Most Americans Believe Trump-Russia Connections Need Further Investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:39:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Most Americans Believe Trump-Russia Connections Need Further Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most Americans Believe Trump-Russia Connections Need Further Investigation  (Read 1068 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2017, 09:56:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-russia-polls-235667
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:47:44 AM »

I'm sorry, but anyone who does not think this deserves--no, requires--a serious and thorough investigation is not only wrong but completely and totally un-American. I question your dignity, patriotism, and self respect. It doesn't matter who you voted for, and if Hillary had been elected and this happened I would be saying the same thing. The president of the United States has possibly committed treason; this is beyond all politics.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 11:35:11 AM »

I'm sorry, but anyone who does not think this deserves--no, requires--a serious and thorough investigation is not only wrong but completely and totally un-American. I question your dignity, patriotism, and self respect. It doesn't matter who you voted for, and if Hillary had been elected and this happened I would be saying the same thing. The president of the United States has possibly committed treason; this is beyond all politics.

Lock him up!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »

Bravo! Well put.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 01:02:21 AM »

-In what universe is talking to foreign leaders treason?

As long as there is an investigation into both candidates' foreign ties, I might consider this a respectable enterprise.

I seriously doubt this deserves an investigation of any kind.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 01:40:09 AM »

Most Americans don't care about Russia.

I think Russia is simply a ploy for Democrats to avoid facing up to the fact that Trump won the election.

It will be an interesting thing to see how the Russian situation turns out. Either:

1. Donald Trump runs out of time to prove the Russian situation is nothing; or

2. The US public get sick of listening to fake news stories about  Russia.

Either way, i think he is in the clear.

Average US voters are a lot smarter now than the media. They are actually a whole lot smarter than anyone gives them credit for.

That is why the fake news stories have little effect on Trump. He simply tweets his fans the words " fake news " and the story is illegitimate.

For actual news that would hurt Trump, Donald simply throws a tweet in the opposite direction and the fox hounds are off the scent.

Sound familiar?

Arnold Schwarznegger's ruined my show.
Nordstrom's banned my daughter.
Obama tapped my Tower.

As soon as Trump tweets these things, the media is essentially trapped like a victim on its own conveyor belt.

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »

A new poll is out showing most Americans support having a special prosecutor investigate these connections:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/poll-trump-russia-special-prosecutor-235707
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »

Most Americans don't care about Russia.

I think Russia is simply a ploy for Democrats to avoid facing up to the fact that Trump won the election.

It will be an interesting thing to see how the Russian situation turns out. Either:

1. Donald Trump runs out of time to prove the Russian situation is nothing; or

2. The US public get sick of listening to fake news stories about  Russia.

Either way, i think he is in the clear.

Average US voters are a lot smarter now than the media. They are actually a whole lot smarter than anyone gives them credit for.

That is why the fake news stories have little effect on Trump. He simply tweets his fans the words " fake news " and the story is illegitimate.

For actual news that would hurt Trump, Donald simply throws a tweet in the opposite direction and the fox hounds are off the scent.

Sound familiar?

Arnold Schwarznegger's ruined my show.
Nordstrom's banned my daughter.
Obama tapped my Tower.

As soon as Trump tweets these things, the media is essentially trapped like a victim on its own conveyor belt.

Too many Americans voted for Donald Trump and his Congressional stooges for me to have faith in the wisdom of the electorate. A full investigation can resolve everything one way or the other. I do not like having American politics imitating the style and techniques of a dictatorial political order that serves oligarchs well and cheats everyone else.

...Americans who voted for Donald Trump and his Congressional stooges sacrificed their freedom (and mine) for vague promises of economic gain, and (to paraphrase Benjamin Franklin on 'temporary safety') deserve poverty and despotism. I recognized Donald Trump as an untrustworthy demagogue, and I wouldn't complain so much if the President were  Mitt Romney. I look at Donald Trump and I see a politician analogous more to Hugo Chavez or Robert Mugabe than to... Ronald Reagan ... in techniques and likely results.

Donald Trump is a dictator. I accept that fact much as I must accept many other realities.
 "Bored, broke and lonely"... when life resembles a bad country song and you are a fan of classical music, you might be living only for the Afterlife or reincarnation if you are too old to start over.  

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 10:19:41 AM »

Too many Americans voted for Donald Trump and his Congressional stooges for me to have faith in the wisdom of the electorate. A full investigation can resolve everything one way or the other. I do not like having American politics imitating the style and techniques of a dictatorial political order that serves oligarchs well and cheats everyone else.

...Americans who voted for Donald Trump and his Congressional stooges sacrificed their freedom (and mine) for vague promises of economic gain, and (to paraphrase Benjamin Franklin on 'temporary safety') deserve poverty and despotism. I recognized Donald Trump as an untrustworthy demagogue, and I wouldn't complain so much if the President were  Mitt Romney. I look at Donald Trump and I see a politician analogous more to Hugo Chavez or Robert Mugabe than to... Ronald Reagan ... in techniques and likely results.

Donald Trump is a dictator. I accept that fact much as I must accept many other realities.
 "Bored, broke and lonely"... when life resembles a bad country song and you are a fan of classical music, you might be living only for the Afterlife or reincarnation if you are too old to start over.  

That so many cannot see that he is in fact a dictator in the making is beyond me.

I actually think they do see it and either (a) don't care, or (b) are just spinning all the insane things he's doing simply because he (for now) has an R next to his name.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »

A new poll is out showing most Americans support having a special prosecutor investigate these connections:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/poll-trump-russia-special-prosecutor-235707

And yet many here still insist the American people don't care about it. If the government won't defend its own people, why have a government at all?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »

And yet many here still insist the American people don't care about it. If the government won't defend its own people, why have a government at all?

Bingo. The Presidency is bigger than one man and our country deserves a thorough defense. Obama dropped the ball not doing more to counter Russian cyber incursions early on and Trump is making it worse with his obfuscating. Find out what happened, find out who was involved, and if anyone helped the Russians - in EITHeR party - then prison is appropriate, no matter who they are.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 05:18:32 PM »

People, most Americans also believe the Hillary Clinton email scandal needs a special prosecutor. Who cares?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 08:35:39 AM »

People, most Americans also believe the Hillary Clinton email scandal needs a special prosecutor. Who cares?

Okay, so let's do both.

The troubling thing here is that only one of them is president. And only one accusation includes colluding with a foreign government to hack our election.

Also, if we look even more into Hillary's emails, we have to do the same to Pence. It would be hypocritical otherwise.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies