Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:54:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Second Jewish cemetery vandalized, this time in Philadelphia  (Read 3452 times)
Fusionmunster

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »

Im not moving to Israel unless I absolutely have to. I think quite a few other American Jews feel the same way.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 11:40:56 AM »

Im not moving to Israel unless I absolutely have to. I think quite a few other American Jews feel the same way.

Yeah, I probably won't spend a day of my life in Israel.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 12:09:12 PM »

The far left hates Jews as much as the far right...not as much as Muslims do though.

do you really have to do this
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »

Yeah, David, this is clearly your fault.

Uh, do you think his view isn't crazy? If he told that to any of my Jewish friends they'd probably laugh in his face.

Yes, all two of them in the Midwest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis_Park,_Minnesota
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

The far left hates Jews as much as the far right...not as much as Muslims do though.

do you really have to do this
in response to someone theorizing on which group might be responsible for the vandalism who only included the far right and Muslims in his lineup?  Sure, why not?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »

Calling a religious Jew's desire to make aliyah in response to anti-Semitism in the West "crazy"? Really, BRTD?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

Calling a religious Jew's desire to make aliyah in response to anti-Semitism in the West "crazy"? Really, BRTD?

I said that my Jewish friends would find that crazy and the reaction of other Jews here seems to indicate they're not alone.

Also in which country are you more likely to be a victim of anti-Semitic violence: the US or Israel? Duh.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »

Not crazy, but very weak.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »

There's nothing wrong with being "weak".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »

It's not even so much "weak" as completely illogical as the rate of anti-Semitic violence in Israel is far far far higher than in the US.

Also why has every other Jew posting in this thread found it crazy?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:14 PM »

It's not even so much "weak" as completely illogical as the rate of anti-Semitic violence in Israel is far far far higher than in the US.

I'll respond to your question with a question. I have a very left-wing Jewish atheist friend who's strongly considering aliyah because he's concerned about white nationalism and afraid of the Trump regime. Would you consider him crazy as well?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »

I'll respond to your question with a question. I have a very left-wing Jewish atheist friend who's strongly considering aliyah because he's concerned about white nationalism and afraid of the Trump regime. Would you consider him crazy as well?

Yes actually. Trump is many things, none of them good, but it's hard to see how anti-Semitic is one of them (especially considering that his daughter is Jewish.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »

I'll also note that every Jew doing that would be tantamount to ethnic cleansing, there would thus be no Jews remaining in the US.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »

I'll also note that every Jew doing that would be tantamount to ethnic cleansing, there would thus be no Jews remaining in the US.

Stop. Please stop.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 11:15:36 AM »

Voluntary migration is now "ethnic cleansing"? This is a new level of illogic, even for you.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 11:17:23 AM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 11:29:11 AM »

I'm saying it would have the same effect as ethnic cleansing if you seriously want every single Jew in the US to migrate.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 12:04:27 PM »

Voluntary migration = ethnic cleansing? I guess we've reached a new level of "all liberal, all the time."
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 12:06:51 PM »

Zack, just stop.
elcorazon

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 12:33:23 PM »

Yes actually. Trump is many things, none of them good, but it's hard to see how anti-Semitic is one of them (especially considering that his daughter is Jewish.)
please.
1. you are assuming that TRump is in charge of the policy.
2. his rhetoric has been consistently in line with pandering to anti-semites over and above anything else.
3. Fear of the fascist regime that starts with muslims and Mexicans eventually hitting the Jews is quite logical and likely.
4. Pretty weak to keep using his daughter as some sort of proof of anything. Many examples of nazis supporting the regime while making exceptions in their own mind for a Jew or two who they somehow managed to think are "different".
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »

He may not be antisemetic(that isn't perfectly clear), but he definitely panders to antisemetic groups, hires hardcore antsemites to be his trusted advisors, happily creates an atmosphere that makes perpetrators of hate crimes feel backed and encouraged, etc. Antisemitism is going to become more common and commonly expressed in the next four years.

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19:34 PM »

Yes because any left-wing atheist should be horrified at what Israel is becoming.

And is he not concerned about terrorism/war that kill Jews far more frequently in Israel than white nationalism in America?
EnglishPete

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »

please.
2. his rhetoric has been consistently in line with pandering to anti-semites over and above anything else.
3. Fear of the fascist regime that starts with muslims and Mexicans eventually hitting the Jews is quite logical and likely.
4. Pretty weak to keep using his daughter as some sort of proof of anything. Many examples of nazis supporting the regime while making exceptions in their own mind for a Jew or two who they somehow managed to think are "different".
Except that there's absolute no evidence whatsoever of Trump or any of his advisors being antisemitic. the two bits of 'evidence' that keep being brought up are that Bannon's ex-wife made an unconfirmed claim that he'd once said something anti-semitic. She made this claim whilst they were going through a messy divorce so perhaps not the most reliable of witnesses. The other bit of 'evidence' is that Gorka is linked by six degrees of Kevin bacon to Admiral Horthy.

That's the sum total of the 'evidence' that Trump and people in his circle are anti-semitic.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 01:54:11 PM »

please.
Except that there's absolute no evidence whatsoever of Trump or any of his advisors being antisemitic. the two bits of 'evidence' that keep being brought up are that Bannon's ex-wife made an unconfirmed claim that he'd once said something anti-semitic. She made this claim whilst they were going through a messy divorce so perhaps not the most reliable of witnesses. The other bit of 'evidence' is that Gorka is linked by six degrees of Kevin bacon to Admiral Horthy.

That's the sum total of the 'evidence' that Trump and people in his circle are anti-semitic.

Do you read breitbart? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer. Steve Bannon was its editor. You've seen the anti-semetic headlines.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 01:57:06 PM »

*Cemetery
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies