Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:58:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia  (Read 3310 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2017, 11:18:30 PM »
« edited: February 28, 2017, 02:56:23 PM by Crumpets »

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Jewish-Headstones-Cemetery-Vandalism-Wissinoming--414818793.html?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:07:13 AM »

Terrible and frightening.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:16:57 AM »

(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:17:46 AM »

All hate crimes are false flags until proven otherwise. This is always an excellent rule to follow in 2016 America.
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 01:20:08 AM »

All hate crimes are false flags until proven otherwise. This is always an excellent rule to follow in 2016 America.

I see you hit the liquor cabinet already.

-I don't drink. I even suspect supposed hate crimes against conservatives are hoaxes until proven otherwise.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 01:23:09 AM »

-I don't drink. I even suspect supposed hate crimes against conservatives are hoaxes until proven otherwise.

You really think a Jew or a liberal would desecrate a Jewish cemetery just to make Donald Trump and the Republicans look bad?  Are you sick?
Eharding

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:38:47 AM »

You really think a Jew or a liberal would desecrate a Jewish cemetery just to make Donald Trump and the Republicans look bad?  Are you sick?

-Of course. Stuff just like this happens every other week, so far as I can tell.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 02:15:08 AM »

-Of course. Stuff just like this happens every other week, so far as I can tell.

Despite your use of loaded language, I will have to agree with him. There have been several cases that prove just the opposite of what you imply. While I believe this specific case is true, I am also sick of being humiliated by liars like Dorian Johnson.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 02:31:05 AM »

This is 2017 America. Barack Obama, as clean of religious bigotry as any President, would have the FBI snooping around southeastern Pennsylvania and southwestern New Jersey. Members of known hate groups would already be called in for secretive questioning. But he is no longer President.

We have had the most fundamental change in American political and cultural life in America since the 1930s, and it is not a "new Birth of Freedom". Many people feel much more free to express primitive hatred.

1. This looks like antisemitism. Too many stones are damaged to suggest a personal dispute or a youthful prank.

2. There are plenty of suspects -- Kluxists, neo-Nazis, and Jihadi  terrorists. This is for local, state, and federal law enforcement to investigate, and the courts to prosecute.

3. Jewish-Islamic relations are very good in America. Islamophobia and Jew-hating have much the same psychological dynamic. Jewish groups have consistently opposed bigotry against Muslims in America.

4. I am not blaming the President.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 02:31:11 AM »

I don't know what to say to that. That viewpoint is just so mind-boggling to me I have no answer to it.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 02:57:12 AM »

Yet another awful, hateful incident. Why are these things happening? I can't imagine why. Truly inexplicable.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 03:08:33 AM »

This is 2017 America. Barack Obama, as clean of religious bigotry as any President, would have the FBI snooping around southeastern Pennsylvania and southwestern New Jersey. Members of known hate groups would already be called in for secretive questioning. But he is no longer President.

We have had the most fundamental change in American political and cultural life in America since the 1930s, and it is not a "new Birth of Freedom". Many people feel much more free to express primitive hatred.

1. This looks like antisemitism. Too many stones are damaged to suggest a personal dispute or a youthful prank.

2. There are plenty of suspects -- Kluxists, neo-Nazis, and Jihadi  terrorists. This is for local, state, and federal law enforcement to investigate, and the courts to prosecute.

3. Jewish-Islamic relations are very good in America. Islamophobia and Jew-hating have much the same psychological dynamic. Jewish groups have consistently opposed bigotry against Muslims in America.

You need to understand, pbrower, that under the Trump administration, the Neo-Nazis and the radical right-wing militia groups will not be viewed by law enforcement as any sort of terrorist threat whatsoever. If anything, they may very well be enlisted into the new regime's ever-accelerating efforts to round up and deport poor, non-white immigrants - men, women, and children - in addition to harassing and persecuting potential "terrorists" and their families in their communities and at their mosques, along with aggressively cracking down on "thugs" in the "inner cities" of Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc. With Bannon and his ilk whispering into Trump's ear, the possibilities on this front are endless!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 03:55:05 AM »

You need to understand, pbrower, that under the Trump administration, the Neo-Nazis and the radical right-wing militia groups will not be viewed by law enforcement as any sort of terrorist threat whatsoever. If anything, they may very well be enlisted into the new regime's ever-accelerating efforts to round up and deport poor, non-white immigrants - men, women, and children - in addition to harassing and persecuting potential "terrorists" and their families in their communities and at their mosques, along with aggressively cracking down on "thugs" in the "inner cities" of Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, etc. With Bannon and his ilk whispering into Trump's ear, the possibilities on this front are endless!

I understand this very well. I am not saying that President Trump has direct links to the KKK, neo-Nazis, or militia groups, but those groups have heard him say much that they consider 'empowering'. I contrast the similarly right-wing Ronald Reagan who wanted no part of ethnic or religious unrest and was willing to condemn overt displays of bigotry. Donald Trump is similarly reactionary, but utterly devoid of a moral compass and far more foolish.

Steve Bannon is the power behind the throne, so to speak, as were Lee Atwater and Karl Rove in earlier times -- but Bannon is far more ruthless, cruel, and extremist. It may be Bannon who decides  what "Make America Great Again" -- and that, so far as I can tell, is one in which liberals are utterly irrelevant and perhaps economically ruined.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 05:50:43 AM »

That is simply terrible.
EnglishPete

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »

I don't know what to say to that. That viewpoint is just so mind-boggling to me I have no answer to it.
When you hear of a report of a hate crime, but it is not known who did it, what is your default assumption?

Is is a) its genuine, or is it b) its a hoax

You might start out with default assumption a) but when you hear of case after case after case after case of hate crimes proven to be hoaxes and when you very rarely hear of hate crime cases that were later proven to be genuine you get to point where it makes more sense to switch the default assumption from a) to b).
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2017, 09:38:56 AM by DavidB. »

Terrible. Time to come home (and yes, for me too).

As for those who think this is a hoax because it doesn't fit their worldview, you can f**k right off.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »

When you hear of a report of a hate crime, but it is not known who did it, what is your default assumption?

Is is a) its genuine, or is it b) its a hoax

You might start out with default assumption a) but when you hear of case after case after case after case of hate crimes proven to be hoaxes and when you very rarely hear of hate crime cases that were later proven to be genuine you get to point where it makes more sense to switch the default assumption from a) to b).

You have a confirmation bias, the vast majority of hate crimes are not hoaxes.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »

It's fine to be a little skeptical, well all should be, but sheesh, do it with a little class (ie, silently until there is some proof).
or antifa or a loan left leaning wolf.  The far left hates Jews as much as the far right...not as much as Muslims do though.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 09:40:38 AM »

America and Philadelphia is my home.

Take that ethno-nationalist BS elsewhere. Creates hate which leads to stuff like this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 09:41:19 AM »

Yeah, David, this is clearly your fault.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »

America and Philadelphia is my home.

Take that ethno-nationalist BS elsewhere. Creates hate which leads to stuff like this.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 09:59:21 AM »

Uh, do you think his view isn't crazy? If he told that to any of my Jewish friends they'd probably laugh in his face.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »

Uh, do you think his view isn't crazy? If he told that to any of my Jewish friends they'd probably laugh in his face.
Well I wouldn't want any of your friends to move to Israel...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Most American Jews are way closer to them than you.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »

Yes, all two of them in the Midwest.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies