538 bravely tells the truth Atlas ignores: Susan Collins is a moderate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:25:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  538 bravely tells the truth Atlas ignores: Susan Collins is a moderate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 538 bravely tells the truth Atlas ignores: Susan Collins is a moderate  (Read 3635 times)
hopper
United States

« on: March 04, 2017, 07:30:31 PM »

Determining if someone is moderate based on their votes is tricky. imo Collins is a 90s republican. The most moderate republican in my eyes is Kasich.
Kasich's congressional voting record when he was in the US House from 1983-2000 is more conservative than Collins's Congressional Voting Record.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »

I get why Democrats don't like Susan Collins, but the outrage is exaggerated. She's like the only Republican Senator from a blue state, right? (Okay, if we count Gardner, there's 2). And it's not as if Maine is solidly Democratic anyway. However, there's five Democratic Senators in states Trump won by at least 15 points and they're all way to the left of their states (with the exception of Manchin). I've never seen Democrats call them "fake moderates". This is a Republican problem, not really a Democratic one.

If you want Republican policies, you should vote for a Republican candidate for Congress, no matter how hard the Democratic candidate tries to be a "Smiley nice guy moderate FF who will clean up the mess in Washington Smiley". Same is true for other side as well, of course. Atlas generally understands this (okay, most of Atlas does), but the typical American "swing" voter does not. I'll never understand how a Republican can vote for Heidi Heitkamp for Senate or how a Democrat can vote for Susan Collins. This is just dumb.
Colorado is a Purple State not a Blue or a Atlas Red State.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:24:48 PM »

Determining if someone is moderate based on their votes is tricky. imo Collins is a 90s republican. The most moderate republican in my eyes is Kasich.
No Collins is still more Moderate than a 90's Republican was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies