The inauguration speech of President dfwlibertylover thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:01:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The inauguration speech of President dfwlibertylover thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The inauguration speech of President dfwlibertylover thread  (Read 463 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:05:29 PM »
« edited: March 03, 2017, 12:09:47 PM by President dfwlibertylover »

-Feel free to sign in and comment below!-

My fellow Atlasians, we gather today on the steps of the Capitol Building here in Nyman to ring in a new era of cooperation and Perseverance. It is time for us to come together and build a bright future so that our children and future generations will not have to worry about the shattered dreams that so many in the past have faced.

It is time for us to rebuild the infrastructure of Atlasia, to restore the economy of those who have been lost and forgotten in Appalachia and the Rust Belt of the Midwest. In order to do this, I am asking for Congress to help in approving a major economic package soon to be introduced that will provide job training for those who cannot find work in order to diversify the economy and let our economic potential explode into reality! We will do our best to rebuild the crumbling infrastructure across the nation, our crumbling highways and bridges and water systems that will fall into disrepair or already have done so. This must be the goal of our administration from day one and I hope to have Congressional approval on this important goal!

We will work swiftly to help reform the healthcare system in order to allow everyone to have a fair chance at having healthcare system while also maintaining the free market system that our nation has held since its foundation. A sliding scale of subsidies will be implemented, with the highest subsidies being reserved for the poorest of the poor and the lowest subsidies being reserved for the richest of the rich. This plan however will be amended and changed as per what Congress decides. I look forward to having a spirited and beneficial debate on this with Congress!

Finally, I will say that there are a numerous other number of issues that we as an administration will be pursuing  throughout our first term. We will draw back our role in conflicts, no longer will Atlasia be the world police, but rather Atlasia will intervene when it is truly necessary, instead of when it is seen as "needed" by those who only wish to spread our values  through the world. We will work to cut the regulations that shackle our businesses and keep them from expanding as they should be while ensuring that enough regulations remain in place that monopolies and unsustainable policies do not emerge. We will work to pursue clean energy sources while ensuring that the economy is not damaged in the process and that coal country is not harmed more than it already has been. We will work to cut the deficit if at all possible without raising taxes on the poor and the middle class, who are
already suffering under the weight of such taxes. We will work to make the game a better place and will consider reforms being proposed and debated by the Atlasian public as this speech is being made.

Overall, I hope that this will be a successful time in Atlasia and will be looked upon in Atlasian history as a golden age of politics and cooperation. I look forward to what we can do, together!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »

I look forward to working with you, Mr. President.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

Good speech, Mr. President. Good luck to you!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »

I look forward to helping your administration succeed, Mr. President.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:54:53 PM »

Excellent speech
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »

Best of luck, Mr. President!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 03:18:44 PM »

I look forward to working with you, Mr. President.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »

Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »

An interesting speech, Mr. President. There are some parts I disagree with, which is only to be expected, but I see room for common ground as well. Good luck (you'll need it); I look forward to suing the bejeezus out of everyone working with you in the months to come.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »

No mention of the rise in Atlasian Carnage. -1.
peterthlee
China

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »

Proud of you.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

I look forward to helping your administration succeed, Mr. President.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies