Trump skipping White House Correspondents Dinner
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:03:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump skipping White House Correspondents Dinner  (Read 3050 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »

bush was HATED by the press - but he got balls.

trump is a weak man, so i am not surprised.

it's like going to school if you don't need to or eating vegetables or visiting your girlfriend's parents......no one can make you but you know you should.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2017, 04:25:10 AM by Meclazine »

What is so bad about the WHCD Dinners? It's about celebrating journalism and journalistic ethics. Is that bad these days despite Trump's war vs. the media?

it's not about that. it's about celebrating how chummy the relationship between the media and the politicians are. That's unacceptable.
Exactly. That's exactly why Trump has absolutely no motivation to go. He doesn't haven't a cosy relationship with the liberal establishment media. Furthermore he has no motive to pretend that he does, either to the WHCA themselves or to the public. His entire PR strategy is based around discrediting the highly biased and ideologically driven liberal corporate media.

Saying that Trump isn't showing up to the WHCA dinner because he's "scared" is like saying that Obama never showed up to CPAC because he was scared. Obama wasn't 'scared' of going to CPAC, its just that he had absolutely no motivation to attend. Likewise President Trump and the WHCA dinner.

It is refreshing to see the media held to account by the President.

Bush copped the same feeling from left wing media.

Seeing CNN being held to account for producing "infotainment" instead of news is fantastic. CNN literally has no idea. They have an unrealistic globalized agenda where they think they can fix the world.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2017, 04:44:03 PM »

Seeing CNN being held to account for producing "infotainment" instead of news is fantastic. CNN literally has no idea. The have an unreslistoc globalized agenda where they think they can fix the world.

i generally like you, cause you got a good sense of humour but this sentiment seems like out of a bizzaro universe for me.

not cause i disagree with your opinion....it's more like i can't understand how anyway would come to the concusion that CNN was especially mean to donald and even if they were they should be punished?
EnglishPete

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »

the world is either white or black, everything else is a lie.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2017, 05:13:23 PM »

Who cares? The WHCD is just a night to make elitist journalists feel like they're important, although it was always fun to watch Bush and Obama.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2017, 05:19:09 PM »

Who cares? The WHCD is just a night to make elitist journalists feel like they're important, although it was always fun to watch Bush and Obama.

those guys got humour.

i hated bush at that time like nothing on earth but he is obviously someone who can take a joke.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »

I never really liked the White House Correspondents Dinner, so I don't have a problem with this.

Also, anybody saying they should get Alec Baldwin is absolutely wrong. Anthony Atamanuik has the best Trump impression, hands down.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2017, 06:11:03 PM »

it's about celebrating how chummy the relationship between the media and the politicians are.

not always....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X93u3anTco

So, if Dubya's presidency was Rocky, will that make Trump's Rocky II?
EnglishPete

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »

those guys got humour.

i hated bush at that time like nothing on earth but he is obviously someone who can take a joke.

Trump clearly has a sense of humour. Have you seen his twitter channel? A recent example

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is a truly brilliant troll with a wonderful dry sense of humour that he uses not only on social media but in TV appearances as well (memorably he used this to great effect in the Primary debates).
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »

Trump is a truly brilliant troll with a wonderful dry sense of humour

let me rephrase.

trump knows how to stick it to other people but is kind of a glass cannon...moderate pushback and he breaks. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »

For those at home wondering which random nutjob EnglishPete is referring to, Paul Joseph Watson is the editor of Infowars.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2017, 10:02:15 PM »

For those at home wondering which random nutjob EnglishPete is referring to, Paul Joseph Watson is the editor of Infowars.

From the creepy looking photo and the three names, I thought he was some serial murderer.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »

from WH Correspondents Association: "WH informed WHCA this evening WH staff won't attend Correspondents’ Dinner out of solidarity w/Trump"

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/846870966898774016
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2017, 07:05:11 PM »

Probably it's for the best.  Such dinners are meant to be friendly, comedic jestfests.   Anyone who watched the Aflred Smith memorial dinner from 2016 will remember that the two main-party candidates of 2016, one of whom was Donald Trump, were both astoundingly awkward and unfit for such roastings.  It's a good thing that the archbishop of New York was sitting between them during that fiasco.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2017, 07:19:00 PM »

I'd rather Trump skip the WHCD than have him show up. The only way he'd willingly show up is if the comedians given a speaking role exclusively came from the absolute dreck that passes for conservative political humor.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »

from WH Correspondents Association: "WH informed WHCA this evening WH staff won't attend Correspondents’ Dinner out of solidarity w/Trump"

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/846870966898774016

I hope someone remembered to inform the White House staff that they'll be "showing solidarity"with the Carotene Catastrophe.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies