Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:12:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair?
I'm a Democrat - great!
I'm a Democrat - good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm a Democrat - tolerable
I'm a Democrat - dislike
I'm a Democrat - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm an Independent - great!
I'm an Independent - good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm an Independent - tolerable
I'm an Independent - dislike
I'm an Independent - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm 3rd Party - great!
I'm 3rd Party - good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm 3rd Party - tolerable
I'm 3rd Party - dislike
I'm 3rd Party - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm Not American - great!
I'm Not American -  good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm Not American - tolerable
I'm Not American - dislike
I'm Not American - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm American but usually don't vote - great!
I'm American but usually don't vote -  good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm American but usually don't vote - tolerable
I'm American but usually don't vote - dislike
I'm American but usually don't vote - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
I'm Republican - great!
I'm Republican -  good, not 1st choice but seems a good guy
I'm Republican - tolerable
I'm Republican - dislike
I'm Republican - PEREZ WILL MURDER US ALL
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Your feelings on Perez as DNC Chair, Ellison as Deputy Chair?  (Read 10188 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:35 PM »

It's only the DNC chair. Not the f-cking candidate for President.

Yep, and the chair is bound to support all Democratic nominees, no matter what.

If Berniecrats get off their ass and get Berniecrats nominated in all 435 House seats in 2018, then Perez will strongly support all 435 of them. If all 435 seats nominated Blue Dogs, the DNC chairman, even if it was Bernie himself, would support all 435 of them. If we nominate 435 conspiracist raving lunatics, the DNC chairman will undyingly support all 435 of them.

It's a hack-in-chief for the party and whoever the party nominates, in addition to being a glorified fundraiser.

Perez will rig things against progressives like the Obama/Clinton wing always does. He even told the Hillary campaign to use race baiting against the progressives.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 06:30:15 PM »

It's only the DNC chair. Not the f-cking candidate for President.

Yep, and the chair is bound to support all Democratic nominees, no matter what.

If Berniecrats get off their ass and get Berniecrats nominated in all 435 House seats in 2018, then Perez will strongly support all 435 of them. If all 435 seats nominated Blue Dogs, the DNC chairman, even if it was Bernie himself, would support all 435 of them. If we nominate 435 conspiracist raving lunatics, the DNC chairman will undyingly support all 435 of them.

It's a hack-in-chief for the party and whoever the party nominates, in addition to being a glorified fundraiser.

Perez will rig things against progressives like the Obama/Clinton wing always does. He even told the Hillary campaign to use race baiting against the progressives.

LOL. And vaccines are bad, global warming is fake, and the government did 9/11.

DKIM verified e-mails don't lie.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:09:20 PM »

This position is meaningless unless you're incompetent.

Well, Perez did have to be thrown off the ballot when he tried running in a race he wasn't qualified for, so he should have that down pat.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:04:51 PM »

I'm personally far more pissed at this than anything else.

That and Perez were definitely correlated. Although Ellison was behind over backwards too much, and backed away from his pledge to ban corporate money. And he still lost.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:08:04 PM »

Yeah that bit actually sucks and is worth getting upset. This childish garbage:

Wtf is up with all the hate for Perez? DNC Chair isn't a policy figure. And even if it was, he's just as progressive as Ellison.

This is a symbol. It's a middle finger to anyone who isn't an establishment hack.

Is not. Seriously you f[inks]ing child.

I mean, it's more a middle finger to everyone but the establishment than a Russian Art Museum is an anti LGBT+ hate crime.

Yeah, it's hilarious that someone triggered by the fact that there's a Russian Art Musuem is lecturing us on giving a sh**t about who is DNC chair after how terrible Obama's other picks were.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:10:21 PM »

Yeah that bit actually sucks and is worth getting upset. This childish garbage:

Wtf is up with all the hate for Perez? DNC Chair isn't a policy figure. And even if it was, he's just as progressive as Ellison.

This is a symbol. It's a middle finger to anyone who isn't an establishment hack.

Is not. Seriously you f[inks]ing child.

I mean, it's more a middle finger to everyone but the establishment than a Russian Art Museum is an anti LGBT+ hate crime.

Yeah, it's hilarious that someone triggered by the fact that there's a Russian Art Musuem is lecturing us on giving a sh**t about who is DNC chair after how terrible Obama's other picks were.

Also hilarious how someone who thinks Ohio was stolen in 2004 and that the DNC primary was stolen thinks Putin never rigs elections or had any attempts to influence this one.

Wikileaks releasing DKIM verified e-mails that were leaked isn't Russia rigging the election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 01:23:25 AM »

Can't y'all save the outrage for things that actually matter instead of seeing insults in which far-left candidate was chosen for DNC chair?

Factional struggle within the party matters. Full stop. And you only think it doesn't because you identify with the faction in power, and want to tamp down conflict.

Roll Eyes

You seem more interested in fighting democrats you don't like then fighting donald. Ellison was made vice-chair purely as a gesture towards your people. A minority faction within the party is not entitled to everything. You were the ones who tried to turn this random party position into a proxy war. Not us. The party is made up of many groups that aren't you that don't have enough of a voice. Some of these groups I identify with. Those of us who really care about issues of racial and gender inequality enough to identify with the feminist movement, Black Lives Matter, etc aren't whining about not getting the DNC chair go to our special candidate, (we'd be fine with Ellison) and we didn't get the slightest hint of any pandering. We got a hell of a lot less then you, and we're happily marching along. It would be cool to be the faction in control, but we aren't going to start acting like babies when the establishment assigns one of its own to a strategizing and fundraising position.

Ellison had a majority of the Senator endorsements. Most of his support from politicians was from those who supported Hillary in the primary. Yes, he didn't get a majority of the DNC vote, but that's exactly the problem, the DNC is stacked with Clinton and Obama hacks. Ellison wasn't pandering to progressives, he was pandering to Hillary supporters. And he still lost.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 01:36:12 AM »

Can't y'all save the outrage for things that actually matter instead of seeing insults in which far-left candidate was chosen for DNC chair?

Factional struggle within the party matters. Full stop. And you only think it doesn't because you identify with the faction in power, and want to tamp down conflict.

Roll Eyes

You seem more interested in fighting democrats you don't like then fighting donald. Ellison was made vice-chair purely as a gesture towards your people. A minority faction within the party is not entitled to everything. You were the ones who tried to turn this random party position into a proxy war. Not us. The party is made up of many groups that aren't you that don't have enough of a voice. Some of these groups I identify with. Those of us who really care about issues of racial and gender inequality enough to identify with the feminist movement, Black Lives Matter, etc aren't whining about not getting the DNC chair go to our special candidate, (we'd be fine with Ellison) and we didn't get the slightest hint of any pandering. We got a hell of a lot less then you, and we're happily marching along. It would be cool to be the faction in control, but we aren't going to start acting like babies when the establishment assigns one of its own to a strategizing and fundraising position.

why do you assume that the Prog wing is distinct from BLM and feminism?

Probably because white male David Brock successfully projected his racism and sexism onto Bernie supporters.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 03:35:34 AM »

Aaand they just struck down a ban on corporate lobbyists. Where was the DNC saviour Perez? Ellison was one of its storngest supporters. Were was The Great Saviour Perez?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/dnc-pac-contributions-ban_us_58b1ac9ee4b0a8a9b782bb00

Bu-but omegascarlet said Ellison and Perez were both far-left!

Perez is obviously a far left TPP supporter who takes lots of money from corporations and tells the Hillary campaign how to demonize progressives.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 06:28:50 AM »

What are everyone's thoughts now that it's been a few months?

Making abortion a big issue in the Omaha mayor race was clearly a genius move.

/s
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies