Dave finally accepted my resignation as a mod
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:15:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Dave finally accepted my resignation as a mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Dave finally accepted my resignation as a mod  (Read 1371 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 09:50:40 PM »

Don't really know who you are, and that makes me sad when reading these comments.

Anyway, being a mod is a hard job I imagine, especially with all the hate if you let a spammer spam for more than 15 minutes, doing it for six years is quite the accomplishment. I wouldn't be able to do it if I tried.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 09:55:59 PM »

Wait a second, I just noticed that even though I'm not listed as modadmin anymore, it still shows me options for "modify" and "delete" on other people's posts.  I don't remember that being there the last time I was a regular poster.  "Move topic" and "sticky" also still seem to be active.  Did Dave take away my title (and access to the mod board) while not actually taking away my powers?

Do I still have awesome powers, but now no responsibility to go with said powers?

I don't know.  I would like to test it out though to make sure I'm not crazy.  Does anyone have a post of theirs that they wouldn't mind me trying to edit, just to see if this works?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 10:01:25 PM »

Ha, OK, Virginia just gave me permission to delete her last post and it worked (also edited Texasgurl's post).  I guess I still have many of the modadmin powers in terms of deleting or modifying anyone else's posts.  But no access to the mod board, no ability to see people's IP addresses or moderated posts, and no ability to ban anyone or give out points.

Should I tell Dave?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »

Morden shhhh delete your posts now! You can be Atlas's own Batman! A user thought to have no powers, but in reality has it all, and has taken to a life of doling out vigilante justice on US Election Atlas - quietly cleaning up what no one else will!

The Modern Knight Rises!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »

Btw, it looks like Dave also created brand new "2018 Gubernatorial Election Polls" and "2018 Senatorial Election Polls" boards.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »

Sorry to see you go, but congrats on your mod-retirement, I guess.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2017, 10:46:17 PM by DavidB. »

I don't get the idiotic Dem or Rep mod thing, Either your a good mod or not.
Yeah, this.

Congrats, Kal, and thank you for all you did for the forum, Morden! Also good to see a European mod. Will be useful when trolls start spamming at times when our American mods are still asleep.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:10 PM »

Congrats Mr Morden on your retirement as mod....

Although I don't pay a ton of attention to the "mod scene", I know that it is a tough gig and comes with a huge investment of one's personal time and investment.

Thankfully, you are not retiring from posting on the board, since I have always enjoyed your insights and inputs on a wide variety of topics, so I guess we get the best of both worlds, although obviously that leaves a yuuuge gap on the mod side, that is someone else's job to fill, you'll still be chilling and posting on the Forum, perhaps with a little extra time on your hands to post a bit more, now recently liberated from your mod job responsibilities and duties. Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 11:25:37 PM »

Here's the thing: Moderating isn't actually that much work when you're not moderating a high drama board.  In fact, even if you're moderating a high drama board, it's not that much work if you 1) don't agonize too much over your decisions, and 2) don't care when people complain about you not fixing their problems instantly.  And if you *really* don't care, you can just do nothing for months, and it's very difficult for anyone to get rid of you over negligence, because Dave isn't really paying attention, and it would take the other mods harassing him into action for ages to get him to dump you for not doing your job (if they even care).

But my problem is that I'm too OCD, so I can't let things go for months, and also I felt compelled to do the extra credit work of looking for sock accounts and trying to steer discussions on the mod board when people just talked themselves in circles over some issue without doing anything.  I couldn't just lower my workload by slacking off more.  I'm also uncertain about my (real world) job situation in the coming months, which might severely reduce my time on the forum for a while, and didn't want this other stuff hanging over my head.  Just couldn't bring myself to go the route of, say, Alcon, and just severely limit my mod duties, but hang around to put in my two cents every once in a while.  Wouldn't work for me, because I'd always be too tempted to get more involved.

So I just went the cold turkey route and quit as a mod completely, so that there's no temptation.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:33 PM »

Similar reasons caused me to step down from modding USGD, tho I stayed on at the two low drama boards I continue to moderate.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 01:22:29 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 02:40:11 AM »

Virginia? A mod? Another terrible decision. The Republicans won last year; no Democratic mods should be approved until Dems take back the House, Senate, or presidency.

This is an... interesting interpretation.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2017, 03:08:40 AM »

Oh, and Virginia and PiT are mods? Awesome.

Wait a minute. TWO mods are g...g...g.....GIRLS?!? Shocked (Faints like internet basement dwelling virgin)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2017, 07:25:32 AM »

Mr. Morden truly was "the force" in the Cave on so many issues and tasks. He diligently attended to this duties, and invariably displayed good judgment attended with excellent diplomatic skills. I am saddened that he decided to pack it in, and thank him of his service. The silver lining, is that three outstanding Atlasians have agreed to help us out.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2017, 07:34:15 AM »

Oh, and Virginia and PiT are mods? Awesome.

Wait a minute. TWO mods are g...g...g.....GIRLS?!? Shocked (Faints like internet basement dwelling virgin)
For a second I thought you were saying that PiT was a girl. I was really confused.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2017, 07:43:11 AM »

For a second I thought you were saying that PiT was a girl. I was really confused.
I for one welcome PiT to the team.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2017, 08:14:20 AM »

Virginia? A mod? Another terrible decision. The Republicans won last year; no Democratic mods should be approved until Dems take back the House, Senate, or presidency.

Does Eharding believe the forum works like the Jacksonian spoils system?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »

Does Eharding believe the forum works like the Jacksonian spoils system?

In this case it should be Trump making recommendations.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2017, 10:45:22 AM »

"Dave" ?

This guy still exists ?

Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »

Well, Tender, I've been waiting for this a long time. Now that I've got the power, I'm coming after you

Wink
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »

Well, Tender, I've been waiting for this a long time. Now that I've got the power, I'm coming after you

Wink

Don't abuse your power, or you'll be removed quicker than Flynn or Puzder ... Wink
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2017, 12:09:11 PM »

Wink

Wait, you are a moderator as well? How many new moderators are there?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 01:08:23 PM »

Agreed. I'd suggest a march, but since most of us are nerds, how about a nap and snack at a Starbucks in... where does Dave live?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 01:09:27 PM »

Wink

Virginia and PiT are new mods too.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »

Wink

Virginia and PiT are new mods too.

Cool.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies