President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:57:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: President Trump orders his steak well done with ketchup  (Read 8513 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 01:42:42 AM »

...Not a single Hank Hill quote?  Sad!
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 02:04:03 AM »

...Not a single Hank Hill quote?  Sad!

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 02:11:10 AM »

This is the same guy who eats his pizza with a fork.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 02:12:12 AM »

This is the same guy who eats his pizza with a fork.

to be fair so does every rich 1% politician.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 02:12:38 AM »

Not exactly important news, but funny nonetheless.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 05:16:35 AM »

I love medium-well done steak with tomato sauce.

We dont call it ketchup. It's tomato sauce.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »

Uh, Trump is an unsophisticated rube though. He's barely literate! He watches TV and eats junk food the whole day and is too lazy to walk up stairs. And, as is abundantly clear from his tacky golden palace and his love of incorrectly cooked food, he has no taste.

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

Congratulations, you win a snobby award!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 08:30:53 AM »

So he is vulgar. So what?  That is part of his mass appeal.

I've seen his taste in his mansion, and it reminds me of Don Vito Corleone (The Godfather). Very few books, and much gilt.

Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2017, 08:36:38 AM »

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether the outrage on the left over this is sarcasm or not.

The outrage levels and reasons are different.

When I see a story about the President eating pizza with a knife and fork or eating a wekk-done steak with ketchup, I'm outraged as a New Yorke. That man is not one of us. Eating pizza with a knife and fork?! Having a chef mutilate a steak and eating it with ketchup?!?! Sir, you disgust me.

It's hyperbolic and certainly not that serious, but the New Yorker in me is duly outraged.

However, it's different from the absolute horror of hearing that the President calls the press the enemy of the American people, or about his muslim ban, or Gorsuch, or his closeness with Russia, etc. That outrage is real, no hyperbole.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2017, 09:06:19 AM »

This is the second time I've read such a story about Trump. A worker from Kathie Lee Gifford's yacht reported when Trump was a guest there they served him fine Kobe beef cooked appropriately at medium-rare to rare temperature. Trump or it sent back and cooked very well done, and after it was returned he proceeded to douse it with catch up. Kobe friggin beef!

Yet another reason to dislike this guy. One would think with his Persona at least he's the kind of guy that would enjoy some great 25 year old single malt scotch or fine wine that one could relate to- - assuming Yours Truly could afford such beverages - - but no, he's going to freaking teetotaler. Not a thing about this guy I can even personally find to like.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »

Now this is a problem!  If you truly like the taste of beef, there is no reason to cook it past medium-rare or put any sauce on it!  I usually go rare for steaks and medium rare for burgers.  Burgers should be simple too- meat, cheese, bacon, and a bun!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 09:33:48 AM »

Uh, Trump is an unsophisticated rube though. He's barely literate! He watches TV and eats junk food the whole day and is too lazy to walk up stairs. And, as is abundantly clear from his tacky golden palace and his love of incorrectly cooked food, he has no taste.

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

Trump could piss his pants and spit up all over himself and you idiots would complain that anyone criticizing him is an elitist. Roll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 09:44:37 AM »

Sometimes it's hard to tell whether the outrage on the left over this is sarcasm or not.

I would not be surprised if some people are legitimately upset over this.

I'm upset over it.  It's one of the most horrifying things I've read since January 20th,  HP
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »

Honestly, when Trump called Kasich's eating habits disgusting, he licensed the same kind of criticism towards him. So yeah, sorrynotsorry; this is actually worse than stuffing a pancake into your mouth.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 10:14:42 AM »

You're a NYer you don't understand
indeed, NYers are very easily triggered by trivial things.  The rest of us forget this sometimes.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 12:54:01 PM »

Where's the beef here? Smiley

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »

I know you probably have sh**tty steak in Arizona...

No, we don't. Most of us are sane about steak.I kind of doubt wolf is an Arizona native, btw. Probably some retiree that decided that Arizona was the perfect state to pollute with his racist trash.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 02:18:40 PM »

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

Snobbishness is next to godliness tbqh.
Actually wealthy people would scoff at the idea of eating steak to begin with.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

Trump could piss his pants and spit up all over himself and you idiots would complain that anyone criticizing him is an elitist. Roll Eyes

Wow you figured me out, I'm such an ardent defender of Trump. It couldn't possibly be that I simply think people like you are a scourge.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 02:49:06 PM »

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

Wow you figured me out, I'm such an ardent defender of Trump. It couldn't possibly be that I simply think people like you are a scourge.

I really don't see what is objectionable about expecting the President of the United States to not act like an unsophisticated rube. The president should represent the best of us. He shouldn't be an obese close-minded illiterate.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2017, 03:02:24 PM »

I know you probably have sh**tty steak in Arizona...

No, we don't. Most of us are sane about steak.I kind of doubt wolf is an Arizona native, btw. Probably some retiree that decided that Arizona was the perfect state to pollute with his racist trash.
His political views are pretty mainstream in AZ from my experience.
elcorazon

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »

Well-done steak? I can understand. That's really the only way I'll eat it to be honest.

w/ ketchup? No comment.
once you've made it well done, you actually probably need the ketchup to manage to swallow the damn thing, to be fair.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

I really don't see what is objectionable about expecting the President of the United States to not act like an unsophisticated rube. The president should represent the best of us. He shouldn't be an obese close-minded illiterate.

I won't argue that Trump isn't unsophisticated, because obviously he's not exactly the most cultured, well mannered, or well read of people. In fact, he's basically the opposite. Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone says about him because what I think of him can't be said in polite company. However, I do object to putting down people who don't have the posh manners and etiquette or have the book smarts or exposure to culture that those with higher levels of privilege have the option of enjoying.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »

Pretentious? Check.
Elitist? Check.
Holier than thou? Check.

I won't argue that Trump isn't unsophisticated, because obviously he's not exactly the most cultured, well mannered, or well read of people. In fact, he's basically the opposite. Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone says about him because what I think of him can't be said in polite company. However, I do object to putting down people who don't have the posh manners and etiquette or have the book smarts or exposure to culture that those with higher levels of privilege have the option of enjoying.
I don't mean to put down people like that. I just don't think they should be president.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2017, 03:41:37 PM by Simfan34 »

Smash the barbarians! It's not about being cosmopolitan or elitist. It's about eating your steak like a sane, normal human being. The archetypical Texas everyman Hank Hill understood this perfectly well:

If you order a $60 steak only to have it burnt to a puck and then slather it with ketchup, you simply don't know what you're doing, and no amount of money in the world can change that. And if you don't know that, one can hazard there's a lot of other things you don't know how to do properly, or rather-less-than-subtle details you're incapable of picking up on.

A wise(r) man who insists upon burning his meat would at least have the sense not to waste a decent cut and use, I don't know, a chuck steak.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies