Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 07:12:01 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Cast your Ballot in the 2016 Mock Election

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  About this Site
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Greatest I am
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Greatest I am  (Read 3140 times)
Solitude Without a Window
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 01:45:05 am »
Ignore

Personally, I respond to his posts just to laugh at his facepalm-worthy stupidity

(Other than on Nathan's AMA where I often find the answers of the two of them equally bad)

what the actual f**k

Our numbers are dwindling. Our words are confused.
Some of them have been twisted by the enemy
until they can no longer be recognized.

Now what is wrong, or false, in what we have said?
Just some parts, or everything?
On whom can we still rely? Are we survivors, cast
away by the current? Will we be left behind,
no longer understanding anyone and being understood by no one?
Must we rely on luck?

This is what you ask. Expect
no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 01:01:10 pm »
Ignore

Personally, I respond to his posts just to laugh at his facepalm-worthy stupidity

(Other than on Nathan's AMA where I often find the answers of the two of them equally bad)

Who are you again?

Professor Nathan. A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights. Can you really trust him?

Yeah that's right, I said Siam. Why don't you go tell Pedro Martinez
Santander
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 5.39

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 02:01:57 pm »
Ignore

Who are you again?
He's not wrong.

hey guys, my name is santander and i seek validation on an obscure internet forum by deliberately posting contrarian and dumb things. please pay attention to me Sad
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 03:12:16 pm »
Ignore

Who are you again?
He's not wrong.

Okay, I'll bite. How is "The most important differences imo are reincarnation, which Christianity (in all but a few forms) denies and Buddhism (in all but its most modernist forms) affirms, and the Buddhist model of an eternally existent and ever-recrudescent cosmos as opposed to the Christian model of a God Who creates ex nihilo from a definite beginning point. My position is that the traditional Buddhist refusal to speculate on the exact state of someone who has entered parinirvana means that it's not as irreconcilable with the Christian goal of eternal life in God as a lot of commentators think, but most scholars would probably disagree with me on that." an equally bad explanation of the irreconcilability of Christianity and Buddhism to GIA's?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:20:02 pm by modern maverick »Logged

Professor Nathan. A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights. Can you really trust him?

Santander
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 5.39

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »
Ignore

Who are you again?
He's not wrong.

Okay, I'll bite. What's wrong with the way I've been answering my questions?
I was just assuming, because of the combination of the fact that I'm an asshole and that I think the whole idea of an AMA thread is rather ridiculous. I haven't even opened your thread.

hey guys, my name is santander and i seek validation on an obscure internet forum by deliberately posting contrarian and dumb things. please pay attention to me Sad
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2017, 03:21:57 pm »
Ignore

Who are you again?
He's not wrong.

Okay, I'll bite. What's wrong with the way I've been answering my questions?
I was just assuming, because of the combination of the fact that I'm an asshole and that I think the whole idea of an AMA thread is rather ridiculous. I haven't even opened your thread.

Gotcha. We're good.

Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »
Ignore

I googled "Let us give satan to mankind" because I wanted to see if God actually said that or if it was a paraphrase... and I was surprised that the same identical topic has been posted by Greatest I am on... wait for it... 14 (FOURTEEN) different forums.

Hmm...

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."

"Marcia Timmel said: "I'm so small and the darkness is so great." We must light a candle."

"The Democratic Party has lost much of its credibility with working class and poor people.  It retards progress towards presenting a genuine alternative."

"There is no time for timidity."

-Paul Wellstone
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 10:17:33 pm »
Ignore

I googled "Let us give satan to mankind" because I wanted to see if God actually said that or if it was a paraphrase... and I was surprised that the same identical topic has been posted by Greatest I am on... wait for it... 14 (FOURTEEN) different forums.

Hmm...

rofl

Must we rely on luck?

no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.40

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 10:27:44 pm »
Ignore

Hmm...

Now that's just sad.  Hilarious, but sad.

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:30 pm »
Ignore

http://greatest-i-am.deviantart.com/

Jesus.  I mean.

...deviantart is still a thing?

Compassion Fills the Void
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2017, 10:31:02 pm »
Ignore

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1149628-Why-did-God-say-Let-us-give-Satan-to-mankind

I'm finally seeing them! September 16.

Compassion Fills the Void
BRTD
YaBB God
Ukraine

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2017, 10:34:38 pm »
Ignore

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/816706-Why-did-God-say-Let-us-give-Satan-to-mankind

So he has 878 posts on a forum about hallucinogenic drugs.

Also "Gnostic Bishop" LOL.

I'm finally seeing them! September 16.

Harry
YaBB God
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2017, 11:10:40 am »
Ignore

He should be banned for ending all posts with "Regards DL" rather than for anything he posts.

Does he not know about sigs or does he just not care?
Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2017, 11:13:43 am »
Ignore

Eh...

"I, as a man without honor, who has inadvertently fallen in love with my neighborís really young daughter, I think I will ponder how to buy her to free her for my honor.

If I am lucky, my brother next door is the type of good Muslim who will sell me his daughter. I hope I can afford her.

If not, maybe I will load my rifle."

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Mr. Morden
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2017, 11:19:15 am »
Ignore

He should be banned for ending all posts with "Regards DL" rather than for anything he posts.

Does he not know about sigs or does he just not care?

One could ask the same of our fearless leader:

Enjoy,
Dave

Enjoy,
Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks,
Dave

Though maybe his choice of "Enjoy" vs. "Thanks" is meant to be a coded message to us?

My magnum opus is now complete.  Read the complete "The Adventures of Hobo Orgy Guy & Blondie" (now in paperback).

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Claude Trollo
Kalwejt
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2017, 11:21:28 am »
Ignore

But, Morden, we can't apply our mortal standards to Dave.

Kal is like Strache when he pushed Jorg Haider out of the FPO, and we all know how that ended Sad
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 02:33:26 pm »
Ignore

Bump. He's spamming multiple threads at once. Is there seriously nothing we can do about this guy?

afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2017, 03:04:19 am »
Ignore

The sadder spectacle is the need for a circle jerk of posters in the RandP board who persistently engage with him. He clearly can't be that much of a problem if they're getting a kick out of it.

Mopolis
MOPolitico
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: 0.68

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2017, 09:26:29 am »
Ignore

The sadder spectacle is the need for a circle jerk of posters in the RandP board who persistently engage with him. He clearly can't be that much of a problem if they're getting a kick out of it.

It's hard to ignore a poster who makes it a point to reply to every single post in every single thread.

That said, now that I've seen that he can "beaten" (in the same way that one beats a video game, not in the way that one beats an interlocutor), I'm in favor of keeping him around.
Trounce-'em Theresa
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2017, 07:29:03 pm »
Ignore

That said, now that I've seen that he can "beaten" (in the same way that one beats a video game, not in the way that one beats an interlocutor), I'm in favor of keeping him around.

But why? Even if we assume he's not trolling, how is the manner in which he posts not spamming? How does his manner of interacting with other posters not constitute personal attack? The persistent refusal to do anything about a poster who behaves like this other than MAYBE deleting a few of his posts OCCASIONALLY is utterly bizarre to contemplate and, to be frank, I very strongly doubt that he'd be shown nearly so much laxity if it were any other board than R&P to which he were doing this.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 07:33:22 pm by modern maverick »Logged

Senator Scott, PPT
Ascott
YaBB God
Norway

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2017, 07:56:41 pm »
Ignore

He's literally shtposting now.  How apropos.

Mopolis
MOPolitico
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 12:51:09 am »
Ignore

But why? Even if we assume he's not trolling, how is the manner in which he posts not spamming? How does his manner of interacting with other posters not constitute personal attack? The persistent refusal to do anything about a poster who behaves like this other than MAYBE deleting a few of his posts OCCASIONALLY is utterly bizarre to contemplate and, to be frank, I very strongly doubt that he'd be shown nearly so much laxity if it were any other board than R&P to which he were doing this.

If you want consistent quality, I suggest that you migrate to AAD. The reason I don't support the banning of DL, in spite of the fact that his behavior violates the norms of any serious discussion forum, is that I no longer consider this a serious discussion forum: rather, I view it as a place to "take a load off", and trolling Greatest I am has become a routine part of that experience.
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 01:29:06 am »
Ignore

If you want consistent quality, I suggest that you migrate to AAD.

"Let's keep this forum crappy so we can keep boasting about how much better ours is!"

Must we rely on luck?

no answer but your own.

Bertolt Brecht
Mopolis
MOPolitico
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2017, 09:19:53 am »
Ignore

If you want consistent quality, I suggest that you migrate to AAD.

"Let's keep this forum crappy so we can keep boasting about how much better ours is!"

Did you read the rest of my post? It's not that I want this forum to be crappy, it's just that it serves a different purpose.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout