Are you watching the 89th Academy Awards
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:52:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you watching the 89th Academy Awards
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Are you watching the 89th Academy Awards  (Read 942 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »

People are getting tired of being lectured to every single speech.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 09:22:54 PM »

This was the first time in 20 years I didn't watch the Oscars (f*** it makes me feel ancient typing that). #NoRagrets, but it would have been hilarious to watch that debacle at the end in real time
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 05:15:51 AM »

It looks like people here are not alone:

Oscar ratings down, hit 9-year low.

In my opinion it's because they keep nominating mediocre movies, but that's probably not the whole story.

brae fart is a terrible film, and anyone who likes it is just wrong
The films they are nominating now are a lot better (but a lot less known and commercial) than, say, the 90s.

That's partially because the quality of commercial films has declined. When your audience is supposed to be global, there's less room for artistry. I thought Braveheart was better than La La Land or Moonlight.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 11:29:11 AM »

No. My time was consumed by the concurrent awards show: the Salzburg Festival of Filmmaking, an event which rewards filmmakers all the way from Vienna to the Tyrol.

Of course, the biased left-leftist Austrian filmmakers gave the top award to Hofer Bellen, a dramatised retelling of the famed second debate in the recent presidential election which unfairly beat "The Basement" and "Refugee of Terror".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 11:54:14 AM »

No. My time was consumed by the concurrent awards show: the Salzburg Festival of Filmmaking, an event which rewards filmmakers all the way from Vienna to the Tyrol.

Of course, the biased left-leftist Austrian filmmakers gave the top award to Hofer Bellen, a dramatised retelling of the famed second debate in the recent presidential election which unfairly beat "The Basement" and "Refugee of Terror".

I saw that movie. It was amazing.

(SPOILER ALERT !)

It is a slightly different Austrian/Afghan version of the British/Indian movie "Slumdog Millionaire", in which the main protagonist - an Afghan refugee called Ahmed who filed for asylum in Austria - takes part in the show "Guess my age":

Contestants:

"Hmm, he must be somewhere between 25 and 30 years old. Let's settle on 28 years !"

Showmaster:

"Ahmed, are you 28 years old ??"

*SUSPENSE*

Ahmed:

"No, sorry. I'm 12 years old."

There's no happy ending in the movie, because after the show Ahmed gets deported.

SAD !
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 12:58:44 PM »

It looks like people here are not alone:

Oscar ratings down, hit 9-year low.

In my opinion it's because they keep nominating mediocre movies, but that's probably not the whole story.

The films they are nominating now are a lot better (but a lot less known and commercial) than, say, the 90s.

That's partially because the quality of commercial films has declined. When your audience is supposed to be global, there's less room for artistry. I thought Braveheart was better than La La Land or Moonlight.

Please stop commenting on films thnx bai
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies