Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair?
I'm a Democrat - great!
I'm a Democrat - good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm a Democrat - tolerable
I'm a Democrat - dislike
I'm a Democrat - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm an Independent - great!
I'm an Independent - good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm an Independent - tolerable
I'm an Independent - dislike
I'm an Independent - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm 3rd Party - great!
I'm 3rd Party - good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm 3rd Party - tolerable
I'm 3rd Party - dislike
I'm 3rd Party - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm Not American - great!
I'm Not American -  good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm Not American - tolerable
I'm Not American - dislike
I'm Not American - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm American but usually don't vote - great!
I'm American but usually don't vote -  good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm American but usually don't vote - tolerable
I'm American but usually don't vote - dislike
I'm American but usually don't vote - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm Republican - great!
I'm Republican -  good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm Republican - tolerable
I'm Republican - dislike
I'm Republican - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair?  (Read 10170 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« on: February 26, 2017, 10:46:50 AM »

lol, surprisingly, jfern and the rest of the unhinged true leftists in this thread sounds just like Trump: https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/835814988686233601
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »

How many people in real life (outside Atlas and the internet) give a sh**t about the DNC election results?

A lot of the Democratic activists and professionals that represent the Prog wing in the political firmament, let me tell ya.

The "progressive wing" is happy that a progressive who has spent his life fighting for civil rights and workers' rights is the new DNC chair.

The Bernie Cult is a different thing.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:01:54 PM »

How many people in real life (outside Atlas and the internet) give a sh**t about the DNC election results?
A lot of the Democratic activists and professionals that represent the Prog wing in the political firmament, let me tell ya.
The "progressive wing" is happy that a progressive who has spent his life fighting for civil rights and workers' rights is the new DNC chair.

Haha get the f outta here with that crap

If Tom Perez really was a strong progressive why did he run against Leader of the Congressional Progressive Caucus Keith Ellison?

Uh, because he thought he'd do a better job? It's an election dude. Sorry Ellison didn't get his coronation just because he was the first to announce. Roll Eyes

You need to drop your absurd manichean view of the world where every election is a HEROIC PROGRESSIVE vs. an EVIL ESTABLISHMENT SHILL.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »

I mean if you define the 'Progressive Wing' to be Obama loyalists, maybe.

Like actually, I think that's the problem here. There are three generations within the party working themselves out; Clinton loyalists, Obama loyalists, and Bernie loyalists. Obama folks think they're the bleeding edge of the party, but in truth they've alienated a lot of people in labor, environmental groups, etc etc. over the past 8 years in Washington.

Obama is, by far, the most popular Democratic politician. There's no evidence that he's alienated a lot of progressives.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:07:35 PM »

Like actually, I think that's the problem here. There are three generations within the party working themselves out; Clinton loyalists, Obama loyalists, and Bernie loyalists. Obama folks think they're the bleeding edge of the party, but in truth they've alienated a lot of people in labor, environmental groups, etc etc. over the past 8 years in Washington.

Obama is, by far, the most popular Democratic politician. There's no evidence that he's alienated a lot of progressives.

I mean, there was a Presidential primary where his chosen successor only drew 55% of the popular vote. AFTER she was established to be the inevitable winner.

You're delusional if you think a significant portion of Sanders supporters supported him because they didn't like Barack Obama. And of those who did, most were right-wing fake Democrats in the South and Appalachia.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »

I mean, there was a Presidential primary where his chosen successor only drew 55% of the popular vote. AFTER she was established to be the inevitable winner.

You're delusional if you think a significant portion of Sanders supporters supported him because they didn't like Barack Obama. And of those who did, most were right-wing fake Democrats in the South and Appalachia.

I'm talking about the population of activists that staff campaigns, bro.

No? You were talking about the primary electorate...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 05:12:38 PM »

I gotta say, liberals like Lief are much better at fighting those on the left then they are at fighting the right.

lol, get back to me when a leftist wins a single election in any competitive district or state in the country or when leftists don't almost uniformly run behind the "evil establishment" candidate, like they did in 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies