Gillibrand/Heinrich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:06:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gillibrand/Heinrich
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gillibrand/Heinrich  (Read 1115 times)
henster
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2017, 03:00:00 AM »

Thoughts on this ticket?
Bakersfield Uber Alles
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 05:12:36 AM »

It has Heinrich on it, so I'm obligated to vote for it.

Two relatively young Dems would be a nice contrast between Trump and Pence (Pence seems a lot older than he is). Heinrich would make the ticket seem a bit less "coastal elite-y," which would be a big plus.
Kylar
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »

New York and New Mexico on the same ticket?
President Kristen Elizabeth Gillibrand and Vice President Martin Trevor Heinrich (Catholic/Lutheran) ticket?
I might be open to considering it a little bit.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 03:02:23 PM »

A Gillibrand/Heinrich or Heinrich/Gillibrand ticket could win. They would take back the Rust Belt, and Heinrich could appeal to female and young voters. This ticket could do well.
Hoosier_Nick
Nicholas_Roberts
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.03, S: -7.22

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »

Not a huge fan of Gillibrand, but obviously I'd vote for them.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

I'd vote for this ticket. Not sure I'd support Kirsten in the primaries.
Ridge
Rookie
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »

I wouldn't vote for this ticket, and neither would Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, or Nevada.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 09:15:07 PM »

Read my signature for my opinion. Heinrich would only be the VP nominee if Democrats win the NM governorship for obvious reasons, but this would be my dream ticket if I got to be the power broker.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 09:27:56 PM »

I wouldn't vote for this ticket, and neither would Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, or Nevada.

Care to explain why?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 10:24:11 PM »

Kirsten Gillibrand/Martin Heinrich?

I'm loving the idea -also didn't Heinrich once participate in a reality TV show on the Discovery Channel with Sen. Jeff Flake?  I think it was called Survivor or something.  They went to some island in the Marshalls, and had to survive together for nearly a week without reliable sources of drinking water.   
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »

I'm loving the idea -also didn't Heinrich once participate in a reality TV show on the Discovery Channel with Sen. Jeff Flake?  I think it was called Survivor or something.  They went to some island in the Marshalls, and had to survive together for nearly a week without reliable sources of drinking water.   

Yes.  Here's a clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcU9GNOg_A
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 08:26:47 AM »

I like it, but it seems a little too young/inexperienced and liberal...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »

Gillibrand would be going into office with more Washington experience than any president we've had in the past 40 years except George H.W. Bush.  Tongue
Liberal_1776
Political Matrix
E: -2.55, S: -3.41

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »

I would definitely vote for a ticket of Gillibrand and Heinrich. I also think they'd do a pretty good job running the country, with moderate liberal policies capable of uniting the Democratic Party. There's a nice balance of moderate and liberal, with Gillibrand as a former Blue Dog and New Democrat, and Heinrich as a Keith Ellison supporter and social liberal.

Regional balance is also good... also helpful to have a woman and a man.

Heinrich has charisma, Gillibrand has credentials.

That being said, I don't know how great of a ticket it would be on the campaign trail. Neither one is super charismatic, and it might be a little to Clinton/Kaine. Interesting idea, for sure.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

Gillibrand would be going into office with more Washington experience than any president we've had in the past 40 years except George H.W. Bush.  Tongue

That depends what you mean by Washington experience. If you just mean VP and time in the House/Senate, Gillibrand has had more experience than all the presidents in the 20th century besides Ford, Johnson, and Kennedy.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 11:32:02 PM »

Which Donald Trump supporters would they attract and how?
SCNCmod

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 09:48:51 AM »

I like both Gillibrand & Heinrich... and I originally thought Heinrich may be good on a ticket- But I have about decided that Heinrich is too lacking in the charisma dept. 

I think a better ticket that includes someone who is somewhat palatable to moderates (that is younger, from the SouthWest) would be:

Castro/Sherrod Brown.

(that is assuming Castro is very visible on cable news the next 2 years... and proves to be very credible & likeable with his messaging).
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 10:50:01 AM »

I like both Gillibrand & Heinrich... and I originally thought Heinrich may be good on a ticket- But I have about decided that Heinrich is too lacking in the charisma dept.  

I think a better ticket that includes someone who is somewhat palatable to moderates (that is younger, from the SouthWest) would be:

Castro/Sherrod Brown.

(that is assuming Castro is very visible on cable news the next 2 years... and proves to be very credible & likeable with his messaging).

Or Gillibrand/Brown.
SCNCmod

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »

Castro/Sherrod Brown.

Or Gillibrand/Brown.

I don't have a good enough sense yet regarding how Gillibrand would hold up as the nominee.  I know her views have shifted a bit over the years (which is fine with me... but could give fodder to others).

But a primary will be good to see how such things shake out (very interested to see how Gillibrand, Castro, Heinrich, Booker, Brown, even Schatz would do in a primary campaign).... who has the right tone, message, etc for voters and how they hold up to various criticisms in 2020.  I do think there is a very good chance that the VP choice will be a candidate that finishes 2nd or 3rd in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies