HB 2016-1079 - Congressional Resolution on Syria (AMENDMENT VOTE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:05:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 2016-1079 - Congressional Resolution on Syria (AMENDMENT VOTE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 2016-1079 - Congressional Resolution on Syria (AMENDMENT VOTE)  (Read 1694 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: March 09, 2017, 04:17:15 AM »

someone please destroy this with fire
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »

Imo 50% of this bill was done back in 2012 by the Obama administration (e.g putting Sanctions on the Syrian leadership, something that we've done for virtually every other similar case in the last 50 years)

I know the President disagrees that we should mention when Syria uses mustard gas, and barrel bombs on hospitals
Yeah, how did that work out for him? You guys love using the most insane things, if having a sane foreign policy is being seen as weak, so be it.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 06:54:32 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Let us debunk the pure pointlessness and foolishness of this bill, bit by bit.

1 and 1B. ok...pretty sure everyone knows about this, this isn't the reason I'm opposing the idiocy of this bill despite what Blair may claim.

(Actions on Syria....this is where it gets bad)

1. Again, don't mind this, you will see this in the Foreign Policy Review anyways, which Blair should know considering he was on the NSC, but he won't tell you that part.

2. Let's face it, the UN doesn't really have all that much power when it comes to actually doing anything unless you have real coalitions, 1-2 of the UN Security Council members adamantly oppose any action.

3. Wow, you Blairs' sure do love regime change, eh? This is not ours to decide and I will not be allowing any more regime change military actions, no more nation building/regime change wars (nation building means rebuilding these nations in our own positive image, btw)

4. Wow, let's do something else to set Russia off, that's the way to build dialogue!

C'mon people, this is common sense, if you want to pass it, go ahead. But do not expect me to indulge in this insane foreign policy endeavor.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »

I am glad I was able to express my true feelings on this and you can expect much more of this from me in any interventionist bill that may pop up.  The voters elected me to do my job and that I shall!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies