What Atlas #Analysis will be rejected after the 2020 election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:46:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What Atlas #Analysis will be rejected after the 2020 election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What Atlas #Analysis will be rejected after the 2020 election?  (Read 4634 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »

Which piece Atlas #Analysis was proven right by the 2016 election, aside from NH being marginally more Democratic than expected?

McCrory's a dead man for one.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »

Which piece Atlas #Analysis was proven right by the 2016 election, aside from NH being marginally more Democratic than expected?

Trouble is, Atlas provides endless streams of analysis and it constantly ebbs and flows with dominant fashion. That said, the narrative of a Midwest sweep for the GOP, in tandem with a concurrent surge in the sunbelt and Rockies for the Democrats, was not an uncommon one amongst certain people, sometimes even becoming a dominant theory. Of course, most people misdiagnosed the candidate needed to create this swing (this was the heyday of the "soothing Midwestern Governor" notion, which would become a meme on these boards almost as soon as it was said).

I mean, I can't talk: I called the primary correctly quite early, but the only major call I got right in the general was that Johnson was way less vulnerable than Kirk ever was.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies