Bernie Sanders congratulates Perez on his election as DNC chairman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:50:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bernie Sanders congratulates Perez on his election as DNC chairman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders congratulates Perez on his election as DNC chairman  (Read 1095 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »
« edited: February 26, 2017, 06:47:54 AM by Torie »

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/835589406820036608

[heading modified by Torie]
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:35:10 PM »

What a cuck
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 11:36:50 PM »

Here's proof to what I've been saying all along that you types have more in common with the alt-right than actual progressives like Sanders and Ellison.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 11:39:00 PM »

I think the only thing close to being as dangerous as dictator Trump and his cult is those who prefer a circular firing squad among the left (or the sane) to banding together to fight and eventually stop the demented villain and his destructive dreams.

Politics is about compromise. It's about working together to achieve goals. Goals like building an opposition that is nationally effective. If Perez turns out to be unwilling, unable, or working against that goal, then he will need to go. But whining because he's not your number one choice, or because you don't personally like him, or anything like that is just plain stupid. Trump and the GOP are dangerous and powerful. We need to work together to stop them, not squabble.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:39:37 PM »

Here's proof to what I've been saying all along that you types have more in common with the alt-right than actual progressives like Sanders and Ellison.
It was a joke
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 11:42:11 PM »

He's effectively a Democrat. He can't exactly not. If he had a few Trumpish traits he would have been like "f*** off, you corporatists smeared me during the primaries" but he's too nice
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 11:44:57 PM »

One of Obama's great triumphs as president was standing up again both the far right AND the far "left."
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 11:45:09 PM »

He's effectively a Democrat. He can't exactly not. If he had a few Trumpish traits he would have been like "f*** off, you corporatists smeared me during the primaries" but he's too nice

That's probably his biggest flaw, being too nice. He never really went negative on Hillary despite her going quite negative on him. And in 2008, Obama and Hillary both went much more negative on each other than Bernie ever did.

One of Obama's great triumphs as president was standing up again both the far right AND the far "left."

How'd that work out for Democrats winning elections?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »

like with the people who couldn't get over bernie's support for hillary, i think if bernie found trump to be a bigger threat and keith is able to stomach major tom, other people shouldn't feel more entitled to be pissed, imho.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 11:47:55 PM »

Berniebros are the worst. I personally blame them for Hillary losing the election. I know some who voted for Trump "I could never vote for her" as they would tell me.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 11:54:24 PM »

Berniebros are the worst. I personally blame them for Hillary losing the election. I know some who voted for Trump "I could never vote for her" as they would tell me.

not very likely, even while i am shocked, frustrated and "amused" at the same time, that the people who care most about cultural topics could stomach the only alternative to trumpt he least.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »

FF. Smiley
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 12:09:08 AM »

Of course the electeds are going to be politic. What the heck did you expect? No one is complaining that the electeds are making peace.

It's a defeat, and we're mad as hell. That is all.

Get over yourself.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2017, 12:11:14 AM »

Of course the electeds are going to be politic. What the heck did you expect? No one is complaining that the electeds are making peace.

Get over yourself.

Silence!

In the name of party unity, I command you to get back in line!
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:44 AM »

Get over yourself.

Silence!

In the name of party unity, I command you to get back in line!

Who is violating party unity? THE PARTY IS UNIFIED. ALL COMPLAINERS ARE SELFISH BALL TAKE HOME CHILDREN. STOP ASSERTING THAT THE PARTY IS ANYTHING BUT UNIFIED.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:48 AM »

not a question of PARTY unity but OBJECTIVE unity and asking your heart of hearts if your true goal is first and foremost, to counter this administration or something else.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:58 AM »

Get over yourself.
I'm sorry but it's the freaking chair the win in Delaware today has longer impact on the party then this
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 12:18:18 AM »

delaware is showing that there is power atm to be used.....democrats must help the people how they can use their frustration and commitment.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 12:21:16 AM »

not a question of PARTY unity but OBJECTIVE unity and asking your heart of hearts if your true goal is first and foremost, to counter this administration or something else.

We can counter more than one thing at once.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 12:24:49 AM »

We can counter more than one thing at once.

then we would agree to disagree.

i don't hate your guts, i am afraid of your timing.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:18 AM »

I guarantee you, behind the scenes he is not pleased with the result.
He'll try to shift focus to Trump instead of the dis-unified Dems as he has been lately.

oh my goodness shut it already
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 12:55:22 AM »

Get over yourself.

You get over yourself. Stop getting outraged that the party doesn't solely focus on you. The party is moving left. Lets keep that a sane far-left instead of ideologically pure childishness.

Get over yourself.
I'm sorry but it's the freaking chair the win in Delaware today has longer impact on the party then this
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 12:57:58 AM »

Get over yourself.

You get over yourself. Stop getting outraged that the party doesn't solely focus on you. The party is moving left. Lets keep that a sane far-left instead of ideologically pure childishness.

Get over yourself.

A) There's a difference between the party being all about "me" and a faction that's running the party into the ground holding the wheel.

B ) Then why was it so hard for the establishment to just let our faction get the silly, inconsequential posting that doesn't matter?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 01:02:38 AM »

Get over yourself.

Get over yourself.

A) There's a difference between the party being all about "me" and a faction that's running the party into the ground holding the wheel.

B ) Then why was it so hard for the establishment to just let our faction get the silly, inconsequential posting that doesn't matter?

They thought Perez would be better for the role. Also, Ellison is in the house doing things already. Perez isn't. Frankly, what I'm seeing is your little subgroup of the party getting angry every time the party doesn't completely submit to your wishes. You sound like a spoiled child not getting what they want.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies