanders loses in a landslide in 2020 they can come back in 2024 and say that is why we shouldnt nominate populists as our nominees.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »

The Senate passed 67-30 a bill to put a police officer in every public school?! Wow, can't believe that got such huge support

UWS gave the Republicans 67 Senate Seats with his 2018 midterms. Such a hack.

You know, that's what happens when a party has so many seats to defend in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana and West Virginia.

well you gave the GOP CA
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 10:58:24 PM »

The Senate passed 67-30 a bill to put a police officer in every public school?! Wow, can't believe that got such huge support

UWS gave the Republicans 67 Senate Seats with his 2018 midterms. Such a hack.

You know, that's what happens when a party has so many seats to defend in deeply conservative states like Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana and West Virginia.

well you gave the GOP CA

I estimated that Rice's pro-choice stance would be well received in California, which would have helped to win among independent voters. Meanwhile, Dianne Feinstein is not well perceived among hard-core progressive voters with her support to the Patriot Act, the moreover that she called Edward Snowden a traitor. In addition, Feinstein doesn't support a universal health care system, so I estimated that it would have led to some progressive voters to stay home instead of going to the polls.

Ok but Rice  wouldn’t win California , the bush years and the war in Iraq had a lot to do with why California swing far to the left during his presidency.

A better one would be maybe Meg Whitman or maybe a Silicon Valley Republican (who is not Peter Thiel)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 02:17:35 AM »

Its still an amazing timeline though
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 05:51:59 PM »

Whats the Super Delegate count so far
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 10:10:31 PM »

Sanders being the Democratic Nominee means the following:

# 1 President Rubio has a shot at the Hispanic Vote and should he win it he would be only the 2nd Republican in 30 years since Ronald Reagans Reelection 1980 to win it.

# 2 Democratic Congressional, Senate & Governor Candidates will distance themselves from Sanders.

Democratic Governors like Gavin Newsom (CA), Kate Brown (OR) and Jay Inslee (WA) might endorse the President.

Kamala Harris is a possibility for President Rubio as she helped him craft the Immigration Bill that passed Congress in 2017.

EVERY BRAIN CELL. Every single one died from reading this. Oh my god.

The only part of that may come true is Rubio winning the Hispanic vote but even the rest of that point was wrong as the closest a Republican has come to winning the Hispanic Vote was 2004, unless of course Rubio won it in 2016 in this timeline(in which Rubio would still remain only Republican to win Hispanic vote) . Also Reagan didnt win reelection in 1980 he was elected for the first time.

The other two are just LMAO
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »

Hmm... I feel like if Marco had a 15-point lead on Bernie, NY would be much more competitive than California. Hillary won California with a 30-point margin over Trump, so in this world with Marco polling +15 over Bernie nationwide, I could see Bernie holding a 10-point lead over Marco in the state.

I don’t think so

I think Bernie is a much better fit for NY than CA
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2018, 04:47:35 PM »

If CA is going Republican so would DE , and CT
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »

Great TL

One question: How much time did you personally put into the convention
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »

First Presidential Debate, Part 3

George Stephanopoulos : Let's move to the health care topic. Senator Sanders, you are one of the harshest critics of the Rubiocare which you claimed are going to deprive millions of Americans of their health care services in the next few years. What is your health care plan?

Bernie Sanders : We are the only country, major country on Earth, that does not guarantee health care to all people, and yet we end up spending almost three times what the British do, 50 percent more than the French. My proposal, a Medicare-for-all, single-payer program and universal health care program, will save middle-class families many thousands of dollars a year in their health care costs. That is exactly what we should be doing. I'd pay for that by telling Wall Street that, yeah, we are going to have a tax on Wall Street speculation, which will bring in more than enough money to provide free tuition at public colleges and universities and lower the outrageous level of student debt. We have seen in the last 30 years a massive transfer of wealth from the middle class to the top 0.1 percent. I am determined to transfer that money back to the working families of this country.

George Stephanopoulos : Mr. President.

Marco Rubio : George, Senator Sanders' plan is just unrealistic. He claims that his plan will save money for the middle class, which is not true. The health care plan he adopted would raise taxes on middle class Americans through a new 2.2 % income tax on all Americans, which will restrict their purchasing power and their access to health care and Medicare. No wonder that Senator Sanders wants to increase Washington mandates bailing out health care companies with taxpayer dollars. That is not going to solve anything. And even my 90-year old mother Oriales is on Medicare and Medicaid. I am against anything that is bad for my mother just like I'm against anything that is bad for the American people. That's why we repealed and replaced Obamacare with a better plan that created an advanceable and refundable tax credit that all Americans are using to purchase health insurance, which increased credits annually and set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to ensure that it will equal the level of the credits within a decade. We adopted measures reforming insurance regulations to lower costs, encouraging innovation, and protecting the vulnerable to make sure those with pre-existing conditions have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. So this plan not only defended the interests of the middle class but also provided health care for everyone.

George Stephanopoulos : Now we are on the education topic. What are the differences between both of you on granting education for all Americans?

Marco Rubio : Education is an important element for our children's future. I was raised by people who came to this country with nothing, they barely spoke English at the time. They had no money. My father stopped going to school when he was nine years old, he had to go work. He would never go back to school. He would work for the next 70 years of his life. My parents did not make enough to save for our education. But I managed to use Pell grants, student loans, work study and summer jobs to pay for a four-year degree and eventually law school.

Under my presidency, we fixed our education system by promoting school choice, which made access to education less expansive for children and produced higher outcomes compared to public education. It granted parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce. As a result, we are graduating as much science & engineering PhDs as China and India, which is boosting our innovation knowledge faster than before, boosting our industries and helping us creating much more new businesses. So by keeping the states responsible for holding schools accountable for student achievement and by focusing on education and job training, we're going to ensure success for our children and create the jobs of tomorrow.

George Stephanopoulos : Senator?

Bernie Sanders : While I agree that we have to make our children's success a top priority in terms of education, we also have to understand that teachers' interests must be defended too. They are making great contributions in our children's future. That's why education must not be privatized and we must invest in education and ensure teachers' formation. We're going to need teachers, professors and others to keep the economy going. If we don't have them, then we can't make education accessible. Let private areas teach what they want. However, private schools and colleges should not be receiving a single cent in government funding at all. The money we save from this would be enormous; we can use it to help pay for universal tuition for American children.

I feel strongly that we have to have an education system that starts with preschool and goes through college. That's why I want more technical education in high schools and in community colleges, real apprenticeships to prepare young people for the jobs of the future. I want to make college debt-free and for families making less than $125,000, you will not get a tuition bill from a public college or university.

George Stephanopoulos : Gentlemen, let's move now to the deficit issue. In the last four years, our national debt was reduced from $20 trillion to $12 trillion, which is almost in half. So I want to hear from both of you. How do you lan the deficit problem in this country? Senator Sanders.

Bernie Sanders : We first have to cease years of out-of-control military spending. Around half of our discretionary budget is spent on the military. We can reduce the deficit by making the rich pay their fair share of taxes by introducing the Buffett Rule : No billionaire should be paying less than their secretary in taxes. That's just egregious. How can a a billionaire's secretary be paying less taxes than the billionaire himself? That's why I want to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour because reducing the deficit also requires high wages for all Americans.

When the budget will be balanced, I believe surpluses should go towards bettering the lives of middle and working class America. I believe that any surplus must go towards education, Social Security and Medicare for all. I believe we should funnel it into infrastructure projects and towards creating better lives for the middle and working classes. We can also funnel surplus money into renewable energy research. We are badly falling behind in this regard, and we can't afford to delay any longer. Unless we want to leave the world in a bad shape, we must start looking towards renewables without delay.

Marco Rubio : Well, first of all, we ended the War in Afghanistan last summer after totally defeating Al-Qaida, the Taliban and ISIS there, we are accomplishing our duty to rebuild this country and train the Afghan Army to make sure they will be fully ready to take the responsibility of their nation's security. We are progressively withdrawing from Afghanistan and our troops in Afghanistan will be coming home next  year, which will save over $500 billion in the next 10 years to be invested into reducing the deficit and into our future. We got there by keeping America strong on foreign policy and national security.

The reason why we managed to reduce the deficit almost in half in the last four years, by $8 trillion precisely, is that we adopted pro-growth policies that lowered the size of government, reduced government spending, cut taxes for all Americans, reinforced their purchasing power, made America a place open for business, got us to energy independence, promoted free trade and created 12 million jobs. Senator Sanders' plan to increase the size of government, to increase spending and to raise taxes and regulations by $15 billion on hard-working families that will bring massive job losses and ship businesses overseas will do nothing but increase the deficit and add $21 trillion to the national debt over the next decade by costing $33.3 trillion in new spending, thus blowing a whole in the deficit.

In the next four years, when we'll get the budget balanced, we're going to use a part of budget surpluses into the development of infrastructures in order to grow our economy by making our companies more dynamic and more competitive, thus ensuring innovation and further job creation because developing our infrastructures will improve transportation, facilitate economic activities and favor the implementation of new businesses here in this country like our infrastructure policy is doing. We will not do it with borrowed money but with earned money. Another part of future budget surpluses is going to be invested into the development of renewable energies for the sake of our economy and our environment and into education and health care. And finally, some of budget surpluses will be invested into the modernization of our military notably with the development of the building of the Air Force LRS-B program and of the Columbia-class submarine program and with the development of laser weapon programs in order to make sure we will lead America to final victory against terrorism and that we'll be able to win any war against any geopolitical foe.

So let's balance the budget in order to keep our economy and our national security strong and in order to invest in your future and I intend to invest in your future as President if you give me the priviledge to lead this country for four more years.

How

What is the amount of revenue the gov has collected comparted to how much it has spent
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »

First Presidential Debate, Part 3

George Stephanopoulos : Let's move to the health care topic. Senator Sanders, you are one of the harshest critics of the Rubiocare which you claimed are going to deprive millions of Americans of their health care services in the next few years. What is your health care plan?

Bernie Sanders : We are the only country, major country on Earth, that does not guarantee health care to all people, and yet we end up spending almost three times what the British do, 50 percent more than the French. My proposal, a Medicare-for-all, single-payer program and universal health care program, will save middle-class families many thousands of dollars a year in their health care costs. That is exactly what we should be doing. I'd pay for that by telling Wall Street that, yeah, we are going to have a tax on Wall Street speculation, which will bring in more than enough money to provide free tuition at public colleges and universities and lower the outrageous level of student debt. We have seen in the last 30 years a massive transfer of wealth from the middle class to the top 0.1 percent. I am determined to transfer that money back to the working families of this country.

Marco Rubio : George, Senator Sanders' plan is just unrealistic. He claims that his plan will save money for the middle class, which is not true. The health care plan he adopted would raise taxes on middle class Americans through a new 2.2 % income tax on all Americans, which will restrict their purchasing power and their access to health care and Medicare. No wonder that Senator Sanders wants to increase Washington mandates bailing out health care companies with taxpayer dollars. That is not going to solve anything. And even my 90-year old mother Oriales is on Medicare and Medicaid. I am against anything that is bad for my mother just like I'm against anything that is bad for the American people. That's why we repealed and replaced Obamacare with a better plan that created an advanceable and refundable tax credit that all Americans are using to purchase health insurance, which increased credits annually and set the tax preference for employer-sponsored insurance on a glide path to ensure that it will equal the level of the credits within a decade. We adopted measures reforming insurance regulations to lower costs, encouraging innovation, and protecting the vulnerable to make sure those with pre-existing conditions have access to affordable care through mechanisms such as federally-supported, actuarially-sound and state-based high risk pools. So this plan not only defended the interests of the middle class but also provided health care for everyone.

George Stephanopoulos : Now we are on the education topic. What are the differences between both of you on granting education for all Americans?

Marco Rubio : Education is an important element for our children's future. I was raised by people who came to this country with nothing, they barely spoke English at the time. They had no money. My father stopped going to school when he was nine years old, he had to go work. He would never go back to school. He would work for the next 70 years of his life. My parents did not make enough to save for our education. But I managed to use Pell grants, student loans, work study and summer jobs to pay for a four-year degree and eventually law school.

Under my presidency, we fixed our education system by promoting school choice, which made access to education less expansive for children and produced higher outcomes compared to public education. It granted parents the power to orientate their children out of poorly-performing schools assigned by zip code and look for better education elsewhere, thus increasing their chances of success and of entry into the workforce. As a result, we are graduating as much science & engineering PhDs as China and India, which is boosting our innovation knowledge faster than before, boosting our industries and helping us creating much more new businesses. So by keeping the states responsible for holding schools accountable for student achievement and by focusing on education and job training, we're going to ensure success for our children and create the jobs of tomorrow.

George Stephanopoulos : Senator?

Bernie Sanders : While I agree that we have to make our children's success a top priority in terms of education, we also have to understand that teachers' interests must be defended too. They are making great contributions in our children's future. That's why education must not be privatized and we must invest in education and ensure teachers' formation. We're going to need teachers, professors and others to keep the economy going. If we don't have them, then we can't make education accessible. Let private areas teach what they want. However, private schools and colleges should not be receiving a single cent in government funding at all. The money we save from this would be enormous; we can use it to help pay for universal tuition for American children.

I feel strongly that we have to have an education system that starts with preschool and goes through college. That's why I want more technical education in high schools and in community colleges, real apprenticeships to prepare young people for the jobs of the future. I want to make college debt-free and for families making less than $125,000, you will not get a tuition bill from a public college or university.

George Stephanopoulos : Gentlemen, let's move now to the deficit issue. In the last four years, our national debt was reduced from $20 trillion to $12 trillion, which is almost in half. So I want to hear from both of you. How do you lan the deficit problem in this country? Senator Sanders.

Bernie Sanders : We first have to cease years of out-of-control military spending. Around half of our discretionary budget is spent on the military. We can reduce the deficit by making the rich pay their fair share of taxes by introducing the Buffett Rule : No billionaire should be paying less than their secretary in taxes. That's just egregious. How can a a billionaire's secretary be paying less taxes than the billionaire himself? That's why I want to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour because reducing the deficit also requires high wages for all Americans.

When the budget will be balanced, I believe surpluses should go towards bettering the lives of middle and working class America. I believe that any surplus must go towards education, Social Security and Medicare for all. I believe we should funnel it into infrastructure projects and towards creating better lives for the middle and working classes. We can also funnel surplus money into renewable energy research. We are badly falling behind in this regard, and we can't afford to delay any longer. Unless we want to leave the world in a bad shape, we must start looking towards renewables without delay.

Marco Rubio : Well, first of all, we ended the War in Afghanistan last summer after totally defeating Al-Qaida, the Taliban and ISIS there, we are accomplishing our duty to rebuild this country and train the Afghan Army to make sure they will be fully ready to take the responsibility of their nation's security. We are progressively withdrawing from Afghanistan and our troops in Afghanistan will be coming home next  year, which will save over $500 billion in the next 10 years to be invested into reducing the deficit and into our future. We got there by keeping America strong on foreign policy and national security.

The reason why we managed to reduce the deficit almost in half in the last four years, by $8 trillion precisely, is that we adopted pro-growth policies that lowered the size of government, reduced government spending, cut taxes for all Americans, reinforced their purchasing power, made America a place open for business, got us to energy independence, promoted free trade and created 12 million jobs. Senator Sanders' plan to increase the size of government, to increase spending and to raise taxes and regulations by $15 billion on hard-working families that will bring massive job losses and ship businesses overseas will do nothing but increase the deficit and add $21 trillion to the national debt over the next decade by costing $33.3 trillion in new spending, thus blowing a whole in the deficit.

In the next four years, when we'll get the budget balanced, we're going to use a part of budget surpluses into the development of infrastructures in order to grow our economy by making our companies more dynamic and more competitive, thus ensuring innovation and further job creation because developing our infrastructures will improve transportation, facilitate economic activities and favor the implementation of new businesses here in this country like our infrastructure policy is doing. We will not do it with borrowed money but with earned money. Another part of future budget surpluses is going to be invested into the development of renewable energies for the sake of our economy and our environment and into education and health care. And finally, some of budget surpluses will be invested into the modernization of our military notably with the development of the building of the Air Force LRS-B program and of the Columbia-class submarine program and with the development of laser weapon programs in order to make sure we will lead America to final victory against terrorism and that we'll be able to win any war against any geopolitical foe.

So let's balance the budget in order to keep our economy and our national security strong and in order to invest in your future and I intend to invest in your future as President if you give me the priviledge to lead this country for four more years.

How

What is the amount of revenue the gov has collected comparted to how much it has spent

You asked a good one.

Let’s say approximately $650 billion spent on national defense in general + at least $150 billion for some social or education services.

Anyway, compared to all my of this, the gov has collected about $9 trillion through economic policies that cut spending, reduced taxes, encouraged the size of government, promoted free enterprise and encouraged job creation and through the reduction of the cost of infrastructure programs by encouraging partnerships between public and private sectors (which further reduced spending while encouraging job creation through infrastructure development).

So 9 trillion - over 800 billion = 8 trillion. 20 trillion - 8 billion = 12 trillion.

Did you account for the projected deficits or just used 2016 numbers. Cause interest expenses were also expected to go up as well.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies