CPAC Straw Poll: Trump at 86% Approval
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:19:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC Straw Poll: Trump at 86% Approval
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CPAC Straw Poll: Trump at 86% Approval  (Read 909 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:18:46 PM »

86/12 approvals.  Gorsuch's nomination has 94/2 support!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/25/cpac-straw-poll-86-percent-approve-president-donald-trump
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:19:42 PM »

Trump knows how to deliver for his base. The Democrats don't.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »

Among the rabid base, that's not very impressive. Regardless, it highlights how "principled" the suit-and-tie-wearing closet cases who supposedly love small government and who largely comprise this gathering truly are at the end of the day.
Trapsy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 09:42:29 PM »

It's easy to deliver circuses and empty promises of bread  to stupid, ignorant, bigoted fascists.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 09:52:35 PM »

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 10:04:39 PM »

Are we really turning a thread about cpac into a whinefest over the DNC chair race?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 10:42:22 PM »

Are we really turning a thread about cpac into a whinefest over the DNC chair race?

Looks like. Honestly, 86% seems rather low to me given the audience.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 11:19:18 PM »

trump knows how to fake-news his base into believing, he does get anything done and at the same time shun all people saying otherwise.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:46:34 PM »

Keep in mind this was a de-fanged CPAC.  No one from the "Liberty" wing of the party (which used to dominate CPAC) was invited to speak, meaning no Paul and no Amash.  And no Trump-skeptic Republicans like Flake or Sasse.  It was basically a Trump pep rally.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 01:05:26 AM »

Trump is popular with conservatives; this is a consequence of division. The important thing is not falling in an echo chamber and thinking a certain predilection is endemic. This applies for anyone, really.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 01:08:44 AM »

So, even in his own fan club Trump can't get over 90% approval? Sad!
peterthlee
China

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 02:38:27 AM »

Yup. If this continues to plummet, he is on track to get blanched in 2020.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 02:44:08 AM »

Yup. If this continues to plummet, he is on track to get blanched in 2020.

The correct term for a President losing by around 20 points is Hoovered out of office.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 12:46:37 PM »

Extremely proud to have voted for the infrastructure package as my top priority.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »

Extremely proud to have voted for the infrastructure package as my top priority.

I would be curious to hear your thoughts on CPAC this year!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

I remember when Obama won the first time. I had voted for Hillary, but came around to supporting Obama. And I also remember how people on another forum I was post at called us dreamers, and utopians, and bashed us for accepting Obama's "hope" dream.

Now I see the whole thing playing again, only on the other side of the fence. I see Trumpsters with stars in their eyes, claiming Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm sure Trump's approval rating is 86%, but not with the average citizen. Only with the ones with stars in their eyes.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »

and to be sure.....obama was way more popular with less political guys.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2019, 04:36:05 AM by Celes »

I had a great time and met a lot of people that I respect and admire. There were some panels I outright skipped out on because I found them ridiculous, and those where instead of clapping I just angrily stared at the presenter because they were being unnecessarily personal and divisive. I had a front row seat to Trump's and Farage's speeches, which was a very moving experience. I heard a lot of things I agreed with during Bannon's speech. CPAC made me feel a little more comfortable with having Trump in the White House knowing that Bannon is behind him, but concerned about the possible influence of Priebus types. I foresee a conflict between Bannon and another cabinet member during which Trump is forced to choose.

Mark Levin was outrageously inflammatory and Dale Bellis was nothing more than a sociopathic car salesman. When I met Jim Gilmore, Paul LePage, Austin Petersen, and Nigel Farage, they all respected where I was coming from and appreciated that I was there. I didn't feel unwelcome at all except for a few presenters. I was asked by some media for comments and for explanations from other attendees, and explained that I was there as a conservative, blue-collar Democrat who felt alienated by the direction of the DNC, and I was welcomed with open arms -- this was not a Republican conference, but a conservative one.

I would say that my experience was extremely positive with a grain of salt. It was bizarre to recognize that I probably disagreed with a solid 50-60% of what everyone around me had to say, and even stranger to realize that I was being respected for it. Even when I wore my Martin O'Malley shirt, I was simply asked for more information and treated like an adult who had arrived at the same place through different experiences. My opinion of this part of the conservative movement has been greatly improved, and it is upsetting that it seems the Democrats will not be able to resemble it for a long time coming, at least until the Sanders types are marginalized.

EDIT JULY 19 2019: This was stupid. I did NOT vote for Donald Trump. My experience at CPAC is a haunting one that will remain with me for the rest of my life, and I have not even begun to process the substance of that weekend and how I should best move forward from it.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »

I had a great time and met a lot of people that I respect and admire. There were some panels I outright skipped out on because I found them ridiculous, and those where instead of clapping I just angrily stared at the presenter because they were being unnecessarily personal and divisive. I had a front row seat to Trump's and Farage's speeches, which was a very moving experience. I heard a lot of things I agreed with during Bannon's speech. CPAC made me feel a little more comfortable with having Trump in the White House knowing that Bannon is behind him, but concerned about the possible influence of Priebus types. I foresee a conflict between Bannon and another cabinet member during which Trump is forced to choose.

Mark Levin was outrageously inflammatory and Dale Bellis was nothing more than a sociopathic car salesman. When I met Jim Gilmore, Paul LePage, Austin Petersen, and Nigel Farage, they all respected where I was coming from and appreciated that I was there. I didn't feel unwelcome at all except for a few presenters. I was asked by some media for comments and for explanations from other attendees, and explained that I was there as a conservative, blue-collar Democrat who felt alienated by the direction of the DNC, and I was welcomed with open arms -- this was not a Republican conference, but a conservative one.

I would say that my experience was extremely positive with a grain of salt. It was bizarre to recognize that I probably disagreed with a solid 50-60% of what everyone around me had to say, and even stranger to realize that I was being respected for it. Even when I wore my Martin O'Malley shirt, I was simply asked for more information and treated like an adult who had arrived at the same place through different experiences. My opinion of this part of the conservative movement has been greatly improved, and it is upsetting that it seems the Democrats will not be able to resemble it for a long time coming, at least until the Sanders types are marginalized.

I think I must have seen you from a distance because I remember wondering why someone was wearing an O'Malley t-shirt!  Glad to hear that you had a good time, though!!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies