SB 2016-058 - The Indigenous People's Day Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-058 - The Indigenous People's Day Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-058 - The Indigenous People's Day Act (Debating)  (Read 2165 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

« on: March 04, 2017, 09:18:15 PM »

I support Indigenous People's Day and also Election Day.  Holidays woo woo ( lol just kidding).  I'm not sure what the problem is with it, but if we don't do the holiday, we should definitely do something with education like PiT said because I think it's a serious problem.  When I took my first US history course in college, I felt like there was so much I didn't know or was hidden from me about our country's history which is pretty sad.  Not just about Native Americans either but it was definitely one of the big things.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2017, 02:02:20 PM by Siren »

What do we mean by "all dates where federal elections are held?"  Does that include special elections and runoffs like Louisiana has for its congressional elections?  If so, how would that work?  It wouldn't make sense to have a federal holiday for an election that's only happening in one state or one region.

Edit: Just realized I should be talking in Atlasian terms, ugh.  lol.  But point still stands regarding special elections and runoffs.  And do Senate elections count?  We could end up with a lot of holidays.

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 02:57:02 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies