Describe a Hillary-Romney-McCain-Kerry-Gore-Dole-Bush voter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:20:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe a Hillary-Romney-McCain-Kerry-Gore-Dole-Bush voter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Hillary-Romney-McCain-Kerry-Gore-Dole-Bush voter  (Read 9550 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: February 25, 2017, 12:52:11 PM »

Hmm, my first instinct would a #NeverTump Republican that also opposed the War in Iraq, but that doesn't explain the Gore vote. Actually, I wonder how many places had both a Dole-Gore swing and a Kerry-McCain swing, I can't imagine it's very many...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 09:00:46 PM »

There were no McCain/Kerry/Dole voters. Prove me wrong!

I wouldn't go that far, but they are certainly very much a statistical rarity. It's not too hard to picture a person doing any of these individual swings, but all of them in the same person is another story...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:23:05 PM »

Hmm, my first instinct would a #NeverTump Republican that also opposed the War in Iraq, but that doesn't explain the Gore vote. Actually, I wonder how many places had both a Dole-Gore swing and a Kerry-McCain swing, I can't imagine it's very many...

I can only find two counties - Russell, KS (Dole's home county) and Smith, TN (Gore's home county).

Makes sense, though I doubt either of them also has a Romney-Hillary swing. Tongue
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:08:19 PM »

Someone who normally votes Republican but is very sensitive to racial issues is probably the most logical explanation for this sequence.

Wouldn't some like that be more likely to vote for Obama than Gore or Kerry, though? Or am I misunderstanding what "very sensitive to racial issues" means...
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 04:41:06 PM »

Maybe a McCain loyalist who voted for Gore out of anger at the way McCain had been treated by Bush in South Carolina.

Yeah, that might make some sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies