Describe a Hillary-Romney-McCain-Kerry-Gore-Dole-Bush voter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:17:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Hillary-Romney-McCain-Kerry-Gore-Dole-Bush voter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Hillary-Romney-McCain-Kerry-Gore-Dole-Bush voter  (Read 9541 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 25, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »

The irony is that W. Bush and Trump are probably the most objectionable Republicans during this time.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:39 AM »

Hmm, my first instinct would a #NeverTump Republican that also opposed the War in Iraq, but that doesn't explain the Gore vote. Actually, I wonder how many places had both a Dole-Gore swing and a Kerry-McCain swing, I can't imagine it's very many...

I can only find two counties - Russell, KS (Dole's home county) and Smith, TN (Gore's home county).

There were no McCain/Kerry/Dole voters. Prove me wrong!

What about someone in Massachusetts who usually votes Republican but wanted to support the nominee who was from his home state? There were four counties in Massachusetts that swung Republican in 2008.

-Dole got a much smaller percentage in 1996 than Bush04 did. The counties in Western Massachusetts that swung to McCain also swung to Bush04 as well.

Not really 'Western' Massachusetts.

nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:37:10 PM »

And in 2003, Lawrence v. Texas overturned Bowers. I hate the Lawrence decision, and the Court's opinion, passionately. Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote both Bush and Lawrence. I loathe him so much I can't even begin to describe, ..... it's like flames on the side of my face, .....
There was just no point in voting any more. If the Supreme Court can hand down a secision that could prevent my vote from being counted, why bother? If the Supreme Court defines "liberty" whatever way they feel like, they could strike down laws I voted for (and which I am 100% positive are not truly unconstitutional), why bother to vote?

If you're gay, why do you hate the Lawrence decision, when you opposed Bowers? Or is this a typo?
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »

And in 2003, Lawrence v. Texas overturned Bowers. I hate the Lawrence decision, and the Court's opinion, passionately. Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote both Bush and Lawrence. I loathe him so much I can't even begin to describe, ..... it's like flames on the side of my face, .....
There was just no point in voting any more. If the Supreme Court can hand down a secision that could prevent my vote from being counted, why bother? If the Supreme Court defines "liberty" whatever way they feel like, they could strike down laws I voted for (and which I am 100% positive are not truly unconstitutional), why bother to vote?

If you're gay, why do you hate the Lawrence decision, when you opposed Bowers? Or is this a typo?

That's not a typo. I opposed the Bowers decision for a period of about three years because I made a subjective and uninformed decision based only on my need at the time. I changed my mind based on knowledge I didn't have before and persuasive arguments. The new, opposite decision I made - that Bowers was the correct conclusion - was based on objective analysis and having accurate information what certain clauses in the Constitution were intended to mean. I hate the Lawrence decision because it was neither an objective nor an accurate interpretation of the Constitution.

Are you saying you disagree with sodomy laws, but believe they are not unconstitutional?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies