What kind of Democrat should Donald Trump be most afraid of? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:23:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What kind of Democrat should Donald Trump be most afraid of? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What kind of Democrat should Donald Trump be most afraid of?  (Read 3023 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 03, 2017, 06:59:45 PM »

Honestly the kind of Democrat should Donald Trump be most afraid of is the one who doesn't have a noticeable flaw he can yell about over an over. Cause really that's what he does he just finds something about his opponent/gives them a nickname based on that and yells about over an over until for many that becomes a reality. Take for example Steve Bullock or Julian Castro the only rumors about them are an alleged affair by Bullock an money mismanagement at HUD by Castro neither which ever went anywhere/can be debunked while Warren has "Pocahontas" and Booker has big money donor ties
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:04:40 AM »

Also while I get the fun of these what ifs. I beat my bottom dollar after Kerry lost in 04 people here probably said they needed some folksy blue dog to win again and look how that went for all we know Trump can do something that shifts the conversation from what it was this year like invade a country, or a recession, or whatever an someone like Cuomo, Booker, or Castro just catches fire with the right message
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:10:36 AM »

Also while I get the fun of these what ifs. I beat my bottom dollar after Kerry lost in 04 people here probably said they needed some folksy blue dog to win again and look how that went for all we know Trump can do something that shifts the conversation from what it was this year like invade a country, or a recession, or whatever an someone like Cuomo, Booker, or Castro just catches fire with the right message

Well sure, if the economy does what it did in 2008, then even a Tom Steyer/Ivy League humanities professor ticket would beat Trump by 5-10.  But the fact that change nothing and wait for the economy to crash worked within 4 years last time doesn't mean it will work this time.  Failing to build a big tent also meant that Obama's power was especially fleeting once he got in.
That's not what I was really getting at my point is basing how should the dems act in 2020 off of this year is foolish. Look at Trump after 2012 everyone here would of said either someone like Rubio or bust for the GOP due to changing demographics now it's someone JBE or bust for the dems because WWC from rural America rule all. An I'm not saying ignore them but you don't need to directly pander to them either
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies