The White House (office of President dfwlibertylover) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:45:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House (office of President dfwlibertylover) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The White House (office of President dfwlibertylover)  (Read 11431 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 07, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »

Please don't delete the signatures of the house/Senate leadership and linked vote totals. Tongue

It is there not only to ensure the properly passed stuff gets to you, but also so that Scott or NeverAgain after him, can more easily update the statute pages on the wiki without having to dig to find Senate and House threads.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:00:21 PM »

Please don't delete the signatures of the house/Senate leadership and linked vote totals. Tongue

It is there not only to ensure the properly passed stuff gets to you, but also so that Scott or NeverAgain after him, can more easily update the statute pages on the wiki without having to dig to find Senate and House threads.

I still find it rather unnecessary to have 3 signatures before I sign, but ok.

But lets put it this way, it is easy to see if the PPT and Speaker are playing their role in a particular fashion. One of Goldwater's most important jobs is ensuring action "between" each house, without his signature there is no way for anyone to be able to see him doing that particular task except on the bills he administers himself.

Also your signature is normally outside the Quote box, whereas our three are inside of it and come after linked vote totals or a statement certifying joint passage in the case of Goldwater. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 01:44:05 AM »

Beautiful!

It almost makes the the dancing Little Peeps beneath tolerable.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 03:03:33 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2017, 03:08:13 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

The thing is, I can't actually sign these bills without those three signatures, VP Goldwater collected all of the signatures and delivered the signed and authorized bill to my desk a few minutes before this was put out, so it's not "better late than never".
Not really sure what purpose the signatures serve, or why it took three weeks for somebody to notice they were missing, but okay. I'm glad the confusion has been cleared up, in any case. Smiley

The signatures is more of a certification, coupled with links to the vote. This way both houses have access to the other houses' debate and vote and thus avoid confusion over whether or not a bill had passed the other chamber, which has been a pretty significant problem prior to this congress. In fact most of the confusion regarding bills this congress dealt with those bills that passed in one of the chambers in the 4th or even a prior Congress like the Freedom to Drink Act and thus before this system was introduced.

It also helps us see that all three Congressional leaders are performing their Constitutional duties, especially the Vice President, where in the absence of a signature, it would just get slotted to the President and there would be no way for people to see the activity occurring in his very important role in managing bills between houses and between the Congress and the President.

It is possible that this one just got overlooked, because I include Goldwater in most all of my PMs to House members and I know communications between PiT and myself are also sent to Goldwater, so it is likely that it is just buried in that. It is a new system just introduced in the 5th Congress and so a few glitches is to be expected.

However, when you consider the fact that the previous 4th Congress only put two bills on my desk as President and as President Dfw received about a dozen from the 5th Congress, I think both the competence of the leaders involved and the soundness of the system generally, has been proven. I think the 5th is the most efficient and effective of all the Congresses so far and that is largely do to improvements in the noticeboards, and the presence of these "links certified with signatures".

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:09:27 PM »

President Goldwater,

Last night the Northern Separatist Act passed the Congress.  Since we no longer have a Vice President, the bill goes directly to your desk for executive action.

Before Goldwater this mattered not, yet we find ourselves wanting for the presence of the Vice President.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »

On second thought, yeah, let's get a Vice President before anything else is done.

Also I have recommended to Goldwater that he create his own thread so he can control the topic heading and OP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies